It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 10:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1875 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 75  Next
 Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Q&A [ALL QUESTIONS HERE] 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm trying to earn the TM for Explosion, but I just can't do it right for some reason. Here's what happens; I play around on the slots, not getting anything good until a ball appears in the bottom screen. First off, how do I make Clefairy come out of the ball? I just stop the reels according to which direction the ball wobbles. I do it a lot, and Clefairy always ends up coming out of the ball at some point; but is it random, or is there something I should actually be trying to do? That's a small issue, but I'd like some clarity.
Moving on to the bonus round; I play through that a bunch of times, following where Clefairy points except for when the moon is red (I push the opposite buttons then), but it always ends after a few times through the round. The highest I've ever gotten is 8 times through and almost crapped myself when it stopped. Does it just randomly choose to stop and you just have to hope Clefairy stays out long enough? I've only screwed up where he points one time ever, so it isn't my fault it stops. Do I have to do something else? I need this TM as soon as possible, so some help would be much appreciated.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:46 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Where is the best place to chain?

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:01 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Post ...
Emin Jofit wrote:
I'm trying to earn the TM for Explosion, but I just can't do it right for some reason. Here's what happens; I play around on the slots, not getting anything good until a ball appears in the bottom screen. First off, how do I make Clefairy come out of the ball? I just stop the reels according to which direction the ball wobbles. I do it a lot, and Clefairy always ends up coming out of the ball at some point; but is it random, or is there something I should actually be trying to do? That's a small issue, but I'd like some clarity.

I'm pretty sure this is random.
Emin Jofit wrote:

Moving on to the bonus round; I play through that a bunch of times, following where Clefairy points except for when the moon is red (I push the opposite buttons then), but it always ends after a few times through the round. The highest I've ever gotten is 8 times through and almost crapped myself when it stopped. Does it just randomly choose to stop and you just have to hope Clefairy stays out long enough? I've only screwed up where he points one time ever, so it isn't my fault it stops. Do I have to do something else? I need this TM as soon as possible, so some help would be much appreciated.

Random too, unless you get a bright white moon, in which Clefairy almost always stays.

3DS FC: Snail 4527-8592-7979

Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:46 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Emin Jofit wrote:
I'm trying to earn the TM for Explosion,

One tip of advice: DO NOT quit the slots after making it to round 10, just keep playing until the bonus thing finishes. Even if it goes to 13-15. Otherwise you won't get the TM.

Ryanh181 wrote:
Where is the best place to chain?

Depends what your trying to catch, if your just looking for a big field the island between battle zone and resort area is quite spacious.

Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:59 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm looking for the best place to chain as in, there arent alot of spaces off screen that could shake, Just a nice size grass patch. Doesn't matter what pokemon appear.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:40 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

OK, EV reducing berries. Some places say they simply reduce EVs by 10 but others say that the first berry sets the EV count to 100 in one stat, then -10 after that. Can anyone confirm which is true?

Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:19 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

solieus wrote:
OK, EV reducing berries. Some places say they simply reduce EVs by 10 but others say that the first berry sets the EV count to 100 in one stat, then -10 after that. Can anyone confirm which is true?

the first berry sets the EV count to 100 in one stat if the stat is greater than 100, then -10 after that.

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:15 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Q: When you EV train a pokemon, and you use a fully EVd pokemon to battle, and attach an Exp. Share to the one you want to EV, does the full EV pokemon recieve any of the points, or do they all fall onto the pokemon with EXp. Share?

Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:54 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

It will gain the corresponding evs it would of gained if it battled it or gained exp without the exp share.
evs are never “shared” and are only given when exp is given.meaning daycare or rarecandies dont give evs.
or in this case the exp share gives evs only because the pokemon gained exp. get it?

Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:53 pm
Profile YIM
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

oh, ok. so like, my fully EVd Empoleon on lv. 100 holding macho brace with pokerus would battle while my charmander has no EVs and has Exp. Share and pokerus. The Empoleon would battle an Arbok, and would gain 8 EVs in attack(but there would be no effect because his EVs are maxed out) and then the Exp. Share would give 4 EVs to charmander? just checking, cus i'm not sure if my math is right.

Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:10 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Correct if Arbok gives 2 attack evs.Which 2 is n the factor here.Empoleon would gain nada cuz its level 100 which 100s dont gain exp.meaning no evs at all.lets just no acknowledge what it would of gotten if it did get exp because then this situaion gets harder to explain.
Charmander would get 4 attack evs b cuz 2 attack evs times 2 due to pokerus equals 4.so yes your right.but it doesnt get “half” of the evs empoleon would get.thats false info.So yea thats bout it.

Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:33 am
Profile YIM
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

ok, thanks so much! now i won't make a mistake.

Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:49 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Is there a trick to getting good natures, or do I have to keep trying?

Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:30 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

McMandaFoo wrote:

Breed with a Ditto or female of the nature you want holding an Everstone. You will have a 50% chance of any baby having that nature.

Shinies

Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:55 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Sion9 wrote:
McMandaFoo wrote:

Breed with a Ditto or female of the nature you want holding an Everstone. You will have a 50% chance of any baby having that nature.

Really? You can do that? Sweet!

Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:04 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

You should also mention ditto is predominate if you have a ditto and a female,meaning ditto would take priority of being the female when passing the nature.
:b

Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:23 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ryu wrote:
level 100 which 100s dont gain exp.meaning no evs at all.

level 100s not gaining exp is true but they can still get evs if their evs haven't been maxed out.
for example lets say that you get a pokemon with 0 evs and you get it to level 100 by giving it rare candies or by leaving it in the daycare. its not going to have any evs because it didn't battled or it didn't gain any through exp share. so once its at level 100 and if you battle a pokemon it can still gain the evs. after it has gained the evs you can make the stat increase by taking it to the pokemon center and healing it or by depositing it into the pc

Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:54 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Dracomence wrote:
Ryu wrote:
level 100 which 100s dont gain exp.meaning no evs at all.

level 100s not gaining exp is true but they can still get evs if their evs haven't been maxed out.
for example lets say that you get a pokemon with 0 evs and you get it to level 100 by giving it rare candies or by leaving it in the daycare. its not going to have any evs because it didn't battled or it didn't gain any through exp share. so once its at level 100 and if you battle a pokemon it can still gain the evs. after it has gained the evs you can make the stat increase by taking it to the pokemon center and healing it or by depositing it into the pc

Nope.The BOX trick only worked in the 3rd generation games.It was then fixed in 4th generation games.But yeah it is true:the BOX trick does work but only applies to the 1st,2nd,and 3rd generation games.it was fixed for the 4th generation of pokemon because now you NEED to gain exp to get any evs whatsoever

Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:05 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

:shock: for real?? interesting everyday we learn something new lol thanks for the update ryu

Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:17 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Yup no problem bro.

Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:55 pm
Profile YIM
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I gave my Rhyhorn 12 Zincs to begin EV training at level 1 and his Special Defense stat did not go up at all. :? Why is that?

Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:39 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

You have to level it up first. After it reaches level 100, the effects of the Zinc will be shown.

Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:17 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

:D Oh ok thanks for the help but i also have one more question... Why does the Psydex show that Rhyperior could learn thunderpunch through a move tutor when he really can't? Or is there some other way to teach him the move and i am not aware of?

Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:08 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

wake_n_train wrote:
Why does the Psydex show that Rhyperior could learn thunderpunch through a move tutor when he really can't? Or is there some other way to teach him the move and i am not aware of?

Why do you say he can't? There's a Platinum Move Tutor that teaches Thunderpunch. There's also an Emerald Move Tutor.

Shinies

Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:02 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Ooh I see. Thanks. I was going to the wrong move tutor... :frustrated:

Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 1875 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 75  Next