It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Gen. V starters. 
THE POWER IS ON!

Water/Ice sucks and Empoleon would probably be NU right now if they gave it that type. It was much better for it to be Water/Steel because Steel gave it so many extra resistances, not to mention a resistance to that awful move Stealth Rock, in exchange for Ground and Fighting weaknesses. And I don't know what's so "weird" or hard to understand about Torterra's typing, considering it's a turtle (Ground) with a tree (Grass) growing on its back. It's not as if a fighting monkey who is set on fire is so much more logical.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:17 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Frost wrote:
And I don't know what's so "weird" or hard to understand about Torterra's typing, considering it's a turtle (Ground) with a tree (Grass) growing on its back. It's not as if a fighting monkey who is set on fire is so much more logical.

Or a mouse that shoots lightning bolts from its cheeks. :3

Off the topic of starters, Psychic/Dark would be so interesting of a type combination. Its only weakness would be bug, so really your only viable options would be X-Scissor and Signal Beam. I just think it'd be muy interesante.

~A haiku

I disable smilies because I do not smile.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:00 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

it'd be weak to bug. and perhaps to light type if they ever make it.

what animals or creatures, made up or real do you guys think the starters will be?

Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:09 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Aesthetically, I would like a more wicked looking pokemon for the grass-type starter. Don't get me wrong, I like Torterra, Venusaur, and Meganium (Sceptile is ugly though...), but the other two starters have a tendency to just LOOK better/more menacing in my opinion. I suppose Gen IV is an exception, since none of them look that imposing ever... but I think you all understand what I mean.

As far as typing, I actually prefer that they stick with Fire/Water/Grass, however I also hope that Gen V follows Gen IV's example of having good -other- pokemon early in the game, such as Shinx (an electric type that early was just great fun), instead of reverting back to how it was in Gen I and II and sort of III, where you end up having a team consisting of your starter and five Normal HM slaves.

Yep.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:28 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I think the grass one should be some sort of snake. they could bring back the traditional grass/poison type combo back.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:22 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Frost wrote:
And I don't know what's so "weird" or hard to understand about Torterra's typing, considering it's a turtle (Ground) with a tree (Grass) growing on its back. It's not as if a fighting monkey who is set on fire is so much more logical.

THANK YOU...

& about Empoleon, It's typing is fine but not when it's "right" by a Fire/Fighting Combo I mean it no longer even has Fire Resistance or the Defense to fend the Physical attacks off...I'm still cool with it though...meh...

Ryder wrote:
what animals or creatures, made up or real do you guys think the starters will be?

Fire = Mouse-like creature...this is in the case that they give it the secondary Electric Typing...oh & it would evolve into a mammal of sorts with a mini volcano on it's back...
Water = Panda Bear that's like a Monk...has a bamboo stick & knows a form of Martial Arts...it will start out as a normal Panda bear cub & become a full grown Kung-Fu Panda like pokemon...+ the skills though...
Grass = I only see it's last stage evolution as being some kind of slim Beetle - the Horn that can fly through the air at Extreme Speeds & knows a new move that simular to a Super Nova...some kind of move simular to Volt Tackle but also Brave Bird & no recoil damage to the user per say...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:36 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
Fire = Mouse-like creature...this is in the case that they give it the secondary Electric Typing...oh & it would evolve into a mammal of sorts with a mini volcano on it's back...
Camerupt?

Lawence Codye wrote:
Water = Panda Bear that's like a Monk...has a bamboo stick & knows a form of Martial Arts...it will start out as a normal Panda bear cub & become a full grown Kung-Fu Panda like pokemon...+ the skills though...
lol, sounds exactly like kung-fu panda. but wouldnt it be grass/fighting type?

Lawence Codye wrote:
Grass = I only see it's last stage evolution as being some kind of slim Beetle - the Horn that can fly through the air at Extreme Speeds & knows a new move that simular to a Super Nova...some kind of move simular to Volt Tackle but also Brave Bird & no recoil damage to the user per say...
um. a heracross/fearow fusion?

not trying to destroy ideas. just posting what first came to mind with each idea.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:22 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Ryder wrote:
Lawence Codye wrote:
Camerupt?

Lawence Codye wrote:
lol, sounds exactly like kung-fu panda. but wouldnt it be grass/fighting type?

Lawence Codye wrote:
um. a heracross/fearow fusion?

not trying to destroy ideas. just posting what first came to mind with each idea.

First...no Camerupt has a stupid suggy volcano on it's back...I mean a Rock Hard Volcano with cracks in it that generate electric light & while it may slow it down it also allows it to erupt at will...

Second...Grass...wat, why...it's bamboo stick is it's only grass like property...it's fighting cause it knows martial arts & water cause it learns physical Water Type attacks + Hydro Pump of course...

Last...it isn't an insect...just looks beetle like due to it's hard shell that covers it's back & head, wrist & lower legs...plus it's wings spread like Beedle wings...

I'm just going to stop there since this isn't sinking in at all I see...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:10 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Lawence Codye wrote:

Well, that's very nice, Lawrence, but did you get that panda idea from Pandaren Brewmaster from DoTa or Pandamonium in Heroes of Newerth? And as for the Mouse Pkmn thingy, it seems to me that an Earth type will be better, because isn't one of the weakness of Water type Electricity? A Grass/Bug or Flying type as the third? Hmm, very interesting idea, but try putting it this way, Fire/Rock, then a Water/Fightimg Pokemon and lastly, a Grass/Bug or Fighting or Flying, perhaps?

P.S. I still find the Mouse creature very......uniquely unique? A {rattata} /{raticate} on fire? I'm confused......

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5153353/1/P ... of_Azeroth
This is what I call a true fanfiction! Sequel is now in progress! http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7172509/1/B ... _the_Flame
Disclaimer: I do not own them. I merely post it here so that I can share this with you.
http://pokefarm.org/_ext/PFZX5DZ~5Dr
Please hatch my eggs !

Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:05 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Kinglugia wrote:
Well, that's very nice, Lawrence, but did you get that panda idea from Pandaren Brewmaster from DoTa or Pandamonium in Heroes of Newerth? And as for the Mouse Pkmn thingy, it seems to me that an Earth type will be better, because isn't one of the weakness of Water type Electricity? A Grass/Bug or Flying type as the third? Hmm, very interesting idea, but try putting it this way, Fire/Rock, then a Water/Fightimg Pokemon and lastly, a Grass/Bug or Fighting or Flying, perhaps?

P.S. I still find the Mouse creature very......uniquely unique? A {rattata} /{raticate} on fire? I'm confused......

The Water starter idea was not based on anything actually...I just though it up as a replacement for the Ice Type rabbit pokemon I originally had in it's place which was not gonna work...The Grass pokemon, feel free to put whatever twist type wise you want as I haven't figured out how it looks exactly...& about the fire thing...Infernape has Fighting Type & attacks of that type which weaken Empoleon...almost same concept there...& I actually drew the Fire starter's 1st stage but didn't scan it so...I originally had Ground as the 2nd Type for the Fire Starter & it's still something I want to do, but I don't want it having all those weaknesses that come with the Type Combo...& same for Fire/Rock...oh well...fits better so...

Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:32 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i have heard rumors that the three starters for generation V will FINALLY differ from you basic fire, grass, water types. what i have heard is that the starters would be something like dark, psychic, and fighting. i would love it if they did differ from the original, it is starting to get really old. and i like the idea of useing these three as starters. what do you think Espeons Quote well I Thing It would Be So Cool To have dif type Starter ,s And New Abiity Not Like Pinches Up Wate/fire/grass Moves

Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:16 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Oy vey...

Grammar A-bomb aside, I sincerely doubt that the starters will be any different than they have been. Most people seem to prefer the Fire/Water/Grass combination, and this isn't the first Gen to have rumors about different starter types.

Could be cool but don't get your hopes up.

...And read the rest of the thread before posting. :D

Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:31 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

johnnylime wrote:
i have heard rumors that the three starters for generation V will FINALLY differ from you basic fire, grass, water types. what i have heard is that the starters would be something like dark, psychic, and fighting. i would love it if they did differ from the original, it is starting to get really old. and i like the idea of useing these three as starters. what do you think Espeons Quote well I Thing It would Be So Cool To have dif type Starter ,s And New Abiity Not Like Pinches Up Wate/fire/grass Moves

Maybe at some point...fix your quote champ...it should look like this;

Espeonage9523 wrote:
i have heard rumors that the three starters for generation V will FINALLY differ from you basic fire, grass, water types. what i have heard is that the starters would be something like dark, psychic, and fighting. i would love it if they did differ from the original, it is starting to get really old. and i like the idea of useing these three as starters. what do you think

...first [] has quote="username" in it & the second [] has /quote in it...

& also, they probably meant the secondary types...not the main types...

Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:16 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Lawence Codye wrote:

I think it would be pretty interesting to see them take a new turn for startes and give us a Grass/Flying or perhaps Grass/Bug type for a starter. In such a case it could very learn Brave Bird or Megahorn (being your description gave it a type of Beetle look). Plus it would really help my liking for the Grass-type starters XD

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000277476380 Let's be friends?

Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:27 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

What they should do, is have Dragon/Fire, Dragon/Water and Dragon/Grass.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:14 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ryanh181 wrote:
What they should do, is have Dragon/Fire, Dragon/Water and Dragon/Grass.

Now THAT sounds awesome. Not sure how balanced it would end up being, but I also don't care. I can imagine how awesome they -could- look..

Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:53 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Actually, it would be really balanced that I can think of. Dragon is super-effective against itself, so even with the dual-type that way, the rock-paper-scissors relationship would still work.

(Plus, we don't have those kind of Pokemon yet...)

AEPMT ;) :P :mrgreen:

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:16 am
Profile YIM WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I really think they should incorperate Electric as a secondary type with the starters. Because I do not want to have a whole slot on my team for just electric. There are no good electric/???? combos as it is. (Magnezone = electric/steel = Golem :D)

{latias} Black FC: 1463 5647 1777 {latios}

Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:37 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Blaziken_is_Kool wrote:
I really think they should incorperate Electric as a secondary type with the starters. Because I do not want to have a whole slot on my team for just electric. There are no good electric/???? combos as it is. (Magnezone = electric/steel = Golem :D)

Exactly...I only hope that it goes to either the Water Type or the Fire Type...
since if they did it with the Grass Type, I only see the last straw on bad Grass Starters & this would only be the 2nd One... {sceptile} would be the first & even {torterra} had a flaw card known as...Leaf Storm on a physical attacker, really...the other 2 were okay & I hope this one is as well, Electric Typing or not...

Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:12 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I think they won't change the types. Anyway, I've been trying to come up with starters since forever and here are the best two sets I came up with. All are the final evolutions.

Set I

Steglade - Grass/Rock
A stegosaur/triceratops hybrid, with leaves for plates and face shield, thorns for tail spines and rock-like hide.
Stegosaur + Glade, Blade

Blazion - Fire/Steel
A biped blazing lion with steel claws and fangs.
Blaze + Lion

Hippeluge - Water/Ground
A hippo. 'Nuff said.
Hippopotamus + Deluge, Huge

Dual typing serves only to increase effectiveness of one of the types to another starter combination it was originally strong against.

Set II

Orchardon - Grass/Steel
A quadruped reptile with steel-hard claws and spines. In its head are two blossoms whose petals are hard as steel. Its tail is literally a tree (not the kind that branches out too much) with some berries.
Orchard + Don

Terrapyre - Fire/Ground
A huge stylized quad/biped terrapin with a lava hole in the top middle of its shell. Think the Lion Turtle from the Last Airbender and give it fire powers.
Terra, Terrapin + Pyre

Orchomp - Water/Ice
A killer whale.
Orca + Chomp

-----

One of the fire I was actually thinking of:

Minotorch - Fire/Fighting
A minotaur blazing with glory.
Minotaur + Torch/Scorch.

I scrapped it though since two of the previous fire starter final evolutions are Fire/Fighting.

-----

I actually have an entire region, if not two, to present but it's in the wee hours in the morning here so I need some sleep.

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Last edited by AceTrainer on Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:14 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Haha those actually sound pretty cool :) I especially liked the idea of Steglade.

Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:08 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Although Buizel was sort of a water-type dog, can we get a water-type dog, or wolf, please, for one of the starters? Water / Dark, with attributes of > Sharpedo / Carvanha?

Then, maybe, Fire / Psychic, we haven't really had that.

And grass / fighting, just to keep compounding the weaknesses! Then you'd really have to be careful - a dual advantage for each starter over its weaker starter, and double weakness to the stronger starter may be interesting.

Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:34 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Haha I actually kind of like that idea, Peanut_Lover

Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:52 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: I cannot disclose this information as it might endanger our units in the feild
what about fire/water water/grass and grass/fire it would create a triange and an inverse one, giving no one starter an unfair advantage *cough charizard* or disadvantage *cough venasaur*

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature

Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:30 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Arekasune wrote:
Haha I actually kind of like that idea, Peanut_Lover

Seconded...

I like the idea of Fire/Psychic for 2 reasons...
1. It will obliterate Infernape & sadly Blaziken as well...justice...
2. It will likely represent the logic of Pyrokinesis...which I will love...

& @ Robbydebry = umm...yeah, I perfer the first Fire/Water or Grass/Fire Type Combo Pokemon to be a pokemon that isn't a Legendary or Starter...

Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next