It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Santa's Reindeer 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well, I was just curious to what the names of them were so I browsed Wikipedia and to much surprise, I found a lot of interesting and colliding information on there. To start off, the original reindeer are Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder, and Blixem. Usually they're called Donner and Blitzen, but apparently that's not the original names. Another thing I found interesting is that Blitzen was originally a girl, not a boy, and that Rudolph is supposed to be the son of Donner and Blitzen...so how is that scientifically possible if they're both female? Last and not least, Robbie the reindeer (I don't know if any of you have seen that movie) falls in love with Donner, and since Rudolph is his dad, doesn't that make Donner his grandma? Anybody else notice these things or have other thoughts on this?

Me, my pokemon, and I (Sapphire).

Shinies: All from Diamond.
Alchemy and Byrd, the twin Ponytas.
Hope the Shinx.

Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:35 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

PKMNaddictSora wrote:
Well, I was just curious to what the names of them were so I browsed Wikipedia and to much surprise, I found a lot of interesting and colliding information on there. To start off, the original reindeer are Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder, and Blixem. Usually they're called Donner and Blitzen, but apparently that's not the original names. Another thing I found interesting is that Blitzen was originally a girl, not a boy, and that Rudolph is supposed to be the son of Donner and Blitzen...so how is that scientifically possible if they're both female? Last and not least, Robbie the reindeer (I don't know if any of you have seen that movie) falls in love with Donner, and since Rudolph is his dad, doesn't that make Donner his grandma? Anybody else notice these things or have other thoughts on this?

We usually referred to them as Donder/Donnor and Blitzen, like you said. But that IS very interesting.

lol, I've never heard of lesbo-reindeer. But in the movie~w, Blitzen was his dad, soooooo, yeah. I don't know.

Robbie the Reindeer is an awesome movie, that's all I have to say. And who knows, maybe all that could have happened was that they renamed the reindeer.~w

But we can't take these seriously. It's all a myth, after all.

..you can always e-mail me..</center>

Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:24 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Yeah,and,there are a lot of versions to all myths.

Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:26 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

as santa first mode of transport have all got antler this would mean ther're all female as males lose theirs in the winter

Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:18 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Location: Sitting in my humble home adding color into the pages of my life.
Interesting, yet confusing at the same time.

Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:25 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I've actually found wikipedia to be a source for misinformation. Its done this ti me 300 times.

Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:27 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Once two kids in my school edited a list of roman goddesses to our teachers or something, and Wikipedia got really pissed :p They called our school and banned us from Wikipedia for a week. Lol.

Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]