It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 New Pokemon Games 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Lol ok I know this will sound a bit stupid but oh well.

Im a perfectionist. Therefore, I get very attatched to my Pokemon when I play my game. I want to play Diamond, but I cant because I know a new Pokemon game will come out and I will want to get it. But I cant do that either, because I will already be attatched to my Pokemon on Diamond. Some people would say, "well just transfer your Pokemon over". Well I cant do that because then it wouldnt be ME, and MY Pokemon. It would be somebody elses, the guy in the other game.

I know it all sounds dumb, but I really wanna play Diamond and find a way around this. And answers like "dont play pokemonz" and "git over it" won't help much.

If you think you can help, please post here. Thanks :)

Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:46 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

"Get over it" and "Don't play Pokemon" are the only answers.

Really, quit being silly.

Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:30 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Gameshark your new game so that its name and ID number are the same as the old game.

Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:24 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: Please do not email me since I never check my email! Pm me instead please! You have been warned....
Mikey wrote:
Lol ok I know this will sound a bit stupid but oh well.

Im a perfectionist. Therefore, I get very attatched to my Pokemon when I play my game. I want to play Diamond, but I cant because I know a new Pokemon game will come out and I will want to get it. But I cant do that either, because I will already be attatched to my Pokemon on Diamond. Some people would say, "well just transfer your Pokemon over". Well I cant do that because then it wouldnt be ME, and MY Pokemon. It would be somebody elses, the guy in the other game.

I know it all sounds dumb, but I really wanna play Diamond and find a way around this. And answers like "dont play pokemonz" and "git over it" won't help much.

If you think you can help, please post here. Thanks :)

Well, like Sparrow said, the two answers you gave are the only ones. Think about it: What (I think) you're asking for is a way to play Diamond and to get the same Pokemon in the next game without transferring. It's kind of impossible....

Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:34 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

well to be honest, I'm sort of the same way in some respects. You've created this character who's gone through all this trouble to catch their pokemon and beat the elite four and everything and then WHAM you take all their hard-trained pokemon away in an hour. I have three suggestions:

1) after you transfer your pokemon over to the new game, restart the old one so that the character who owned the pokemon before no longer exists and therefore can't miss their pokemon. This also gives you a chance to catch and raise different pokemon (a new challenge) or

2) start the game intending to transfer over the pokemon to someone else. Think of the pokemon you catch and raise as "on loan" until the newer versions come out, as if you're doing your future character a huge favour in advance.

3) try to catch or breed two of each pokemon you intend to transfer over so then you can still keep the original. If you have emerald, clone them. This does take MUCH longer (especially breeding), but if you're really attached to the originals, this might be your only option.

Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:02 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I have some measure of understanding as well. My LG game is my "master" game, whereas my FR game was used explicitly to collect everything (next starter, next dog, another set of birds and Mewtwo, TMs, etc.), at which point it was started over to get more.

I named the trainers after a series of NPCs in an RP I once ran for a group of friends a long time ago, so it didn't matter much that the LG trainer was getting everyone else's pokemon, as it was like a caretaking measure. I hated having to wipe out one FR trainer to make room for another, though. I made sure to flag the critters used for the first hall of fame for each trainer, so at least I'd remember the effort and shining perseverance every time I saw the team. :P

I'm gonna feel really lousy when I get D/P and start palparking all the critters off LG. Poor LGNida's gonna have no friends.

Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:52 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

Just pokesav the trainer in the new game to have the same ID. Pokesav!
8-)

Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:05 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Post =]
They are all wonderful suggestions, thank you to those who dont just tell me im stupid. And I WOULD do the Pokesav thing if I

A:had one
B:knew what it was

It would feel sorta like cheating though..

Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:10 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: Please do not email me since I never check my email! Pm me instead please! You have been warned....
Mikey wrote:
They are all wonderful suggestions, thank you to those who dont just tell me im stupid.

I don't think you're stupid, I perfectly understand being attached to your Pokemon. Sorry if it sounded like I was insulting you....:(

But I agree with Lightning's first suggestion, it makes sense.

Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:25 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

But I agree with Lightning's first suggestion, it makes sense.[/quote]

I guess you would have to be me to understand :|

A lot of other people who love Pokemon wish they would stop continuing it also. I don't know their reasons, im just saying.

Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:59 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

It helps to have a dissociative identity disorder. :P

Yeah, I'd love to be able to carry the trainer ID across multiple games. Perhaps now that there's so much connectivity with WiFi and the Wii's broadband port, Nintendo will be thinking in those terms, too.

Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:57 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

It sounds good to me.

OK so in the new game name your guy the same as the last game, and think of his new outfit and ID number as a consequence of renewing his Pokemon Trainer's License and advancing to the next level.

Simple, eh?

Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:03 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

But then you have the cognitive dissonance issue of his pokemon all treating him like a noob trainer (until he beats the final gym, anyway). Plus, he doesn't start with his original crew; he has to advance to the point that he can trade.

Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:15 am
well to be honest, I'm sort of the same way in some respects. You've created this character who's gone through all this trouble to catch their pokemon and beat the elite four and everything and then WHAM you take all their hard-trained pokemon away in an hour. I have three suggestions:

1) after you transfer your pokemon over to the new game, restart the old one so that the character who owned the pokemon before no longer exists and therefore can't miss their pokemon. This also gives you a chance to catch and raise different pokemon (a new challenge) or

2) start the game intending to transfer over the pokemon to someone else. Think of the pokemon you catch and raise as "on loan" until the newer versions come out, as if you're doing your future character a huge favour in advance.

3) try to catch or breed two of each pokemon you intend to transfer over so then you can still keep the original. If you have emerald, clone them. This does take MUCH longer (especially breeding), but if you're really attached to the originals, this might be your only option.

well i had the same problem i mean it even says the pokemon dosnt liek you much and as to this post i wuz attached to all my trainers too so i have games with 1 pokemon on them because i didnt wana give up my trainer but i got over it and just tried to make all my pokemon like me again

Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:56 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

wow, im like that too. i geuss a lot of people get attatched to just a few pixles. shows how sad our lives are but hey, thats how we live and the world can deal with it. i never thought of the ingame thrainner getting atatched to the pokemon since its just more lifeless pixels but i do try my best to keep the same set of pokemon when ever possible, my torchic is the same one started sapphire with for the first time. when i do have to say that final good bye to my pokemon the very next one i get is forced to take on the last ones role, i get it as alike as possible to the old one, same moves and gender being the most importaint criteria that i use to trick my self into thinking its the same pokemon as before.

Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]