It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Treeckoluv's review house. 2 review to date. 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: In your kitchen, holding a knife. And it's not for the vegetables...
The Legend of Zelda: Twillight Princess 9.8/10
The lastest installment in the Legend of Zelda franchise, Twillight Princess, which was long awated by fans and came out along with the Wii system, is arguably one of the best, or the best, Zelda game so far. Wether it is better than The Ocarina of time is not for me to judge. Personly, I'd say they are the same. In the Nintendo power best selling charts, it was able to keep 1st place until Wario Ware smooth moves came out, which was predictable as Twillight Princess was a Hard-core game and smooth moves was an entry for everyone, even ones who never played video games before. Twillight Princess has lush enviroments, detailed enemies and superb graphics. The battles eem more naturel, too. Now you shake the wii remote to slice and dice your enemies, while 7 hidden skill that grant you knew attacks such as the back slice, preformed by targeting an enemy and jumping sideway with the A button, causing you to roll around the enemy and hit them in the back. The sound track is also awesome. Twillight Princess includes remixes of classic Zelda tunes, along with new ones that sound oh-so sweet. The game's 8 dungeons, (this includes the final one) bring depth to the series. The main concept of the dungeon is still the same. You battle a mini-boss to obtain an item. You use a big key to get into the boss's lair and use the new item to defeat the boss. Although it's a good thing that it hasn't changed. Myself, I'd say the dungeons are very good. I can't call them better than the Ocarina of time's. Also, it contains many familiar items, such as the gale boomerang and the clawshot (or hookshot in the Ocarina of time, they function the same way), but new items such as the spinner and the ball and chain, along with another clawshot. Yes, another clawshot. But how they will function together is for you to find out if you haven't already bought the game. The new Twillight realm is arguably one of the best features. The mysterious Midna will aid you on your quest. In this installment, Link can actually Transform into a wolf, although at first the transformations are when you enter the Twillight realm, you will later get the abbility to transform at will. One weakness is one of the boss battles, it all together seems to short and easy. But the dungeon it's in is one of the best, with a creative twist (sorry, no temples flipping upside down like in Majora's mask).I was also surprised at the veritie of enemies, some unique to a certain dungeon. And for longtime fans, some of the enemies make returnes, such as Deku baba and Iron kunckles, but some have been reamagined. Also, the bonds it shares with The Ocarina of Time will send a shiver through your spine. I'm not going to spoil the entire story, but I strongly recomend you get this title if you do not have it yet.

Also, many of you are thinking "why don't you put this on Nsider?" Well, it's because I want our comunity to get a taste of reviews. For those of you who like this review, expect me to make more if I see I game that as my interest.

Last edited by Treeckoluv on Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:16 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

When reviewing a game, you should probably consider these:

-Spell check.
-Paragraphs.
-Keep opinions to a minimum, since you're reviewing the content, not saying "oh man i think this game is awesome." It should be a rare thing to use words like "I" or "we" or "myself" in a review.
-There is a space after punctuation.
-Don't start a sentence with "and."
-Use capitalization when necessary, otherwise don't capitalize letters at the beginning of words.

If you're going to write another review, I hope it's much better than this one. It doesn't seem somewhat professional in the least, and I don't think I'd allow another topic for your next reviews if they're not half way decent. Good try though.

Oh, and the Zelda series is probably some of the worst RPGs I've ever played. Never played TP though, thankfully.

Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:36 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

When reviewing a game, you should probably consider these:

-Spell check.
-Paragraphs.
-Keep opinions to a minimum, since you're reviewing the content, not saying "oh man i think this game is awesome." It should be a rare thing to use words like "I" or "we" or "myself" in a review.
-There is a space after punctuation.
-Don't start a sentence with "and."
-Use capitalization when necessary, otherwise don't capitalize letters at the beginning of words.

If you're going to write another review, I hope it's much better than this one. It doesn't seem somewhat professional in the least, and I don't think I'd allow another topic for your next reviews if they're not half way decent. Good try though.

Oh, and the Zelda series is probably some of the worst RPGs I've ever played. Never played TP though, thankfully.

Thanks for the tips. Maybe writting it word couls solve the spelling errors, or I could just pay more attention in english class :roll: . And what do you mean thankfully? Anyway, everyone has their different opinion, (even though it was the best Wii game at launch) and since this was my first one, I wouldn't ever be able to make it proffesionnal. The game was actually exelant, it was very hard to pin-point downsides. But if I searched a bit harder, I could probably find more. And I have a looooong list of games I want to review. I should just cram them all in this topic. But, once again, I strongly appreciate the tips. And for the capilization, if it's the name of a game or person, you're suposed to use capilization unless I'm mistaken.

Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:55 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: I'm stuck somewhere... Not quite sure where that is though.
I don't have a Wii so I had to play it on the Gamecube and it was really good. :)

Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:29 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Don't start a sentence with "but" either. Follow Krisp's tips and you could really
start doing great reviews. :)

Krisp wrote:

That's because Zelda isn't an "RPG", but opinions make the world go 'round!

Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:39 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

You have obviously never have played a Zelda game have you? Especially seeing as it IS NOT an RPG. I have the Wii version of the game and it is an amazing game. Twilight Princess is considered the best Zelda game ever, and even tops Ocarina of Time. I remembered when a guy at Gamestop I believe it was gave the game the infamous 8.8. While other places gave it 9 and 10. Fans went crazy over this.

Treeckoluv a word of advise on your review make sure you space out your paragraphs so that it doesn't look so messy and make sure it is easy to read.

Quote:
If you're going to write another review, I hope it's much better than this one

That I have to agree with but he tried his best, especially for his first review. (Atleast I am guessing)

Quote:
I don't think I'd allow another topic for your next reviews if they're not half way decent.

You don't have to sound rude about that. I would like to see you try and make a review for the most part.

Pokemon Pearl FC:2749 9225 9473

Up for a battle anytime! Just PM me.

Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:40 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

A friendly bit of advice, try to keep the review in as much of the third person as possible. (no "you will enjoy this game", or "you will find an item" - who's to say I will?)

If I may say so, it's a nice start (an okay first review), but you might want to expand more on the subtle points of the game, and try to go more in-depth without spoiling things. For example, saying (paraphrased) "Link goes on a quest to defeat the twilight beasts after they threaten the land of Hyrule" is very bland, but explains the plot of the game.

Also, using the five Ws (who, what, when, where, why (how)) helps to get an outline of a review.

Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:15 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

7.2/10

Finally, the life is restored to the doomed Mario party series. Mario party 8 refreshes the series with motion control. And this is a good thing, many of us couldn't bare to see another GC.
The motion control minigames are what drives this title from the old ones. The minigames, which range from twirling a lasso above your head to grab barrels to a retro shooter in which you invade a haunted house, are tons of fun. Some of them even have infinent replay value.
The boards are also as interactive as ever. New types of spaces, creative boards with a goal never before seen. But for those of you who prefer the regular boards, MP8 includes the classic rush-to-get-the-star-on-board that started in the original. If you land on a DK space, DK will appear. He usually gives a free star and other helpful events. But you have to pay a price: all DK spaces will turn into Bowser spaces, and he does the exact opposite. Also, two new unlockable characters appear, along with all your favorites.
The Extra zone includes minigames that your Miis can play, a very nice extra. You can also get Carnival Cards, which you use to buy extras. Once you have some figures, you can watch them in a parade. If you press A on them when they come by, something special will happen.
But everything that goes up must come down, including MP8. The character that tells the status and tells you about the game is somewhat childish, and belongs in a eC rated game. Also, there is only a total of 6 boards, which will disappoint fans who expect some more classic boards. Some of the minigames are just to plain, once you play it once, you'll never want to play it again.
But even with those downsides, MP8 still delivers a great game and fans will go crazy about it.

Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:17 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

That is much better, it's nice, clean, and professional. Write some more! :D

Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]