It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Hm, which one... 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yeah, so I figure that I'll go do the Mt. Battle vs 100 on XD to kill time. What I want to know is which starter to choose at the end. Cyndaquil's out of the question-I already have one.

So, it's either
{totodile} w/Hydro Cannon or
{chikorita} w/Frenzy Plant.

I need one of them to add to my team for the tournament, which consists of

{latios}, lvl 63 w/ Recover, Dragon Claw, Fly, Psychic
{blaziken}, lvl 64 w/Sky Uppercut, Blaze Kick, Hidden Power (electric/steel, forget which), Aerial Ace
{gardevoir}, lvl 71 w/Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Thunderpunch, Psychic
{groudon}, lvl 75 w/Iron Tail, Earthquake, Eruption, Solarbeam (For use with Drought)

I need something that can learn a Dark-type move, and I also need a strong Grass-type...I have a {manectric}, {houndoom} and {walrein} in training just in case.

EDIT: Added Pokemon's moves and levels

Last edited by Gardevoir1313 on Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:36 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

{totodile} as a Phys. Sweeper, because your team seems to have a lot of Spec. Sweepers, and almost all Grass-type Pokemon...aren't very great.

Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:59 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Maybe I should post their moves...I don't think they're all Sp. Sweepers, apart from Gardevoir.

Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:11 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Sorry, but when I see a Pokemon, I judge it by Phys. or Spec. Sweeper, usually.

Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:50 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ah, ok. I'm not so keen on sweepers and the like yet...

Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:05 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well I got all the starters from Colliseum but it doesn't have the special moves. I would choose Totadile, not only because I like water starters, but because it can use icebeam too which is really handy. Just to tell ya majority of my pokemon has icebeam, except for the pokemon that can't learn it, like my poor Jirachi.

I am not sure about the other pokemon to choose, but Groudon DOES have good stats. I just wanna know why you put iron tail though. Maybe you can replace it with fireblast or something. Or you can use latios, and I forgot, but if you can put icebeam on it, replace with fly???? (I remember my latias has icebeam, I think my latios does too.)
Well I'm sorry, but I'm like a icebeam ManIaC!

Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:05 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'm getting rid of Fly right before the tournament. It's just there as a transportation-thing. Iron Tail on Groudon's because most of my other Pokemon can't learn it, and I need a Steel-type move. Fire Blast won't do; it has Eruption.

Okay, then. I'll try out Totodile ^_^ (This's a first-I usually choose Cyndaquil. Gotta love the little firemole ^_^)

EDIT(again): My Latios pulled off four of the six KO's at the final Mt. Battle thing, so I'm keeping him. I love my new Totodile ^_^ He's also got Crunch-I don't need a Dark-type now. All I have to do after this is train the cute little guy (Whom I'm still in the process of picking the absolute perfect nickname for)

Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:58 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Good to hear that you picked Totadile. Just curios, are you entering the Pokemon National tournament or something where you have to do this online quiz to qualify and they give free pokemon at mall? Because I'm entering one too in california (I'm alternate though because I wasnt the first 64 people to do it...) And also, I cant find my sapphire, where my lvl 100s are. I only have my Japanese emerald and leafgreen :( .

Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:40 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yes, I'm going to try and qualify for the tournament. Hopefully, I'll be allowed to go...I still have to talk with my parents. (I live in eastern PA, the tounament's in Pittsburgh and the finals are in New York City I think...)

Signup for here's in May, and the Tounament itself is June 10. I still have approx. 3 months to train... ^_^

Yes, they give free Pokemon in the mall when you get there. You get Celebi, but only one...the other 20 you can get multiples of ^_^

Btw, I plan on using my Ruby version, as it's my only non-sharked game. The Pokemon I'm using are completely legitimate (Blaziken's my starter, Gardevoir's the third Pokemon I caught (Well, Ralts), Latios I found outside of Slateport after visiting the hidden tomb-thing outside Pacifidlog, and Groudon's self-explanatory.)

Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:49 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm entering in Cal, and the tournement is next week. Both Leafgreen and Sapphire is non-sharked, but I bought a used sapphire with alot of stuff, and I think some were sharked (there's a pichu lvl 100, unless he trained it all the way), but I aint gonna use those pokemon. I passed the simple online quiz, but since I'm an alternate I many not be able to play. Unless someone did the quiz like 100 times with fake emails.

If your entering, good luck.

Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]