It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Features Generation V Black and White SHOULD have 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
Oh & for a feature I would like to see...that is an adjustment to the Safari Zone/Great Marsh Game to make it easier cause some pokemon are sometimes just flat out uncatchable no matter what you do & god forbid if it just happens to be Shiny on top of that...

I know right?
I remember back in the day, Tauros and Chansey were THE toughest; Tauros because it was so stubborn and hungry, and Chansey because it would run like Hell.
Even with those, though, it only took a few tries once you got your groove going.
Anymore I give up after so long, because the catch rate on top of the encounter rate? No thank you, not THAT worth it.
However I'm glad {carnivine} is so easy. =)

Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:20 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

And the difficulty in capturing pokemon is why I only have 10 "caught" data in my Platinum.

Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:46 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Lightshayde wrote:
And the difficulty in capturing pokemon is why I only have 10 "caught" data in my Platinum.

I didn't think it was that hard. 0_0

On Topic:
I would suggest:

• Customizable characters (as already stated)

• Customizable pouches for bags (as already stated)

• Added day/night effects (already stated...)

• More side-quests (optional of course)

• Contests should have more purpose (Why else would I want to compete in them?)

• A way to calculate your current EV's ingame. (It's a pain otherwise...)

Just a short list I thought up.

Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:03 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

You should be able to undo the EV's like in Emerald.

Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:27 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

GollyGreg wrote:

On Topic:
I would suggest:

• A way to calculate your current EV's ingame. (It's a pain otherwise...)

Just a short list I thought up.

I want a way to see what Hidden Power you have with its base power or just flat out list what IVs your pokemon has when it's hatched.

Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:32 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Dan Roswald wrote:
You should be able to undo the EV's like in Emerald.

Umm, you can unless your not talking about by feeding them berries...there are certain that do this 10 at a time though...

Spoinkable wrote:
I know right?
I remember back in the day, Tauros and Chansey were THE toughest; Tauros because it was so stubborn and hungry, and Chansey because it would run like Hell.
Even with those, though, it only took a few tries once you got your groove going.
Anymore I give up after so long, because the catch rate on top of the encounter rate? No thank you, not THAT worth it.
However I'm glad {carnivine} is so easy. =)

Well with the Safari Zone it was probably not possible per say but come on creators...you mean to tell me that you can't even have had this done for the Debut of the Great Marsh...I mean it's slightly easier then the Safari Zone but still has that impossible factor in it...& {carnivine} is only easy by chance since by chance it does the same thing as Chansey used to do In RBY & FRLG...that sucks but what I really don't like about it is the options they give you to make catching them ""easier""...okay but why do they "all" make the pokemon odds of running away next turn higher?!...I think it was different in RBY in this regard but I may be wrong...whatever...

I would also like the game though (getting back on topic now...) to have some kind of feature in it that functions like an damage calculator...like...psypokes damage calculator at least...some people need this bad & it would help for it to be one & not just some stupid*** type comparer...there is almost no use for that now...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:55 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

W00T, meh first semi successful thread! Ahem, getting back on topic now. XD

I think that whenever you attack another pokemon it shows you exactly how much damage you did. on second thought, i also wish you knew exactly how much health the opponent has. just like your health bar.

Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:12 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

GollyGreg wrote:
[*]Contests should have more purpose (Why else would I want to compete in them?)

I know, right?
All you get is a stinkin' ribbon.
You know what would be CRAZY... if there were two sub-plots, not just the Gym one.
Like, there are eight gyms AND eight Contest halls, and you can focus on whichever one you want.
And each badge/ribbon for a certain town gives you the same traded level capacity and HM ability.

Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:15 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

lol, yeah, i cant count how many times ive heard this little gem right here.
Spoinkable wrote:
GollyGreg wrote:
[*]Contests should have more purpose (Why else would I want to compete in them?)

I know, right?
You know what would be CRAZY... if there were two sub-plots, not just the Gym one.
Like, there are eight gyms AND eight Contest halls, and you can focus on whichever one you want.
And each badge/ribbon for a certain town gives you the same traded level capacity and HM ability.

Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:19 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Spoinkable wrote:
GollyGreg wrote:

I know, right?

lol I would get so annoyed trying to make decent poffins, berry hunting, and winning the contest.

Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:21 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ryder wrote:
I think that whenever you attack another pokemon it shows you exactly how much damage you did. on second thought, i also wish you knew exactly how much health the opponent has. just like your health bar.

I wish you saw the values, too. It helps much more to be really competitive, as you can calculate as you go. *sigh* If only...

undertaker wrote:
lol I would get so annoyed trying to make decent poffins, berry hunting, and winning the contest.

Me, too! lol That's why I'd go the Gym route. But you know there'd be people who prefer the other.
AND it'd give you more to do endgame. You could be, like, a Pokemon Super-Master.

Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:26 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

lol, the eight contest/gym thingy would be OPTIONAL, you could pick to do the gym challenge, contest challenge, or both. Hopefully.

Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:26 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Since we're on the subject of Contests, I feel they should be conducted more like in the anime. One phase is the attack demonstration phase (the normal "attack" round) and then there's more like a battling tournament type thing. That way you may not have to spend countless hours baking the perfect Poffins or making the best Pokeblocks. You can do okay in the first round and then have the battling part to fall back on.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:30 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Emin Jofit wrote:
Since we're on the subject of Contests, I feel they should be conducted more like in the anime. One phase is the attack demonstration phase (the normal "attack" round) and then there's more like a battling tournament type thing. That way you may not have to spend countless hours baking the perfect Poffins or making the best Pokeblocks. You can do okay in the first round and then have the battling part to fall back on.

What if, during the creative use of attacks round, you got to use the touchscreen?
(I'm just assuming that since this is so soon, they'll use the DS again.)

Not sure how this could possibly be done...but it'd be pretty freakin neat.

Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:32 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Spoinkable wrote:
Emin Jofit wrote:

What if, during the creative use of attacks round, you got to use the touchscreen?
(I'm just assuming that since this is so soon, they'll use the DS again.)

Not sure how this could possibly be done...but it'd be pretty freakin neat.

It would be epic if you could aim your attacks, and move your pokemon to dodge, using the touch screen. But they would have to put some sort of restraints on it that make your pokemon not zoom across the screen or anything like that.

Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:34 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I just posted about this in another Forum, so I'm sorry, I just thought I should put it here instead.

OMG!!!
They should have the other four generations' starters in the wild for once!!!

Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:39 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

To the above post = Yes yes yes...I mean how are they going to keep being able to actually put all of them like they are into the remakes, etc. without eventually needing to do this?...I just don't see them not doing this one at some point...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:09 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I think they need more quality pokemon. Not those terrible filler pokemon that they use to make our lives unbearable.

Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:14 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
To the above post = Yes yes yes...I mean how are they going to keep being able to actually put all of them like they are into the remakes, etc. without eventually needing to do this?...I just don't see them not doing this one at some point...

I know right? The FIRST GAME Oak said he caught them when he was a trainer.
WHERE?!?!

Steel_Eel wrote:
I think they need more quality pokemon. Not those terrible filler pokemon that they use to make our lives unbearable.

{qwilfish} *cough*cough*
I agree. Enough with the novelties, it's time to give us a decent amount to choose between.
I LOVE {stantler} but it's just not good enough to be taken seriously. =(

Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:49 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Spoinkable wrote:
Lawence Codye wrote:

I know right? The FIRST GAME Oak said he caught them when he was a trainer.
WHERE?!?!

He pal parked them from Gamefreaks mind. ^^

Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:05 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

You know what I think Gen V should do?
First off, is should be in a new region, new starters, about 100 or so new Pokemanz, blah blah.
THEN! (here's the twist)
You get to re-battle your way across the country.
Let's say you start in the location of the country between Sinnoh and Kanto, you then get to travel north or south to explore.
When you get to said region, you have to choose one of its starters after introducing yourself to the local Pokemon Prof,
battle through the gyms and Elite Four after starting a new team,
and only after beating that region's champion do you get to travel back to the region(s) you've already dominated,
and only at that point can you reclaim all previously caught Pokemon, as the PC's will be compatible.

Also, the new evil team will be trying to takeover everything, and have five branches you must defeat.
No, six branches, and with the last one you get to use any of the Pokemon you've raised from anywhere.

Rinse and repeat until you've conquered all five regions and saved the continent!

Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:16 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

lol, spoink, i love it! (and the edit that you did makes it even more awesome) ;)

Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:22 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Spoinkable wrote:
You know what I think Gen V should do?
First off, is should be in a new region, new starters, about 100 or so new Pokemanz, blah blah.
THEN! (here's the twist)
You get to re-battle your way across the country.
Let's say you start in the location of the country between Sinnoh and Kanto, you then get to travel north or south to explore.
When you get to said region, you have to choose one of its starters after introducing yourself to the local Pokemon Prof,
battle through the gyms and Elite Four after starting a new team,
and only after beating that region's champion do you get to travel back to the region(s) you've already dominated,
and only at that point can you reclaim all previously caught Pokemon, as the PC's will be compatible.

Also, the new evil team will be trying to takeover everything, and have five branches you must defeat.
No, six branches, and with the last one you get to use any of the Pokemon you've raised from anywhere.

Rinse and repeat until you've conquered all five regions and saved the continent!

I've been hoping they would do something almost simular since the 3rd Gen...this would be too awesome...

Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:42 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

What would be even better?
You get to visit ALL the regions.
Colosseum, Stadium, Battle Revolution.

And it'll be on the Wii.

With customizable characters.

Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:46 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Spoinkable wrote:
What would be even better?
You get to visit ALL the regions.
Colosseum, Stadium, Battle Revolution.

And it'll be on the Wii.

With customizable characters.

I think, unfortunately, that this would result in the ultimate Pokémon game and hence forth would be known as the downfall of the series. But I would love it dearly~

Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:51 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next