It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 New Pokemon Types....Again!? 
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Frost wrote:
Lawence Codye wrote:
Mirror Coat
Reflect
Light Screen
Magic Coat
Barrier
Luster Purge

All light-based moves. All Psychic-type moves. Psychic-type is the closest we're getting to a Light-type.

While I wasn't putting Luster Purge into the equation...I forgot about the rest of those...meh...still, an actual Light Type would be nice...but before that I would perfer alot more if the Types we already have were just fixed cause there are some types that are broken one way & some types that are broken in a whole different way...sad really...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:53 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Arnthorr wrote:
AND it should FINALLY give the underrated Normal type its well-deserved strength somehow. Light could also possibly be weak to Normal. Although, this, however, counteracts the type's status as being... well... NORMAL. But if the type was originally (according to common sense) designed to be neuter, it should have neither strengths nor weaknesses *cough* Fighting *cough*. Puzzling....

I'm not going to discuss the sheer number of Normal-types and how they out-populate everything else, except maybe Water-types.

But I think the Normal lack of strength is made up for in its ... strength.
Look at some of the biggest juggernauts of all 493 Pokemon, and you're bound to encounter more than a few Normal-types.
{slaking} {snorlax} {blissey} {regigigas} {ursaring} {zangoose} {clefable} {togekiss} {ambipom} {tauros}
These are some of the toughest, strongest, most versatile Pokemon in the game.
True, there are some pieces of crap thrown into the type, but I think they've more than balanced it out.

And as far as Dragons being overpowered...
I kind of agree with this, but unless you hack, they're the toughest to raise.
And they've kept them well within their weaknesses, so Ice usually deals 4x damage.
Exceptions:
-Lati@s, legendary so you're practically cheating anyway, as they're all OP
-Dialga/Palkia//Arceus with Draco Plate, also legendary
-Kingdra, stats are relatively bad compared to other Dragons

Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:43 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I say add Light and Sound. As for a ??? type Pokemon, I have an idea: In Greek mythology, the first god was named Chaos. It was a formless, shapeless mass whose appearance could not be described, as there was no light to see it by. A Pokemon could be easily created using this as a concept, or using the concept of prima materia, the alleged base for all matter. It would have to be a legendary from an event, though, since the ??? type has no weaknesses or resistances.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:16 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Void Type:
Characteristic Feature - Extremely rare, only found in the *new* reverse World.
Strong Against: Darkness x 2, Psychic x 2
Weak Against: Normal x 2, Ghost x 2
Immunity to: Ice

Most often Void type will be "powerful" bug pokemon, but there should be a void water, void fire, and void grass type (perhaps a "Void" base pokemon like Eevee that evolve via the stones?).

Virus Type:
Characteristic Feature - Can only be found in "science lab" where they either shrink you down, or enlarge the viruses.
All Virus type have the ability "divide" that allows them a 1 in 100 chance of producing a clone of itself in an empty slot of your team.
"Virus" type is misleading, as it's more a "micro organism" type.
Most Virus types are dual types (poison or dark or elemental types), save one normal/virus type.
Strong Against: Normal
Weak Against: Psychic, Ghost
Immunity to: -
Have immunity to it: Ghost, Rock, Metal

Crystal Type:
Characteristic Feature - rare pokemon type, usually found only by "excavating" (think the digging in the underground mixed with a pokemon ability like rock smash).
Strong Against: "normal attacks"
Weak Against: "Special attacks"
Immunity to: Psychic

Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:08 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well labarith's Virus idea made me think that Virtual would be an OK new type, so {porygon} could fill that in nicely (maybe missingno too yeahhh full jokes actually) and you could have new glitch type styled pokemon but I guess this is treading too much on Digimon field.

I think Cosmic is also a pretty good type to consider too but otherwise Im happy with the current 17 (maybe several tweaks could be done in terms of W/R and balancing that out, such as grass and poison being crap). I always thought that poison would be SE against steel because acids corrode metal but yeah wateva~ Psychic being SE against poison also mystified me Image

Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:16 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Theory Type/Theoretical Type
Weakness: Dragon x2 , Troll x 2
Strength: Psychic x 2, Darkness x 2, Normal x 2
Immunity to: Poison.

Troll type:
Weakness: Dragon x 2, Grass x 2, Water x 2
Strength: Fire x 2, Ice x 2
Immunity to: Psychic

Vapor Type:
Weakness: Flying x 2, Ghost x 2
Strength: Fighting
Immunity to: Water, Fighting

Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:00 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Space/Alien type would be awesome. Deoxys would be one. Or maybe Man-Made type, idk. That would be Porygon. Or actual ???-type pokemon!!!!!!

Image (by Ender)

Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:42 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i do think they should make light types soit would go with the game but i aslo think they should make a shadow type because it would make even more sence because of the black verison. Both types would be super effective to on another. the ??? type should be renamed into shadow ( so curse seems more like an attack worse than dark or ghost ) and psychic would be not very effective with light and dark wouldnt be effective with shadow

life is a bore.. no one can beat me :(

Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:42 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Light type? Let me think... NO

A balance has been struck, adding another type would be like giving a jet plane a dorsal fin. Please just shut up.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:23 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

I don't want any new types, but the current type chart is not even remotely balanced and you're kidding yourself if you think it is.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:33 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Frost wrote:
I don't want any new types, but the current type chart is not even remotely balanced and you're kidding yourself if you think it is.

Yeah...I wanted a Light type come 5th Gen but the problem with this is that there is too many other problems with the type chart to be adding any new types to it...sad but true...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:54 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Quite Frankly, I think pokemon has enough types, but if they could make a type that is immune to confusion that would be VERY acceptable by me!

Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:53 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Honestly it seems to me that any new type would just closely resemble another pre existing one and also, i don't think the inclusion of a new type would really enhance the gaming experience much at all. I am hoping they focus on new ideas elsewhere in the game and just tinker and improve the existing model.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:08 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

perhaps maybe a mechanical type? (mix of steel, psyhic and electric?) with this new type they can expand possibilities for pokemon, i mean, theyre running out of natural things to make into pokemon and have stated making wierd things (i.e. nosepass, whats that all about).

S.h.i.n.y.m.e.w wrote:
i do think they should make light types soit would go with the game but i aslo think they should make a shadow type because it would make even more sence because of the black verison. Both types would be super effective to on another. the ??? type should be renamed into shadow ( so curse seems more like an attack worse than dark or ghost ) and psychic would be not very effective with light and dark wouldnt be effective with shadow

shadow type would not make sense since there is already a dark type

Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:59 am
THE POWER IS ON!

CharizardTamer13 wrote:
i mean, theyre running out of natural things to make into pokemon and have stated making wierd things (i.e. nosepass, whats that all about).

Completely based in the real-world, you're welcome.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:36 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Yes, Nosepass and Probopass are exaggerated moai, statues on Easter Island. Not the most obvious design basis, but still cool.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:55 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Haha, Frost! Nice one!

Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:13 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Who started the talk about Shadow type? That's just silly.
There's already Dark and Ghost, Shadow would just make it too much.
Sure, nine-year-old guys would like it, but that's probably it...

Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:55 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Curse being ??? was a stupid idea.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:37 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Lightshayde wrote:
Curse being ??? was a stupid idea.

It's ??? type because it's the only attack with a different effect depending on the user's type, so it wouldn't make much sense as a Ghost move. And as long as the topic has come up, I think Hidden Power should be ??? type.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:30 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Yes Curse being ??? Type was a very stupid idea when they just could have made it a ghost type move which works differently with non-ghost type pokemon...this which it already does...& no Hidden Power needs to stay a Normal Type move cause basically it can't be ??? Type cause it doesn't change based on the "Pokemon's Type" but rather the "Pokemon's IVs" so...I personally think they should simply get rid of the ??? Type in general but that's definetely off topic...

So...as in my previous post I say no new types again til they fix what's already there...Shadow Type is while not a stupid idea is a useless addition just like my Lava Type idea cause they is a type that is pretty much identical to it but is not due to problems with the Type Chart...same with Mechanical Type...they made Flash Cannon the Steel Type attack so they just can make Steel Type attacks to expand on Steel Type's capabilities...

When I though of light, I though of pokemon like Ampharos, Espeon, Luxray, etc...but I can live without it quite well...

Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:45 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah, those are all stupid ideas.

The only one that might not be would be Mechanical, but it would have to be Virtual or something like that.
However, seeing as how there's only the Porygon family that would fit into either of these categories, no.
(And yeah, there are plenty more that would fit, but they're all dual-type already.)

Wouldn't it be CRAZY if they added Triple-typed Pokemon?

Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:25 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hello, I'm Ajit. I don't know why I joined the forum aside from the fact that I'm a forum vet and oh yeah I've kinda grown up with pokemon since the rby versions.

Anyways I just wanted to say Hello. Oh and just for fun throw out an idea. I think people have been speculating about a "light" type Pokemon, but what do you think of an "ancient" type?

Here are some of the past pokemon that would be part Ancient.

clefable
cloyster
pinsir
omastar - drop rock
kabutops - drop water
natu - drop flying
xatu - drop flying
huntail
cranidos
rampardos

And then in the new version they would introduce several new pokemon that feature ancient as well a couple that are exclusively ancient in type.

I picked the ones above by basically just looking through the old pic-dex and picking out ones that fit well with "ancient". Clefable was an obvious pick because its always been tied to lunar mysteries and the like.

_____

Ancient pokemon are weak to:

Normal
Bug (maybe)

Ancient pokemon are resistant to:

Psychic
Ghost
Dark

Ancient pokemon are immune to:

Dragon

_____

Ancient attacks are super effective against:

Ancient Pokemon (maybe)

Ancient attacks are not very effective against:

Normal Pokemon

_____

Maybe much more detail tomorrow but it's late here and I have school tomorrow. Hmm I'll be thinking about moves.

Maybe like

Fossilize

PP: 10

Accuracy: 100

Power: 85

Description: 10% chance of raising enemy's defense. 10% chance of raising enemy's special defense. 10% chance of paralyzing enemy.

Damage Type: physical

or

Primal Claw

PP: 25

Power: 40

Description: Always attacks first.

Damage Type: physical

or

Surrender

PP: 5

Accuracy: n/a

Power: n/a

Description: Sacrifices remaining HP, lowers enemy's defense, special defense, and speed by 1 stage.

Damage Type: other

or

Bliss

PP: 15

Power: n/a

Description: 60% chance that one stat of the enemy's will lower by 2 stages. Other 40% will restore 1/8 of the opponents health. Only one of these effects will occur.

Damage Type: other

_____

Get my drift? Kinda a "light" theme to the moves (self-sacrifice, bliss) While maintaining an ancient approach as well (primal, fossil)

Aight *YAAAWWWNNN**.. Oh no! I'm gonna fall asleep in the next round.

lol hmm too much pokemon for one day. Goodnight!

Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:17 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

how about the wood type?
and the rubber type?

Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:10 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

MUNCHLAX :) wrote:
how about the wood type?
and the rubber type?

...& no, Grass Type remember? & no, umm, I don't know how that would ever fit in to the game...
for types that are way outside of the box like this, maybe try to embrace them a bit & give us some weakness, resistance ideas...I mean I even gave some for my stupid idea of a Lava Type though I wasn't sure of it...just saying...

Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next