It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 New Pokemon Types....Again!? 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Jynx seems to be all about seduction and Singing was one of her signature moves in the Anime.

Sat May 15, 2010 6:00 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah, I was going off of what Jynx used to be back in the olden days.

Remember Pokemon Snap?
You had to get them to Sing to wake up Articuno.

Sat May 15, 2010 10:58 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Forget all these new types! They should just make Poison suck less. I said this in another thread but I'll say it again: if you want to pwn Grass types, there are 4 better options than Poison. Even if they don't make the type itself better, they could invent some new Poison type Pokemon with ubsurdly high stats so people will use a poison type other than Tentacruel competitively.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sun May 16, 2010 10:51 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

FestusOmega wrote:
Oh, and one more thing!!! Water and Electric should be super-effective against Steel!

Hey, no Electric shouldn't be super effective against Steel!!! there is no logic behind this being the reason I say this!!! plus, electric only has one weakness & a decent amount of resistances including Steel so!!! please no!!!

I think electric should be super effective against steel seeing how electricity travels through steel. Plus for some reason i used to think it WAS super effective against steel.

Mon May 17, 2010 4:50 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Steel should be weak against grass cuz u know, grass maek oxygen which shud like rust metal, common sense plz!!!

=))

But seriously, grass needs tweaking.

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Mon May 17, 2010 6:18 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Quote:

Hey, no Electric shouldn't be super effective against Steel!!! there is no logic behind this being the reason I say this!!! plus, electric only has one weakness & a decent amount of resistances including Steel so!!! please no!!!

I think electric should be super effective against steel seeing how electricity travels through steel.

Make up your mind But I'd tell you electric passes harmlessly through metal so it doesn't do damage.

Quote:
Steel should be weak against grass cuz u know, grass maek oxygen which shud like rust metal, common sense plz!!!

the grass doesn't affect the metal directly so no, not super effective verse steel.

But Grass should lose its weakness to flying, sure birds like wood pecker attack trees but that only to get the bugs that are hurting the tree. All the others make sense
Fire >burns, Ice >frost, posion >herbiside, bug >eatting,

Mon May 17, 2010 7:18 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I don't necessarily support/like all of these ideas, but I'm just throwing some thoughts around.

A Light type seems like the next logical step, following Dark. Just like Dark is to Ghost, Light could be impervious to Psychic and super-effective against it. I also think Light and Dark could be super-effective against each other. Psychic/Light could be a common combination, and Electric/Light.

The four main elements- Water, Air (Flying), Water, and Earth (Rock/Ground)- have been covered, and Steel was added as it is the "5th element" in many cultures. Wood is also viewed in some cultures as a 5th element as well, so maybe a Wood type? Weaknesses against Fire, Bug, Fighting (since Karate-ers often break boards), and super effective against... well I'm not sure what Wood would beat.

Fire is in desperate need of a sub-altering type, in my opinion. Fire/Ground types have become boring. Perhaps a Solar and/or a Lunar type could be implemented to fit into the Space-theme of many Gen IV pokemon. I think a Fire/Solar or a Fire/Lunar Pokemon could work in the form a Comet-based pokemon.

There are also many Pokemon based on Sound, like Jigglypuff, Chatot, and Exploud, so perhaps a Sound type could fit in well.

Other random (and ludicrous) ideas....

Machine
Fossil/Dinosaur
Magic

http://obeliskgfx.wordpress.com

Tue May 18, 2010 2:51 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I don't think light should be supereffective against psychic and immune to it as you say, for that is Dark!

But hey as I've mentioned earlier, Ancient!

ancient would be the "yin and yang, the counter, the opposite, the grass to fire, or dark.

It would take on what many people theorize about "light", but also brings into thought older pokemon, particularly from fossils and ghosts.

Tue May 18, 2010 3:21 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Eon wrote:
A Light type seems like the next logical step, following Dark. Just like Dark is to Ghost, Light could be impervious to Psychic and super-effective against it. I also think Light and Dark could be super-effective against each other. Psychic/Light could be a common combination, and Electric/Light.

Light Type atttacks shouldn't be super effective against Psychic but Ghost also as Dark Type attacks are super effective against both Ghost & Psychic though Light should be immune to Ghost Type attacks seeing as Dark is immune to Psychic Type attacks...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Tue May 18, 2010 3:33 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

/vXv\ wrote:

Quote:

the grass doesn't affect the metal directly so no, not super effective verse steel.

I was being sarcastic.

As for fixing grass, I'm happy with grass losing its weakness to bugs or making the weakness/resistance two-way (many of the grass pokemon do eat bugs in their pokedex info anyway) AND one more buff. That should do.

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Wed May 19, 2010 7:52 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Blaziken_is_Kool wrote:
Quote:
Hi, I'm new here.

How about a Sound type??

I think sound would be a great idea. Maybe Ground and/or Rock types could resist it. seeing as it is hard to hear throught ground.

Also light would be a good idea.
Supereffective: Ghost (never seen a ghost movies in sunlight) Grass (intense light kills plants??) Ice maybe (light melts ice)

light also makes it possible for plants to produce photosynthesis. That produces oxygen for us and glucose for the plant which they use as food.

'Cause I want to be the minority
- Minority by Green Day

Wed May 19, 2010 1:25 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Alright.

Let's use common sense and my current high school education.

Here is a serious and well thought out argument-

Logically it wont work because:

Sound can't be used because every Pokemon makes a sound, therefore there isn't a single reason for it to be unique. If every Pokemon shot fire out of its mouth then there would not be a need for a fire type. Also; there would be screwed up typing in the older Pokemon unless you changed the type of old Pokemon which never has or will be done.

Light is what lets us see and comprehend everything. With that said, light can be created by fire and electricity. If there is a light type then you have to logically explain how its different from those two. Light is a reflection of heat energy that is present in fire and electricity. If you leave a black book out in sun it gets hot. Light isn't a separate element; it's a different view of the same thing as two previous types and cant be separated. Light always has some heat and energy so you can't make it. Also that would screw up old moves like solerbeam.

To all the people who will read that and ask for a energy type I would say that cant work because all life is a conversion of some form of energy. Logistically take away energy from Pokemon or any living creature and they will die. An energy Pokemon would have energy based attacks that are going to mess with life and break the no death policy. The Pokemon with that type would play God. Even ubers can be beaten. This wouldn't be beaten unless you made a anti-matter Pokemon which is Farfetch'd (like the Pokemon) and way to complex for a children game. Electricity is as close to an energy type as we will or should get.

All the other types even dark represent something physical in our world. Pokemon will not stray from that.

Pokemon has done an OUTSTANDING job with its types; pretty much everything living or spiritual or mythical you can think of fits into one of them. There is absolutely no need for changes.

Let the flaming begin.

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Wed May 19, 2010 2:32 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

KingErick wrote:
Sound can't be used because every Pokemon makes a sound, therefore there isn't a single reason for it to be unique.

Let's reverse this argument: Ground can't be used because every non-Flying/non-Levitating Pokemon stands on the ground, and therefore there isn't a single reason for the Ground type to be a unique typing. Or Water can't be used because every Pokemon has a certain amount of water in its body composition, and therefore there isn't a single reason for Water to be unique.

I don't even want new types but there would be an obvious difference between the way a hypothetical Sound-type Pokemon would use sound compared to other, more regular Pokemon. It's like saying that Banshee, Dazzler, Storm and Wolverine would all use sound the same way in the X-Men series, while in reality Storm and Wolverine can't attack with sound even though they and every other humanoid can make it, and Banshee and Dazzler's abilities are completely based AROUND sound.

And I think when people say they want a Light type, they either take the name "Dark" literally, which they shouldn't do because it's not meant to represent absence of light, or metaphorically, meaning that it would represent "Good" in the way that Dark is meant to represent "Evil," which is its Japanese name.

Wed May 19, 2010 2:53 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Frost wrote:
KingErick wrote:
Sound can't be used because every Pokemon makes a sound, therefore there isn't a single reason for it to be unique.

Let's reverse this argument: Ground can't be used because every non-Flying/non-Levitating Pokemon stands on the ground, and therefore there isn't a single reason for the Ground type to be a unique typing. Or Water can't be used because every Pokemon has a certain amount of water in its body composition, and therefore there isn't a single reason for Water to be unique.

If I fly I'm different from an earthworm. If i yell I'm not different from a dog barking. He may be louder but its the same thing.

Ground is a physical separate substance. Pokemon make sounds so it can be an attack but sound its self isn't something that is a separate facet of living beings.

Darkness is clearly different than ground which is clearly different than dragons which is clearly different than water etc.

Sound is common made by everyone.

To give an analogy, its like playing Pokemon fruit edition where you have an apple, banana, and mango type; then some one proposes in the next game a fruit tree type. They all are connected to it and can use it.

The point I'm making is that sound and light are not unique; they are already done or made my the majority of Pokemon.

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Wed May 19, 2010 4:36 pm
The Geek
The Geek

KingErick wrote:
If I fly I'm different from an earthworm. If i yell I'm not different from a dog barking. He may be louder but its the same thing.

Resonance frequencies and sonic weaponry. Look it up. There's a hell of a difference between making sound and using sound as an offensive or defensive force.

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Wed May 19, 2010 5:14 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

KingErick wrote:
Also; there would be screwed up typing in the older Pokemon unless you changed the type of old Pokemon which never has or will be done.

{magnemite} ? {magneton} ?

Jigglypuff wrote:
KingErick wrote:

Resonance frequencies and sonic weaponry. Look it up. There's a hell of a difference between making sound and using sound as an offensive or defensive force.

Indeed. And while not a direct analogy, many pokemon can use air to breathe but how many can use it to attack?

Wed May 19, 2010 8:10 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Sound would require a lot of changes
Moves:
Hyper Vocie
Super sonic
Sonic boom
Howl
Growl
Roar
Uproar
Sing
Chatter
Screech
Metal Sound
Grass Whistle
Snore
Sleep Talk
Thunder(should be called Lightening)
Perish song

Wed May 19, 2010 8:16 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

KingErick wrote:
Also; there would be screwed up typing in the older Pokemon unless you changed the type of old Pokemon which never has or will be done.

as AceTrainer pointed out, obviously this is wrong as

Magnemite and Magneton

both became part steel

Wed May 19, 2010 9:05 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

/vXv\ wrote:
Sound would require a lot of changes
Moves:
Hyper Vocie
Super sonic
Sonic boom
Howl
Growl
Roar
Uproar
Sing
Chatter
Screech
Metal Sound
Grass Whistle
Snore
Sleep Talk
Thunder(should be called Lightening)
Perish song

Confuse Ray(?)
Lucky Chant(?)

Maybe Metal Sound and Grass Whistle could remain as is for the same reasons why Fire Punch is Fire and not fighting, or why Muddy Water is simply water type.

I agree, thunder will have to be called lightning, and make the sound-based move thunder clap, which affects both foes and has a small chance to paralyze (or flinch) a foe.

Sound-based Abilities:
Soundproof (cacophony?) will come in handy. It should still block Metal Sound and Grass Whistle.
Own Tempo for obvious reasons. (not that abilities have classifications, but it's nice to know that sound is really a workable and feasible type).

Amplifier - doubles chances of critical hits for sound moves?
Echolocation - increases accuracy every time a sound move is used? (or make it a variation of keen eye--prevents loss of accuracy?). Consequently, this could also be a move--Sonar (variation of foresight).
Ensemble - Ups Atk two stages when with another pokemon with Ensemble

Sound-based moves:
Thunder Clap (see above)
Sonar (see above)
Dissonance - deals damage and may confuse
Fortissimo - (means very loud) ups Atk and Sp. Atk one stage
Prestissimo - (means very fast) ups Spd two stages
Ad lib - (means to alter) randomly switches the Atk stat with another stat
Treble Shock - has a high critical hit ratio
Crescendo - (means gradually getting stronger) sound type variation of roll-out or perhaps fury cutter

As for typing,

{chatot} could easily lose his normal typing
{bronzong} line could lose their psychic type, since psychic seems to be the default or standard type given to pokemon nintendo want to be powerful outside of the elemental aspect (it is still a bit hard to lose another steel/psychic though, since it will only leave us {metagross} line and {jirachi} ).

Last edited by AceTrainer on Thu May 20, 2010 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 19, 2010 11:21 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

i think a mecha pokemon sounds pretty cool

Thu May 20, 2010 2:37 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

azmeux wrote:
i think a mecha pokemon sounds pretty cool

{magnezone} {metagross}

Mecha pokemon are covered by steel. Furthermore, most pokemon, regardless of the type, are organic. {porygon} , while man-made, is not mechanical, he is virtual.

Last edited by AceTrainer on Thu May 20, 2010 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 20, 2010 3:36 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

still the idea of a pokemon that can shoot lasers and nukes is pretty cool

Thu May 20, 2010 3:42 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

... so you pretty much want a robot pokemon?? lol team rocket has already shown us that that doesn't work too well

Thu May 20, 2010 3:47 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

azmeux wrote:
still the idea of a pokemon that can shoot lasers and nukes is pretty cool

Well we already have a lot of beam-moves. As for nukes, perhaps blast burn and the likes should satisfy you?

Besides, mecha seems to be the territory of digimon.

Thu May 20, 2010 3:50 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

no i want a pokemon like macha godzilla

but you're right

Thu May 20, 2010 3:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next