It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:21 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 434 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 18  Next
 New Evolutions for Old Pokemon 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Frost wrote:
Lightshayde wrote:
Do you think they'll keep that or go back to contests?

Hopefully neither.

Agreed. Aside from finally being able to obtain evolutionary items at a reasonable point in the game, I really saw no other use for the Pokeathlon. Once I got my King's Rock I just bailed. As for contests, unless they decide to change Feebas' evolutionary standards or give him a seperate form in general they're gonna need to keep the contest stats. They were kinda fun in III gen. but IV gen killed it for me...

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000277476380 Let's be friends?

Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:34 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

The Pokeathalon is a good thing in my opinion. And the contests were fun in Gen III, but not in Gen IV. They could probably add more to the Gen IV/V moves in the contest and just.. make them better. And use the Gen III Contest format. Because it wasn't that bad.

~A haiku

I disable smilies because I do not smile.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:27 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I didnt much like the contests in Gen IV either, but i do hope they bring back the Gen III contests. :D

Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:49 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I am IN LOVE with the Pokeathalon! It's like Mario Party, but with Pokemon!!
I probably wouldn't have played it if there weren't such great prizes, though...

Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:13 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

wow. i am amazed at how far off topic we've come. and it wasnt even my fault this time! XD

It would astound me if they made the starters have alternate evolutions. :D never gonna happen, but still........

Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:28 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I don't know if anyone's mention this already but how about a Miltank/Tauros Pre-evo that evolves based on gender and a pre-evo of heracross (because he's aready good the way he is) like a little scarab beetle or something.

Pacific Time Zone (UTC-8) and I work graveyard. So the best time to contact me is 8am-12noon(I might be working outside) or 8pm-9:30pm Mon-Sat.
Pearl - Loki 3180 2509 3375

-I am a Shiny Breeder and can breed one if you PM me.
My Shiny Trading thread:http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=26723

Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:02 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

MallratDogma wrote:
I don't know if anyone's mention this already but how about a Miltank/Tauros Pre-evo that evolves based on gender and a pre-evo of heracross (because he's aready good the way he is) like a little scarab beetle or something.

I really like both of these ideas. That's what I thought they would do when they came out with Miltank. Then Tauros in the same area. But they'd best do this in V. And Heracross needs a Pre-vo. Always has needed one.

~A haiku

I disable smilies because I do not smile.

Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:17 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

yeah, those two ideas, along with a pre evo for kanghaskan and pinsir have all been stated a whole lot. lol. and MOST everyone agrees with the ideas.

Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:48 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I want MissingNo. to have a pre-evo
And I want to be able to use it =D

Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:25 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Far fetched. The guy with the stick.

Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:02 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

The only two Pokemon that I think ABSOLUTELY NEED an evolution (based on appearance) would be Tentacruel and Muk. I hate how both of them look at their final evolution.
Presenting:
TENTATROCIUS!

and

SLUJ!

Yay. I drew both of those in like 5 minutes so I apologize for the obvious lack of detail =P But ooooohhhh those two would be EPIC. Just sayin...
However, I realize that if Muk has a new evolution, than its poison counterpart (Arbok or Weezing, I can't remember) would have to receive a new one too.

Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:08 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Not gonna lie, I'm absolutely in LOVE with your Tentatrocious.

Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:17 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Thanks, I've had that in my head for a long time. =)
The Sluj however I just came up with on the spot, and I didn't bother shading/finishing/touching up. Akjsdhfkshf I hate Muk...

Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:16 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Ryder wrote:
I didnt much like the contests in Gen IV either, but i do hope they bring back the Gen III contests. :D

Noooo...they were way too difficult compared to the 4th Gen Contests' 3rd Round...but anywho...

After suffering with this pokemon in my SS party due to ironically low stats...I now say without further due that I would like to see the pokemon known as...... {lopunny} evolve into something with stats worthy of being on par with other speedy pokemon with good SpDef...it's defenses are not good enough for a pokemon that evolves from another pokemon, period...bah...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:06 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Lawence Codye wrote:
{lopunny} evolve into something with stats worthy of being on par with other speedy pokemon with good SpDef...it's defenses are not good enough for a pokemon that evolves from another pokemon, period...bah...

I hope you meant offensive stats instead of "defenses." Lopunny's defensive stats are not bad at all, and there tons of evolved Pokemon with worse overall survivability than Lopunny's 65/84/96. She's not an armored tank or anything, but she beats a ton of other EVOLVED Pokemon in the defensive department, like Jynx (65/35/95), Alakazam (55/45/85), Froslass (70/70/70), Gengar (60/60/75), Persian (65/60/65), Purugly (71/64/59) and many, many more. If anything, I would expect a Pokemon like Buneary that is used a lot in promotional materials to receive a pre-evolution, rather than for Lopunny to receive an evolution.

Speaking of which, I'd like to say that I don't understand how ANY Pokemon "needs" a pre-evolution at all. Pinsir doesn't "need" one, Heracross doesn't "need" one, Skarmory doesn't "need one"; there are no Pokemon for which I believe a pre-evolution is "needed" because Baby Pokemon are completely worthless.

Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:23 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Frost wrote:
I hope you meant offensive stats instead of "defenses." Lopunny's defensive stats are not bad at all, and there tons of evolved Pokemon with worse overall survivability than Lopunny's 65/84/96. She's not an armored tank or anything, but she beats a ton of other EVOLVED Pokemon in the defensive department, like Jynx (65/35/95), Alakazam (55/45/85), Froslass (70/70/70), Gengar (60/60/75), Persian (65/60/65), Purugly (71/64/59) and many, many more. If anything, I would expect a Pokemon like Buneary that is used a lot in promotional materials to receive a pre-evolution, rather than for Lopunny to receive an evolution.

Speaking of which, I'd like to say that I don't understand how ANY Pokemon "needs" a pre-evolution at all. Pinsir doesn't "need" one, Heracross doesn't "need" one, Skarmory doesn't "need one"; there are no Pokemon for which I believe a pre-evolution is "needed" because Baby Pokemon are completely worthless.

Agreed on the second part &...yes, I actually want to see an Evolution for Lopunny with some increase in stats all around...mainly offense actually...heh...but if they do a Pre-Evolution for Buneary, they must kind of revamp Buneary's stats cause it ain't working out well enough imo...

Oh &...I think you put the { too close to something cause the image of Lopunny does not show, Frost...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:46 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Frost wrote:

Will you marry me?

That being said, I think it'd be awesome for Ariados and Ledian to get evolutions.
Or give us more not-useless Bug-types.

Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:09 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Spoinkable wrote:
That being said, I think it'd be awesome for Ariados and Ledian to get evolutions.

Agreed & where better to start then with Ariados & Ledian...they umm, could be better without being too powerful...

Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:26 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
Spoinkable wrote:

Agreed & where better to start then with Ariados & Ledian...they umm, could be better without being too powerful...

ESPECIALLY because they're version exclusives!
You'd think that since you can only get one in one game and have to go through tons of work to get them both,
they'd be worth the effort.
Like, say, Mantine and Skarmory.
Donphan and Ursaring.
Skuntank and Purugly.
Arcanine and Ninetales.

I'll stop there.

Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:11 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Here are some of my ideas:

Jynx > ??? (some Ice crone)
Dunsparce > Dunsgiga (something serpentine in appearance, like a Gyarados/Milotic)
Corsola > Atolla (corsola with polyps, anemones and a skirt that is composed of wave-like coral deposits, etymology = atoll)
Eevee > Shadeon (ghost eevee whose fur, feet, tail and ears fade into light lavender)
Stantler > ??? (some reindeer, part ice)
Banette > Banequin (a cursed manequin, etymology = bane, bad + manequin, also probably harlequin; this should give dusknoir a run for his money)
Makuhita > ??? (a masked wrestler/luchador, branch evolution)
Primape > Furylla/Rampape (dark/fighting, etymology = fury + gorilla/rampage + ape)

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:50 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I LOVE the idea of Banette evolving into a Mannequin. How creepy!!!

And as far as Dunsparce goes, I've been raising one in Heart Gold and have been thinking about him a lot.
I think he should evolve into a Dragon-type.
Serpentine, and old. Wise.
Those eyes and spikey things on his jaw are just begging for an old, bearded Dragon serpent.

Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:27 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Spoinkable wrote:

ESPECIALLY because they're version exclusives!
You'd think that since you can only get one in one game and have to go through tons of work to get them both,
they'd be worth the effort.
Like, say, Mantine and Skarmory.
Donphan and Ursaring.
Skuntank and Purugly.
Arcanine and Ninetales.

I'll stop there.

You point has been made far before you finished & yes, doing all that just to get 2 pokemon that don't measure up to effort you put in to get them is just...just...so wrong...

Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:54 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Spoinkable wrote:
I LOVE the idea of Banette evolving into a Mannequin. How creepy!!!

And as far as Dunsparce goes, I've been raising one in Heart Gold and have been thinking about him a lot.
I think he should evolve into a Dragon-type.
Serpentine, and old. Wise.
Those eyes and spikey things on his jaw are just begging for an old, bearded Dragon serpent.

Thanks.

And how cool that you mention exactly what I had in mind for Dunsparce!!

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:17 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

AceTrainer wrote:
Thanks.

And how cool that you mention exactly what I had in mind for Dunsparce!!

You're welcome. =) It's a fantabulous idea.
Banette is already pretty creepy, so if they give it an evo
(WHICH THEY'D BETTER)
it should only increase in creepiness...and I can't think of anything creepier than a haunted mannequin.
Seriously, you've given my nightmares horrifying inspiration.

And I'm glad we see Dunsparce in the same way!
It's settled.
GameFreak must do these.
In these ways.

Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:14 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Spoinkable wrote:

You're welcome. =) It's a fantabulous idea.
Banette is already pretty creepy, so if they give it an evo
(WHICH THEY'D BETTER)
it should only increase in creepiness...and I can't think of anything creepier than a haunted mannequin.
Seriously, you've given my nightmares horrifying inspiration.

Banette really needs an evo since Dusclops was given one. Btw, the name was a friend's idea. My original name was supposedly Darnequin. Lame.

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:57 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 434 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 18  Next