It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:50 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 434 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next
 New Evolutions for Old Pokemon 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Zangoose should evolve.
Into a Steel/Normal. With Metal Claws.

Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:15 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I think they should have an evolved form for Absol, Mightena, and Houndoom. They would be some scary and bad ass looking pokemon.

Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:07 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Having cool, and "bada**" Pokemon is not a good enough reason to give a Pokemon an evo. I consider there to be 5 reasons to evolve a Pokemon.

1) Stats are horrible.
2) Moves aren't good enough, movepool made bigger by evolution.
3) Typing could be better and especially to showcase a new feature (ie. Eevee, Swablu, Surskit).
4) Give a Pokemon more usefulness by evolving it.
5) Make a Pokemon slightly more popular by evolution (ie. Scyther)

Beyond those, there are Pokemon that don't need evolution, because they're good enough. Consider every single Pokemon trained up to Lv. 100 (wow!), and go from that. Moves aren't as important, because those won't come off the top of your head probably. But consider if all of the those Pokemon are used correctly, a further evolution is not necessary.

I used to think that Tauros, Lapras, and Pinsir had drawn the short straw as far as "semi-Legendary" Pokemon in Gen 1 especially in the evolution department, being the only three left of that "classification" (maybe Aerodactyl and Kangaskhan) to not have an evo...

None of them need it. Sure, it would be cool, and they would be "bada**", but in the long run, those three are incredibly effective if used correctly anyway.

That being said, I still support the idea of having no Pokemon that don't evolve (EXCEPT for Legendaries, they don't need it). In my opinion, there are Pokemon who need evolution.

Farfetch'd
Girafarig
Dunsparce
Qwilfish
Shuckle
Delibird (not sure how that would happen...)
Pachirisu
Chatot

And even that list is pared down from what I originally thought...

AEPMT :mrgreen: ;) 8-)

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:03 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
AEP: Master Trainer wrote:
Having cool, and "bada**" Pokemon is not a good enough reason to give a Pokemon an evo.

Well this is a thread also for people's opinions on what pokemon they want to see not just what pokemon they say need a evolution...some of mine didn't need a evolution, I just want to see can the specific pokemon get any better looking for some of mine nominees...my point is that I'm sure everyone knows this already...meh...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:44 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Having cool, and "bada**" Pokemon is not a good enough reason to give a Pokemon an evo.

Isn't this essentially what they did with the following:
Magmortar, Scizor, Tangrowth, Slowking / Politoed, Porygon-Z, Hitmontop, Gallade, Dusknoir, Froslass, Magnezone, Blissey, Lickilicky, Bellossom, Rhyperior, and Electivire?
Sure, some of those were to show off new features, but the specific Pokemon they picked to help advertise were much less in need than others.
Either that, or the final evolutions stats didn't make significant enough of an increase to justify its addition.

All I can think of as far as reasoning goes for Any of these is just to make their families more cool,
and/or to expand on ideas creators came up with and really wanted to happen.

Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:32 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Spoinkable wrote:

Magmortar, Scizor, Tangrowth, Slowking / Politoed, Porygon-Z, Hitmontop, Gallade, Dusknoir, Froslass, Magnezone, Blissey, Lickilicky, Bellossom, Rhyperior, and Electivire?
Sure, some of those were to show off new features, but the specific Pokemon they picked to help advertise were much less in need than others.
Either that, or the final evolutions stats didn't make significant enough of an increase to justify its addition.

All I can think of as far as reasoning goes for Any of these is just to make their families more cool,
and/or to expand on ideas creators came up with and really wanted to happen.

Yeah...this too...there was no real reason for some of those...in specific, Bellossom, Gallade, Rhyperior & Hitmontop...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:58 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Spoinkable wrote:

Most of those weren't needed in my opinion. As opposed to new evos of already good Pokemon they should have done new type combos or at least different families. That being said, I think Scizor and Tangrowth were a good move (maybe Hitmontop qualifies as well). Otherwise, most of those extra evos weren't entirely necessary... (Although Gallade is awesome!)

And @ Lawence, I know this is a wish list, but I still frown upon the reasoning that "it looks cooler" to be an evo. Gen IV is one of my least favorites for that. (The new Pokemon are okay, but the evos were a little too much...)

AEPMT :mrgreen: ;)

Writers' Challenge

Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:04 am
Profile YIM WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Most of those weren't needed in my opinion. As opposed to new evos of already good Pokemon they should have done new type combos or at least different families. That being said, I think Scizor and Tangrowth were a good move (maybe Hitmontop qualifies as well). Otherwise, most of those extra evos weren't entirely necessary... (Although Gallade is awesome!)

And @ Lawence, I know this is a wish list, but I still frown upon the reasoning that "it looks cooler" to be an evo. Gen IV is one of my least favorites for that. (The new Pokemon are okay, but the evos were a little too much...)

AEPMT :mrgreen: ;)

Yeah, Gallade is awesome & yeah I from upon that type of reasoning too for creating an evolution...but there is just too many of them to reason with lol...I don't mind the evolutions introduced in Gen IV much though either even if they are unnessary...at least those pokemon families are complete now which gives more focus come Gen V for more New Pokemon families as oppose to a bunch of evolutions to older pokemon...which I can't wait for...

Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:44 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

OMG OMG OMG yes Farfetch'd! Farfetch'd rules! I bet GameFreak can think of a million creative names. Absur'd? ... Actually that's all I can think of. But still! New hold items for it? A signature move? (Let's hear it for Farfecthd Aether) And the new appearences! No leek, but a blade! A six-pack? Heck yeah... maybe I oughta submit my siggy to game freak...

I think I agree with everyone suggestions so far. But, can anyone think of originals, not an evo? I know that isn't the topic, but we could really use a really powerful bug pokemon... yeah, we have Scizor, Heracross, Yanmega, and others, but they're quickly overlooked by things like Garchomp, Dragonite, the starters, and others. There should be one based of the bombardier beetle.

Also, I was playing Spectrobes recently, and this might seem stupid... a tank pokemon?

Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:51 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

octillary is made to look like a tank, Octo + artillary, Its japanese name is Okutank.

For a powerful bug Idea I had a while back Based of computer bugs
/vXv\ wrote:
Trogant
Bug
Motor drive / Volt absorb
Stats out of 6
HP 1 SP 2 AT 2 SA 1 DF 1 SD 1
1 leech life
1 flash
4 tail glow
9 bug bite
16 minimize
25 thunder fang
36 bug buzz
49 charge
64 discharge
evolves at lv 25

Flyrus
Bug / Electric
Stats out of 6
HP 2 SP 3 AT 3 SA 3 DF 2 SD 2
16 thunder fang
25 Charge beam
36 confuse ray
49 bug buzz
64 charge
81 discharge
evolves at lv 49

Spiborg
Bug / Electric
Stats out of 6
HP 4 SP 4 AT 3 SA 6 DF 3 SD 3
1 flash cannon
1 shock wave
36 bug buzz
49 signal beam
64 charge
81 discharge
100 Black out

Black out Electric
PP:10 AT:Other AC:90%
Effect: 50% accuracy of ALL moves of all pokemon in battle in normal wheather for 2 - 5 turns
Sun = 75% AC
Rain = 25% AC (Execpt Thunder still 100%)
Hail = 25% AC (Execpt Blizzard still 100%)
Sand = 25% AC

Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:06 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I LOVE the idea of computer Bugs!!!
So creative! I'd never have thought about Bug/Electric, let alone your ideas.
Bravo!

Hm, you know what I want them to do?
Make Castform more legit by giving him an evolution.
And giving him 'formes' for Sandstorm (Rock) and Fog (Flying?).
(This also ties to my want for a Fog-inducing attack.)

Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:47 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Spoinkable wrote:

I agree... {castform} needs formes for Sandstorm & Fog & whatever other weather elememts they may or may not add via 5th Gen...& do you mean an attack that causes the Fog Weather to occur when used?...that would be neat...& Fog should benefit Ghost Types more then Flying Types but it doesn't benefit any pokemon what so ever...

Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:20 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Lawence Codye wrote:
Spoinkable wrote:

I agree... {castform} needs formes for Sandstorm & Fog & whatever other weather elememts they may or may not add via 5th Gen...& do you mean an attack that causes the Fog Weather to occur when used?...that would be neat...& Fog should benefit Ghost Types more then Flying Types but it doesn't benefit any pokemon what so ever...

I agree. But would it be similar to Wormadam's family?

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

what if they let you use evolutionary stones on castform, that could evolve it permanently into one form or another? or perhaps make a new stone a 'weather stone' and you use that on castform, and depending on where you are it'll evolve into a different form. like, if you use the weather stone on castform at a volcano, you get the fire castform, in the desert, you get a sandstorm castform, in the ocean, you get the water castform, etc.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:21 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

AceTrainer wrote:
I agree. But would it be similar to Wormadam's family?

Castform came first.
Wormadam is similar to Castform.
Ryder wrote:
what if they let you use evolutionary stones on castform, that could evolve it permanently into one form or another? or perhaps make a new stone a 'weather stone' and you use that on castform, and depending on where you are it'll evolve into a different form. like, if you use the weather stone on castform at a volcano, you get the fire castform, in the desert, you get a sandstorm castform, in the ocean, you get the water castform, etc.

Maybe.
K, the more I think about this, my answer is I hope this does not happen.
Castform's whole appeal is you essentially have (as of right now) three different pokemon in one.
And you're not stuck with any of them.
If you have a weather team, Castform could count for three types, and you can choose what he is each and every battle.
My hope for them evolving him is that he'd get better stats and a bit more for his movepool.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:35 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Spoinkable wrote:
K, the more I think about this, my answer is I hope this does not happen.
Castform's whole appeal is you essentially have (as of right now) three different pokemon in one.
And you're not stuck with any of them.
If you have a weather team, Castform could count for three types, and you can choose what he is each and every battle.
My hope for them evolving him is that he'd get better stats and a bit more for his movepool.

Exactly my thoughs on this...there is just no real benefit to having Castform's formes controlled by stones...besides, it's controlled by weather for a reason...not a bad idea though...

Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:24 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
besides, it's controlled by weather for a reason...not a bad idea though...

Agreed on both accounts.
It's interesting to have him evolve from stones, but that's more Eevee's thing.
Giving Castform an evolution and different formes with ALL the weather effects could possibly make him as popular to use as Eeveelutions...
Which I would love =)

Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:32 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Spoinkable wrote:
Agreed on both accounts.
It's interesting to have him evolve from stones, but that's more Eevee's thing.
Giving Castform an evolution and different formes with ALL the weather effects could possibly make him as popular to use as Eeveelutions...
Which I would love =)

This exactly at the end of the day you have to admit is fact...

Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:45 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

{solrock} {lunatone}
{chatot}
{sableye} {mawile}
{luvdisc}
{banette}

Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:06 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Spoinkable wrote:
{solrock} {lunatone}
{chatot}
{sableye} {mawile}
{luvdisc}
{banette}

I agree...all of those need new evolutions, especially Chatot, Sableye, Mawile, Luvdisc & Banette...

Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:08 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

What we need guys, is a Steel/Bug type evolution for Pinsir. That needs to be done. It suits him so well, and he is Scyther's alternate, so...

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Sun May 02, 2010 6:18 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Nahh I'd say Scizor's got it covered for that combo, why not have Kricketune evolve into a Fire Bug?

Sun May 02, 2010 6:35 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

{banette} to have a branched evolution.

A female holding a (new item) Skeleton Key will evolve into a Banshriek.

It looks like a banshee with Banette's mouth unzipped (due to the key). Instead of having only one hair-like ribbon like Banette's, it will have plenty to indicate it being a female. The end of its hair will have locks like that of Banette's tail.

It has high Speed, high Attack and high Special Attack. Its ability will be Shadow Weave, which increases Speed two levels when in dark places or at night (or during Night Fall/Pitch Black as suggested by Ajit(?)).

Signature move will be Shadow Wail, with 60 base damage and has a chance to reduce enemy's Def and Sp. Def.

----

A male holding a (new item) Ghastly Lock will evolve into a Banequin.

It is a haunted manequin, and looks a bit like a harlequin. Its mouth is not just unzipped, it has chains locking it. Instead of having long hair, Banette's spikes will be more prominent, with its single hair ending like that of Banshriek's many locks.

It has high HP, high Defense and high Special Defense. Its ability will be Shadow Guard which increases Defense two levels in dark places or at night (or during Night Fall/Pitch Black).

Signature move will be Shadow Bind, with 60 base damage and may reduce foe's speed by two levels.

----

Take that, {dusknoir} !!

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Sun May 02, 2010 10:17 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Ajit wrote:
Nahh I'd say Scizor's got it covered for that combo, why not have Kricketune evolve into a Fire Bug?

Come to think of it, why isn't {volbeat} a Bug/Fire? Gosh, it looks enough like a firefly... Pinsir doesn't need an evo because it's a great Pokemon. Whereas Volbeat (really Gamefreak?) is a Pokemon that I catch once, throw away later (basically).

Maybe Illumise (if they redid Volbeat, darn) could have an evo similar but a new hybrid. How about a Bug/Psychic? :P

AEPMT :mrgreen: ;) 8-)

Writers' Challenge

Sun May 02, 2010 10:58 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

yeah they are perfectly set up to evolve into a fire bug.

How about Illuminese evolves into a Firefly (bug/fire)

and

Volbeat evolve into a lightning bug (bug/lightning)

That would be pretty cool :)

Sun May 02, 2010 11:11 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 434 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next