It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:28 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1047 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 42  Next
 BW Pre-Release News Thread - FIN! 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

My nicknames:

Aligateur (dark/ground gator)
Chi Chi (mouse thing)
Flowerump (depending on the pink blob's evo)
Bird #5 (no really, I've named them like this since Hoothoot was #2)
Scossa (Italian for "jolt" ... I'm weird like that)
Matryoshka (I looked into the type of doll the monkey's based on, and it reminded me of these Russian ones)
Cogsley

For me, the starters mean nothing in their first forms.
I pass 100% of my judgment based on their final evolutions.
I would have hated Piplup and loved Mudkip, but the opposite happened when I learned of Empoleon's awesomeness and Swampert's mediocrity.

Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:42 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

AnimeFreak_98 wrote:
Savage Hunter wrote:
However, its your choice whether or not to care about it, I just disagree, and believe if they're based off something cool then it makes them that much cooler.

I disagree, if they are based off something cool and they turn out completely crappy people might just hate them more. If they come out completely awesome then most people wouldn't care what they're based off of. Even if they were average, in pokemon people only care about the looks and skill of the pokemon not what they're based off of.

{primeape}

I disagree with that. Say hypothetically you treat everything with such empathy. Women for example, "Oh, I don't care about her personality, I only care about how she looks and if she's good at stuff." See how shallow and self serving that is? Plus, if you don't take into account what the Pokemon come from your missing the whole point and aren't appreciating everything the producers do to make these games. They may take a lame legend and make it a badass pokemon. They can take something and make it a unique Pokemon. I don't believe in caring only about looks and stats. Ever hear the term "games are for FUN?" When did people be so greedy and nitpicky? Can't you just appreciate things for the subtle beauty of it?

Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:01 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Pokemon Sunday have revealed some more battle animations and overworld videos (they are the same as the screenshots, only these are in video form)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpK1pzNuRZQ

I guess you'll all appreciate Gear and Pinkpig now :P They don't seem half bad in these. I still hate overworld though. The sparkly dust over your Pokemon when they inc/decrease stats is OK I guess - I can't read Jap but I think it now tells you what stat modifications have been induced? Anyway so far it hasn't been very "revolutionary" or anything.

There's stuff revealed about how you get Zoruoak too but I dont really care about him :O

Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:37 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

That's pretty cool. I like how the trainer throws the ball now.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:27 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Savage Hunter wrote:
I disagree with that. Say hypothetically you treat everything with such empathy. Women for example, "Oh, I don't care about her personality, I only care about how she looks and if she's good at stuff." See how shallow and self serving that is? Plus, if you don't take into account what the Pokemon come from your missing the whole point and aren't appreciating everything the producers do to make these games. They may take a lame legend and make it a badass pokemon. They can take something and make it a unique Pokemon. I don't believe in caring only about looks and stats. Ever hear the term "games are for FUN?" When did people be so greedy and nitpicky? Can't you just appreciate things for the subtle beauty of it?

Well tbh, this is an RPG game & in a way all that really matters to most people when it comes to characters RPGs is looks, stats & usability, etc...

& yeah, the battle footage of the 7 new pokemon was good enough I guess, just wish I would have saw the Pigeon & Dream Eater pokemon actually attack though...

Ryanh181 wrote:

Me too, better angle that the ball goes through the air at & stuff...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:52 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Ryanh181 wrote:

Yeah, it actually looks like he's throwing the ball now. In the past games he would swing his arm and a pokeball would just shoot out. The overworld reminds me of like, Super Mario DS, because its like everythings got depth, but I liked the 2D look. I don't really like the new overworld look. But seeing as I cant change it theres no point in whining about it.

Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:44 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

whoa. That video was pretty cool. I just can't wait to get this game! Too bad i have to wait almost a year for it. :(

on the nicknames...uhh i guess:
Mun'na- Telena
Shimama- Shoxz
Hihidurama- Hihiheat :)
Meguroko- Croco
Mamepato- Patopigde
Chiraamii- Raamii
Giaru- (Keep) Giaru
And:
Tsutaaja- Taatsuli
Mijumaru- Otti
Pokabu- Pokiglett

Uhh...I say they all suck but i'm just basing the nicknames on their looks and Japanese names. I usually base nicknames on American names like: {pidgey} =Pidge, {treecko} =Tree, {turtwig} =Twig, {charmander} =Char, {bulbasaur} =Bulb, {cyndaquil} =Cinder, {mudkip} =Muddy, {squirtle} =Squirt, {torchic} =Torch(y), and so on and so on...

Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:58 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

wow. that was an awesome video, imo. the desert was so vast looking..... and the weird honey thing (that looked like it was in a gym) seemed interesting as well.
the pink flower thing still looks strange, but whatever.
hey, did anyone else notice how celebi was standing next to the trainer in the zorua event?? but since in other pics there's no pokemon following, idk if it's just something with the event...

Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:16 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

rex09 wrote:
hey, did anyone else notice how celebi was standing next to the trainer in the zorua event?? but since in other pics there's no pokemon following, idk if it's just something with the event...

Actually this got me concerned about weither there would even be the option to have your pokemon follow you as I kind of liked that feature in HGSS...I hope they just have it where you don't always have your front pokemon following you unless you personally want it to or even better, let any pokemon in your party regardless of slot follow you pretty much on command which would be awesome...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:40 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I am hoping for 2 dual type pokemon a Dark/Fighting and a Dark/Psychic.

Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:02 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

How about "Zebramp?"

Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:54 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Kaine wrote:
I am hoping for 2 dual type pokemon a Dark/Fighting and a Dark/Psychic.

Same here, they would make a good contribution to my dark-themed team.

EDIT: Woo, this post made me an 'Ace Trainer' XD

Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:18 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I actually really like the way the desert looks.

Also- the croc thing has my attention.

WHat will i name something with a huge mouth??

Maybe: CrocMouth

:)

I also like the zebra :D

Ill name him Elc.Biscuit

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:02 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

KingErick wrote:
Ill name him Elc.Biscuit

lol

the croc..... i'll call him sandy!!!! or i could call him Uber-Nom. i actually like that last one. :-D

Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:08 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The new issue of Nintendo Dream has been released and tells us about the ability of Zoroak-illusion.
The Pokemon with 'Illusion' will appear to have the name and appearence of the pokemon second in your party. This takes effect when The pokemon with the ability is sent into battle.
e.g:
Party Pokemon-
1:Image
2: {pikachu}
3: {pichu}
4: {bidoof}
5: {starly}
6: {luxray}
Battle- Go! PIKACHU!
When really it's Zoroak that's being sent out.

Last edited by WirelessBrain on Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:23 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Darkrai-follower wrote:
The new issue of Nintendo Dream has been released and tells us about the ability of Zoroak-illusion.
The Pokemon with 'Illusion' will appear to have the name and appearence of the pokemon second in your party. This takes effect when The pokemon with the ability is sent into battle.

i can see where that would be useful in competitive battling. send in zoroark say, when they send in a psychic type, while making sure a fighting type is second in your party. that would be a brilliant set-up, up until they figured it out.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:43 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

rex09 wrote:
i can see where that would be useful in competitive battling. send in zoroark say, when they send in a psychic type, while making sure a fighting type is second in your party. that would be a brilliant set-up, up until they figured it out.

That would be rather funny aswell as useful. I'd also be a bbit gutted if that happened to me D:

Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:53 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Darkrai-follower wrote:

This ability sounds like all Bark & absolutely no Bite to me, really, this is the best they could conjour up for it?...

Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:17 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Lawence Codye wrote:
Darkrai-follower wrote:

This ability sounds like all Bark & absolutely no Bite to me, really, this is the best they could conjour up for it?...

Sometimes all you need is bark. What were you expecting anyways? Its not an offense related ability. Its trickster/mind game ability. Not all abilitys have to give you more defense or immunities or make all of your attacks stronger, sometimes they can be used to mess with peoples heads. I personally like it because it allows for more strategy.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:06 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

IF the magazine article is to believed, it is a useful ability that could legitimately affect the flow of battle in some cases and take away a bit of reliance on type match-ups. Zoroark being sent into battle already with a morphed form and changed name on its HP bar means that the opponent has to debate before picking his or her attack, as he or she wouldn't know if the target is Machamp or Zoroark under the illusion of Machamp before using Psychic.

It has some worth, but the player would have make sure that Zoroark morphs into a Pokemon that isn't weak to Bug or Fighting itself, because at that point the morphed form wouldn't matter anyway. It'd probably be more useful if Zoroark were a different type because Dark's immunity is only Super Effective against two other types, with one of them being very rarely used in serious battles.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:14 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

you know, is there a way for zoroark to turn back into its original form?? it would kinda take the point out of it even having a sprite.... imo, there's gotta be some sort of condition (other than being the only pokemon) to make it turn back into its original form. and does the other trainer see the morph?? or does it come out already morphed?? just some questions that could drastically change the usefulness of the ability, imo.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:09 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Frost wrote:
IF the magazine article is to believed, it is a useful ability that could legitimately affect the flow of battle in some cases and take away a bit of reliance on type match-ups. Zoroark being sent into battle already with a morphed form and changed name on its HP bar means that the opponent has to debate before picking his or her attack, as he or she wouldn't know if the target is Machamp or Zoroark under the illusion of Machamp before using Psychic.

It has some worth, but the player would have make sure that Zoroark morphs into a Pokemon that isn't weak to Bug or Fighting itself, because at that point the morphed form wouldn't matter anyway. It'd probably be more useful if Zoroark were a different type because Dark's immunity is only Super Effective against two other types, with one of them being very rarely used in serious battles.

So I'm assuming the ability would be automatic, and not say on the battle screen, "Zoroark transformed into Machamp!"
I'm thinking that its advantage would be forcing your opponent to guess at what type it is, but instead what role it is on your team, and what moves it has. If someone were to think it were a Shuckle, when it was really a special sweeper, it could REALLY change the battle. And it would most likely
take your opponent a couple turns to figure out if it was a sweeper/tank/baton passer/whatever. I also think that it could do some really awesome shenanigans with STAB pursuit. (Assuming it will learn it.)

Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:51 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

If what Nintendo Dream says about Zorua and Zoroark's illusion is true, then I predict that they will be BANNED from competitive play.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:15 pm
Profile WWW
THE POWER IS ON!

I don't think we have to go THAT far. It seems likely that Illusion would be exclusive to Zoroark (and Zorua, but Little Cup is such an afterthought that only Zoroark would be relevant in the metagame), and so you'd lose a turn TOPS realizing that your opponent is really Zoroark, unless of course it shared a similar type and stat distribution to Zoroark's. ONE turn. There are abilities like Intimidate that force you to switch and cause the same effect.

It's a clever idea because it gives Zoroark one turn of protection until the opponent attacks and realizes why Lucario was just immune to Psychic or why Blissey just took massive damage from Ice Beam. And rex, it's already been confirmed that Zoroark will shed its morphed form under certain circumstances. Most likely its health being low, although I wouldn't rule out it revealing its true form after being hit since you'd know what was up by that point anyway.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:33 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm just saying, it seems a bit like cheating and I imagine that people will start abusing the heck out of it.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:48 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 1047 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 42  Next