It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Titles of the Generation V Games? 

What do you think the Generation V games will be called?
Light and Shadow 61%  61%  [ 28 ]
Jade and Crimson 30%  30%  [ 14 ]
Amethyst and Topaz 9%  9%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 46

Titles of the Generation V Games? 
Lite Four
Lite Four

Luckily, I_X was just trying to crack a joke.

If it were up to me, we'd have Pokemon Purple and Pink Versions, but Nintendo doesn't take my opinion seriously so I guess we won't be having that! I guess I'll just have to settle with Pearl Version, a.k.a. the version that stars the gayest looking Pokemon I have ever seen. (Palkia). Literally.

But seriously, I would assume they're going to try something with Light and Darkness. I only assume this because of Phantom Ruler Z, but movies have never really influenced the games so probably not.

Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:59 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Krisp wrote:

If it were up to me, we'd have Pokemon Purple and Pink Versions, but Nintendo doesn't take my opinion seriously so I guess we won't be having that! I guess I'll just have to settle with Pearl Version, a.k.a. the version that stars the gayest looking Pokemon I have ever seen. (Palkia). Literally.

But seriously, I would assume they're going to try something with Light and Darkness. I only assume this because of Phantom Ruler Z, but movies have never really influenced the games so probably not.

lol.

Hahaha, I'm still waiting for pokemon green, orange, purple, copper, pink, white, ect..

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:58 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

KingErick wrote:
Hahaha, I'm still waiting for pokemon green

Welcome to 1996.

Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:32 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

KingErick wrote:
Krisp wrote:

lol.

Hahaha, I'm still waiting for pokemon green, orange, purple, copper, pink, white, ect..

Pokémon Green released before Blue did.

Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:13 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

light n shadow, i think

Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:39 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I think it's gonna be called Pokemon Light and Shadow. It's sounds pretty cool. And, it kinda fits Zorua and Zoroark.

Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:45 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Not only does it fit them, but it also makes a perfect contrast and steers away from the gems. I also vote Light vs. Shadow. :D

Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:48 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

i like the gems/ colors theme

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:51 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

At one point I would have blurted out Copper and Platinum, but that possibility has long since past (as of last year). My thoughts are that they'll likely keep to either gems or priceless stones. If not, perhaps titles based on the planets or even ones from mythology or something completely unexpected. I highly doubt that Nintendo and Game Freak would use such mundane names as Light and Shadow. But I could be wrong...

Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:13 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Copper and Zinc, Iron and Tin, Boron Silicon. Yeah I'm pretty much just reading the periodic table. But to reply to all of you guys, If it were Light and Shadow, what would the third be?

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:35 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Since we already have a Gem/Ore generation. How about a precious stones/gemstones. Maybe something like Jade and Amber? By doing a precious stone/gemstone generation this leaves options for three different game titles.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:59 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I think it should be Peridot, Amethyst, and for the third, Topaz or Garnet. Also, the Amber and Jade thing is a great idea (Jurassic Park FTW!).

Here's a list I have compiled of all possible names:
Pokemon....
- Garnet
- Jade
- Amber
- Amethyst
- Carnelian
- Peridot
- Jet
- Topaz
- Beryl
- Quartz
- Opal
- Copal
- Obsidian
- Palladium
- Rhodium
- Tanzanite
- Tourmaline

The last couple are very unlikely because the game is targeted for kids, and they should be able to pronounce them. But I think these would all be good.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:31 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I like Obsidian. That one's cool. If it were Pokemon Amber, though, I want an Aerodactyl evo. as the Version Mascot. Anyone agree?

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:12 pm
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

Not sure if you guys remember some games that came out a few years ago, called uh...oh yeah, RUBY, SAPPHIRE, and EMERALD. They would be pooling from that same list if they handed out some more gemstones/whatever, which is pretty doubtful. And again, light and shadow seems too abstract and/or too general to fit well with the rest of the naming conventions.

For now, I'll stand by my previous volcanic rock theory (Marble and Obsidian just has a nice ring to it, too).

Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:24 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Serpentsounds wrote:
Not sure if you guys remember some games that came out a few years ago, called uh...oh yeah, RUBY, SAPPHIRE, and EMERALD. They would be pooling from that same list if they handed out some more gemstones/whatever, which is pretty doubtful. And again, light and shadow seems too abstract and/or too general to fit well with the rest of the naming conventions.

For now, I'll stand by my previous volcanic rock theory (Marble and Obsidian just has a nice ring to it, too).

I agree, we don't need more gems. Also because I love both Granite and Obsidian. :D
Just out of curiosity, what would your third name be?

Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:31 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Maybe thay will be

Pokemon Sun, Pokemon Moon, and Pokemon Star ( Pokemon Moon for the 2 new pokemon we just saw since thay are dark type)

But I think Pokemon Light and Shadow work too

Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:49 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Pokemon Caucasoid, Pokemon Negroid, and for the third version Pokemon Mongoloid.

j/k. I don't know. lol

Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:15 pm
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

Dan Roswald wrote:

I agree, we don't need more gems. Also because I love both Granite and Obsidian. :D
Just out of curiosity, what would your third name be?

I'd have to agree with granite for a 3rd game. Most of the other choices just don't sound like game name material. If I saw a commercial introducing the "New Pokemon Basalt/Pumice version," I would probably laugh. However, if we take a look at the first 2 suggestions (marble and obsidian), we see that they are of the rock type metamorphic and igneous (respectively). There are 3 basic types, the other being sedimentary, so it might make sense to have a 3rd use this type (granite, however, is also igneous). A few sedimentary possibilities would be sandstone, limestone, coal, shale, or maybe iron ore. Coal actually sounds pretty good.

Keep in mind that this is all 100% speculation. :P

Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:44 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Serpentsounds wrote:

I'd have to agree with granite for a 3rd game. Most of the other choices just don't sound like game name material. If I saw a commercial introducing the "New Pokemon Basalt/Pumice version," I would probably laugh. However, if we take a look at the first 2 suggestions (marble and obsidian), we see that they are of the rock type metamorphic and igneous (respectively). There are 3 basic types, the other being sedimentary, so it might make sense to have a 3rd use this type (granite, however, is also igneous). A few sedimentary possibilities would be sandstone, limestone, coal, shale, or maybe iron ore. Coal actually sounds pretty good.

I actually like Shale for the third option.

....Granite and Obsidian...and now introducing Shale!...eh...maybe not...

Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:09 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

What about Pokemon Dusk, Dawn, and Day? The 'Daytime' Generation.

Or maybe their using the other Copyrights they got for the Silver/Gold remakes? (Minus the 'Gold' and 'Silver' parts) What were they called again?

Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:06 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Megamaster37 wrote:

Oh god no. Dusk and Dawn maybe, but not day.

Megamaster37 wrote:
Or maybe their using the other Copyrights they got for the Silver/Gold remakes? (Minus the 'Gold' and 'Silver' parts) What were they called again?

Heart Gold and Soul Silver (HGSS)

Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:45 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Megamaster37 wrote:

Pokemon heart, soul, and mind? It wouldn't be bad if they hadn't already used soul and heart in the two remakes.

Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:32 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Dan Roswald wrote:
Megamaster37 wrote:

Oh god no. Dusk and Dawn maybe, but not day.

Megamaster37 wrote:

Heart Gold and Soul Silver (HGSS)
No, not those. There were two titles that people THOUGHT were going to be the remakes, Pokemon copyrighted them (to prevent fake games from being sold) ,and then they used the HG/SS titles.

Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:06 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Pokemon Neon

and

Pokemon Argon.

LET THE NOBLE GAS GENERATION BEGIN!

Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:26 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

and then pokemon xenon, which is a lol for me and ss

I predict Pokemon Carrot and Pokemon Onion.

Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:50 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next