It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:41 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Pokerus as a glitch? 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

OK, this is very weird but my DP team caught the Pokerus on Saturday when I hadn't run into a Pokemon with the virus, or for that matter any wild Pokemon since my last healing. I was battling the trainers in the Pastoria lake restaurant. I didn't notice until it was cured because I had to rush out the door before I got the time to heal, I only discovered it the next day. Thing is, it hadn't even been two days in terms of 48 hours or game midnights. So now I'm pretty frustrated/confused. Only three of my team caught the virus, my scizor, my linoone, and my ursaring. I suppose if it's a glitch my particular game has, it's definitely the one I'd have chosen. Also, before anybody asks, I've never used hacking devices or anything like that on my game. Does anybody think this could happen normally?

Me, my pokemon, and I (Sapphire).

Shinies: All from Diamond.
Alchemy and Byrd, the twin Ponytas.
Hope the Shinx.

Mon May 12, 2008 9:11 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

i think it can happen on any game a friend of mine claims it happened to him but i didn't think it meant much i'll ask him
i'll edit this when i check

Mon May 12, 2008 9:23 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Nope it's not a glitch...you can catch Pokerus anytime I think...consider yourself lucky cos it's a very rare thing...better store those who caught it before they all get cured, cos you won't be able to spread it then. :)

Mon May 12, 2008 9:45 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Sapphirath wrote:
Nope it's not a glitch...you can catch Pokerus anytime I think...consider yourself lucky cos it's a very rare thing...better store those who caught it before they all get cured, cos you won't be able to spread it then. :)

Yeah, that's what I would have done if I had known they had it before I rushed out that day. It was cured when I found out about it :( so I will have to catch it again if I want it on any other Pokemon...I swear my game must have a very evil mind of its own to be able to give me something so rare at the worst possible time. Now I know that I can catch it from trainer Pokemon I'll never stop without healing ever.

Hope the Shinx.

Mon May 12, 2008 9:56 am
I need to shut the **** up

Not the best idea..... :P
I got Pokerus but it kinda died..... :? :?
{chingling}{piplup}Chingling {dragonite}{chingling}

OMG! Ender at the End Shop is AMAZING!!! Visit it now: End Shop!!

Mon May 12, 2008 10:10 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

It's not a good idea to keep battling trainers and getting Nurse Joy to check. She only tells you once, and it would be easier to just look at its stats screen.

Also, if your time was wrong, and it went past midnight in game time, that's probably what happened.

Mon May 19, 2008 11:40 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Uhh... Bad Luck mate,
It's pretty rare however.
Battling Pokemon can mean spreading'
the disease thus the pokemon you Battled must
have had PKRS. Unless it was a Trainer Pkmn,
In which case i'm baffled. :evil:

Nationel Dex:423!!!

Come visit my Forum at http://shadowpokes.eamped.com/

Tue May 20, 2008 1:10 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

That is the worst bad luck. But not as bad a sht etime i killed a shiney when i didn't have a pokeball. :frustrated:

You can get Pokerus anywhere.i haven't got it yet :( but i so want it. hopefully if i keep battling the elite four i'll get it.

http://www.pokecharms.com/trainercards/create2.php

The best trainer card site on the net.

Tue May 20, 2008 3:07 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I don't think you can get it off the elite four. But just keep battling wild Pokemon and you should get it. :)

It's funny, I can't STOP getting it. I got it on Sapphire and didn't know what it was. I restarted and got it again and then I found out what it was. I got it in my Ruby 5 times. I got it in Diamond twice. :P

Also, IMO, chaining is the best way to get Pokerus.

Tue May 20, 2008 4:55 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Quote:
It's not a good idea to keep battling trainers and getting Nurse Joy to check. She only tells you once, and it would be easier to just look at its stats screen.

Good point. I guess I usually just forget to check the status screens. I do both now though.

Quote:
Uhh... Bad Luck mate,
It's pretty rare however.
Battling Pokemon can mean spreading'
the disease thus the pokemon you Battled must
have had PKRS. Unless it was a Trainer Pkmn,
In which case i'm baffled. :evil:

I'd think it would work the same way, especially since more than one of my pokemon caught it.

Quote:
I don't think you can get it off the elite four. But just keep battling wild Pokemon and you should get it. :)

I think you can actually, not perhaps the best way but I've read some posts on other forums I found with Google with quite a few people saying they got it from the Elites. Also since Elites are trainers, if it can be contracted from trainers then that would also make sense.

Hope the Shinx.

Tue May 20, 2008 6:04 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

ShinyHunter07 wrote:
Also, IMO, chaining is the best way to get Pokerus.

The truly easiest way to get it would be to find someone in the wifi trading thread willing to trade you a pokemon with PKRS :)

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Wed May 21, 2008 8:13 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

goldmaster_07 wrote:
That is the worst bad luck. But not as bad a sht etime i killed a shiney when i didn't have a pokeball. :frustrated:

Lol, He didn't have the balls to catch it. It was just too awesome for him. Jk :lol:

Anyway, in Diamond, doesn't the status screen say Pokerus now? Unlike in Ruby and Sapphire, where it was just a dot in some corner? Also, does it appear while you have it, or after it is gone? I have a friend who showed me her Mew, which had Pokerus displayed next to its name. I just wanted to clear things up.

It really sucks when you catch Pokerus, but you don't know about it till after you've finished EV training. It just throws off your entire EV spread.

One time, one of my Pokemon caught Pokerus, I think...I went to heal, and Nurse Joy told me something about Pokerus. I didn't catch all of it, so I don't know if she said she cured it, or it just had one. When I checked my Pokes, I couldn't find anything on them.

Wed May 21, 2008 9:38 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

She says the same thing if it's cured or otherwise. Also, the dot in R/S/E meant it was cured. The PkRs sign was where it would say something like PAR or BRN.

Quote:
The truly easiest way to get it would be to find someone in the wifi trading thread willing to trade you a pokemon with PKRS :)

Bleh, you knew what I meant. :P

As far as I know, what Nurse Joy says is:

Quote:
Your Pokémon may be infected with Pokérus. Little is known about Pokérus at this time except that they are micro-organisms that attach to Pokemon. While infected, Pokemon are said to grow exceptionally (sp?) well.

We hope to see you again!

That's from memory though. It might be a bit off. :/
And when a Pokemon is "cured", they still get the benefits, they just can't spread it; and as far as I know, it can't be spread if there's one of them in the party,

Wed May 21, 2008 12:02 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

ShinyHunter07 wrote:
She says the same thing if it's cured or otherwise. Also, the dot in R/S/E meant it was cured. The PkRs sign was where it would say something like PAR or BRN.

The same holds true in Diamond and Pearl? What about the PkRs sign (Is it in R/S/E)?

Wed May 21, 2008 12:32 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yep, it's in the place where status problems go in R/S/E and I think it's there in D/P too. (Could be wrong.)

Wed May 21, 2008 12:41 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

In PD it is right next to the place where it normally shows status effects. The poke that has it doesn't need to to battle to spread, any poke in your team can do battle. after one or two (usually two) battles, the rus will spread to the two adjacent pokes, then after a couple more battle, it will spread to the one adjacent those two. for the fastest spreading, stagger those that have the rus and those that don't. also, eggs can catch the rus, so when breeding, keep someone contagious nearby.

For ev-training nothing beats the rus/poweritem/statreduce berry combo. (Grow a bunch of hp reduction berries, equip the item that boost the stat of your choice, and kill bidoofs. You get 2 hp, and 8 ev's of your choice each battle, after 5 bidoofs, eat the statberry, and free up the space. )

If anyone wants pokerus, pm me. I will trade for anything, but better trades get priority.
Let me know what poke you want infected, and what you are trading (like i said above, trash pokes are accepted)
I will not give out legends w/o a heck of a good trade in return.
I am looking for fem starters, given enough notice, will include a lucky egg for these
for shinies i will include a lucky egg, or a power item of your choice
for (if anyone is feeling extremely generous), a shiny rayquaza i will give you any 6 contagious pokes, plus all 6 power items)

Wed May 21, 2008 2:15 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Pokerus is fun, about mid-level to 100 my Lopunny caught it, *hugs Lolita the Lopunny*

Newest: Kangaskhan

Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:55 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Meeps gave me a pokemon with pokerus i think it was an ampharos bud idk. I infected most of my pokemon so some still have it. I knew nothing about it until i read the guide on the main site. Then i realize i can use it for EV training. =D

Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:45 pm
Profile YIM
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I got Pokerus from battling a gym leader????????? :?
I went to the Pokecenter before (after crushing the weak gym trainers) and after battling Fantina the 5th gym leader. After, it said my Infernape had Pokerus!!

Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:55 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

rockloud77 wrote:
I got Pokerus from battling a gym leader????????? :?
I went to the Pokecenter before (after crushing the weak gym trainers) and after battling Fantina the 5th gym leader. After, it said my Infernape had Pokerus!!

I knew it! That frontier brain from Emerald DID have a disease that turned him into a woman!

255 is the true devil's number.

typhlosion blaze wrote:
Wait, the guy who made this topic plays runescape? So 3rd grade.

From my "Stupid Insults" thread, where people tell eachother how people insulted them in a hilariously stupid manner, how ironic!

Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:41 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Pokerus is like some fancy way to get better stats. It's a perfectly normal procedure. And it's very beneficial. Also, a year ago, I got a Groudon from Wi-Fi. Since it had Pokerus, I had all of my best Pokemon with me. It was one of the best days of my life!

Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:57 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

CHJB wrote:
I knew it! That frontier brain from Emerald DID have a disease that turned him into a woman!

Um... what? Fantina's from Sinnoh...

Uxie wrote:
Since it had Pokerus, I had all of my best Pokemon with me. It was one of the best days of my life!

Wouldn't your best pokemon already have maxed EVs by the time you'd get a Groudon off the GTS?

EDIT: Nobody saw anything... :|

Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:28 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Endeavour wrote:
CHJB wrote:

Um... what? Fantina's from Sinnoh...

I think CHJB is talking about Dome Ace Tuker...

But on the topic of Pokerus refuses to spread to any of my pokemon on Diamond 'tis very annoying. Mabey that's a glitch on my game...

Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:54 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Assume you have PKRS, what's the best way to spread it to all your pokemon? How long does PKRS last?

Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:10 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Just keep the pokemon with PKRS in your party along with all the pokemon you want it to spread to and it should spread after a few battles.

Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:01 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next