It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 1875 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 75  Next
 Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Q&A [ALL QUESTIONS HERE] 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Rhydon wrote:
1. Weekens water type moves

Lolwut? I think skhoyt is referring to the berry's water absorption value, which determines how frequently the plot must be watered. I don't know the exact formula, so I'm not much help.

(S)ome dumb kids looked at Mewtwo and thought "Hey he can clone things and move objects with his mind and be weak to Ghost attacks, why can't I?" Because it is a freaking game!!! Not something you should actaully practice in real life!!!

Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:31 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

1. Who is the best pokemon to use my Master Ball on?

PS
Guess I phrased my question about LG/FR --> D/P a bit badly

"2. I know you can only trade between Ruby/Sapphire --> Diamond/Pearl after seeing all 150 SinnohDex mons but, is there any requirements that have to be satisfied on Ruby/Sapphire/FR/LG? As I recall you had to have a stone or something for Ruby/Sapphire --> FR/LG trades"

What I mean is, to trade between LG/FR and D/P do I need to meet any requirements on LG/FR apart from getting the Sinnoh Dex?

Note I am NOT talking about:
Trades between FR/LG/RU/SA
How to access Pal Park (I already can access it)

I AM talking about
Requirements on FR/LG/RU/SA to trade TO D/P other than having access to Pal Park on D/P (I already can access it)

Last edited by thetasigma2 on Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:54 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I have no 100% answer with Fire Red/Leaf Green trading to Diamond/Pearl but I'm thinking you still might need Ruby and Sapphire stones in order to trade to D/P. You can try to test it out without the stones or test it out after beating elite four (once not twice).

Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:08 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Alright I know all of you guys hate Bibarel but I have a question about it. Bibarel has Simple as an ability right? it doubles all stats changes so here's my question: If you used Swords Dance and Baton Passed it to a Bibarel, will Bibarel's attack get a 200% boost or will it be just 100%? :)

Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:59 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I'll might find out about Bibarel's simple ability but I definetely going use AR only to test it out with 2 same nature stats ones in different ability. I'll make a time to do test run today to fin out, I like Bibarel by the way (or all pokemon).

I'm going edit this if no one has an answer before me.

Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:33 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

If Bibarel were to use Swords Dance, the modifier for its Attack stat would be +4 instead of the usual +2 Swords Dance usually does

edit: although, it would work better if bibarel actually learned Swords dance :p

Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:26 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

EvilPenguin wrote:
If Bibarel were to use Swords Dance, the modifier for its Attack stat would be +4 instead of the usual +2 Swords Dance usually does

edit: although, it would work better if bibarel actually learned Swords dance :p

I know that my question was whether it works teh same way on Baton Passed stat changes.
:)

Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:21 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Oh, I misread that. :3 I am pretty sure that a B-passed SD would stay at +2

Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:37 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

When is the gender of an egg determined?
Specifically the Riolu egg. I'm hoping to try for a female so I can breed it.

A fast answer is much appreciated as I've kinda got my National dex on hold until I acquire a female Riolu :lol:

Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:27 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

For eggs received at the Daycare, the gender is determined the moment it's obtained.

For eggs obtained from NPCs, however, e.g. Happiny, the gender is determined the moment it's hatched.

Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:56 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

DNA wrote:
For eggs received at the Daycare, the gender is determined the moment it's obtained.

For eggs obtained from NPCs, however, e.g. Happiny, the gender is determined the moment it's hatched.

Aren't daycare eggs gendered and natured when they're created? I thought it was the IVs that got set when you picked up the egg.

(S)ome dumb kids looked at Mewtwo and thought "Hey he can clone things and move objects with his mind and be weak to Ghost attacks, why can't I?" Because it is a freaking game!!! Not something you should actaully practice in real life!!!

Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:27 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I am trying to breed a smeargle with extrasensory, hypnosis and energy ball, for a ninetales of course.
Could someone please tell me where I can sketch these moves Thanks

Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:13 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

From single wild pokemon only:

Energy Ball - Find Lotad on Route 203, 204, 205-North, or 212-South but if it's possible that Lotad can appear Level 43 or higher to sketch Energy Ball. (Must Have Sapphire Inserted Into The DS)

Special Battle - Battle against Lucian's Alakazam and try your best to Sketch Energy Ball from it. Cynthia's Roserade also has Energy Ball. Soft Resetting is required.

Extrasensory - Find Chimecho at Spring Path. Appearance is low but it doesn't required any GBA game slot to see it. Levels are around 52 & 54.

Special Battle - Battle against Cynthia's Roserade and try to Sketch Extrasensory from her. Once again Soft Resetting is required.

Hypnosis - Simply battle a Bronzor at Route 206. Appearance is low but it's worth it.

Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:21 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

SinnohChampion wrote:
I am trying to breed a smeargle with extrasensory, hypnosis and energy ball, for a ninetales of course.
Could someone please tell me where I can sketch these moves Thanks

You couldm also enter a double battle using a smeargle,and a pokémon that now this moves...
(both on your team...duh!)
Smeargle must sketch AFTER the attack you want to clone.
It get's a lot easier when you put
Macho Brace/Random Power item/Full Incense/Lagging Tail on Smeargle...
These attacks aren't hard to find...

Now my question...
Where i can find the Draco Plate and the Flying Type plate...
OUTSIDE the underground....???

http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushin22
Watch,Comment,Rate and Enjoy! ^_^x

*Currently BUSY with real life,so i might take a while to respond messages or RMTs... Sorry,I might be back someday...*

Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:04 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Draco Plate - Behind Eterna Statue (Eterna City)
Sky Plate - Bottom of the Waterfall at Pokemon League

Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:11 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Okay, I'm trying to get the black trainer card, and I currently have silver card.

All I have left to do is get master in all contests, and beat 100 trainers in the battle tower.

2 questions: Do you have to beat 100 trainers in wifi, link, or just regular, does it matter which one? Also, do you have any recommendations for pokemon and their moves for when I do the contests?

92% of all competitive battlers think that Skarm, Bliss, and a good 'Chomp is all you need to own things. If you're in the 8% who value creative thinking and originality with your teams, put this in you signature.

Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:01 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I believe you must complete a 100 consecutive wins on a regular single battles (the lady in the middle of the BT). I'm pretty sure on this because battling Tower Tycoon leader means you can receive a new Trainer Card after exceeding to 100 wins.

Last edited by Rhapsody on Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

black text on dark blue background=no.

Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:57 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Do you have to get all 8 badges to transfer from RSE to PD or do you have to beat e4 as well?

Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:38 pm
Profile YIM
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

You have to complete the game (beating th Elite 4). Afterwards You need to go to Prof. Rowan Lab where Prof. Oak should come and give you Poke Radar and tells you to head to Route 221.

All in all, you get to trade R/S/E once you beaten the Elite 4.

Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:35 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Medichamrulez wrote:
Also, do you have any recommendations for pokemon and their moves for when I do the contests?

Hack. I am dead serious here. If you've ever played the Crystal/RSE/FRLG battle towers (and DP, but not as bad) you will know how filled with haxx they are. Well, the Master Rank Super Contests are worse. For one thing, you need to have PERFECT condition AND all the right accessories for the theme (which is random, if you haven't noticed) to even score in the range of the other 3 contestants. Then the others get Excellent on just about every dance move. And its nearly impossible to win a voltage peak in the Appeal round. As such, some tips

- In the dress-up, dont worry about where the accessories are placed, location doesn't matter, just that they get on

- For dancing, dont even THINK of trying until you can consistently get Excellent on every move in Ultra contests

- Finally, for Move Appeal, I like to have a set with a move that is +2 if its the first appeal, a move that is +2 if it is the last appeal, a move that is a basic appeal (3 hearts), and a move tthat doubles the next turn's score.

- Above all, you need LOTS of luck. Sorry if I've scared you :p

Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:29 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I dont know if there is some easy answer to this or if it has been asked already, but here goes... I was online today and a guy who was helping me with IV battles showed me a collection of eggs that he had. One of them had a different pattern of spots than the others. Excited, we waited until the egg was hatched, thinking that maybe it was a shiny. Bad luck, it wasn't. We then tested a theory that the spots were related to gender, then again with relation to ability. Still no joy. Does anyone know what the difference in spots on the eggs means? I'm only getting one type of spot pattern with all of my eggs, so I'm not surely if it is completely random or not.

Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:36 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hitmontop's ability - 'Technician' - plus' 50% base power of base power moves of 60 or under, say I used Revenge and recieved damage, would it have 120 or 180 base power?

Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:13 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i dont understand how IVs work...i put a rhyhorn (lvl 1 relaxed)
and it said that its possible def DVs are 10-31; what exactly does that mean?

Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:38 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

It means that your IV for defense is either from 10 to 31. you have 22 possibilities of guessing what is your real IV in Rhyhorn's defense.

If you want to check what is your defense without messing up while you raise Rhyhorn, I usually would fight high level pokemon (none that is EV defense related) and keep inputting the level Rhyhorn is on now.

Remember to save before doing that method I posted above this.

Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:28 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Alright, heres a potentially dumb question.

Is it still possible to EV train Lvl 100 pokes in Pearl/Diamond? You know the old: send them to the PC and take them out and they're stats go up method. Tedious, but the only way to get it done...

I was traded a level 100 Mewtwo and it happened to not be EV trained at all. So I've been trying the old method from RSE, but it doesn't work for me anymore in PD. Did they change how the PC doesn't check the stats every time in the new generation?

I'm gonna be totally bummed if thats the case... Thanks for the help.

Look for my trade list on the bottom of page 3 in: The New WiFi Trading Thread

SNAKE!'s friend code: 3007 4761 1123
AIM: RyanJMiller2

Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1875 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 75  Next