yes 17%  17%  [ 2 ]
maybe 25%  25%  [ 3 ]
i dont care if i lose or win 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
mmmmmh donuts 50%  50%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 12

why do we lose at the battlefrontier 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

there is a reason for why we lose at the battlefrontier even if we always have won and never lost the reason for that we lose is because it isnt like againts the elite 4 where we are allowed to have stronger Pokemon in the battle we are only allowed to fight against Pokemon compared to the level we are and there not lucky or something since they win its called skills, stats and item holding understand it?

Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:56 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Actually, I think I ( and maybe all of us?) lose on the BF due to mere stupidity, or lack of attention. There's no way of considering the Frontier pokemon good , they're no more than average. Checking a list of all of the 882 Frontier pokemon shall prove this; their movesets, nature and/or EV spread are horrible. Ah, we might also lose when we're tired and then comes an annoying poke to mess up your win streak. Anyway, the Frontier beats us not on skill, but on luck and/or opportunity.

Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:21 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

The reason we lose at the Battle Frontier is that if it was easy enough that we could always win, it wouldn't be worth playing; like the Elite 4, if you work hard enough beforehand, they're a piece of cake, and eventually the only reason for fighting them becomes to level up your pokemon. The Battle Frontier is actually challenging, which is a great thing to have in a game; it increases replay value.

Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:54 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

hmmm i guess youre right but they dont cheat at the battlefrontier like everyone else is thinking and it is not luck it just happens

Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:04 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

The only times I lose are due to poor planing(teams),carelessness, luck, or the move trick(I'll be using bulk up and along came trixter to mess me up in the Battle Arena). So yeah.

Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:31 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I lose either because of luck (Sheer Cold twice in a row!) or because my 3 pokemon team didn't completely counter all of the possible opponents. (After I fixed that, I killed by Sheer Cold at 103)

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:50 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

i loose either by:

1. selecting the wrong move

2. bad luck

i know i said it is not because of luck but what i mean with it is they are stronger than me and finnish me off

Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:44 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

i dont completely agree that the pokemon are bad. a lot of them have bad movesets, like physical sweeping latias, or special sweeping tauros!! :lol: :lol: but ive noticed a lot of them have perfect IVs in HP (you notice these things when for example 4 seismic tosses from blissey doesnt quite KO a tyranitar). so it makes me wonder what their IVs are like in other stats - i once got killed by a marowak which must have been jolly with pretty close to max speed IVs.

but i think the thing that kills us, and we often mistake for luck, is probability. what i mean is this: if i had a battle with you and killed you by using OHKO moves which all just seemed to hit, you would be right to say i was lucky. but if we had 10 battles, and the OHKO moves all hit on the 10th battle, it would just be that the law of averages were asserting themselves. the problem with trying to get a 100 win streak is that somewhere along the way (usually a few times) you ARE going to come up against some really "bad luck". and you somehow either need (i) a team which can stand up to it, or (ii) a bit of luck yourself.

but my latest streak (101 in the pearl battle tower) was ended by my own complacency. i was just feeling too happy about getting through 100 battles and earning the trophy. i had killed the first two pokes and hadnt lost any of mine and they sent out a slowking. i didnt realise it had nasty plot. so my suicune used rest (it had already used up its chesto berry), and the opponent used nasty plot. at this point i definitely should have switched my blissey in, but i just left it there. two more nasty plots and a few critical hits to go with constant confusion (from swagger) and i was gone. so there was a lot of "bad luck" involved, but i would have been able to win it if i made the correct decisions.

Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:59 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Cuddles wrote:
i dont completely agree that the pokemon are bad. a lot of them have bad movesets, like physical sweeping latias, or special sweeping tauros!! :lol: :lol: but ive noticed a lot of them have perfect IVs in HP (you notice these things when for example 4 seismic tosses from blissey doesnt quite KO a tyranitar). so it makes me wonder what their IVs are like in other stats - i once got killed by a marowak which must have been jolly with pretty close to max speed IVs.

but i think the thing that kills us, and we often mistake for luck, is probability. what i mean is this: if i had a battle with you and killed you by using OHKO moves which all just seemed to hit, you would be right to say i was lucky. but if we had 10 battles, and the OHKO moves all hit on the 10th battle, it would just be that the law of averages were asserting themselves. the problem with trying to get a 100 win streak is that somewhere along the way (usually a few times) you ARE going to
come up against some really "bad luck". and you somehow either need (i) a team which can stand up to it, or (ii) a bit of luck yourself.

but my latest streak (101 in the pearl battle tower) was ended by my own complacency. i was just feeling too happy about getting through 100 battles and earning the trophy. i had killed the first two pokes and hadnt lost any of mine and they sent out a slowking. i didnt realise it had nasty plot. so my suicune used rest (it had already used up its chesto berry), and the opponent used nasty plot. at this point i definitely should have switched my blissey in, but i just left it there. two more nasty plots and a few critical hits to go with constant confusion (from swagger) and i was gone. so there was a lot of "bad luck" involved, but i would have been able to win it if i made the correct decisions.

hmmm perhaps but none would be that kind of lucky to hit with a OHKO all the time everytime

Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]