It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 1:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 The Legendary Dogs 
Lite Four
Lite Four

Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:49 am
Sorry to be a bit off topic, but hasn't this question been answered? I mean there are 4 pages so I think this is pretty much ok to lock. Sorry sN0w or any other mods. Don't mean to tell you how to do your job.

Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:41 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Ah, not really. This topic is being used in a slightly different way. Since it was created, there have been numerous questions asked about the Legendary Dogs from time to time. As such, this topic is used as an unofficial discussion thread for discussing about the Legendary Dogs, whether it is regarding how best to use the Dogs in battle, or for methods to track and catch them.

Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:55 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I would use Mean Look on them.. Although they will use Roar but there is still a slight chance of getting them before that happens..

Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:30 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Run around like an idiot until you find it. Carry around something with mean look. Also a false swiper. Ultra/timer balls are good.

Mine is an add-on to that, after you find him once.

Do what he said, until you find it for a first time, then use your pokedex to track him down. Once you get there use a repel, but make sure your lead pokemon isnt higher than he is. Use sweet scent and he should attack. Then Mean Look, False Swipe, Paralayze / Put to Sleep, and throw balls like mad!!!

Hope I helped

Image Image Image

Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:33 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Benjamin wrote:
Run around like an idiot until you find it. Carry around something with mean look. Also a false swiper. Ultra/timer balls are good.

Mine is an add-on to that, after you find him once.

Do what he said, until you find it for a first time, then use your pokedex to track him down. Once you get there use a repel, but make sure your lead pokemon isnt higher than he is. Use sweet scent and he should attack. Then Mean Look, False Swipe, Paralayze / Put to Sleep, and throw balls like mad!!!

Hope I helped

But if you have all of that why not just catch him the first time? I mean, if you're ready to catch the lati@s when you see it, then it's unnecessary not to.

Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:36 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Well, even after u used Sweet Scent, the attack after it might just be Roar.. So probably Mean Look wouldn work yet..

Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:38 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'd say train a jumpluff up its speed stats is very good and it learns sleep powder this way he cant run away then use Giga drain if suicune or another grass move then launch your Ultra/Heavy till hes caught
Alos i found on gold and silver reducing his attack stats will make an easier catch along with reducing def

Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:26 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

When I used to had my FireRed I was outside that city with Lt. Surge (The route between there and Saffron) And I was surfing on that little area of water than a {raikou} appeared... I just caught it just there... That truly is a story to tell... A story to tell...

Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:01 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Not about FR/LG but about the beasts- I really enjoyed looking for the three beasts on my Silver. Finding them was such a challenge. I did eventually catch them all, but finding them was really fun ^^

Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:46 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I reccomend having a pokemon with Mean Look or a Diglett (With the abillity Arena Trap) and then using a pokemon like a level 100 Sceptile from R/S/E and have it know False Swipe. Use False Swipe like maybe 100 times and use 1 timer ball. It works.

Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:42 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I hate finding the legendary dogs in every game

Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:00 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

They are hard to find I was once traing a few pokemon and I come across Raikou. just to find them is hard :mad:

Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:36 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Stupid Suicune! I ran into it three or four times when I wasn't ready and it ran off. But when I am ready and tring to follow it on the pokedex I never get it.

Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:45 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

shortmastr54880 wrote:
I reccomend having a pokemon with Mean Look or a Diglett (With the abillity Arena Trap) and then using a pokemon like a level 100 Sceptile from R/S/E and have it know False Swipe. Use False Swipe like maybe 100 times and use 1 timer ball. It works.

But wouldn't the level 100 Sceptile get it down to 1 HP rather quickly? We're not talking about a level 100 Sucune/Entei/Raikou here. :roll:

Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:54 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

use sweet scent which draws pokemon in and use max repels
repels do not effect legendarys
use what everyone else said and you should be good

Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:21 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

can you find them in caves or mansions? i think no right(because i wasn't sure if yes or no)

which is the best place to catch them??
i think the best way to catch them is with masterball

Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:52 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

can you find them in caves or mansions? i think no right(because i wasn't sure if yes or no)

Nope, only in outdoor areas.

The Phenom1993 wrote:
which is the best place to catch them??

There's no best place. Their locations are random.

The Phenom1993 wrote:
i think the best way to catch them is with masterball

Well duh. The Master Ball is the best way to catch any Pokemon, using your argument. The problem is you only have one of it in usual conditions, and there are plenty of Pokemon which are difficult to capture. Not to mention that there are three Legendary Dogs alone.

Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:42 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Walking down the path of life. Perhaps we will meet again someday.
use sweet scent which draws pokemon in and use max repels
repels do not effect legendarys

Actually, repels affect all Pokemon that are lower level than your leading Pokemon, including the dogs.

Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:12 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Last edited by geekening on Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:42 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Some of those legendary dogs are so hard to catch. >.> Even when I use like a crobat/gengar with mean look.

Join the Cerise Island Pokemon forums! Users can buy their own items, partciipate in an mmorpg, guilds, create their own blog, and tons of other unique features. All with a great people and an active community.

Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:47 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i need to catch riachu but whet i use arena trap it just uses roar? i don no wtf is going on :!:

Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:25 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Ok as for the finding them. After beating the elite four the first time buy like 20 repels and put A pokemon under lvl 49 in the front of your team. Make sure you are on A route that there is nothing above lvl 30. Use the repel and run arond for 20 seconds after that go and go into A building or go on A diferent route. Then return to the route you where on and run in the grass do thist over and over till you see him this also works with lati@s.

Note:? This only works if you never saw them before. They can still run so have A wobafett or something maybe something fast that can paralize it so its not so fast and cant escape

Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:39 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Useing the Max repel trick with a level 49 pokemon in the lead is best used In my opinion on Route 6 use 1 Max repel and run in the grass until it is used up then go into the building connecting The area to Saffron city and then re-entering the route and doing the same thing it should only take 10-15 Max repels to get it to show its face

I have also heard that if Entai or Raikou use roar on you then they are gone forever and you wont be able to catch them again but thats just what i heard so dont quote me on it..

Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:16 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I caught my {latios} and {raikou} within 2 minutes using repel and lvl 39 pokemon. It really works

Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next