It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 4:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 The Official HG/SS News Thread 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Krisp wrote:
Right, so I'm putting this in Sinnoh Generation and moving it to General Pokemon Discussion after I hit submit, because I know this thread is going to pop up 1000000000000000000 times in Sinnoh Gen. if I don't.

Quote:
Several media outlets have revealed that the announcement of a major, popularly-discussed Pokémon game will be made later this month. Pokémon Sunday is set to unveil the title May 10.

The show's official Web site describes the contents of next week's episode as "a worldwide first announcement and a worldwide first big scoop". The upcoming issues of CoroCoro and Nintendo Dream, which are Japanese magazines, have likewise been disclosed and are known to contain information regarding a "much-talked-about big title", although it is not directly stated that a Pokémon game is involved. Both magazine issues will be released after the airing of Pokémon Sunday.

Furthermore, the most recent episode previewed the annnouncement by showing two balls: one gold and one silver. Based on this as well as the fact that the game is said to have been the center of much speculation, many fans believe that the announcement will pertain to two titles: the Pokémon Gold and Silver remakes. It is also theorized that Junichi Masuda will appear on the show to make the announcement, since he did so both last month and the month prior in regard to other game-related scoops.

Sauce: http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/M ... this_month

Like any other Pokemon fan, I'm anticipating a G/S remake, but on one condition: not similar to LG/FR. By that, I mean LG/FR was...disappointing. It wasn't a REMAKE, it was a rehash. There were no new features besides R/S's crappy additions to the series, a second E4 line-up, Sevi Islands, and a few other stupid gimmicks. I want a G/S remake to be something different, something the original GS was lacking. Detailed Johto mixed in with some Kanto specialness. The Johto region that was in Gold & Silver really lacked depth and detail, especially when it's compared to Sinnoh. This might have something to do with the GBC limitations, but I'm not knowledgeable in that area, so I'm not really sure.

By the way, the "GSC batteries are dying" is a pathetic excuse for a remake. Anyone with half a brain could rip apart their Gold/Silver/Crystal cartridges and take care of that problem, or buy one of the few special accessories available online called Mega Memory Card or Monster Brain.

Discuss nao.

edit: I swear if Nintendo reveals another :censored: Mystery Dungeon or Ranger game I'll throw away any respect I had left for them. I can't believe they made sequels to those crappy games and have a hard time believing people actually enjoyed them (but considering most Pokemon fans are ages 4-10, I guess it shouldn't surprise me.)

I thought PMD was a good game. But Ranger, not so much. And...don't make Mr.Yoomtah angry...

And I will be terribly upset if it is a PBR 2. PBR is, well... lacking a story, and you don't even walk around. A continuation of colosseum/XD would be good. It won't be PMD, cuz of Sky. Stadium 3, probably not. So...

Thu May 07, 2009 5:48 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/game/g090508_01.html

Heart Gold
Soul Silver

Thu May 07, 2009 7:34 pm
Profile WWW
THE POWER IS ON!

In a word:

LAME.

Thu May 07, 2009 7:42 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Submitted for your perusal...

Water Pokémon Master from pokebeach.com wrote:
What a surprise! Gold and Silver remakes! No one predicted this! Who wants to bet Ruby and Sapphire remakes are coming in several years?

The Japanese Yahoo website has officially confirmed the existence of Gold and Silver remakes. The games are to be titled HeartGold and SoulSilver and will be released this fall in Japan. According to Bangiras, the Yahoo article states that the games are remakes in the same vein as FireRed and LeafGreen were remakes of Red and Blue. The only other fact the article states is that the games will contain new features as well as sound and graphic improvements. The translation of the article and the game logos can be seen below.

Following Yahoo's announcement, the official Japanese website posted a page announcing the game. You can read the translation of their page below the Yahoo article translation.

News on the games is bound to appear on Pokemon Sunday this weekend, as posted previously. Heerosferret is going to try to record the announcement for us when it airs, and when she does it will be posted here immediately. Details on the games are also bound to appear in the next issue of CoroCoro as well, which will probably be leaked on to the internet by next week. Be sure to check back here for the latest news and translations!

We learned on the 7th that "Pocket Monsters Gold and Silver," the second entry in the popular RPG series, originally released on the Gameboy system in November of 1999, will be remade for the Nintendo DS this autumn under the titles "HeartGold" and "SoulSilver." New elements will be added in this tenth anniversary return to the Johto Region.

A continuation of the original series (Pocket Monsters Red, Green, Blue, and Pikachu), Gold and Silver recorded remarkable sales of 23,000,000 copies worldwide. It introduced monsters that hadn't appeared in the gameboy games, along with various new features.

Red and Green, the first games of the Pokemon series, were remade for the Gameboy Advance in 2004 as "Fire Red and Leaf Green," making this the second set of remakes. While Red and Green had fantastic upgrades in their transition from Gameboy to Gameboy Advance, this time the games are skipping the Gameboy Advance and going directly from Gameboy to DS. So they will almost certainly have drastically upgraded graphics and sound. Details will be released on the official site shortly.

Currently in development for the Nintendo DS are the newest entries in the Pokemon series: "Pocket Monsters HeartGold and SoulSilver." Taking place in the Johto region, the games will be upgraded with all of the series' current features and will also be paced with brand new features. This year marks the tenth anniversary of "Pocket Monsters Gold and Silver's" release on the original Gameboy, so its revival is only fitting. Since its release in 1999, the game has sold over 23,000,000 copies worldwide.

Link to the original article

Persistence ends resistence.

3DS FC: 5069-4148-2325 (please PM to exchange)
Poison Friend Safari: Seviper, Ariados, and Whirlipede.

Thu May 07, 2009 9:20 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well, it is about time. But it makes me wonder, what are they going to do with the custom balls by Kurt? Or the apricorns themselves? Or the time capsule? Wait, never mind, the capsule thing could just work like Pal Park, only it would be in Pokemon Centers. And what of Red inside of Mt. Silver? And other questions as well. Well, I guess it is not important. Game Freak and Nintendo answered our demands. Let's just be happy with that.

-Ryan

Fri May 08, 2009 6:57 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

ryan_dan wrote:
Well, it is about time. But it makes me wonder, what are they going to do with the custom balls by Kurt? Or the apricorns themselves?

Probably change to just berries and the odd pokeballs (dusk,quick,dive, etc.) I never did like the balls from GSC. "Woo! a ball that works on only 4 pokemon!" (moon ball) or "Yay! a ball that works on the few heavy wild pokemon!" (Heavy ball)

Who else wants the Berserk gene to come back? :twisted:

Fri May 08, 2009 2:38 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

ugh... from the description in the article it seems like it'll be gold and silver with a few more islands? blah. still, GSC was my favorite gen and it'll be fun to play through it with super graphics and the new physical/special split up and also new items.

It's gonna ROCK. (even if there is no major storyline extension) :D

quae incensus cogitat grama esse bonus.
incendit per noctam,
et sic excitavit;
invenit veru magnum ano.

Fri May 08, 2009 3:41 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Um... this probably wasn't Gamefreak's intention, but does anyone else realize that SS is the nickname of the division of Nazis that oversaw the concentration camps.

Fri May 08, 2009 6:12 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

There is this company that answer questions if you text them but they call themselfs KGB
Besides SS isn't major

Fri May 08, 2009 6:37 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Heart Gold and Soul Silver won't be released till next year more then likely because in japan it's being released
on new years eve.

Black Friend Code: used in trades gmt - 06:00 central time us
Chris 1935 9949 5758
3ds Friend code:
3695-0533-8271 this one has reached 100 friends if you want a safari from me use the 2nd friend code.
2nd 3ds friend code: 1821-9478-7101
Black2 Friend Code: Chris 0519 5118 7320

Fri May 08, 2009 7:37 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

So, in five years, are we going to see the remakes: Ruby Lips and Sapphire Eyes?

Nintendo never should have remade them. You have the games once! Live with them until they are needed because of coding problems.

Fri May 08, 2009 8:13 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

......So how dose one change the battery in the old cartridges?

Fri May 08, 2009 8:48 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Kruggeikarp wrote:
......So how dose one change the battery in the old cartridges?

This topic will explain it.

3DS FC: Snail 4527-8592-7979

Fri May 08, 2009 8:50 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Do you think you will be able to go to Kanto? And will Team Rocket be replaced by Team Galactic? Plus they might remake Crystal a year or so after GH/SS. Hey think of the events! Finally, Celebi!

Sat May 09, 2009 9:13 am
THE POWER IS ON!

Cactuar wrote:
Do you think you will be able to go to Kanto? And will Team Rocket be replaced by Team Galactic? Plus they might remake Crystal a year or so after GH/SS.

In chronological order:
-Yes.
-No.
-Definitely not.

These are REMAKES. They're not rewriting the plot. This means you go to Kanto (which was, in the original version, at least one-third of the game) and fight Team Rocket. Why would you think they'd be replaced with Team Galactic, who have no business in Johto or Kanto? Did they replace Team Rocket with Team Magma and Team Aqua in FRLG? And they're not remaking Crystal, let's get that out of the way right now. Did we receive an ElectricYellow version? No.

Sat May 09, 2009 10:53 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah, no Crystal, I'm fine with that. And there's a 99.9% chance Rocket will be in it.
I wonder if they'll have a Celebi event, and if that's the only one.

Sat May 09, 2009 3:20 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm not going to say it doesn't make sense to do remakes. GSC is the only generation left unplayable on a DS (whether GBA or DS itself) so far, and from the sounds of it, they will be on DS soon.

As far as some of the major things said on here:

1) a fifth generation. I will probably be shunned for this, but I figure that Nintendo will ride this train to the end of the line with a fifth generation. They're going to go until 500 total Pokemon (which isn't far off), or until every single possible type hybrid comes up (I mean, look at the 4th gen. for different type hybrids).

2) other remakes. I would love to see a Pinball DPP (because who doesn't want to remember a ton of random facts to find all 493 Pokemon??! :frustrated: ). But actually, I would like it because we've only gotten to the third generation as far as Pinball. Also, a Pokemon Snap 2 wouldn't be a bad idea, because that was unique when it came out. But it would be strange figuring out how to do it on a DS. As for the later-generation spin-offs (MD, Ranger), they aren't horrible, but I think they've done enough games. In each one of those two all Pokes are available somehow (I think).

3) Crystal remake. No point to it. Obviously, Nintendo already has a ton of things down the pipe for Pokemon. Why bother to remake an upgrade game, when they didn't for the first remade generation? Don't get me wrong, I liked GSC a lot, but I didn't appreciate the value of them until after the batteries timed out. With the HGSS coming out soon (?), they already have FRLG and that's all of the generations playable on a DS (which, might I remind everyone, is their main game system right now).

4) Will I buy them? Of course, for some of the same reasons outlined above. Obviously, I hope that the depth increases dramatically. The Metallic Generation added many things that I still appreciate today (Day/Night, Berries, Apricorns --> Special Poke Balls, New Pokemon, pre-evolutions, post-evolutions of already discovered Pokes, etc.). I don't count out the value of them, so I'll appreciate the remakes even more, I think.

As for the game that combines all generations together, I think that will signal the swansong of Pokemon all together. If they manage to remake all of the Pokemon games for DS (including Stadium, MD, Ranger, Snap, Turbo, Trozei, etc.), and come up with all of the remakes of the base sets they'll do (similar to FRLG, HGSS, etc.), and maybe (actually, probably) a fifth generation, then they'll combine everything together in one ultimate game (that only needs one to get everything done).

Sorry for ranting!

AEPMT :D :) :P :wink: :mrgreen:

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Sun May 10, 2009 1:24 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I'm thinking there won't be a Crystal remake. If there is though that'd be great. Crystal gave us a lot of new things (my favorite being that mystery egg from the Day Care Center.)

The question is... should we wait and see if a Crystal remake comes out, or just buy the G/S remakes when they come out?

Tue May 12, 2009 4:33 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

They won't remake Crystal.
Kanto will be in-game.

Yep.

Tue May 12, 2009 8:31 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Arekasune wrote:
They won't remake Crystal.
Kanto will be in-game.

Yep.

And... do you have any proof of this?

Updates on HeartGold and SoulSilver

The starter pokemon follows the player around. Additionally, there is a new female player.

3DS FC: Snail 4527-8592-7979

Tue May 12, 2009 10:34 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I would also like to follow that by reminding everyone that Crystal added some differences (for example, the first game to use animations for Pokes), but really, it was a carbon copy in terms of gameplay to GS. Considering how they treated the Kanto-only remakes, it is safe to say that they will treat the Johto remakes the same way.

Besides, if GameFreak wants to keep going, why waste more time going on remaking things that have already been done?

AEPMT :D :) :P :wink: :mrgreen:

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Fri May 15, 2009 7:36 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

it would be great if they do a yellow remake 'cuz when i bought a FR i couldn't save, but like they said there will be no FR or LG remakes :cry:

Sat May 16, 2009 3:19 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I honestly don't see why a lot of you are hating on Mystery Dungeon. :o :shock: The storyline is very interesting, and just because the gameplay style is different does not mean you can't like it. Imao, you guys are being overexaggerative about Nintendo. Anyways, yeah a johto remake I knew Nintendo and Gamefreak would come through for us. :D

Mon May 18, 2009 12:12 pm
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

Though we all hate the way Nintendo does what it does, we continue to buy these games. Why? Because, we love playing them.

My only hope for this game is that WiFi gets some sort of random battle system (And not the WiFi tower. Even if those are pokemon trained by actual players, they are still bots) , or even a waiting room system where you can fight other people in the same room. I have yet to play platinum, so maybe some of this is released, but I doubt it.

Lets face it. Most of us only play this game for the battle aspect of it. If we gave a rats ass about the story of it, this game would have never sold in the first place, and none of us would be here talking about this.

"DERP I'M A DUMBASS :B"

Thu May 21, 2009 10:42 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Personally I'm glad there re releasing G/S I liked that generation the best and I was very unhappy when my game quit working (Nintendo Seal Of Quality My Foot!!!) Even though I put an emulator (legal as long as you own a copy don't do it otherwise) on my computer it still isn't quite the same and hopefully they can add some more interesting things like battle tower/frontier to it. My only problem is my typhlosion {typhlosion} I got from emerald will no longer be a rare find, oh well.

Wed May 27, 2009 10:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next