It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 976 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 40  Next
 Chaining for Shinies(Pokéradar) 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

see a normal shake is just...normal. Nothing to it. A shiny shake is one that has a slight sparkle to it. It isnt hard to miss just look closely. And there is a third shake which i have only ever seen on videos so far is the one where it shakes and you see bright glitter. That for sure isnt hard to miss because it shines twice. I think this shiny exists. I found a gold shinx on chain number 3. And my friend found 2 shines in less than 24 hours. This woman says she found 5 in 5 days. Explain a 1/8000 something.
Besides you people have it wrong. (Where the X's are is where you have a greater chance of breaking the chain. Next to fences, people, or trees, the chain breaks easier. Try to get to 4 and stick with the type of shake you first picked. I also find it that if you start with a plain shake and go to a shiny shake, you're fine. But if you go from a shiny shake to a plain shake, you break the chain just a bout every time)

X444X444X
X3210123X
X444X444X

Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:27 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well after 4 hours of on and off chaining, I finally got to a Chain of 40 Eevees and got a Shiny after about 10 minutes of resetting.

Level 18 Adamant, decent Atk, Sp. Def and Speed DVs, kinda sad it wasn't Modest, but oh well. I think having all four spots in view and then going to a Zone 4 spot really makes a difference (Corners, etc. are bad).

Probably already mentioned, but one tip I found somewhat useful was when you're in the Trophy Garden (or similar area), try to be like four (I.e XXXU) spots from the left or right border and use the Radar.

If you're lucky, you may get a Zone 4 spot to the right or left of you, which puts you basically in the middle of the patch, and higher odds of your chain continuing afterwards.

Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:57 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Mean1 posted:
Besides you people have it wrong. (Where the X's are is where you have a greater chance of breaking the chain.

Wrong. Wrong wrong wrong. EVERY patch in zone four is safe AS LONG as you are following the other rules. Where did you come up with that idea?

Quote:
Mean1 posted:
I also find it that if you start with a plain shake and go to a shiny shake, you're fine. But if you go from a shiny shake to a plain shake, you break the chain just a bout every time

Yeah, this is because the four types of patches correspond with rarity. Regular shaking = common, Light blinking/shaking = uncommon, Flashing/shaking = rare, and Shiny =...shiny XD. This doesn't mean that you will ALWAYS come across a rare pokemon in a "rare patch" or a common pokemon in a "common patch." It just means that the chances of finding such pokemon in their respective patches are good (the exception here is obviously the shiny patch because it will always have a shiny pokemon in it).

Basically, if you're chaining a common pokemon and started with the "common patches", you can usually move up to the uncommon or rare patches safely. Obviously, you cannot go back down the rarity ladder.

Quote:
RaichuLatias posted:
What do you mean with the excerpt? It's a bad idea to go to a spot if another spot would be offscreen? Honestly, i've never really had any problems with those going offscreen when going to a spot in Zone 4.

I'm merely speaking from my own experience. I've noted that doing this increases the chances of chains breaking. If your chains have been safe so far, then more power to you :p

Quote:
RaichuLatias posted:
Probably already mentioned, but one tip I found somewhat useful was when you're in the Trophy Garden (or similar area), try to be like four (I.e XXXU) spots from the left or right border and use the Radar.

Great tip. I do this, myself. Also, congrats on the Eevee! If you wanted a Modest one, you should've kept resetting for more of them. The chain doesn't have to stop after you've found one shiny!

Shiny news to report: {nidoran f} x 3

Persistence ends resistence.

3DS FC: 5069-4148-2325 (please PM to exchange)
Poison Friend Safari: Seviper, Ariados, and Whirlipede.

Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:04 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

A tip; soft reset until you see a shiny patch first try. As Kurushel said, if you move down in rarity, the chain breaks, but if you move up, that's fine. That means it would have to always display a shiny patch!

Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:30 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

...I'm sorry, but that's not correct at all. Soft resetting is pointless and a time-waster in this situation. I don't understand the logic behind your suggestion.

Also...I don't get what it is you're trying to say in that last sentence.

Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:54 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

When you chain, and start with a shiny, a shiny patch will always sparkle afterwards.

Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:53 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

When you chain, and start with a shiny, a shiny patch will always sparkle afterwards.

I don't believe that's true.

{weavile}{electivire}{togekiss}{gengar}{milotic}{dusknoir}

Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:14 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Quote:
Quote:
RaichuLatias posted:

Great tip. I do this, myself. Also, congrats on the Eevee! If you wanted a Modest one, you should've kept resetting for more of them. The chain doesn't have to stop after you've found one shiny!

Shiny news to report: {nidoran f} x 3

Yeah, I was going to, but the Shiny ended my chain (it was on the top right side on the garden) But oh well. Eventually I'll try again for an Eevee chain.

Now comes another issue, Staravia is still appearing when I try for my Pichu chain in Zone 4, even with all 4 spots showing. I don't get why Eevee worked fine for that, but Pichu isn't.

Also, congrats on those shinies.

Ghett0: That's probably not true, that'd be also saying if you started with a normal pokemon, it'd always be normal. And the odds of finding a Shiny on the first of your chain is probably the same as finding it without the Radar.

Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:56 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Hmm...that's strange. I wonder why your Pichu chains don't hold... Just another thing to test out, I guess XD. It's a shame your Eevee chain ended when it did.

Ghett0 wrote:

Somethings tells me you're not speaking from experience. I'm not trying to be rude, but please don't try to pass off conjecture as fact.

The formula that was posted a few pages back contradicts your claim because as chains increase in size, the chances of seeing a shiny patch go up. The chances of seeing another shiny patch after one appears are not dependant on soft resetting to find a shiny patch on the first link of the chain or somewhere near the beginning of the chain.

Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:19 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Okay I've read all the posts and Ive tried everything but I just can't get chains past 10.Does anybody know why?I've tried everything givin in this thread.

Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader.

PM me for a casual battle or for the Gym Badge once the League is up.

Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:27 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

ok, heres a question. lets say i want to reset the pokeradar. so i run around 50 steps. is it important that even while im doing this i can see ALL of the patches that were shaking before?

Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:56 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Well, yes, you want to remember where the patches were so that you don't accidentally walk into them while you're charging the radar.

TheKid wrote:
Okay I've read all the posts and Ive tried everything but I just can't get chains past 10.Does anybody know why?I've tried everything givin in this thread.

Err...I can't really help you if I don't know where to start ^^;
You're going to have to go over your problem in a little more detail.

Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:15 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

ok, heres a question. lets say i want to reset the pokeradar. so i run around 50 steps. is it important that even while im doing this i can see ALL of the patches that were shaking before?

actually i meant would it cause the chain to break if you lost sight of one of the shaking bushes while you reset the radar. i read earlier in this thread that you need to see all four shaking patches when you go to one of them, and i was just wondering if this rule still stands when youre resetting.

Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:28 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Ah, I see. Yes, you need to be careful about that. It doesn't matter if you're moving towards a patch or just running to recharge - if you get out of range, the chain can/will break.

Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:34 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

Hmm...that's strange. I wonder why your Pichu chains don't hold... Just another thing to test out, I guess XD. It's a shame your Eevee chain ended when it did.

Ghett0 wrote:

Somethings tells me you're not speaking from experience. I'm not trying to be rude, but please don't try to pass off conjecture as fact.

The formula that was posted a few pages back contradicts your claim because as chains increase in size, the chances of seeing a shiny patch go up. The chances of seeing another shiny patch after one appears are not dependant on soft resetting to find a shiny patch on the first link of the chain or somewhere near the beginning of the chain.

I am speaking from experience. Ever wonder how I get duplicates of shinies without the cloning glitch?

Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:42 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Kurushel wrote:

Ghett0 wrote:

I am speaking from experience. Ever wonder how I get duplicates of shinies without the cloning glitch?

Well, when you catch a shiny, the chain keeps going. Maybe you just got lucky and got another shiny in a row?

{weavile}{electivire}{togekiss}{gengar}{milotic}{dusknoir}

Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:39 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well, yes, you want to remember where the patches were so that you don't accidentally walk into them while you're charging the radar.

TheKid wrote:

Err...I can't really help you if I don't know where to start ^^;
You're going to have to go over your problem in a little more detail.

Well I was chaining Dodou and I could get only to a chain of 10 or 11.So then I tried the thing with the zones and it didnt really help.Could you explain the zones to me in more depth?

Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader.

PM me for a casual battle or for the Gym Badge once the League is up.

Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:24 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well I have no clue why I can't get a Pichu chain to work, I tried Eevee yesterday and I got to 40 and caught another shiny this one was Modest, yay! My thumb slipped and hit a Staravia spot a bit after it though, so I caught the thing and am going to deposit it on the GTS for a Bidoof as usual.

It was the first Eevee chain and didn't end once from doing that, but Pichu ends quite fast... Maybe it's the spots they appear in or something? I'm pretty sure Eevee doesn't appear in big russeling (the ones that flash white but aren't shiny)

TheKid: Have you tried going into only Zone 4s and the same type of russeling the first Doduo had? (It doesn't seem the first two matter, but the white one does)

Also try to make sure you can see all four spots and you don't end up in a corner going to one.

I think there are a few posts with what the Zones look like earlier on in this topic, you can look for one of those to make sure you're doing actual zone 4 and not zone 3 right beside it.

Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:42 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Damn. My first tryingtogetsshiny chain broke today...

A 20 chain of Ralts broke to a silly Shinx....

Edit: Would chaining shinx be any easier?

Man...Swampert20 is talented... ^^ Look at that!

Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:28 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: Please do not email me since I never check my email! Pm me instead please! You have been warned....
Edit: Would chaining shinx be any easier?

It would if you used a Pokemon that had the "Static" ability. It attracts (not the move) Electric types.

EDIT: Just keep the Static Pokemon at the front of your team.

Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:31 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Yes I just did that myself. I used an Ampharos (had static ability) and went hunting for Shinx and I got to about chain of about 17 then it broke. I then restarted the chain of Shinx and on my 3rd one I found a gold Shinx

Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:06 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: Please do not email me since I never check my email! Pm me instead please! You have been warned....
Yes I just did that myself. I used an Ampharos (had static ability) and went hunting for Shinx and I got to about chain of about 17 then it broke. I then restarted the chain of Shinx and on my 3rd one I found a gold Shinx

Aww....lucky.....but congrats anyway! :)

Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:09 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I used my Ampharos too! It got the chain upto 40, and then just kept reseting until a shiny patch. The only thing was it was on a corner, so it ended my chain, but i still have a gold shinz now! What else is "easy" to chain?

Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:10 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Mean1 wrote:

I used my Ampharos too! It got the chain upto 40, and then just kept reseting until a shiny patch. The only thing was it was on a corner, so it ended my chain, but i still have a gold shinz now! What else is "easy" to chain?

Congrats! What are the stats of Shinx? And nothing is easier to chain than Shinx, since it's the only Electric Pokemon that can be obtained w/ Pokeradar (I think..... :?: ). But just go for something you like.

Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:12 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Question:

The pokemon at the mansion, do they appear only on the yellow patches with the PR or on the normal shaking patches too?

Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 976 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 40  Next