It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
 The Official HG/SS News Thread 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

To be honest, I feel as if I don't need 4th or 5th gen. remakes of RB or RS because I am completely content with the GBA ones that I can still play on the bottom slot of my DS lite. This is why I am not getting a DSi unless they find a remedy for this problem, and not just sticking 3rd & 1st gen legends into new games. So I can be completely serene with these new Johto games as well as the last 8 games that I can play on my DS lite. If you are going to complain because you can't catch them all with a DSi because it has no GBA slot, then you should have thought of that before you got a DSi. Just my opinion.

-Ryan

Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:01 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Cactuar wrote:
he LV1 Dialga, Palkia, and Giratinas know Hydro Pump, Metal Burst, and Shadow Sneak, depending on which you have.

Hydro pump on Palkia won't make much difference, surf is more reliable in most cases.

Metal Burst on Dialga will be interesting, and it can have low enough speed in ubers to actually make use of it. Still it's basically a one-shot move unless your wobbuffet.

Shadow sneak is nice for Giratina-O who's getting the boost off the grevious orb, with immunities to moves like Extremespeed and the numbers of ghost-weak Ubers this may be very solid move.

Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:03 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

You can always give it wide lens, but that isn't good unless you have other low accuracy moves. Shadow sneak giratina will be the #1 deoxys counter now. To the news. A demo was released in japan, and the music is confirmed to be remixes of GSC's.

EDIT: There is a new building for the minigames apparently, most likely the one in celadon.

Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:36 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Cactuar wrote:
Ummm...it is coming out in 2010, for us anyways. And in your sig it says you are bored with Platinum, so why would you say people are still interested in it? Anyways, Big news! Eusine from crystal is in the game. There are 9 new touch screen minigames. The LV1 Dialga, Palkia, and Giratinas know Hydro Pump, Metal Burst, and Shadow Sneak, depending on which you have. Wow, Dialga/Palkia will really own Ubers now. Lugia and Ho-Oh are at LV45, Red Gyarados is LV30. It is also speculated The Latis and Mewtwo are in the game. (Unconfirmed.) If it's true, that shoots down 4th Gen RS and RB remakes.

Well that finally completely proves that Crysta will not be remade and that they are aiming to make all Pokémon available without migrating from the GBA games.

Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:05 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm betting it's true. The only legendaries not available in 4th gen would be Mewtwo, the Latis, jirachi(We'll probably get that Draco Meteor one) and Celebi, and Celebi will most likely have an in-game event. They won't want to make remakes just to get those 3. About Crystal, the fact that they put Eusine in HG/SS is proof it won't be remade.

EDIT: So I'm using this firefox add-on called iKnow, and it can translate Japanese. So I'm reading about the Pok'e Walk on the JP site and it says you can get "entirely new" items. what do you think they are? Ho-Oh/ Lugia exclusive items?

EDIT: Apparently, you can catch wild pokemon on the pokewalk. Looks like you can send them to HG/SS, too.

EDIT: It says something about "pokemon included" Do you possibly get Kanto/ Hoenn starters?

ANOTHER EDIT: Looks like a Celebi will be given away too, to be a counterpart to Jirachi.

Coro Coro News: Notched Ear Pichu can not evolve. Looks like those keychains are 5th gen. Also, the pokegear returns! It is now possible to register 2 items. they appear on the touch screen.

Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:15 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I don't know what everyone else thinks but who else does think that having events to get some of the legendaries was stupid :frustrated:

Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:45 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

flamelordZ wrote:
I don't know what everyone else thinks but who else does think that having events to get some of the legendaries was stupid :frustrated:

Agreed. I stood in line with my friend for four hours to get Mew and the thing was only supposed to last two hours. the people behind us never even got it cause they stopped giving it out. My only question is why are we not talking about HGSS news?

you rage for no reason because you have no reason

Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:42 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

It's been a while since I posted anything on the forums, so I'll break my silence by updating my thread with this video:

enjoy!

Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:38 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Oh god Krisp you just put the final nail in the coffin for me, I absolutely have to get this game now! I'm glad to see the EXP bar under the HP bar will be returning. Thanks for sharing that video Krisp. On another note that Rocket grunt mush have had the loudest laugh ever, I mean it took up almost all of the text box!

Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:43 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

This isn't entirely HG/SS news, but the US site revealed arceus today. Because of that, do you think maybe the games will come out here earlier than expected?

Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:41 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

will this game be comin to canada anytime soon ? i wanna get it :D

Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:42 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

mikmaq.bear wrote:
will this game be comin to canada anytime soon ? i wanna get it :D

So I'm not the only Canadian! It will be coming sometime in Spring 2010.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:52 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Kyogre, Rayquaza, and Groudon are at Lv50. And, Apricorns and the custom pok'e balls return!

Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:19 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

oh thats gay they brought back the white bar where the lvl and hp is? i loved the new darker ones...but hey thats just me im halfway goth

Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:42 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I agree I preferred the new darker ones. Oh well, that video was brilliant, it really has made me convinced to buy it. I just realised something though. The title of this thread is:
Quote:
The Official GH/SS News Thread
Shouldn't it be:
Quote:
The Official HG/SS News Thread
?

Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:24 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Quote:
CRYSTAL WILL NOT BE REMADE. KANTO WILL BE IN GHSS. STOP IT.

Same with this topic.

Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:15 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The US site has HG/SS stuff up. Hopefully we get the Arceus and Jirachi events soon.

Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:12 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Unfortunately, I will most likely not be getting HeartGold & SoulSilver when they come out. But I am not disappointed. In fact, I don't feel bad at all. Because my wife and I will be having a baby in the spring of 2010. So I really don't mind not having the games. The onlyPokemon game I ever bought on the day that it came out was Platinum Version. I got Diamon about 3 weeks after it came out and I got all of the GBA games in 2006, which is 1 year after Emerald came out, and 2-3 years after the rest did. So this isn't going to hinder me at all. I just wish I had better luck finding a job.

-Ryan

Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:00 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

yayyy! (:

Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:27 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The GTS returns, and the battle frontier is identical to platinum's.

Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:20 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Cactuar wrote:

Really? I never knew! Are the Frontier Brains the same?

Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:07 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Quote:

Where do you get this "news" from? It sounds ridiculous to me. :?

It's completely implausible to have a Johto Battle Frontier that's identical to the Sinnoh one. They changed the Battle Frontier from Emerald when they introduced it to Platinum, didn't they? The Emerald Frontier was way better than the Platinum one, too.

If they keep changing it, they'll kill it to death.

Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:52 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Some guy wrote:
Though we all hate the way Nintendo does what it does, we continue to buy these games. Why? Because, we love playing them.

My only hope for this game is that WiFi gets some sort of random battle system (And not the WiFi tower. Even if those are pokemon trained by actual players, they are still bots) , or even a waiting room system where you can fight other people in the same room. I have yet to play platinum, so maybe some of this is released, but I doubt it.

Lets face it. Most of us only play this game for the battle aspect of it. If we gave a rats ass about the story of it, this game would have never sold in the first place, and none of us would be here talking about this.

Well said I couldn't have said it better myself.

Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:17 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The train is back, and more 3-D than ever.
The kimono girls are back.
Red Gyrados is back.
The Safari Zone is back.

DarkAriados wrote:
Quote:

Where do you get this "news" from? It sounds ridiculous to me. :?

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/special/hgss/news/
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/special/hgss/i ... her02.html

Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:59 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

OK, so there's word on the official Japanese site.

But I stand by my earlier word. If they keep changing the Battle Frontier, they'll murder it.
The Emerald Frontier, the original Battle Frontier, was by far the best...

Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next