It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:02 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Need a bit of advice. 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hello, I'm kinda new here and need some advice from some people who could help me. Feel free to move this elsewhere, I just didn't see anywhere else to put it. ^^;

I've recently run into a bit of a problem. I've been trading pokemon in the GTS steadily for the last two months and I finally after many many trades got a shiny Dialga yesterday.

To my unfortuate surprise it is very much hacked.
It hatched from an egg that was recieved from the footstep house. It is also in a cherish ball.
On top of that it has all it's contest stats maxed out, has a grand total of 70 ribbons attached to it, and is at lv 100.

I don't know what to do with it now. I do not wish to keep it, but at the same time I worked very hard to get this shiny in the first place. I do not want to put it in the trade center just for someone else to have a problem with it too. I'm affraid of it either crashing my game or turning into a bad egg.

Is there anyone here that has any idea of what I can do now?

Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:17 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

You can either

~Release it. It's a hack and you don't like hacks.
~Keep it as a trophy. I don't care if it's hacked, it's shiny, and that's what matters.
~Keep it and use it in-game. I can use it however I want.

I would recommend not using it in competitive metagame. You will get a bunch of ticked-off people. Even people who use AR in the metagame (like myself for instance) have dignity and don't fight with hacked stats...or legends...

I dunno, do what you feel like.

Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:26 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Thank you for replying first off. Considering you own an AR. What are the possibilities of using a pokemon this hacked or does that even matter?

I can't seem to find alot about the problems the pokemon end up having with using the AR. The bad egg thing I only found out this morning. I'm just worried that it is hacked too much and will crash the game. Have you ever had that happen?

The only time I would probably use it is getting through the elite four mega fast. I tend to fall in the second category with having them mostly for show. I don't even battle other trainers so...

I'm just interested on your opinions of what bugs could follow it around. Sorry I didn't make it clearer the first time around. Feel free to throw a crash course in ARing at me from your experience with this sort of thing. I'm guessing you may have one or two about the same? Have they had any problems?

I am so sorry for all the questions. DX

Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:09 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

It's not going to turn into a bad egg.

It's not going to crash your game.

It's not going to disqualify you from getting Nintendo events.

It's not going to get you kicked off the internets for putting it in GTS.

It's not going to ruin your saved game or delete the saved data.

I'm 100% sure on every single line I just said. People taking this "hacked" stuff way too seriously and have seizures when they get something like that on GTS. Don't worry about it; if you don't want it, release it or stuff it in the PC for all eternity. Or, put it on GTS for some other sucker to get. It's not going to make a difference WHAT you do with it.

Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:19 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Krisp wrote:
It's not going to turn into a bad egg.

It's not going to crash your game.

It's not going to disqualify you from getting Nintendo events.

It's not going to get you kicked off the internets for putting it in GTS.

It's not going to ruin your saved game or delete the saved data.

I'm 100% sure on every single line I just said. People taking this "hacked" stuff way too seriously and have seizures when they get something like that on GTS. Don't worry about it; if you don't want it, release it or stuff it in the PC for all eternity. Or, put it on GTS for some other sucker to get. It's not going to make a difference WHAT you do with it.

I'm am simply asking these questions because I do not know. I do not know if people are having problems or not. I do not own an AR so I really don't have any idea what all happens concerning it. All i'm getting from anywhere on alot of these sites is "OMG IT'S HAXD AND IT DID ______ TO MY GAEM". So the only real thoughts behind all my previous posts was "is it that bad....? I may not want it if it's that bad."

I'm not having a seizure over it, I'm just mainly dissapointed. Like I said I only found out most of this stuff this morning and my first post was based off of what info I had been collecting on the subject. That's why in my first post I said I didn't really want it, cause I saw horror stories of it all over the place. I've only had my game three months and didn't even find out what an AR was until last month. I'm sorry if I come off really n00bish on the subject I just honestly don't know.

Maybe I should have asked my questions elsewhere. >>

Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:47 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hacked Pokemon can't crash games if they're hacked properly. From what you said it is likely that your Dialga's Pokesaved. That won't affect your game at all. Bag Eggs that crash your Game, or Evil Death Eggs as they call it, don't exist in the 4th generation games. :)

Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:37 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Um...Bad Eggs don't "crash" your game, they're just corrupt or incomplete data. When there's something wrong with a Pokemon (corrupt/incomplete data) the error turns it into a Bad Egg, kind of like how MissingNo. existed.

Dusk: Sorry if I came off as a jerk; I didn't mean it that way. I wasn't blaming you for being concerned, just trying to state the facts. :)

That being said, this topic seems pretty complete, so I'll lock it. Dusk, if you still have something to add PM me and i'll unlock it.

~locked~

Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:40 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

DNA wrote:
You can either

~Release it. It's a hack and you don't like hacks.
~Keep it as a trophy. I don't care if it's hacked, it's shiny, and that's what matters.
~Keep it and use it in-game. I can use it however I want.

I would use;

"~Keep it as a trophy. I don't care if it's hacked, it's shiny, and that's what matters."

because i know you dont want to be a bad egg but its still a shiny and as fa as i know
shiny legendaries arn't that easy to come by.

My Soul Silver Team:
{feraligatr} {charizard} {sceptile} {ampharos} {crobat} {scizor}

Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:56 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Quote:

because i know you dont want to be a bad egg but its still a shiny and as fa as i know
shiny legendaries arn't that easy to come by.

Yes, but it's hacked. That takes away the rarity, because it's most likely not legitly shiny.

Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:51 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 9 posts ]