It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 20  Next
 Werewolf 23 - Trust Issues - N5 Ends October 4th 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Mmm. Considering everything, I want to trust JsX. . . and I have no other leads. I think those "marked" are likely to be framed. This is my first time playing this, so yeah.

Sorry! S-sen-paii!

VOTE: DNA

Quote:
3pm, Day 2

Halfway through today, I held another town lunch. Progress was being made, until a shipper girl turned on some **** music.

LOL. I APPROVE OF THIS.
And. . . there is now Argogrove. Do not question my ways. Ship, ship, ship, <3

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:30 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Makes sense, but still, I don't see a reason not to hand it off to DNA right before he gets lynched. DNA's not going to vote for himself, and with no other info to go off of at the moment, DNA isn't going to be able to pull enough people into voting for anyone else, so you might as well hand it off to him, at least until morning.

tl;dr: DNA essentially has no vote this round anyway. Pass it to him. If he dies, he'll take it with him and we'll be rid of it.

Wait, I never heard from anyone if item passing is possible. Argo's post would suggest that it is but I guess he never explicitly said anything about item passing.

EDIT: Dang. Day 2 Evening and we've already made 7 pages of posts.

Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:48 pm
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Quote:
my role gives me access to some pieces of information.

Yeah, like what? Unless I get a bit more detail, I'm honestly not buying it. And do not give the excuse that 'the scum might get information'. For all you know, the scum might already have it. Or, even better yet, not care whatsoever.

I'm going to step back for a bit, and look over something. I'm going to say something that is completely irrelevant to the course of the game, and will not affect either me or anyone else one way or the other, in terms of in-game information.

Quote:
12. If a player is being voted out, or already has been, and just getting their shot in towards those who voted them off, it might be labeled as flaming. If you're going down, accept it and don't start a big fuss, especially if you only have four votes. The host reserves the right to warn and vote-off violators in that sequence of events. It's out of fairness, and violators tend to make the game less fun.

What I am about to say may go against this. I'll try not to, but...fair warning.

... ...
... ...

Highlight to view spoiler.
This is why I hate Werewolf. I absolutely hate Werewolf now. No, not just now - I've hated it long before. The same thing always happens. Either I am dealt a villager card and die right away, either in Night 1 or 2, or I'm dealt a wolf card and I'm lynched by the villagers because they assume, because I'm still alive, they believe I'm a wolf, whether or not I actually am one.

This honestly isn't fun. That's the equivalent of being victimized and kicked out of every Werewolf game ever just because I'm me. The accusation is that I'm a smart player and therefore a threat no matter what side I'm on.

But I'm not a smart player. It's extremely obvious I'm not a smart player. As evidence to this, I can safely say that I deluded myself into believing that you guys might have been different, but I was wrong.
That's not being smart.

Even worse still, HW convinced me the roles would shake things up a bit, and that my odds of surviving might increase a little bit because of that. And I chose to believe him. And now look where I am now.
That's not being smart.

I'm still deciding whether or not I should be hating anyone or anything for this. I already hate myself for putting myself through this torture again, hoping and praying it was going to be different. It's never going to be different. No matter where I go they will always kick me out because they don't want me in their Werewolf games. What am I supposed to believe from that? That you think I'm too good of a player? That you perceive me as a threat? That none of you like me? What kind of message are you sending me here?

I'm normally a very good sport about this kind of thing, but this happens to me every time I play Werewolf, and I have finally snapped. I am taking this as a personal attack, and I have finally snapped. I still have no justification to believe JsXtm's claim, nor the bandwagon votes that follow (you want a reason to lynch me, that's fine - it just has to be a legitimate one) - it's an admission that I'm tired of how you people (actually no, that's unfair to you - it's more so everyone) play Werewolf games when I'm around. Everyone ruins it for me. Everyone. Especially game hosts.

In the event of a miracle that your minds are somehow changed and I don't end up getting lynched...well, I'll hope that happens, but I'll probably be wrong there too, as I'm always wrong.

... ...
... ...

That's all. You may return to your game now.

Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:44 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Unfortunately DNA, that's just because you are perceived as a threat.
That's why I GM and not play.

Goodbye
"

Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:09 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Haunted Water wrote:
Unfortunately DNA, that's just because you are perceived as a threat.
That's why I GM and not play.

This is also why I GM and not play.

I'm kinda mad at you because of this, so I'm going to go and blow off some steam. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping the posts in the morning don't make me even angrier.

Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:11 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

If he were knowingly wrong about you being scum, it'd be suicide. If he accuses an innocent person and they get lynched, he knows things wouldn't end well for him. That's why I think that he can be trusted. It wouldn't make sense for him to set up his own death like that. So, I'm going to go ahead and assume that JsXtm's role explanation is a valid reason for perceiving you as a threat this game and hope that he's right. I seriously doubt that he just picked you because you're... whatever it is that makes people want to lynch you in these games.

You should call dibs on the next game. :p I'd be interested to see what a DNA-run werewolf game looks like. This is only the second time I've been involved in a werewolf game.

Also @ChillBill does that mean there's an ability that can steal items? Or did he actually manage to lose an item somehow? Maybe the item dropped itself.

Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:43 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Why the hell am I the reason to blame?

Goodbye
"

Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:05 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

HW, DNA, if you are to argue, do it off-thread.

UNVOTE: Fletchling

Different, I don't know how, but items can be dropped in some way. I held an item, and suddenly got a PM saying that I dropped it... and that's about it. I dunno how HW has made the whole item thing work, so I can't be sure, but I AM certain that's there's a way to drop items. And given Fletchling's obsession with Fletchling being a god, birdseed being an offer, and HW's knowledge of the obsession, it's safe to assume that birdseed is an item beneficial only to Fletchling. Or, that there's an item beneficial to Fletchling, not necessarily called birdseed, but nicknamed so by him.

JsX throwing such a random claim is... well. In case he's right, we lynch scum, but I'm not ready to vote for DNA. Saying that your role gives access to certain info makes you a target anyway, so would you mind being a bit more revealing? Why is DNA scum?

And DNA, no rage. The guy says he targetted you based on his role... not because you're you. I'm actually a bit more inclined to believe JsX due to that, but I'll still hold from voting for now.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:21 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I...kind of have to agree with ChillBill here. Although JsXtm says that he has an ability that indicates that DNA is scum, at the same time, that could be JsXtm trying trying to mislead us. Either way, I don't have enough information to jump on the bandwagon, or to flat-out call JsXtm, or anyone else, out, so unless something happens, I think I might abstain from this vote. I do have the perception that DNA is an experienced player, and from some of his posts so far, I can see how he might be a threat to some players.

Fletchling, are you a Fletchling? Does that mean that if you don't have birdseed, you don't have anything to eat, and will starve because of that?

Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:38 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

ChillBill wrote:

Different, I don't know how, but items can be dropped in some way. I held an item, and suddenly got a PM saying that I dropped it... and that's about it. I dunno how HW has made the whole item thing work, so I can't be sure, but I AM certain that's there's a way to drop items. And given Fletchling's obsession with Fletchling being a god, birdseed being an offer, and HW's knowledge of the obsession, it's safe to assume that birdseed is an item beneficial only to Fletchling. Or, that there's an item beneficial to Fletchling, not necessarily called birdseed, but nicknamed so by him.

Seems legit. Thanks, ChillBill.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:59 am
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Haunted Water wrote:
Why the hell am I the reason to blame?

I already said it once; I don't see a need to say it again.

Different55 wrote:
You should call dibs on the next game. :p I'd be interested to see what a DNA-run werewolf game looks like. This is only the second time I've been involved in a werewolf game.

I would, but the WW game I recently developed involves 24 people. Unless you can muster 24 people for this game, I have to keep my idea in a box. There's what...16 people for this game, if that? I could run it with less, but I want to get as close to 24 people as possible. If no one has any objections, though, I can run WW24 (it is 24, right?) and see how it goes.

Different55 wrote:
If he were knowingly wrong about you being scum, it'd be suicide. If he accuses an innocent person and they get lynched, he knows things wouldn't end well for him. That's why I think that he can be trusted. It wouldn't make sense for him to set up his own death like that.

Gambits like this happen all the time, in my experience, whether they're right or wrong. That's why I want to hear his reasoning, because until I hear a legitimate excuse from him (which ChillBill is asking for), I'm honestly not buying it.

If you do have one, JsX, that's fine by me. Please, enlighten us.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:33 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

DNA wrote:
Different55 wrote:

I would, but the WW game I recently developed involves 24 people. Unless you can muster 24 people for this game, I have to keep my idea in a box. There's what...16 people for this game, if that? I could run it with less, but I want to get as close to 24 people as possible. If no one has any objections, though, I can run WW24 (it is 24, right?) and see how it goes.

I run a forum with a handful of active users. I might be able to drag a few over here for a game when the time comes.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:00 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

UNVOTE: DNA

Like I said, I'm pretty new to this. Not sure how the logic of this game works. My first vote was a shot in the dark since the others seemed to know who to vote for but. . . I think I'm inclined to believe that DNA is not a werewolf now.
Just a gut feeling I have.

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:59 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

All right, I'll explain a bit. My information is that you put the additional Marks on GhostPony during the last Night phase. You said, and I quote:

DNA wrote:
Quote:
(possible that GhostPony is ALSO scum and they're trying to throw things off, but it feels early to try to be that misdirected)

Nah, that doesn't make any sense. GP almost has enough marks to be dead. Why would the scum put one of their own members at risk like this so early in the game? No, it's my opinion that GP is not scum at all. He may know something about them, but he's not one of them.

So if you are publicly stating that he's probably not scum, but trying to kill him, I can only conclude that you're scum.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:48 pm
Profile WWW
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

JsXtm wrote:
All right, I'll explain a bit. My information is that you put the additional Marks on GhostPony during the last Night phase. You said, and I quote:

DNA wrote:
Quote:
(possible that GhostPony is ALSO scum and they're trying to throw things off, but it feels early to try to be that misdirected)

Nah, that doesn't make any sense. GP almost has enough marks to be dead. Why would the scum put one of their own members at risk like this so early in the game? No, it's my opinion that GP is not scum at all. He may know something about them, but he's not one of them.

So if you are publicly stating that he's probably not scum, but trying to kill him, I can only conclude that you're scum.

Pretty sound. Unless, DNA, can you give a reason why you are placing marks on GP even though you believe him to be non-scum? Does he have some funky Indie role + win con that makes him dangerous to the non-scum?

Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:48 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

HW hasn't posted yet woo
Yes, I have an item called Birdseed, which is only beneficial if I possess it, really. It is my Wincon. If I lose the birdseed, whoever gets it receives one mark, and I heal one. So really, it's best that I possess it because I'm town I think.
inb4 this is an indie role and I'm murdered horribly.

Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:39 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Hm, a sound and fair reasoning, JsX. Very well, I shall take your claim head-on.

I'll begin by stating that I'm not going to retaliate by saying your claim is a lie. In fact, it's correct - partially. I'll explain.
And I wish I could tl;dr this, but I have a lot to say.

~~~

I'm unsure what to believe about GP, in truth. Someone put a mark on him during the daytime, which means he could be perceived as a potential threat. I don't know who to believe who is a threat and who isn't, at this point, but I believe very strongly that someone believes he is. Thus I chose to go along with that notion, for now.
(@CG: It's possible for town to have 'anti-town' roles. I'm not saying GP does, but it's possible. Whoever placed the mark on him at daytime seems to believe that.)

I'll admit it - I can place marks on players at night. However, I can only place 1 mark per night. The one who placed a mark on GP, yes, that was my doing. But I only placed 1. I don't know who gave him the 2nd one.
I can only assume someone else gave it to him - I don't think it's the same person as before, since giving 1 in the day and 1 at night is a bit over-the-top.

I do believe, however, that the person who gave both GP and SS marks during the daytime is the same person.

Now, was my choosing to give GP a mark an error in judgment? Possibly, yes. I'd like to hear what he has to say before the day ends (if there's a chance).
To the rest of the town - if there's anyone you perceive as a threat, or believe might be a threat, give me a suggestion. If you guys want, I'll place a mark tomorrow night on who you think would be a good idea to mark. (You can give me suggestions on future days if I'm still alive by then; I don't mind.)

The day draws near to its end though, so I'd like to cast a vote of my own first.

VOTE: Fletchling

This is merely because of an admission of his win-con. Win-cons like those tend to be indie-related, or at least not purely town-friendly. It could just remove him from the game as a winner and the rest of us keep playing, but there's no guarantee of that. He's the one I'm most wary of at present, since no one else (besides GP earlier - who I still insist is town but may or may not be helpful) really stands out to me as being anti-town in some capacity.

Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:05 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

DNA this is not a good idea
DNA stahp

Seriously, without Birdseed I cannot win the game. My wincon is to survive with the birdseed until the game ends, so I'm not a harmful indie at all. Keeping me from the Birdseed item renders me useless and vanilla, so I need it quite badly.

Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:12 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

I'll be honest, at this point, it's going to be either you or me since the day has gone on so long with such little voting, and I don't want it to be me.
(To be perfectly honest, I'd much prefer a No Lynch for today, since we've gotten nowhere, and if HW finds that permissible, I'd change my vote to that. I just don't remember what he feels about No Lynch votes.)

And while your claim about just holding the birdseed until game end might be true...well, can you prove this? ...Then again, that's technically not a fair question (since role reveal is against game rules).
Even so, there may be more about your role that is unknown, but as to what or how much is anyone's guess.

Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:21 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

My role is a simple as; Start with Birdseed, Vanilla with Birdseed, if anyone DARES take my Birdseed, they're in for some pain.
Yes, Fletchling is relentless in war.

Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:57 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Quote:
If I lose the birdseed, whoever gets it receives one mark, and I heal one. So really, it's best that I possess it because I'm town I think.
inb4 this is an indie role and I'm murdered horribly.

Quote:
Start with Birdseed, Vanilla with Birdseed, if anyone DARES take my Birdseed, they're in for some pain.

This doesn't instill me with any confidence.
...It's almost enough to suggest that the people receiving marks in the daytime is somehow your doing.

Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:00 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Nope. I lost my Birdseed after the Daytime mark, so it can't be me. I only give someone a mark if they pick it up.

Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:05 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

That's what I'm suggesting, though (or even, what seems to be suggested). When someone picks up the birdseed, even if you didn't have it immediately beforehand, that might be what triggers people being marked.
The most recent person to be marked this way was SS, so it's possible he's the one holding it. If what you say is true then whoever is holding it should give it to you, Fletchling.

Having it passed around like this is only going to hurt us all in the long run.

Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:12 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

UNVOTE: DNA

I'm only doing this after reading the first two posts after mine. I still need to read the rest of the exchange and think about some things re: GP. I don't have time to do this right now so in the event that HW ends the day before I do, I don't want to vote out DNA when it turns out I should have voted out someone else. I might end up revoting DNA though.

Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:25 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

JsX, mind going a little more into detail on your role? Where I come from that'd label you as scummy and you'd have a Camoclone chasing you to the hills.

Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 20  Next