It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 528 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 22  Next
 Unofficial PsyPoke Gym League: SIGN UPS ARE CLOSED 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm sorry! I missed you. He originally applied as Electric, but I haven't heard from him since his initial application. You can have his place since you've actually cooresponded with me. Terribly sorry. I'll edit that right now...

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:21 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

ok today at exactly 7 o'clock gmt i will be able to battle with this as the final team [my friend has loads of col items]

starly @ focus sash
dragonite @ expert belt
gyrados @ wacan berry
moltreas @ leftovers
skarmory @ occa berry [thanks mektar]
cresselia @ quick claw

thanks i'll pm emin jofit to be sure

Sat May 01, 2010 2:35 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

MUNCHLAX :) wrote:
starly @ focus sash

After the gyms have been set up, the teams should not be posted, only the themes; the strategy of the above pokemon is quite obvious.

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Sat May 01, 2010 6:40 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Sion9 wrote:
MUNCHLAX :) wrote:
starly @ focus sash

After the gyms have been set up, the teams should not be posted, only the themes; the strategy of the above pokemon is quite obvious.

Would F.E.A.R even be as effective if all the Pokemon are set to Lv. 100 (or even Lv. 50)? I mean, you could use a real weak attack to break the Focus Sash and then destroy the thing next turn and only sustain a reduced amount of damage as opposed to being killed in one turn. Plus, that doesn't take much real battling skill...everyone can do that.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Sat May 01, 2010 7:33 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

yeah i just realized i'm swapping it for togekiss

Sat May 01, 2010 9:13 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hey everyone,
Sorry I haven't been around. I was away from the computer and everything because of a busy week. I'm back and I can test battle hopefully tomorrow. Glad to see its working out though.

Psychic_Espeon_16

Sat May 01, 2010 7:52 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Emin Jofit wrote:
If I could edit R_R's original post to include everyone, things would be so much easier. One of the mods would have to do that, but I doubt they would because they can easily argue that everyone concerned should just "read the other pages."

We're not that unreasonable. ;)

I updated my original post to have the current list of leaders in it, which hopefully makes things more convenient for you guys. If you need any moderating help with this thread or project as a whole, just PM me. Even if I'm at my apartment, performing moderator actions isn't too annoying on a PS3. I just won't make any large OC posts.

Sun May 02, 2010 9:03 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Gym Theme: Sandstorm

Gym Type: Singles

Pokemon

Tyranitar w/ focus sash

Mamoswine w/ soft sand

Aerodacyl w/ rock insense

Rhyperior w/ passho berry

Torterra w/leftovers

wild card: Dusknoir w/ spooky plate

Sun May 02, 2010 9:27 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i would like to apply. here is my resume

gym theme: drangon

type of battle double

pokemon being used

aerodactyl iteam being used bright powder
salamence iteam being used dragon fang
gyarados iteam being used ( useless ) dubious disc
flygon iteam being used leftovers
charizard iteam being used shell bell
dragonite iteam being used quikclaw

ok now i think my spelling is good

Last edited by ichyban on Mon May 03, 2010 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 02, 2010 11:56 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

although his spelling and grammar is atrocious, i can vouch for ichyban, me and him battle all the time. he beat me back in the day before i finished my team. now he cant beat me, but he does give as good as he gets, frequently bringing me down to only two pokemon. and i can school him on strategy, ROFLMAO on giving gyarados a dubious disc.

Sun May 02, 2010 12:05 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

tpain46 wrote:
Gym Theme: Sandstorm

Gym Type: Singles

Pokemon

Tyranitar w/ focus sash

Mamoswine w/ soft sand

Aerodacyl w/ rock insense

Rhyperior w/ passho berry

Torterra w/leftovers

wild card: Dusknoir w/ spooky plate

Sorry I already have the sandstorm team, plus I've already test battled and won.

Sun May 02, 2010 1:41 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

and the psychic team is officially taken as well, as i test battled and won, too. and now im working on the badge. :D

Sun May 02, 2010 2:39 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I'M THE OFFICIAL BADGE MAKER. I'M THE ART GUY. YOU SHOULD BE PM-ING EMIN JOFIT YOUR BADGE DESIGN FOR APPROVAL SO HE CAN SEND IT TO ME FOR FINALIZATION.

sorry about the outburst

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sun May 02, 2010 4:54 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

im sorry, but i dont understand, mektar. what do you mean by badge design? would that not be just making the badge?

Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Let me clarify. Mektar, I've been telling people after their test battles to come up with their own badge deisgns and send them to me so I can forward them to you to make into actual badges. Ryder, your job isn't to create a badge for the site, per se, but rather to draw up a design and send me a picture of what you want as your badge. Then Mektar, our Official Badge Maker will create a digital image to put in your signature. So, and this goes for everyone, just draw out a cool little desing in p MS Paint or Photoshop or on a napkin or whatever the hell pleases you and send it to me. This goes for everyone who has test battled.

@Ryder: I know plenty of the potential leaders could be "vouched for" by friends who've battled them. That's great and all, but he still has to participate in a test battle with me so I know how he handles his Gym Theme.

@ichyban: SPEEL CHEQUE. I'm pretty sure there's a rule in the original post about clear and legible applications as a must. Please edit your original post, and then we can battle sometime. And speaking of original posts

@R_R: Thanks for editing that for me. I'm sure it'll make things much easier for newer members. And whenever you get the chance, can you add on any new comers as they appear? Thanks.

@tpain46: As /vXv\ stated, he already has claim over the Sandstorm Gym. There cannot be any duplicate gyms, so if you want to participate you must come up with another theme.

I'll be cutting off the applications soon, as we're getting quite the group of people interested in participating and as I mentioned before I don't want too large of a group or else it will take forever to set anything up.

I hope that clears up everything for everyone.

Mon May 03, 2010 2:01 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

So I test battled today and passed. Say hello to the official unofficial Electric Gym leader. (:

Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader.

PM me for a casual battle or for the Gym Badge once the League is up.

Sat May 08, 2010 2:34 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yup, he's battled and his team checks out. I'd like to think I put up a good fight, but I'm not too sure. If I had the right TMs I'd be able to finish up my second team and maybe do a little more damage to some people...

P.S. Does anyone know if we can get this stickied? I don't know how one goes about that, but I'd like for this not to get buried under the misplaced "rate my teem!11!1!!!" threads that pop up ever so often.

Sat May 08, 2010 7:04 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Emin Jofit wrote:
Yup, he's battled and his team checks out. I'd like to think I put up a good fight, but I'm not too sure. If I had the right TMs I'd be able to finish up my second team and maybe do a little more damage to some people...

P.S. Does anyone know if we can get this stickied? I don't know how one goes about that, but I'd like for this not to get buried under the misplaced "rate my teem!11!1!!!" threads that pop up ever so often.

You put up a good fight!

Sat May 08, 2010 7:30 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

would a rock type team bee allowed since there is a sandstorm team?

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Mon May 10, 2010 6:57 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Maybe but that Rock team shares 5/6 pokemon that are on my team so its not going to work
I realized that My current pallet of pokemon hasn't been posted entirely yet So Here it is

Theme: Sandstorm, Double Battles, 6 vs 6

Omastar {omastar} w/ Wide Lens
Regirock {regirock} w/ Muscle Band
Gliscor {gliscor} w/ Bright Powder
Claydol {claydol} w/ Leftovers
Metagross {metagross} w/ Life Orb
Lunatone {lunatone} w/Wise Glasses
Aerodactyl {aerodactyl} w/ Kings Rock
Bronzong {bronzong} w/ Silver powder
Shuckle {shuckle} w/ ???? Berry (Can't tell you that, it gives away too much info)
Nidoking {nidoking} w/ Black Sludge
Lucario {lucario} w/ Scope Lens
???? {slowpoke2} w/ Expert Belt

12 pokemon just like Emin Jofits Blue Teams
and all of them fit the requirements

Last edited by /vXv\ on Mon May 10, 2010 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 10, 2010 8:27 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I move to help speed things along, we need to set some dates. A date for badge design and a final due date for test battles.

Edit-This is what I would like to use as my badge. Image
I do not take credit, I was googling images and this one I like. I do not know who did it, but I do like it and its better than anything I could draw. So I am assuming Mektar that you can simplify it along with a resizement? If not I can doodle me up one.

Mon May 10, 2010 9:04 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

@King Erick: I'd rather try and keep the gyms as diverse as possible. I don't want to have sign-ups for a Sandstorm, Rock-type, and Ground-type gym because "techinaclly speaking" they are all different. So if you'd like to join, I must ask you to come up with a new team.

@/vXv\: Thanks very much for posting that. You can put those in whatever order you want now when you take on opponents.

@Shina: Yeah, I know I have to set dates here, but the thing is not everyone has test battled me yet. Some people have contacted saying they're ready when I'm not on and I haven't heard from them since. To that effect, I don't think I can just drop these people as we'll have a league of about 6 people or so. Plus, in the next month or so I'll be graduating high school, so I need to wait until all the fuss over commencement dies down before I can think much about our tournament, etc. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about this project it's just that my life gets more and more out-of-hand each day and I have trouble keeping up with everyone else. Once I have everyone tested and stuff, then we can move forward much more quickly. Plus, I've only had like two design submissions period (I'm guilty of not submitting yet, too).

If anyone sees any immediate problems or has any suggestions for the good of the order, don't be afraid to pst or PM me.

Wed May 12, 2010 1:59 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hey, do you need another gym leader? I could be one, I guess. If you don't I'll try at becoming champ, LOL. So...same team as i posted a long time ago. PM me for test battle availability, I guess.

Wed May 12, 2010 2:43 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Emin Jofit wrote:
Some people have contacted saying they're ready when I'm not on and I haven't heard from them since.

Hey, that's me!!!! Yay!!! I finally feel noticed!!! :D

No I'm just kidding, but yeah I'm ready for a test battle but I couldn't get to the computer last week because my aunt takes it on me. :( But I am ready.

Wed May 12, 2010 6:39 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well since two others have posted there entire stock of Pokemon, I might as well too.

Electric Type
{electivire} @ Expert Belt
{magnezone} @ Salac Berry
{raichu} @ Focus Sash
{lanturn} @ Leftovers
{zapdos} @ Choice Specs
{jolteon} @ Choice Specs
{raikou} @ Life Orb
{ampharos} @ Leftovers

& The Standout Pokemon on my team, well that will be a surprise.

Fri May 14, 2010 6:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 528 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 22  Next