It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 528 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 22  Next
 Unofficial PsyPoke Gym League: SIGN UPS ARE CLOSED 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I like the idea of having more than just eight gyms. Leaves it open and people are able to pick and choose to an extent which gym they want to face. As opposed to just eight where they have to fight someone they know they will probably be on the butt end of a butt whupping.

As for the tournament of a doubles team going against a singles team, I like the ideas that were put forth.

As for Latias -dew being Uber it is called Smogon. They know their word is pretty much the law of the land, so they just like to shake crap up as much as possible.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:08 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ugh, Sunday? I started getting my team together pretty recently.... Then again, you can start off with out me and I'll join in a few weeks when I'm finished.

FC:
5414 2352 1981 (Soul Silver)
4642 7245 1078 (White 2)

Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:22 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I made ribbons for the three ranks,

and a sample League Card.

They have the trainer sprite, name, obtained badges, ribbon rack, and FC for each participant. I'll manage the Hall of Fame Thread, with info on all the challengers, not just the Hall of Famers. That is, if you let me.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:26 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Mektar wrote:

Nice badges! But wit be possible to make something like the following for the trainer card:

Obviously this is a very bad example, especially in colors, but the layout is standard. We would need to add more spaces for badges, and you could make it more unique with a Psypoke background.

Those cards are really easy to make once you have all the files (pokemon, trainers, and badges with transparent backgrounds). I even started a program to make those once but didn't have time to get good images for all the pokemon. Plus, they look more official.

Mektar wrote:
I'll manage the Hall of Fame Thread, with info on all the challengers, not just the Hall of Famers. That is, if you let me.

Actually, if I end up making a program to store data on challengers (and possibly generate trainer cards), the program will be able to generate the hall of fame thread as well. So the program administrator (not necessarily me) should make the thread.

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:01 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I like the league card idea, Mektar. Could use a little more color, if you ask me, but that's something you can just have fun with. Sion I like your card idea, too, but it seems too similar to the other trainer cards people have throughout the site. It doesn't catch the eye as much, if you know what I mean.

@Legendary Tamer: I wrote you a message if you scroll up a little.

@Sion9: Can you tell me a little more about this program server thing you want to set up?

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:08 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Emin Jofit wrote:

@Legendary Tamer: I wrote you a message if you scroll up a little.

I saw that. But I want to stick with the team I currently posted ( - {lugia} and {ho-oh} + {alakazam} and {tyranitar}

^Link to mah shop. Click it.^

Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:24 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Emin Jofit wrote:
@Sion9: Can you tell me a little more about this program server thing you want to set up?

This would take a lot to setup, but it's possible to have a program that updates the hall of fame and images sigs in real time. All signature trainer cards must link to images on the server; and the hall of fame thread links to an HTML page on the server. Then gym leaders can update outcomes of challenges using a client, and the program will update trainer cards with the appropriate badges and modify the HTML hall of fame page. Those changes will be immediately reflected when users refresh the page.

Legendary Tamer wrote:
But I want to stick with the team I currently posted ( - {lugia} and {ho-oh} + {alakazam} and {tyranitar}

I mean no offense, but you don't seem ready to play pokemon competitively - which is required for gym leaders.

Shinies

Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:31 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

This one looks much better:

The colors fit the site. The only things that will change for each challenger are the badges (all black for unobtained ones), Name, FC, Team, and Ribbon.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:37 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Sion. My team is 70+ is that good? and Alakazam is level 85. How's that for you?

^Link to mah shop. Click it.^

Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:43 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Mektar wrote:

The colors fit the site. The only things that will change for each challenger are the badges (all black for unobtained ones), Name, FC, Team, and Ribbon.

Looking a lot better! I'll try to find an image background that fits Psypokes; but at least it has color now.

Does the following look any better?

It was made in Word in 2 min so you could do much better...it's just an example of a background without solid colors; we could even have a picture background.

I still think that unobtained badges shouldn't appear on there; what if gyms are added? then do we have to add unobtained badges to ]b]every[/b] card? But if we only include the obtained badges (order doesn't matter) it will be a lot easier.

Legendary Tamer wrote:
Sion. My team is 70+ is that good? and Alakazam is level 85. How's that for you?

Thank you for proving my suspicions. Anyone who is experienced in competitive battling would not use levels as an indicator of strength. (In fact, levels are auto-raised to 100 on wifi). You should read Smogon articles on competitive battling. If you think you have a team, post it (or PM it to me if you don't want to reveal movesets) in the standard form (see below). And don't forget to drop the ubers, we're playing in OU.

Pokemon @ Item
Nature EVs/EVs/...
Ability (if necessary)
Move1
Move2
Move3
Move4

Shinies

Last edited by Sion9 on Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:20 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Just wondered, are we (gym leaders) able to challenge others? if so i think we should each have our own specialized cards. just on a side note

Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:25 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Mektar wrote:

How will the banner support large pokemon sprites (Snorlax, Steelix, Wailord)

Otherwise I like it :)

Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:31 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Tah-Da!

It won't get any bettaer that this. Tan doesn't seem to fit the site theme, Sion9.

Mektar out.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:41 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Mektar, that's fantastic. I love that template. If we can use this, we certainly are. It's just awesome.

@Sion9: I'm still kinda skeptical about this program. Is it reliable? And who needs to manage it? Sorry for the questions, but I know absolutely nothing about computer sciences.

@Legendary Tamer: I get that you want to use that first team, but diversity is not a theme. Someone else already tried that and was declined. Use a set theme and submit your application in the correct format.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:28 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Sorry for not replying in a while, but I read EP's post and I just got thinking on an argument for Krisp to show that we REALLY need a sub forum. Well I'm going to reference other sites and state that it will be highly unorganized if we do not have our own sub forum, and heck, we could even make it the OFFICIAL Psypoke Gym League am I right?

Emin, I've been meaning to ask you, why haven't we argued for it to become Official?

Also, EP, Sion, Emin, Chef, and Mektar, do you think that we could pull out an argument and show Krisp that we could use a sub forum, because I really don't want to put all this time into coming up with a successful argument and then come to find nobody will back me up on with said argument.

Note that I only listed the last 4 people that I noticed post before me, as well as EP. That does not mean that other leaders cannot put their opinions forward. So all other leaders feel free to throw your opinion in as well.

Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader.

PM me for a casual battle or for the Gym Badge once the League is up.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:46 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Yeah, We need a Sub-Forum. If Psypoke let something like ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD slide, then we're a shoe-in for a Sub-Forum.

Mektar out.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:34 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

TheKid wrote:
Sorry for not replying in a while, but I read EP's post and I just got thinking on an argument for Krisp to show that we REALLY need a sub forum. Well I'm going to reference other sites and state that it will be highly unorganized if we do not have our own sub forum, and heck, we could even make it the OFFICIAL Psypoke Gym League am I right?

Yes, I agree that we definitely need a sub-forum. Could Emin Jofit contact Krisp? You're pretty much running the league :)

Shinies

Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:58 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Sion9 wrote:
Yes, I agree that we definitely need a sub-forum. Could Emin Jofit contact Krisp? You're pretty much running the league :)

That's the thing, Emin already said he contacted Krisp with no reply.

Is there possibly somebody else we could talk to?

Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:23 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yeah, I've already PMed Krisp about making us a sub-forum with a very long argument, but I never got any reply...assuming it was a "No, and quit bugging me."

The reason we aren't Official is because they tried this before. Years ago they tried to make their own League here, but it failed quite miserably from what I've read. I read that whole thread and it just abruptly died . I think Shina is the only one still here who was actually a part of that, so he can fill us in with any other details if he sees fit.

When Nabkov first brought about this topiclast Fall, Registeel_Rocks and EvilPenguin jumped on it and supported us as they still do today (R_R just doesn't have internet access all of the time). They tried to get us administrator support, but they were skeptical because of the first run-through of this project and wouldn't back us up. Well, suffice to say we've gone exponentially more in-depth this time around and I don't really see why they won't support us. I haven't tried contacting any of the other admins because as far as I know they normally aren't around.

TheKid, I don't want to sound rude, but if anyone's going to talk to our admins and argue for a sub-forum, it should definitely be me or one of our mods supporters (more than likely me). I can argue pretty much anything without making too much of an ass of myself. And I don't know who else I could talk to, since I don't ever see the other admins posting. Should I bug Frost, anyone?

Unrelated note, those of you who are trying to force your way into the Legue right now, hurry up and contact me for a battle! Otherwise I'm not going to let you in without fighting your way all through the League like a normal competitor will have to (depending on whether or not I allow competitors the opportunity to become Leaders).

Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:43 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: Just Northeast of the Almia region, at the top of the highest mounain.
I simply don't have enough Grass pokemon, and can't get them fast enough. How about a Third-Stage team? Gallade, Sceptile, etc.?

If so...

Sceptile@Dragon Fang
Leaf Blade
Giga Drain
Brick Break
Dragon Pulse

Gallade@Focus Band
Poison Jab
Psycho Cut
Brick Break
Leaf Blade

Typhlosion@Charcoal
Blast Burn
Flamethrower
Focus Blast
Lava Plume

Ampharos@Shell Bell
Signal Beam
Strength
Discharge
Some other special move

Alakazam@Leftovers?
Shadow Ball
Psychic
Psybeam
Recover

Aggron@Chople Berry
Double Edge
Iron Head
Iron Tail
Flamethrower

Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:56 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Um Lv 100 you basically have a diversity team... I see no gimmick or differentiation beside slapping on a title that fits most of the Pokemon used in OU.

@Emin
A sub-forum would defiantly allow the ball to move faster and smoother, I would definitely back people up. And sure why not, if Krisp hasn't answered than i see no reason why another admin shouldn't be consulted. I'd hope Frost wouldn't mind if it was put forward in a mature and logical way, tho i can't speak for anyone aside from myself...

Last edited by Ethereal Ice on Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:52 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

2 problems I see, Lv. 100 Sceptile:

1) Your theme is basically the same as "Diversity" you can use any Pokemon granted it has a thrid stage evolution. Whereas that is much more narrow than "Diversity" it's still much too broad a theme.
2) You don't need to post up entire movesets, and in fact you shouldn't. That lets everyone know what your strategy is and you can be easily countered/walled by the right person.

I'm not trying to be mean, but I'm going to ask you to come up with a new theme. I can offer some suggections for you to train if you want to be the Grass Gym Leader as per your original inquiry.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:55 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

You weren't being rude Emin, but I say you should ask Frost if Krisp doesn't budge. Heck invite them to check us out!

As I see it, Emin you've been doing a great job of putting and keeping this whole league together so there should be no reason we wouldn't be successful unless the traffic on the site drops.

That's right, I seem to remember somewhat of a League back when I first joined. Shouldn't have taken that 2 year hiatus from Psypoke.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:18 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hi guys!!! Just waiting in the background here being nice and quiet.

But you know you don't have to ask if I support you guys and will back you up, because I've been here since almost the beginning of this.

But I agree with the above about the sub-forum being a better way of organizing the League. A possible problem though, is someone would have to look after it, like the mods do all the time.

Btw, I love the ribbons for the cards. Mektar, if you could, (you don't have to), could you turn my badge into a ribbon with a moon please? All my pokemon that I'm using have ribbons on them so it would still match. :D

Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:50 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Mektar wrote:
Yeah, We need a Sub-Forum. If Psypoke let something like ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD slide, then we're a shoe-in for a Sub-Forum.

Seconded.

Psychic_Espeon_16 wrote:
But I agree with the above about the sub-forum being a better way of organizing the League. A possible problem though, is someone would have to look after it, like the mods do all the time.

It shouldn't need much moderating, as each leader will be watching over their own thread. But 1 or 2 would be needed to move/delete threads or posts.

You may be able to talk to Peanut-lover about this, as he's the site admin.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 528 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 22  Next