It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Suggestions for my Trick Room Team 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

This is my trick room team for competitive 2 vs. 2 battling.
Do not suggest any Pokemon substitutions...I only want to use these Pokemon...
Only suggest Movesets, Items, EV spreads, etc.
(Note: Can't suggest EV spread for Bronzong, Tyranitar, and Empoleon because I already EV trained them)

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 80 SDef
Sassy Nature
Ability: Levitate
- Trick room
- Extrasensory
- Light Screen
- Protect
Bronzong pretty much sets up trick room and light screen (to make up for my low Sp. Def. team) and he can possibly flinch people with extrasensory.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers Or Muscle Band (I don't like Choice items)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
Ability : Sandstream
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Ice Fang Or Protect
Tyranitar sets up a sand storm which also boost Sp. Def. (but only for the rock pokemon) and he's a good physical sweeper

Empoleon @ Leftovers Or Wise Glasses (Again, I don't like Choice items)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature
Ability: Torrent
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Protect
Empoleon is here because the rest of my team are physical sweepers and has more type coverage.

Regirock @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Relaxed Nature
Ability: Clear Body
- Stone Edge
- Hammer Arm
- Curse
- Explosion
Regirock uses curse to increase atk/def and when he loses speed, he actually gains speed while trick room is in effect. Explosion is used when he's done all he could (of course my other pokemon will use protect).

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 204 SDef / 52 Def
Relaxed Nature
Ability: Pressure
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-o-Wisp
- ThunderPunch or Pain Split
- Protect
Dusknoir is pretty much here to mess up physical sweepers and deal some damage himself. And also for his first priority move (just in case trick room is over).

Gliscor @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Sassy Nature
Ability: Sand Veil
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Protect
Gliscor can resist ground and electric. He has really good Def, and he's a good heracross counter. The problem I have with this guy is that he's probably too speedy for this team, any suggestions on how to make him really slow? because i really want to use gliscor.

Please help improve my team and Thank you in advance for your help!

Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:22 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

4 of your pokes get Special defense boost from Sandstorm so Reflect to Zong? Relaxed to nature and 0 Speed IV so he is slower than anything.

Life orb to Tyranitar. It gives power and Diversity. Pursuit for Ice fang, as you can KO Azelf switching out.

If you use Empoleon as sweeper, 252 SpAtt, 216 Spd 28 Hp, 12 Def. Modest and Petaya berry. Set would be Agility, Substitute, Syrf and Ice beam or Grass knot (Set by: Smogon).

Regirock seems Ok. Eq maybe an option over for Hammer arm, as Hammer arm only hits Normals, which aren't very common. Stone edge still dents Normals pretty hard. Careful nature.

WoW, Pain split, T-punch and Shadow sneak. You don't need protect as you are immune to Regis Xplosion anyway. 180 SpDef 76 Def and Max Hp in EVs.

Stealth Rock for Gliscor? Also this can be speedy, if Trick room wears out, you are in deep trouble if Zong is dead. EQ, Roost, Stone edge and Stealth Rock. Ability is already good. Impish nature.
(These sets are also from Smogon with little bit of editon)

Seems good.

If you have any problems with breeding, Egg moves, IV:s or EV:s, you can ask me. Feel free to ask other things related to competive battling.

Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:42 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hmm, actually only the Rock types get the Boost. I've been playing very well with this Bronzong:
{bronzong}
Nature: Careful/Impish
Item: Light Clay
EVs: 252 Hp, 252 Def
Moves:
~Reflect
~Light Screen
~Explosion
~Trick Room

A Noble Supporter that sacrifices itself for the greater Good. Tyranitar becomes very Powerful when you set up like this. Tankers become Fortresses, Sweepers become near unstoppable. It lasts quite long, enough for Tyranitar to Dragon Dance and Sweep, or other Pokemon who may need the Shield to set up properly. :wink:

Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:14 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

This seems like a half-hearted attempt, no offence.
It isn't really a trick room team if only one pokemon actually has trick room.
and that's a tank, designed to outlive the 5 goes trick room lasts for.
If you really want a trick room team, put it on more of them, and have -Speed natures all round.

Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:19 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Thank for all the tips.

I like the Bronzong you gave me, Sapphirath, but I don't know how to get the explosion TM.
Also, should I give my dusknoir trick room also? Just in case my trick room runs out?

And Koipen, I can't give my Tyranitar pursuit, because it's an egg move and I don't really want to EV train it again...
and Koipen, I was wondering why empoleon needs the speed EVs when its in a trick room party?

Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:34 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Again, if trick room wears out, you're in trouble. Turn after TR ends, Agility and you outspeed lots of things. Dusknoir can use also Trick room to.

If you have any problems with breeding, Egg moves, IV:s or EV:s, you can ask me. Feel free to ask other things related to competive battling.

Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:29 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Should I give my dusknoir trick room then?
and after that, I don't need speed EVs on anyone, because I they can't kill both my trick room setters that easily, am I right?

and i forgot to add, if i made my gliscor speedy, what should the EV spread look like?

Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]