It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Hitmonchan 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

So I'm poking around with my hitmonchan's moves, trying to make it better against walls and typical OU pokes..

My current
{hitmonchan} Hitmonchan
Adamant @ Muscle band. Iron fist
252ATK 200HP 56DEF
-Ice Punch
-Thunder Punch
-Close Combat
-Agility

BoltBeam + Fight is effective against everything but {shedinja}.
It works well but he can be walled by many OU walls and gets either KOed or switched out, losing an agility that his HP probably won't allow a turn to re-set up. and boltbeam is quite predictable.

I don't Plan on taking out Close combat (120 STAB) or Agility (necessary speed boost) so only the 1st two moves are swappable.

Moves I can give Hitmonchan

Fire Punch (90 power w/ Iron fist)
Ice Punch (90 power w/ Iron fist)
Thunder Punch (90 power w/ Iron fist)
Earthquake 100 power
Stone Edge 100 power 80% acc
Return 102 Power
Bullet/Mach Punch (48 power w/ Iron fist. Mach is STAB as well. A possible option if I take out agility)

At the moment I'm thinking of changing to Fire and Ice punch. it will OHKO {scizor} {forretress} and {garchomp} {salamence} {dragonite} as well as denting {skarmory} but it leaves him open to {slowking} {starmie} {tentacruel} and {grumpig}s w/ thick fat. All of which cept Cruel will KO hitmonchan easily. Also {gyarados} would be a problem.

Suggestions?

Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:01 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: Definately not dimension 12. No, you don't know about that one yet.
I say replace ice punch with fire punch. Electric and Ice have similar coverage, and it's not a good idea to take on Dragon types with a hitmonchan.

Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:27 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

When you have a stabbed Close Combat with 120 base power, you won't need Fire Punch or Thunder Punch for super effective hits on Pokemon. Stabbed close combat is as good as a Iron Fist Boosted Fire Punch on a Skarmory. The 3 remaining slots can be Earthquake/Stone Edge and Ice Punch. :)

Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:00 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Sapphirath wrote:
When you have a stabbed Close Combat with 120 base power, you won't need Fire Punch or Thunder Punch for super effective hits on Pokemon. Stabbed close combat is as good as a Iron Fist Boosted Fire Punch on a Skarmory. The 3 remaining slots can be Earthquake/Stone Edge and Ice Punch. :)

Yeah Close combat is his main move. The other punches/moves are only used if:

A. The opponent resists fight

B. The Other Moves hit 4x weakness. (Hence my current lean to fire/Ice)

Agility is a must for hitmonchan to hold a candle in OU environment otherwise he's out in 2 hits. Also CC is a bad idea on Skam if fire/thunder punch is available. none of the three moves will OHKO Skam and CC drops hitmonchan's DEF. leaving him open to fatal aerial ace.(Whereas if fire punch burns he has a chance to survive.)

Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]