It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 Espeon MoveSet (Is This OK? In-game and Maybe WiFi Battles) 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

{espeon}
Attract
Psychic
Psybeam / Calm Mind
Shadow Ball

Wifi is not in range in Philippines so maybe this moveset will be in-game purposes. If i had the chance i will post my whole team but, it seems there's a r8ing thread 4 those stuff but it's kinda dead, many teams there are left unr8ed.

^_^ Comments and Helpful Advices are Gr8ly Appreciated.

Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:17 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Psybeam is not needed when you have Psychic. It should work fine...Morning Sun can be a good alternative to Calm Mind as well. Anyway, we're using the same colour for our text...Azure.. :lol:

Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:26 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Sapphirath wrote:
Psybeam is not needed when you have Psychic. It should work fine...Morning Sun can be a good alternative to Calm Mind as well. Anyway, we're using the same colour for our text...Azure.. :lol:

Hey ur right! XD I guess ur fav color is also blue? ^_^ Thanks 4 the Advice. Recover would be nice 4 Espeon un4tun8ly it can't learn it. and i was thinking of a dream eater espeon but i found no moves compatible to espeon that will make the pokemon asleep in a pinch. I hope someone will r8 my team in the r8ing thread. ^_^

anyways, thanks again.

Oh, and BTW, i just added psybeam because psychic can be easily used all up because it has only 10 pp, i thought psybeam would be a common attck 4 me if i ever encountered a low lvl trainer in game so i can save my psychic for all the other high lvls. That is, if the pokecenter is far away.

Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:08 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yup, Azure is my Favourite colour. :wink: Actually, you can just get a lot of leppa berries and you won't need to worry about PP. In In-game Psybeam is great, but for WiFi battles Morning Sun would be much better. :)

Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:35 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Sapphirath wrote:
Yup, Azure is my Favourite colour. :wink: Actually, you can just get a lot of leppa berries and you won't need to worry about PP. In In-game Psybeam is great, but for WiFi battles Morning Sun would be much better. :)

Oh, so Azure is its name. Actually, I just like all that's blue. ^_^

Maybe battle tower is the only thing i can participate in. I don't think WiFi can be accesed here without a USB connector to the DS. thanks again.

How about this one:

{glaceon}
Ice Beam
Ice Shard / Taunt / Reflect
Ice Fang / Avalanche
Water Pulse / Hail

Do you think this will pass?

Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:51 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Try this:
{glaceon}
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 Hp & Sp. Atk
Item: Occa/Chople berry
Moves:
~Fake Tears/Attract
~Ice Beam/Blizzard(If you're using a Hail Team)
~Shaow Ball/Hp (Fighting/Electric)
~Wish

{glaceon} doesn't have the Speed or tanking abilities to Taunt/Hail/Reflect properly. Neither does it have the attack to use Avalanche or Ice Shard. This set ensures survivability to deal as much damage as possible...even to Special walls like Blissey. Hmm...actually u just need a compatible router to access WiFi anywhere...did you try that?
:wink:

Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:03 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

77gash77 wrote:
Sapphirath wrote:

Hey ur right! XD I guess ur fav color is also blue? ^_^ Thanks 4 the Advice. Recover would be nice 4 Espeon un4tun8ly it can't learn it. and i was thinking of a dream eater espeon but i found no moves compatible to espeon that will make the pokemon asleep in a pinch. I hope someone will r8 my team in the r8ing thread. ^_^

anyways, thanks again.

Oh, and BTW, i just added psybeam because psychic can be easily used all up because it has only 10 pp, i thought psybeam would be a common attck 4 me if i ever encountered a low lvl trainer in game so i can save my psychic for all the other high lvls. That is, if the pokecenter is far away.

About the part where you said there no moves compatable for sleeping, there's Yawn.

Yawn can give you and extra chance of boost Calm Mind on next turn before dealing major damage and of course it's stronger than Psychic.

Though the back firing part is that either the movesets has to be

- Psychic
- Dream Eater
- Calm Mind
- Yawn

(bad side when facing dark types)
or

- Dream Eater
- Calm Mind
- Yawn
- Shadow Ball

(bad side if the opponents switch a lot and resist Shadow Ball easily / has a Normal-type tank recovery)

Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:19 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Sapphirath wrote:
Try this:
{glaceon}
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 Hp & Sp. Atk
Item: Occa/Chople berry
Moves:
~Fake Tears/Attract
~Ice Beam/Blizzard(If you're using a Hail Team)
~Shaow Ball/Hp (Fighting/Electric)
~Wish

{glaceon} doesn't have the Speed or tanking abilities to Taunt/Hail/Reflect properly. Neither does it have the attack to use Avalanche or Ice Shard. This set ensures survivability to deal as much damage as possible...even to Special walls like Blissey. Hmm...actually u just need a compatible router to access WiFi anywhere...did you try that?
:wink:

One Question: how do you make the EVs of {glaceon} 252 HP? and Sp Attack? I have no idea in those EV/DV/IV things... but i have read the guide but still can't understand it. Gonna Try EV training my {espeon} for speed and Sp Attack Nature: Hasty. i don't know where's the best place to train EVs other than the one in the psypokes guide so i'll just follow theirs. But its gonna take a lot of work to get it to 252 HP and Sp Attack, cuz the highest EVs given by the monsters is only 2. and i have no BPs yet to exchange for those bracelets.

Oh, and BTW the nature of {glaceon} is Impish - BAD ^_^

Shadow~Jolteon~XD wrote:
77gash77 wrote:
Sapphirath wrote:

anyways, thanks again.

About the part where you said there no moves compatable for sleeping, there's Yawn.

Yawn can give you and extra chance of boost Calm Mind on next turn before dealing major damage and of course it's stronger than Psychic.

Though the back firing part is that either the movesets has to be

- Psychic
- Dream Eater
- Calm Mind
- Yawn

(bad side when facing dark types)
or

- Dream Eater
- Calm Mind
- Yawn
- Shadow Ball

(bad side if the opponents switch a lot and resist Shadow Ball easily / has a Normal-type tank recovery)

Oh, yeah i forgot yawn, but i meant moves which can put pokemon to sleep in a pinch, like hypnosis. cuz yawn can be switched out b4 it even gets to sleep.

Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:32 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ok, maybe just to smummarize the basics about EVs/IVs.
1st thing to take note of: you can train for EVs, but IVs/DVs remain the same no matter what.

IVs/DVs:
IVs/DVs are randomly generated for each Pokemon when it hatches from an Egg or when you capture it. They are just like stats, meaning 1 IVs/DVs in Atk will give you an additional 1 Point to your base attack. 2 will be 2 and so on and so forth. The maximum IVs/DVs a Pokemon can have for a stat is 31, the minimum is 0; so it's best to get a Pokemon with the highest IVs in the appropriate stats. For example, a Sweeper would be in top shape if it has 31 IVs in Speed and Attack/Special Attack because as a Sweeper, it'll need all the Speed and Attacking stats in can get. This is usually aquired through breeding or IV breeding to be exact. 31 is A Lot, so it's always wise to aquire Pokemon with high IVs before you start training it.

EVs:

EVs or Effort Values are like IVs/DVs in a sense because they too can add on to your Pokemon's base stats. The main difference being the amount of stat gains from EVs can be changed, unlike IVs/DVs because you get them from defeating Pokemon. EVs, unlike IVs/DVs, do not work in a way where you get 1 stat for 1 EVs. In fact, every 4 EVs only gives you 1 stat increase for that particular stat. EVs, like the stats of a Pokemon, are classified into Atk, Sp. Atk, Def, Sp. Def, Hp & Spd. The maximum EVs you can aquire for a particular stat is 252, which translates into a max of +63 for that particular stat. However, the Total overall amount of EVs a Pokemon can get is only 510. Meaning you can only have a total overall of +126 for your Pokemon's stats from EVs. Also, 1 important thing to take note of is that the bonuses from EVs can only be gained when your Pokemon levels up, which means EV training at lvl 100 is impossible.

How to get EVs:

You get EVs from defeating Pokemon, or feeding health drinks like Protein to your Pokemon. Pokemon can give up to a Maximum of 3 EVs upon defeat. This 3 EVs may be for different stats, or they can be for 1 stat only. For example, defeating a Dragonite will give your Pokemon 3 EVs in its Attack. Of course, some Pokemon only give 1 or 2 EVs, but it's always best to EV train on Pokemon who give 3 EVs for that particular stat you want EVs to improve on. Health Drinks increase the EVs of a Pokemon's particular stat by 10 each time you feed 1. 1 Carbos will give 10 EVs for a Pokemon's speed each time you use it. However, you can only gain a maximum of 100 EVs for a stat through that way, meaning you can only feed a Pokemon a maximum 10 Carbos, anymore won't have any effect.

You know where to EV train right? So I guess I just need to explain how to max the 252 EVs. Feed 10 Calciums before you start EV training for Sp. Atk...it'll lessen your burden as you'll be left with only 152 more to train for. Don't have the bracelets? Than use a Macho Brace. Gives you twice the amount of EVs you gain from defeating Pokemon. Also, try to get your Pokemon to catch the Pokerus, the "virus" which again doubles the number of EVs you get from defeating Pokemon. These 2 factors will make the number of EVs you gain from a Pokemon who normally gives 2 Evs to give 8 EVs. With that, the number of that particular Pokemon you need to defeat would be 152/8 which is only 19. If you can't get the Pokerus, you'll need to defeat 152/4 which is 38 of the Pokemon that gives 2 EVs.

Also, Espeon is a Special Sweeper. It needs all the Speed and Sp. Atk it can get. So 252 in Spd rather than Hp will be better. All these are based on the assumption that your Espeon currently has 0 EVs completely. If you have EVs in other stats besides Sp. Atk and Spd, I suggest you remove those EVs by feeding your Espeon EVs reducing berries. :wink:

Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:05 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

^

Now that's what i call CRYSTAL CLEAR! I get it now. But How will i know when to stop feeding {espeon} EV-reducing berries? Or is it possible if i breed another espeon and EV train it when he's lvl 1?

Here's the Stats of {espeon}:

Nature: HASTY

HP (Actual HP): 115/115
Attack: 66
Defense: 50
Special Attack: 113
Special Defense: 93
Speed: 116

Am I gonna stop feeding {espeon} Pomeg Berries when his HP is down to 31? or other stats are down to 31? Pomeg is the only EV-reducing berries i have so far. I don't know where's others can be located.

BTW, Thanks so much 4 ur help! I'm glad there are people here in this 4ums like u. ^_^

Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:21 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ok, so you don't mind breeding for another 1 then? Cos it'll be much much better if you can breed a Timid one with high IVs in Speed and Special Attack. Anyway, you'll know when the EVs has been reduced to zero because it'll say the particular stat can't be lowered or something like that. You can find out what the berries are in the berry guides section.

BTW I think I confused you a little bit. IVs/DVs are like stats yes, but they are not related to your Pokemon's base stats. For example, a Lvl 100 Pokemon with 0 EVs has 300 as its base stat. IVs/DVs are randomly generated between 0 to 31 and are added to the base stats, giving you the final stats. If this Pokemon was born with 1 IVs/DVs in its Sp. Atk, it's attack will be 300+1. Likewise, if it was born with 31 IVs/DVs in its Sp. Atk, it's Sp. Atk will be 300+31, which is 331. If you add 252 EVs, it'll become 394. This is how Pokemon stats are generated. :)

Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:00 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Sapphirath wrote:
Ok, so you don't mind breeding for another 1 then? Cos it'll be much much better if you can breed a Timid one with high IVs in Speed and Special Attack. Anyway, you'll know when the EVs has been reduced to zero because it'll say the particular stat can't be lowered or something like that. You can find out what the berries are in the berry guides section.

BTW I think I confused you a little bit. IVs/DVs are like stats yes, but they are not related to your Pokemon's base stats. For example, a Lvl 100 Pokemon with 0 EVs has 300 as its base stat. IVs/DVs are randomly generated between 0 to 31 and are added to the base stats, giving you the final stats. If this Pokemon was born with 1 IVs/DVs in its Sp. Atk, it's attack will be 300+1. Likewise, if it was born with 31 IVs/DVs in its Sp. Atk, it's Sp. Atk will be 300+31, which is 331. If you add 252 EVs, it'll become 394. This is how Pokemon stats are generated. :)

Yup i don't mind until i get an Timid {eevee}. Ok now i get it. Cuz i find it a bit hard to find ALL those berries and lower each stat. And i have 2 w8 until the next batch of berries appears and then lower them again. So is it ok if i EV train a lvl 1 eevee? How about if i use this method:

Battle starts w/ {espeon} holding a Macho Brace
Swiches To another Pokemon
Defeats Foe {magikarp}
*Repeat Again 5 times for the 6 magikarps One Trainer has*
Battle Ends

Will espeon still have 2 EVs for each magikarp? Cuz one 4umer said there was a trainer with 6 magikarps. And also i'll try to get the pokerus if i can. ^_^

Oh and BTW i have another query. If i feed espeon 10 Speed-Boosting Vitamins, will it still have room for 10 SpecialAttack-Boosting Vitamins? (sorry 4got the names ^_^)

Just breeded 6 Eggs and here's the outcome:

Quiet - Now lvl 30 cuz it inherited attract and shadow ball so i used it as the primary breeder
Sassy :(
Quirky :(
Rash - would this be ok? +Spc Attck -Spc Def
Brave :(
Naughty :(

Not even 1 timid... ^_^ i guess i'll stick to EV reduction...

Thanks a lot for the effort to help me out! ^_^

Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:25 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hmmm, you know, I think it'll be better if you level it up a bit 1st. Switching in and out like this is really tideous. You can try fighting wild Staravias/Floatzels for Spd and wild Abras/Kadabras for Sp. Atk. But in order to this this easily, Espeon should be at least lvl 30. You need to be able to OHKO any of these Pokemon you see.

For your question, yes you can feed 10 Carbos after you feed Espeon 10 calciums. This is because the EVs gained from this Vitamins are separated. You can feed a maximum of 10 Vitamins of a particular type to a Pokemon and another 10 of a different type; so on and so forth until you reach the cap of 510 EVs. Just remember this, you can use up to 10 vitamins PER stat.

To breed a Timid one, it'll be best if you capture 1 Timid Ditto to be one of the parents and you must give it an Everstone. This can be found under the breeding section in this website. Anyway, to catch a Timid Ditto easily, you can get someone with the Synchronize ability and has the Timid nature to be your 1st Pokemon when looking for the Ditto. Chances of the ditto being Timid will be a lot higher. :wink:

Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:20 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Sapphirath wrote:
Hmmm, you know, I think it'll be better if you level it up a bit 1st. Switching in and out like this is really tideous. You can try fighting wild Staravias/Floatzels for Spd and wild Abras/Kadabras for Sp. Atk. But in order to this this easily, Espeon should be at least lvl 30. You need to be able to OHKO any of these Pokemon you see.

For your question, yes you can feed 10 Carbos after you feed Espeon 10 calciums. This is because the EVs gained from this Vitamins are separated. You can feed a maximum of 10 Vitamins of a particular type to a Pokemon and another 10 of a different type; so on and so forth until you reach the cap of 510 EVs. Just remember this, you can use up to 10 vitamins PER stat.

To breed a Timid one, it'll be best if you capture 1 Timid Ditto to be one of the parents and you must give it an Everstone. This can be found under the breeding section in this website. Anyway, to catch a Timid Ditto easily, you can get someone with the Synchronize ability and has the Timid nature to be your 1st Pokemon when looking for the Ditto. Chances of the ditto being Timid will be a lot higher. :wink:

Oh ok. Is Rash also a good nature 4 espeon? just thinking. ^_^ and BTW thanks again! learned another knowledge this night. And just captured Heatran. ^_^ 3 ultra balls did the trick. :)

I'll try finding another ditto 2morow. then the day after 2morow classes start. ^_^ no pokemon until weekends. :(

Oh! I need 2 ask u something... How can i lvl up a timid {eevee} w/o EV spreading in the wrong stats? use an exp share and battle Golducks at resort area??? And do you know other places psychic can be found?? i used the one found on route 211 on my current espeon... is there any other way to get another psychic TM? a tutor maybe?

Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:37 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Nope Rash isn't the choice when you have Timid. The basics you should know about Sweepers is that they are almost always Timid for Special Move users or Jolly for Physical Move users.

Leveling up babies are quite hard when you don't have EVs reducing berries. Hmm....Exp Share is a good choice when it comes to training weak Pokemon...the best place should be to Surf on Resort area to train on Golducks. Doing this will help you gain EVs as well so you might want to take note on the number you defeated. You don't need a table to note this down. Just make sure you use a strong Pokemon that can 1HKO these Golduck with any of its 4 moves. Just count the total amount of PP your Pokemon used at the end of the day and you will find out exactly how many you KOed.

For Psychic, you can exchange it at the Veilstone Game Corner for 10 000 coins, which translates into 200 000 "dollars" if you plan to buy all the coins. (Which is the fastest way.) :wink:

Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:17 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Sapphirath wrote:
Nope Rash isn't the choice when you have Timid. The basics you should know about Sweepers is that they are almost always Timid for Special Move users or Jolly for Physical Move users.

Leveling up babies are quite hard when you don't have EVs reducing berries. Hmm....Exp Share is a good choice when it comes to training weak Pokemon...the best place should be to Surf on Resort area to train on Golducks. Doing this will help you gain EVs as well so you might want to take note on the number you defeated. You don't need a table to note this down. Just make sure you use a strong Pokemon that can 1HKO these Golduck with any of its 4 moves. Just count the total amount of PP your Pokemon used at the end of the day and you will find out exactly how many you KOed.

For Psychic, you can exchange it at the Veilstone Game Corner for 10 000 coins, which translates into 200 000 "dollars" if you plan to buy all the coins. (Which is the fastest way.) :wink:

Ok, Thanks again

Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:51 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

here's my fave {espeon} moveset:

{espeon} @ focus sash
modest
252spd 252sp atk 6hp
calm mind
charm/double team
baton pass
psychic

The streched triangle
2 hearts
the face that looks like it's in pain
a diamond
a club
and a musical note

if you don't understand this, look at my avitar thingy.

Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]