It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Should the Battle tower's rating center be scrapped/remade? 

What do you think the mods should do with the rating center?
Leave it as it is. 25%  25%  [ 6 ]
Scrap it, allow everyone here to rate teams in separate threads 38%  38%  [ 9 ]
Make a new rating center thread, and elect new raters. 38%  38%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 24

Should the Battle tower's rating center be scrapped/remade? 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I ask this since that is the thread is where many of the new forums users go to welcome themselves and see how they match up. However the thread is now mostly dead and ignored. As of the last month only 3 of the 22 raters are still even active on this forum, with pages of rate requests backed up. So I ask.

Should the mods?

Leave it as is.

Scrap the thread and allow everyone here to rate posted teams.

Make a new rating center thread and with the help of the current raters induct more people onto the rating team.

I ask this simply because it's been irritating me lately.

Wed May 14, 2008 5:22 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I think it should leave as it is, I'll try to make effort to post in that topic but I won't be posting my best team. I kinda use teams from # 1-493 and that includes a mixture of Butterfree, Beedrill, Unown, etc. with strong pokemon.

Wed May 14, 2008 9:36 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I feel like a rating center is unecessary. Why can we each just post our teams and get them rated in a thread? In the thread name we can just type RMT: (insert rest of thread name here). It would be much easier, and anyone could help out.

Thu May 15, 2008 5:53 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I think that's a bad idea, Zenrot.
Because then we would end up with more than 100 threads.

I think you should remake it. There are a lot of pages.

Thu May 15, 2008 6:04 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Whats wrong with having alot of threads? Or in a simple solution we can ask the mods to make a subforum. The subforum can have RMT posts, and the normal forum can stay as it is.

Thu May 15, 2008 6:24 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

That sounds better. Then they are all in one.

Thu May 15, 2008 7:13 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Yeah. It wouldn't be that hard to manage, and it guarentee's faster responses and more than just one response that may get overlooked.

Thu May 15, 2008 8:39 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

A subforum really sounds like a good idea...

I wanna get my team rated! :(

Thu May 15, 2008 9:41 pm
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

I don't see a problem with letting people make post asking for Ratings. To be honest, the traffic on this site is rather.... slow, so there wouldn't be an overflow of post asking for ratings or anything.

The current rating center is so grossly ignored it's not even remotely funny. I don't see what the harm would be to allow people to ask for ratings in post instead. Even the subforum idea is great, and would be much better and more efficent then the rating center.

That's my two cents on this subject

~ Face

"DERP I'M A DUMBASS :B"

Fri May 16, 2008 10:55 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I went and I looked at the rating thread (last page) and it looks pretty much dead. There's like 20 requests (not an accurate #), and only one rater has rated so far. He/she/it rated one team...19 more to go...yeah, something must be done about it. The proposed ideas seem good so far.

Sat May 17, 2008 3:03 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Woo hoo! 10 votes :P

For those who voted "Leave it as is" may I ask why you choose that?

Sun May 18, 2008 6:07 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I voted scrap it.

there is a forum i usually go too....
Marriland Forum... :lol:
It's good too...

Ok moving on...
There isn'tnothing like this rating center there...
It works like this...

There are several subforums there...
there's one for battle request,trade request and RMT...
There you just make a post with your
RMT...and i some time someone will rate...
There are many experienced trainers there but in other hand...
A lot og n00bs too... :?

But it looks like it works fine.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushin22
Watch,Comment,Rate and Enjoy! ^_^x

*Currently BUSY with real life,so i might take a while to respond messages or RMTs... Sorry,I might be back someday...*

Mon May 19, 2008 7:47 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I know, lets rate teams in this thread! They probably wouldn't ban...all of us...
But seriously, that sounds like a good idea Bushin.
Don't know how we'd set something like that up, though...

Tue May 20, 2008 9:54 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

modim_012 wrote:
I know, lets rate teams in this thread! They probably wouldn't ban...all of us...
But seriously, that sounds like a good idea Bushin.
Don't know how we'd set something like that up, though...

We could always make an "unoffical" rate thread...

Perhaps when I have some free time......

Wed May 21, 2008 6:18 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

If you ask me, this entire forum should realistically be dumped because PsyPoke has anywhere between zero and one competitive battling experts.

Thu May 22, 2008 7:32 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

You don't need to be an "expert" to give good advice. No complete nubs who say "dragonites should always have hyper beam!?!?!??!1111" But plenty of people are capable of giving good advice. Bushin and Sapphirath (to name two I usually see) always help with teams, and I would be willing to help whenever possible also. And Im sure there are other people who are able to help and just havent shown anything because only "official" raters (who don't even post in the rating thread anymore) are allowed to rate. Just try it out and see how it goes.

Thu May 22, 2008 8:00 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Frost wrote:
If you ask me, this entire forum should realistically be dumped because PsyPoke has anywhere between zero and one competitive battling experts.

Honestly, that's why I like this forum above any other Metagame forum. This place isn't packed with "experts" who reply with:

Hera weak.

or

Houndoom sucks use Heatran (or other OU poke)

As well as this place has a quite nice community and I rather like the slowness compared to other forums where if your rate/moveset question isn't answered in 30mins it's bumped into 2nd page oblivion.

And what exactly would you define as a being a competitive battling expert? Making good movesets and teams ain't exactly rocket science.. O_o (To me it's like making a good herb/spice blend :P)

Thu May 22, 2008 9:05 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I, whole-heartedly agree. It's nice to get advice from highly experienced/reknown players, but I don't see anything wrong with advice from the non-experts (I can't think of the right word). Afterall, we're talking about movesets and EVs (the stuff before a battle). If we're talking about in-game prediction and mindgames, I can see where expert advice might be more essential (experience).

Speaking of other forums, I've heard serebii has a bunch of A-Holes and absurd (unfair) hackers (it's what I heard...). Lol, check this video out if you haven't seen it already. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhHtKxepTX0 It's where a hacker gets his...butt handed to him.

Thu May 22, 2008 9:39 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Those are the hackers I hate most, and the one in the video is a noob hacker. What Pokemon's name has so many spaces behind? Lol. I don't really mind if they battle fairly, but Sheer Cold on a Machamp is :evil: :frustrated: If they want to play such unfair battles, then they should just play among themselves...not with normal people...

Anyway, the rating centre is there so that people can recieve good advice. You won't wanna recieve crap advice from noob people right? If everybody can rate, than the whole thing's gonna be super messy. Raters in the rating center had gone through a test before they're allowed to rate. So you can be assured that advice you get from official raters are worth your while. Letting everyone rate for you may be a faster choice, but it can easily confuse you and spark arguments. The rating center on the other hand, leaves little room for argument and chaos to take place...it may be slow...but if you're looking for good advice, that's the place.

I know many raters have stopped rating for some time...I'm guilty of it myself and I apologise...but what else is there to say? We can only urge you people to be patient while we buck up ourselves too.

Fri May 23, 2008 4:17 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

The point of a rate though, is ADVICE. It is up to the player himself wether or not to take the advice. If its poor advice, disregard it. We can have another rating test if need be (since I'm open to compromise between the two sides) but there are to few raters, and to many people needing a rate. Just try it out, It should be fine.

Fri May 23, 2008 6:48 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

FROST I GET IQ HALVING ADVICE FROM THIS FORUM

HOW IN THE WORLD COULD YOU EVER DELETE IT
??!?!?!?

Fri May 23, 2008 3:49 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Zenrot wrote:
The point of a rate though, is ADVICE. It is up to the player himself wether or not to take the advice. If its poor advice, disregard it. We can have another rating test if need be (since I'm open to compromise between the two sides) but there are to few raters, and to many people needing a rate. Just try it out, It should be fine.

That's the point, we don't want unwanted posts see? When someone posts an advice and you don't heed it, it's as good as a spam isn't it? If 10 people rate and you heed the advice of only 1, you get 9 unwanted posts. This will pile up everywhere as anyone can rate for you....it's gonna be too messy.
:?

Fri May 23, 2008 7:29 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

But 10 people wont rate the same team becaus they'll see the posts before them...

If there was a rule maybe, just 2 rates per team or somethin like that
and those who disobey lost the right to rate for a given amount of time
but other than people who broke this rule anybody could rate
wouldn't it work out better then the current center, which has about one rated team for every twenty requests?

Fri May 23, 2008 8:20 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Sapphirath wrote:
Zenrot wrote:

That's the point, we don't want unwanted posts see? When someone posts an advice and you don't heed it, it's as good as a spam isn't it? If 10 people rate and you heed the advice of only 1, you get 9 unwanted posts. This will pile up everywhere as anyone can rate for you....it's gonna be too messy.
:?

True, but that works both ways, if you have nub raters posting you get some spam/wtf movesets and advice, but if you have just "experts" posting then you get very little out-of-the-box or unique movesets and non-standard competitive play strategies. And besides, nub raters gotta learn to become experts somewhere :P

Sat May 24, 2008 4:07 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, I don't see why the administrators would want to create so much trouble for themselves....messy is bad...no matter how you put it. Remade maybe...but allowing everyone to rate will cause Pandemonium in the threads. :?

Sun May 25, 2008 12:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next