It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Should the Battle tower's rating center be scrapped/remade? 

What do you think the mods should do with the rating center?
Leave it as it is. 25%  25%  [ 6 ]
Scrap it, allow everyone here to rate teams in separate threads 38%  38%  [ 9 ]
Make a new rating center thread, and elect new raters. 38%  38%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 24

Should the Battle tower's rating center be scrapped/remade? 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Sapphirath wrote:
Those are the hackers I hate most, and the one in the video is a noob hacker. What Pokemon's name has so many spaces behind? Lol. I don't really mind if they battle fairly, but Sheer Cold on a Machamp is :evil: :frustrated: If they want to play such unfair battles, then they should just play among themselves...not with normal people...

Anyway, the rating centre is there so that people can recieve good advice. You won't wanna recieve crap advice from noob people right? If everybody can rate, than the whole thing's gonna be super messy. Raters in the rating center had gone through a test before they're allowed to rate. So you can be assured that advice you get from official raters are worth your while. Letting everyone rate for you may be a faster choice, but it can easily confuse you and spark arguments. The rating center on the other hand, leaves little room for argument and chaos to take place...it may be slow...but if you're looking for good advice, that's the place.

I know many raters have stopped rating for some time...I'm guilty of it myself and I apologise...but what else is there to say? We can only urge you people to be patient while we buck up ourselves too.

LOL...
I just seen the video now...
That's was the most NOOB Hacked team i've ever seen... :lol:

BTW comming back to topic...
Now something that you don't see everyday...
I agree with Sapphirath ( :shock: !) ...
i kind that gave a suggestion that worked on marriland's,but...
it's not the same here...
Really there should be a rule on rating center like...
don't post standard teams...
like the Standard you can see on Shoddy/Smogon/Standard Movesets thread/whatever...

Rate only ORIGINAL teams or Pokémons...since the standard...

I'm not too much concerned about it,since i stoped using the RC,but there are some people(a lot of...)
that still use it,so i can at least give an opinion...

Oh well...Good luck people...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushin22
Watch,Comment,Rate and Enjoy! ^_^x

*Currently BUSY with real life,so i might take a while to respond messages or RMTs... Sorry,I might be back someday...*

Sun May 25, 2008 10:37 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

NOOO THE TOPIC MUST NOT DIE!!!!

well that was a little overboard
but i want my team rated and if i post it in the rating center then thats never going to happen
so whatever we do we have to do something...
and how do you guys know that noob raters (that's me :D ) are going to screw everything up if nobody's tried it yet?
the worst that could happen is that it would get out of hand and we'd have to try something else
its not like the whole FORUM will die if it doesnt work...

Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:29 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I want my team to be rated too, but I haven't seen a rating since April. It's really vexing. I tried putting my team onto a new thread, so I could get at least some responses, but no one even bothers to post. It's very annoying, when you put the time into writing (typing) something and having it simply ignored. I mean, some other threads like mine got advice. :frustrated: Besides, I certainly learn things when someone rates another team, so it's not wasted either. By fixing one, you can teach five other onlookers. At least, that's how I see it.

The downside is if you get bad, or unuseful advice. The one post I got in my thread turned out to be rather unhelpful (well, it was actually 50/50ish). Some of his advice were...questionable. Then again, we wouldn't have to resort to such means if the rating thread wasn't so dead.

Maybe like a mandatory rating at the beginning/middle/end of the month?

Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:28 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Well i maen you cant FORCE people to rate teams, that would encourage people to just not go online for a period of 5 days or so to ditch the mandatory rating. Plus it would suck the fun out of rating the teams by making it required and people would get tired of rating altogether. then wed have it almost as bad as we do now, with no rates since april (and that was the first rate in months itself if i remember right). No, I think we should open up a new rating subforum and allow rating from everyone just to see how it turns out. i mean if you see somebody giving someone else bad advice you could always post after them to correct it. like wikipedia, people could work together to get rid of the truly craptastic advice and make something thats actually helpful.

EDIT: Definitely subfoum, it could get real crowded real quickly if nobody rates for even a few days and we'd get a snowball effect if we used a single thread, kinda like what we have now

Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:03 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

With so many teams wanting to get rates, I think some people get turned off from rating. Who can blame em? Letting everyone rate could ease the problem, since it's not up to only a handful of people. That, or get a bigger group of "qualified" raters. We can do a screen test if the mods want to filter. The idea of a subforum sounds good too.

Last edited by Volke on Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:35 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Finally, somebody who agrees with me....right now the "test" for getting qualified seems to be phale so we couldn't have new raters with the current system....maybe we should wait and hope mods see that this topic is getting posts again and investigate

Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:00 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Either scrap it and make a new topic, redo the qualification test

Or let separate threads be posted.

Newest: Kangaskhan

Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:06 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: Definately not dimension 12. No, you don't know about that one yet.
I say scrap it, and let everyone rate teams. What if someone who isn't a specific rater could give really good advice to someone, but they can't because there are specific raters?

Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:50 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Well, it looks to me like the rating center is so dead nobody's even using it anymore.
If we don't get that subforum made soon, the Battle Tower willbe overrun witht the individual threads of death...

Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:28 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Want a small clue, guys? The application thread is closed and nobody rates teams anymore because almost nobody on Psypoke is qualified to rate competitive teams. We have so few raters right now because almost nobody passed the application that FireStarter created. And if the majority of the members can't pass a simple application that sees the player select potentially good moves for a few random Pokemon, what are you supposed to suggest we do? I don't even want this forum here anymore due to the lack qualified raters/advisors but it's only still here because people will whine.

You can only get so far on theorymon (which is how most people on Psypoke seem to rate teams) before you need to have actual experience via Wi-Fi and shoddybattle (against people who DON'T SUCK AT BATTLING) to actually give constructive advice regarding the strengths and weaknesses for six Pokemon individually and how they work together as a team. There are many other forums that specialize in competitive battling out there and you'd probably get much better advice at one of those boards than you would here in the first place.

It's probably not a good idea for a webmaster to diverge traffic from his own website but, seriously, this forum isn't the place to go when you want to get suggestions and advice to help you become a competent competitive battler. Trust me. Our site has tools to help you create teams once you know what you're doing, but trying to teach people how to become good battlers is not our forte.

Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2