It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 wobbofett 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

can anyone tell why wobbofett is standard now? i've been seeing them alot, and ppl tell me that they are standard play now...and every time those things are in, they end up being the utter defeat for my team...and also ppl just love to wish pass to him, which is really annoying, since when and why are they standard?

Tue May 06, 2008 8:55 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Because the official Shoddy server decided to allow them in OU tier (previously they were Uber)

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Tue May 06, 2008 9:59 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

lol yeah i've seen them on their too, but why though?

Tue May 06, 2008 1:33 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The reason that Fet has moved down to OU, is because it can be simply stopped by any pokemon that outspeeds it and uses taunt. Or either toxic it, or use a special Dark move from a Dark Type, Mirror Coat won't work on Dark Types. Or you can just stay in and let Fett encore and Nasty Plot/DD etc, and then sweep the rest of the opponents team.

<Derek> is anyone here ??
<AngrySparrow> No
<Derek> im gonna leave because no one is here
*** Derek has quit (Exit: Psypoke Forever!)

Tue May 06, 2008 1:47 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i understand the special dark thing...but not many darks use dark pulse...mostly just a tyranitar, umbreon, houndoom,and spiritomb ...i'm probably missin one or two....the faster taunt thing doesnt really happen too much...because wobbofett wont most likely switch into something that knows taunt....not unless its a suprise moveset...the stat up while your encored doesnt work at all..you can stat up, then it uses encore and then you keep on stating up, and then it trades out and sends in a counter...and encore is still in effect even while wobboffet is gone...so you'll be stating while your counter has already beat you...or you'll be forced to trade out...this kind of way pwns me all of the time when i'm stating up curse...the only way i see a sure fire way to beat wobbofett without preparing your team for one, is to have spikes and stealth rock to for when it switches in and out from encore and take physical or special beatings on the switch in...

Tue May 06, 2008 5:24 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Actually, if the opponent has a Wobbufett, you should be jumping up and down with Joy. Wobbufett can't really attack, so you can just switch in a stat pumper afterwards and raise Stats while that Wobbufett does pratically nothing. Wonderful right? :lol:

Last edited by Sapphirath on Wed May 07, 2008 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 06, 2008 9:39 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

not wonderful if you read the previous post ;)

i feel like wobbuffet should still be banned. its not simply enough to have a "wobbuffet counter", because wobb comes in whenever he wants and, once in, you cant just switch to your counter. even when he KO's your poke and you switch your counter in, he just goes away, only to catch you off-guard at some other point in the battle...

Tue May 06, 2008 9:56 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Here's the tricky part. Wobbufett can't do anything if it encores a Stat Pumper cos the stat pumper won't be doing damage to it at all. The opponent is really at a disadvantage here because he just has to make one mistake of Encoring an attacking Pokemon and it's dead. Luck is more on your side when fighting these kind of opponents you see. You don't lose as much as they do if you made a mistake of pumping stats when they use Encore. Moreover, if the opponent decides to use Mirror Coat instead of Encore on an Infernape who knows Nasty Plot, then the match is near 3/4 won already. Cos The opponent has only 2 choices now. 1, to switch in a "counter" on Infernape etc. while it raises it's Atk/Sp. Atk to 400%, or use Encore in the hope that you'll continue to pump your stats. Now tell me, is this situation wonderful? Of course, I'm not saying this will always be the case but it is very likely to happen, if not, why would you teach Wobbufett Mirror Coat/Counter if all it does is Encore in fear of foes pumping their stats? :)

Tue May 06, 2008 10:51 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Sapphirath wrote:

Here's the tricky part. Wobbufett can't do anything if it encores a Stat Pumper cos the stat pumper won't be doing damage to it at all. The opponent is really at a disadvantage here because he just has to make one mistake of Encoring an attacking Pokemon and it's dead. Luck is more on your side when fighting these kind of opponents you see. You don't lose as much as they do if you made a mistake of pumping stats when they use Encore. Moreover, if the opponent decides to use Mirror Coat instead of Encore on an Infernape who knows Nasty Plot, then the match is near 3/4 won already. Cos The opponent has only 2 choices now. 1, to switch in a "counter" on Infernape etc. while it raises it's Atk/Sp. Atk to 400%, or use Encore in the hope that you'll continue to pump your stats. Now tell me, is this situation wonderful? Of course, I'm not saying this will always be the case but it is very likely to happen, if not, why would you teach Wobbufett Mirror Coat/Counter if all it does is Encore in fear of foes pumping their stats? :)

wobbofett isnt the type to just go down with one hit...i understand what your sayin...and it happens to me alot...i know it's going to encore me so i dont use stat boosting moves and i just attack...however, it still encores me then sends in a counter to the move i'm encored too...IE: this exactly what happened to me...my lucario just finished killing off a gengar with bullet punch...then wobbofett comes in..and i know that it wants to encore me so i dont use sword dance...instead i use crunch...it didnt kill wobbofett but it took away a great chunch of damage from him, and then he encored me and sent in a Tyraniboah on me...now not only did my lucario not do any damage to Ttar, but also Ttar got to set up a free sub, while i switched....that's not an automatic pokemon down, but that really does change the game ALOT....

and also...many wobbofett come in as a revenge killer and always do encore, so that they can be sure of what move they are going to do and scout to see what kind of move the oppenent will do, so that they can switch in...and if it is a stat pumper then they can send in their stat pumper after the encore is done

Wed May 07, 2008 1:50 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Okay, Crunch won't kill Wobbofett...even in 2 or possibly 3 hits...so my mistake on that part. Let's backtrack a bit...all these problems are occuring because of Wobbofett's Encore. Why don't we turn this to our advantage? Like ROT said, Taunt. Taunt owns any Wobbofett and you earn a free turn just by doing so. It's easily countered and more this way, and the Pokemon you feared so much now becomes the opponent's own bane. Once taunted, Wobbofett is defenceless. He'll have to switch or face eradication. Here is the list of Pokemon that will turn the tide COMPLETELY. Infernape, Azelf, Weavile, Gyarados, Tyranitar, Gengar, Dusknoir etc. This will give them the free turn to Swords Dance/Nasty Plot/Sleep Opponent/Substitute. This way, you should be thanking that the opponent has a Wobbofett, cos your opponent just caused his own downfall with the very Pokemon you feared so much. :lol:

Last edited by Sapphirath on Wed May 07, 2008 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 07, 2008 3:12 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Sapphirath wrote:
Actually, if the opponent has a Wobbufett, you should be jumping up and down with Joy. Wobbufett can't really attack, so you can just switch in a stat pumper and raise Stats while that Wobbufett does pratically nothing. Wonderful right? :lol:

What about Shadow Tag? It disables switching.

lol my icon is appropriate for this topic .

Wed May 07, 2008 5:44 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

MasterChef wrote:
Sapphirath wrote:
Actually, if the opponent has a Wobbufett, you should be jumping up and down with Joy. Wobbufett can't really attack, so you can just switch in a stat pumper and raise Stats while that Wobbufett does pratically nothing. Wonderful right? :lol:

What about Shadow Tag? It disables switching.

lol my icon is appropriate for this topic .

You'll have to sacrifice 1 Pokemon before you can actually "switch" in the counter. Ok, perhaps switch is not the word...but I don't know any other word that can summarise "send out it's counter after it KOed your current Pokemon." Do things seem clearer now?

Wed May 07, 2008 5:53 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I think that wobbufett should be an Uber for allowing things like this to happen:
I'm IceCold here... :lol:

Quote:

Rules: Evasion Clause, OHKO Clause, Species Clause
alanyau sent out Garchomp (lvl 100 Garchomp ?).
IceCold sent out The Sloth (lvl 100 Wobbuffet ?).
Garchomp used Swords Dance.
Garchomp's attack was sharply raised.
The Sloth used Encore.
Garchomp got an encore!
---
IceCold switched in The Greed (lvl 100 Smeargle ?).
---
The Greed used Substitute.
The Greed lost 25% of its health.
The Greed made a substitute!
---
alanyau switched in Probopass (lvl 100 Probopass ?).
The Greed used Belly Drum.
The Greed lost 50% of its health.
The Greed's attack was raised.
---
The Greed used Spore.
Probopass fell asleep!
Probopass is fast asleep!
---
The Greed used Baton Pass.
IceCold switched in The Wrath (lvl 100 Bidoof ?).
Probopass woke up!
Probopass used Gravity.
Gravity intensified!
---
The Wrath used Aqua Tail.
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Probopass lost 283% of its health.
alanyau's Probopass fainted.
---
alanyau switched in Salamence (lvl 100 Salamence ?).
The Wrath used Quick Attack.
Salamence lost 61% of its health.
Salamence used Flamethrower.
The substitute took damage for The Wrath!
The Wrath's substitute faded!
---
Salamence lost 63% of its health.
alanyau's Salamence fainted.
---
alanyau switched in Gengar (lvl 100 Gengar ?).
Gengar used Confuse Ray.
The Wrath became confused!
The Wrath is confused!
The Wrath used Aqua Tail.
Gengar lost 136% of its health.
alanyau's Gengar fainted.
Gravity returned to normal!
---
alanyau switched in Roserade (lvl 100 Roserade ?).
The Wrath snapped out of confusion!
Roserade lost 100% of its health.
alanyau's Roserade fainted.
---
alanyau switched in Bronzong (lvl 100 Bronzong).
The Wrath used Superpower.
Bronzong lost 101% of its health.
alanyau's Bronzong fainted.
The Wrath's attack was lowered.
The Wrath's defence was lowered.
---
alanyau switched in Garchomp (lvl 100 Garchomp ?).
Garchomp lost 47% of its health.
Garchomp used Dragon Claw.
The Wrath lost 192% of its health.
IceCold's The Wrath fainted.
---
IceCold switched in The Fear (lvl 100 Rattata ?).
Garchomp used Dragon Claw.
The Fear lost 152% of its health.
The Fear hung on using its Focus Sash!
The Fear used Counter.
Garchomp lost 112% of its health.
alanyau's Garchomp fainted.
IceCold wins!
IceCold: Good game.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushin22
Watch,Comment,Rate and Enjoy! ^_^x

*Currently BUSY with real life,so i might take a while to respond messages or RMTs... Sorry,I might be back someday...*

Wed May 07, 2008 6:36 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

This happened because the trainer did not anticipate Encore at all...which was an earlier mistake I made...but now we do so we will use Taunt, not Swords Dance 1st. That WILL make the opponent switch cos Wobbofett by that time should only be able to use Struggle. Do you want to consider a Pokemon Uber when it gets stopped by a mere move that so many Pokemon can learn? Not forgetting that you will lose 1 precious turn if your Wobbofett gets Taunted. That 1 move that so many Pokemon can learn will make Wobbofett not just useless but also a burden for the opponent's team. As such, I don't think a Risky Pokemon like it can be considered an Uber. Of course, it's effectiveness is undeniable when the opponent doesn't have taunters. OU perhaps, but Uber? Na. No Uber so far can be made completely useless and a burden to your own team by a single move...it's kinda pathetic if an Uber can be stopped taht way you know? :?

Wed May 07, 2008 7:30 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Sapphirath wrote:
You'll have to sacrifice 1 Pokemon before you can actually "switch" in the counter. Ok, perhaps switch is not the word...but I don't know any other word that can summarise "send out it's counter after it KOed your current Pokemon." Do things seem clearer now?

That could be grounds for making it uber - you have to sacrifice a pokemon to get your Wobbuffet counter in, and it can just switch out and come in again on a different pokemon. If the opponent has Wish support, that makes it even more dangerous.

Sapphirath wrote:
Do you want to consider a Pokemon Uber when it gets stopped by a mere move that so many Pokemon can learn?

Yes, many pokemon can learn it...but in the OU metagame before Wobbuffet was introduced, how many standard pokemon actually had it?

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Wed May 07, 2008 7:35 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Sapphirath wrote:
Once taunted, Wobbofett is defenceless. He'll have to switch or face eradication. Here is the list of Pokemon that will turn the tide COMPLETELY. Infernape, Azelf, Weavile, Gyarados, Tyranitar, Gengar, Dusknoir etc. This will give them the free turn to Swords Dance/Nasty Plot/Sleep Opponent/Substitute. This way, you should be thanking that the opponent has a Wobbofett, cos your opponent just caused his own downfall with the very Pokemon you feared so much. :lol:

here is the huge problem with that....
-Tyranitar-wobbofett wouldnt dare to switch in on TTar because...Ttar will purely own Wobboffet, with crunch/pursuit/darkpulse....
infernape- it really doesnt matter...infernape can taunt wobboffett, but infernape only has 4 moves, so there's no stat boosting for him, that would really make a difference...nasty plot/ swordance yes, but now he's limited to only two attacking moves...1 of them most likely close combat/focus blast, so now it's easier to switch in on him...
Gyrados- yes defintely, because we all know the tauntdros...and so wobboffett really wouldn't be the one to come in on him
Weavile- not too much knowing on the taunt side, but it's not that hard to find a counter for weavile, just switch in a physical wall, and there you go, wobboffett isnt needed
Dusknior- not too much at all...dusknior's movepool requires him to know certain moves, so he cant be limited by moves such as taunt...
Azelf- maybe to run as an opening taunter...but i honestly dont think wobboffett would come in because of it's fear of explosion...
gengar- wouldnt really need to taunt, because it knows hypnosis, so that is why taunt is never suggested on his movesets by any one...

and if you are going to change some of your pokes moveset just for fear of wobbeffett...then i think that does make it uber status..

and btw thank you for being an opposing side to this

Wed May 07, 2008 10:56 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Sapphirath wrote:
This happened because the trainer did not anticipate Encore at all...which was an earlier mistake I made...but now we do so we will use Taunt, not Swords Dance 1st. That WILL make the opponent switch cos Wobbofett by that time should only be able to use Struggle. Do you want to consider a Pokemon Uber when it gets stopped by a mere move that so many Pokemon can learn? Not forgetting that you will lose 1 precious turn if your Wobbofett gets Taunted. That 1 move that so many Pokemon can learn will make Wobbofett not just useless but also a burden for the opponent's team. As such, I don't think a Risky Pokemon like it can be considered an Uber. Of course, it's effectiveness is undeniable when the opponent doesn't have taunters. OU perhaps, but Uber? Na. No Uber so far can be made completely useless and a burden to your own team by a single move...it's kinda pathetic if an Uber can be stopped taht way you know? :?

Err...
Sapphirath bad news for ya... :?
I just tested and i seen that Counter and Mirror Coat works after taunt... :D
So what you do it's take half of his moveset with taunt, not all...
He can still Counter/Mirror Coat you to death ...

And BTW Taunt is too much situational...
Not everyone has taunt in the team...
Unless in things like BulkyRados,T-Tar and others...

*Currently BUSY with real life,so i might take a while to respond messages or RMTs... Sorry,I might be back someday...*

Wed May 07, 2008 11:19 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

We change strategies and movesets for Pokemon all the time because we fear another particular Pokemon. Taunt, Rapid Spin, all these are taught because you fear some kind of Pokemon or Strategy. If that's the case, does it mean those Strategies/Pokemon are Uber? No...it's all part of battling, you fear a particular Pokemon, you make sure your Team at least has a counter for it...and just one of any of the Pokemon I mentioned or possibly more can turn the tide COMPLETELY.

I know Wobbofett can switch out if it sees any of these Pokemon but back to square 1, Wobbofett will use Encore because your opponent's expecting you to Attack/Pump stats right? There are Mind Games but let's not make it too complicated shall we? Taunt on an Infernape is quite new and it takes up a slot, but don't forget, it has a power 180 move-Close Combat....it doesn't need to rely that much on Super effective attacks to wreck havoc, on top of that if you boost it with a Swords dance I'm quite sure you'll cause Pandemonium on the battlefield.

Dusknoir can fare quite well here because of Sub and Focus Punch....that free turn Wobbofett gives you really turns the situation to your Advantage. Gengar doesn't really need taunt yes, but my point is, it's the counter. We sacrifice 1 Pokemon to send in a counter, but because we force the opponent to switch, we get to do more things with the particular Counter which you normally can't under normal circumstances. In this case, it's a Set up that can enable your particular counter to own.

An Infernape with 200% increase in attack and a Stabbed Close Combat isn't something that you can counter very easily, and if it turns out that you don't have a counter for it, then your Team's Toast. You see how much a free turn can help certain Pokemon by? It is this great Flaw that Wobbofett has that prevents me from accepting it as an Uber...it'll be an Irony if Wobbofett an "Uber" causes a trainer's downfall.

Oh, and Crap....Mirror Coat and Counter are considered "Offensive" Moves?! What?! But even if that's the case, it's alll the more merrier isn't it?. Not Bad news at all. If it can't encore your Pokemon and doesn't switch, your Pokemon gets to pump stats EVEN more because it wastes it turns Countering/Mirror Coating AND switching when if finds out you're not gonna be stupid enough to attack it yet. Praise God if your opponent does that, cos he/she just made it easier for you to win. :)

Thu May 08, 2008 2:52 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Sapphirath wrote:
We change strategies and movesets for Pokemon all the time because we fear another particular Pokemon. Taunt, Rapid Spin, all these are taught because you fear some kind of Pokemon or Strategy. If that's the case, does it mean those Strategies/Pokemon are Uber? No...it's all part of battling, you fear a particular Pokemon, you make sure your Team at least has a counter for it...and just one of any of the Pokemon I mentioned or possibly more can turn the tide COMPLETELY.

Ok...
Yeah but changing complety a pokémon so it can useful for dealing with just one threat is kind of
bad don't you think...
Then you might lose a counter for something else...

Sapphirath wrote:

I know Wobbofett can switch out if it sees any of these Pokemon but back to square 1, Wobbofett will use Encore because your opponent's expecting you to Attack/Pump stats right? There are Mind Games but let's not make it too complicated shall we? Taunt on an Infernape is quite new and it takes up a slot, but don't forget, it has a power 180 move-Close Combat....it doesn't need to rely that much on Super effective attacks to wreck havoc, on top of that if you boost it with a Swords dance I'm quite sure you'll cause Pandemonium on the battlefield.

No offense but...
...i disagree with you in this part...Yes Close Combat is really strong and {infernape} has the power and speed to use it nicely,BUT...
It has 8PP in max what is a very bad thing...And wobbufett is psychic type and has a huge Hp amount,and usually they focus on physical defense...So even if you did a 3+ Danced Close Combat it might not be enough...
(I didn't made the calculations...it's a possibity...you can do the calcs if you want)
and by the set you described,we can imagine it would have
-Close Combat
-[Filler] possible some Fire,Dark or Ghost move..
-Sword Dance
-Taunt

I don't think you can counter many things...doing this you lose the best thing about infernape...
His great type coverage...you can be walled and roared away....and since you gonna lose some of his already low defense...you can be beated to death by even non effective first priority moves like
bullet punch or ice shard...and a faster sweeper just kills him or make him switch out.

Sapphirath wrote:

Dusknoir can fare quite well here because of Sub and Focus Punch....that free turn Wobbofett gives you really turns the situation to your Advantage. Gengar doesn't really need taunt yes, but my point is, it's the counter. We sacrifice 1 Pokemon to send in a counter, but because we force the opponent to switch, we get to do more things with the particular Counter which you normally can't under normal circumstances. In this case, it's a Set up that can enable your particular counter to own.

Ok.
I agree with you in this part...^_^
But it's still losing type coverage...

Sapphirath wrote:

An Infernape with 200% increase in attack and a Stabbed Close Combat isn't something that you can counter very easily, and if it turns out that you don't have a counter for it, then your Team's Toast. You see how much a free turn can help certain Pokemon by? It is this great Flaw that Wobbofett has that prevents me from accepting it as an Uber...it'll be an Irony if Wobbofett an "Uber" causes a trainer's downfall.

Then whats about {kyogre} and {groudon} ,
Yeah...you remember those....
Kyogre will really love to take Thunders with 100 % of accuracy and
Groudon will enjoy those 1-Turn Solarbeams.... :lol:
Making a fast Opponent recieving a Boost from Weather and removing
the trade-back of a move super effective against you can cause your downfall,don't you think? :lol:

Sapphirath wrote:

Oh, and Crap....Mirror Coat and Counter are considered "Offensive" Moves?! What?! But even if that's the case, it's alll the more merrier isn't it?. Not Bad news at all. If it can't encore your Pokemon and doesn't switch, your Pokemon gets to pump stats EVEN more because it wastes it turns Countering/Mirror Coating AND switching when if finds out you're not gonna be stupid enough to attack it yet. Praise God if your opponent does that, cos he/she just made it easier for you to win. :)

I mean because if you told before with will just struggle...
It really don't helps much...
yeah,yeah see ya...

Thu May 08, 2008 6:55 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Close Combat (Even a Garchomp gets 1HKOed by this) + Rock Slide/Stone Edge should be able to help you own most Pokemon when you have 600+ attack. And besides Infernape, there's the rest which you can consider as well. A Boah Tyranitar or DD Tyranitar will gain tons from this, so will an Azelf with Nasty Plot.

It's always good to have a taunter in your team, so you can easily make any one of them the taunter, they're not just there to counter Wobbofetts you know, the same situation applies to Skarmories and Blissies...taunt them, and they're forced to switch...and you can happily use those free turns. It's not really a bad thing to change just 1 move of a Pokemon when you gain advantages from it as well. In this case, teaching taunt to just one of your Pokemon because you want to be able to counter Wobbofetts also gives you an edge against a lot of strategies like Baton Passing and Stat Boosting.

A Bad thing? Really depends on how you look at it. Wobbofett doesn't make the game imbalanced, just like Garchomp...they have obvious counters, except Wobbofett's counter is even more glaring and it puts you in a really difficult situation when it's your Wobbofett's that getting countered.

Anyway, I thought Wobbofetts and Wynaults were banned because people wanted to prevent a face off between Wobbofetts/Wynaults that ends up in a tormenting Stalemate?

Thu May 08, 2008 8:43 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Sapphirath wrote:

Anyway, I thought Wobbofetts and Wynaults were banned because people wanted to prevent a face off between Wobbofetts/Wynaults that ends up in a tormenting Stalemate?

That's one of the reasons for sure...
It happened to me one time on Battle Dome on Emerald...
And i can tell...
This is REALLY irritating... :frustrated:

And yeah...
It's your opinion..ok...
But i really don't fell like wasting one move slot for Taunt ... At least not in a Sweeper.
I would use it in the obvious Bulkyrados or some others...

Thu May 08, 2008 2:31 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

once again sapphirath you seem to be arguing against everybody.

sure wobbuffet does have weaknesses, but to be sure you can beat it, you will have to have one or two pokemon in your team that are so tailor-made to beat wobbuffet, that they will be almost useless against everyone else. the exception is perhaps taunters like gyara/tar, but wobbuffet just switches out on the taunt, and then thats a free move wasted.

the point is this. wobbuffet is a counter to about 99% of all Pokemon. it is almost certainly going to kill any one of those pokemon is counters. then fine, the opponent can switch in its wobbuffet counter, but wobb just switches out to an appropriate counter. when that is dealt with, or something else comes in, wobb just comes back. it will almost certainly kill 2-3 of your Pokemon. and after that they have 5 left and you have 3-4. its just not fair.

a friend of mine used to use wobb, and the only way i found to beat him was to put toxic on my dugtrio. and what kind of crap dugtrio has toxic? against ANY other opponent, it will not last one turn (except maybe non ice beam blissey).

this is what a smart person would do if they wanted to make a team around wobbuffet. they would of course put wobb in the team. next they would list all of wobbuffets counters (not very many). then the rest of the team would be made up of sure-fire counters for each pokemon on your list. and given that most opponents will only have one or two of those pokemon max, theres a good chance wobb will win on its own with a bit of wish support.

now i know youre going to just disagree with pretty much everything i said (and bushin because he has posted since your last post). or you're just gonna come up with some other weird idea. so please just dont. that slaking argument was just so ridiculously pointless. wobbuffet is a freakin irritating blob. if you dont think its uber, well youve already said that havent you? everyone else here seems to think it is (i could be wrong), so lets just agree to disagree. please let this be the end of another fruitless and pointless discussion.

Thu May 08, 2008 3:13 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well spoken Cuddles... :D
But that's the point of a discussion i guess... :?

Btw i had an Idea for a EVIL Wobbufett Counter... :twisted:
An Calm Minder Gardevoir w/ Trace ...
You just Trace his best ability and use against him...hehehe
BTW i don't know if it still works because i heard that they "fixed" the Shadow Tag Problem...
(When two Shadow Tagers fight both can switch out...)

And anything with a Shed Shell can just switch out too.

Fri May 09, 2008 7:15 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Bushin wrote:
Well spoken Cuddles... :D
But that's the point of a discussion i guess... :?

Btw i had an Idea for a EVIL Wobbufett Counter... :twisted:
An Calm Minder Gardevoir w/ Trace ...
You just Trace his best ability and use against him...hehehe
BTW i don't know if it still works because i heard that they "fixed" the Shadow Tag Problem...
(When two Shadow Tagers fight both can switch out...)

And anything with a Shed Shell can just switch out too.

Any poke with skill swap can do it as well :twisted:

Pain split is also a good counter move on wobby, since your poke is probably getting a full heal off wobbs 190 base HP while knocking his health to around 1/2, then (hopefully) you can finish him with a STAB ghost move of choice!

Fri May 09, 2008 7:04 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

MAN!
That one is good too!
I have forgot about Skill Swap...
But that's EVEN more situational than Taunt...

Fri May 09, 2008 7:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next