It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 a TRUE counter to lucario 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

A TR Bronzong can OKHO a Luke, with EQ. That is with some EV investment in atk.

<Derek> is anyone here ??
<AngrySparrow> No
<Derek> im gonna leave because no one is here
*** Derek has quit (Exit: Psypoke Forever!)

Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:12 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Roar Of Time wrote:
A TR Bronzong can OKHO a Luke, with EQ. That is with some EV investment in atk.

an Adamant Lucario does Sword Dance and a Close Combat does 350 Damage to a Max HP/ Max Defense Bronzong...
or even a blaze kick/ EQ can be used to OHKO bronzong after a Sword Dance..that relys on prediction on knowing the bronzong...so close combat is actually the safest

Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:16 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I meant that ,lets say that my first poke is Zong and your first poke is T-Tar and you switch out to Lucario, on the switch Zong uses TR then OKHOs Luke.

<Derek> is anyone here ??
<AngrySparrow> No
<Derek> im gonna leave because no one is here
*** Derek has quit (Exit: Psypoke Forever!)

Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:28 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

well if Trick Room is set up not many pokemon can do a thing against others...that would change the WHOLE GAME completely...lol and with that situation you just changed the whole thing by making it sound like lucario is a counter to bronzong...not bronzong a counter to lucario...

Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:42 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I've found that a Torterra can usually switch in on a Lucario without getting epic failed, unless the Lucario in quesiton has Aerial Ace, Ice Punch or Fire Punch.. Other than that, once you switch in, Torterra's attack is EXTREMELY high, and as long as Lucario doesn't nail you with a critical hit, you should be able to get off an Earthquake and get Lucario's HP either down low or gone.

My FAVORITE way to counter any real pokemon team though

Send in a Torterra with Sunny Day, Synthesis, Earthquake and any grass move, *I chose Wood Hammer, since Sunny Day+Synthesis can practically heal them to full at any time*

If their pokemon isn't a rock type, switch out to a CHARIZARD that knows Solar Beam, Flamethrower, Earthquake and Fly. Since his Special Attack is so high, and Solar Beam is a 1-turn move when you have sunny day in effect, it does a ton of damage to most players.. If it's a lucario, you ahve next to nothing to worry about... Flying > Fighting and Fire > Steel.. I don't believe any strong move that Lucario can learn is super effective on Charizard, except maybe Thunderpunch..

Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:00 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

HiatusLucari wrote:
If it's a lucario, you ahve next to nothing to worry about... Flying > Fighting and Fire > Steel.. I don't believe any strong move that Lucario can learn is super effective on Charizard, except maybe Thunderpunch..

Two words: Stone Edge. Rapes charizard.

92% of all competitive battlers think that Skarm, Bliss, and a good 'Chomp is all you need to own things. If you're in the 8% who value creative thinking and originality with your teams, put this in you signature.

Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:38 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

But seriously, name someone who has a Lucario with a rock move? I honestly haven't seen one yet. And yeah, I forgot about Stone Edge.. Though, my charizard can tank a stone edge from a Rhydon with about 10% HP left, still gives enough to get a flamethrower off.

Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:00 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Um, my lucario has stone edge. And, it may tank one from a rhydon, but we're talking about a lucario here.

92% of all competitive battlers think that Skarm, Bliss, and a good 'Chomp is all you need to own things. If you're in the 8% who value creative thinking and originality with your teams, put this in you signature.

Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:19 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Rhydon's attack can rival Lucario's in some cases, and considering the STAB makes the power a reasonable amount higher.. Yeah. Also, Charizard is faster than Lucario, no matter how much you try. If you're fighting something that takes Not Very Effective from stone, then you switch to a Charizard. You're pretty much boned, since Chari can get off a Flamethrower faster than hell.

Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:20 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

HiatusLucari wrote:
Also, Charizard is faster than Lucario, no matter how much you try. If you're fighting something that takes Not Very Effective from stone, then you switch to a Charizard. You're pretty much boned, since Chari can get off a Flamethrower faster than hell.

Uh, choice scarf? Anyway, saying there was no item, no stat modifiers, lucario did not miss, and it was not a critical hit, a stone edge from a max attack lucario does a minimum of 364 damage to a Impish (+def -spA)
Max def/max hp charizard, so there is no way a charizard could survive one.

Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:48 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I can only see Charizard living through a Stone Edge from... Shuckle (provided it hasn't Power Tricked in Trick Room, of course).

Charizard can counter certain Lucarios... I'd think it can handle the specs variant very well, but that's pretty much it. If the Lucario is of the Swords Dance variety, Charizard will die. A smart battler would have Stealth Rocks up so SDLucario can KO a good number of counters, which in this context, includes Charizard. Charizard comes in the turn Lucario SDs, takes 50% from rocks, and eats boosted Extremespeed for the KO.

If Charizard tries to come in to absorb Close Combat, it will get KOed next turn by Extremespeed, provided that rocks are up.

Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:58 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

True, but that's only my strategy for longer battles. I'm talking if you use a Torterra for the actual battle. I absolutely adore Lucario myself, but I find that it's fairly easy to kill with certain pokemon. I EV'd my torterra with attack and defense, with the 1 point going into HP. Anyway, yeah. I send him in, take a few damage from the first shot, then tank another hit, since we all know Torterra's slower than hell, and use an overpowered EQ. He'll go down fairly easily.

Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:02 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

lol a torerra cannot switch into on a HP ice nor for that matter probably cant switch in on any of lucario's special moves without being 2HKOed...a charizard being a lucario counter was already explained lol and pretty obvious it really isnt

Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2