It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:02 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1575 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63  Next
 The Rating Center (IMPORTANT UPDATE FOR RATERS) 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

{alakazam}:

Psychic
Psybeam
Recover
Reflect

I really would like a move to replace Psybeam with. THIS IS NOT FOR BATTLE TOWER, ONLY TO PLAY THROUGH THE STORY WITH. So, I don't really care about its nature and other things. I'd just like another good attack that isn't a Psychic type.

Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:15 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

R0BERT wrote:
{alakazam}:

Psychic
Psybeam
Recover
Reflect

I really would like a move to replace Psybeam with. THIS IS NOT FOR BATTLE TOWER, ONLY TO PLAY THROUGH THE STORY WITH. So, I don't really care about its nature and other things. I'd just like another good attack that isn't a Psychic type.

I ran thru the story in less than a day by solely using an alakazam XD I used (once I got the TMs)

Psychic
Shadow ball
Energy ball
Recover

Weville and honchcrow where the only pokes that gave me problems.

Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:50 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Mega Physical wall!

Lopunny@Flame Orb
Bold, 252 def & HP
Switcheroo
Charm
Agility
BP

Lickilicky@Leftovers
Sassy; 252 Att & HP
Curse
Explosion
Gyro Ball
?

Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:00 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

MasterChef wrote:
I ran thru the story in less than a day by solely using an alakazam XD I used (once I got the TMs)

Psychic
Shadow ball
Energy ball
Recover

I thought Shadow Ball was a physical move? If that's true I'd rather not use it with Alakazam because of his low Attack stat. I wanted Thunderbolt but for some reason Alakazam can't learn it. I was so distraught...

Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:04 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

R0BERT wrote:
MasterChef wrote:

Psychic
Shadow ball
Energy ball
Recover

I thought Shadow Ball was a physical move? If that's true I'd rather not use it with Alakazam because of his low Attack stat. I wanted Thunderbolt but for some reason Alakazam can't learn it. I was so distraught...

It was in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. In D/P shadow ball became a special move. :D

Here's a list of moves that have changed:
http://www.psypokes.com/dp/attackchanges.php

Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:52 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

R0BERT wrote:
MasterChef wrote:

Psychic
Shadow ball
Energy ball
Recover

Well... It was last generation, but there was a mega move shift that changed the "all fighting type attacks are physical, all water is special" thing. :D

Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:52 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

im sorry to be annoying but i have another set of pokemon that is in need of assistance.
(please rate individually if possible)

shuckle: impish: leftovers
250hp, 100def, 160sp def
stealth rock
sandstorm
toxic
substitute (but i would also like protect but dont know which move to delete)
i have given him less ev's in def because its supported already by his nature. he is very basic, i use substitute and then toxic or stealth rock, but im weary about substitute?

scizor: naive: item?
255atk, 255spd
pursuit
brick break
iron head
x-scizor / swords dance / agility, ????
help with the last move please? i use pursuit as an anti shedinja move, but he has great atk and not bad speed. i know the nature should have been jolly, but this scizor has brilliant iv's.

starmie: serious (i could have done better): leftovers/wise glasses/i dont know
200spd, 200sp atk, 110hp
thunder bolt
ice beam
recover
rapid spin
its a rapid spinner as you can see. its done well so far, recover comes in handy and the bolt beam combo is just standard. i know my nature (again) could do better.

weavile: jolly: expert belt
255spd, 255atk
shadow claw
night shade
brick break
dig
it has 396 spd at level 100 (big cheer). i know i should have break for ice punch but now im a bit late, i will soon though. now dig is there to just for double battles, i use someone to use explotion and him to dig, i dont get hurt and the foe gets hit hard...well thats the plan.

palkia (just to look good): modest: item???
ev's are unknown because he was from the gts. (but he is shiny, i dont know how that helps but still)
flamethrower
special rend
????
????
help with the other moves please. i have 3 palkia's, this is my sp atk palkia. his speed is bad, (260 at level 100), but his sp atk is 397, which (in my opinion) is great. flamethrower is there because i use the element of supprise a lot in my teams, and i only know one other whater type that can learn fire blast and flamethrower and thats gyarados (no cheat).

im not sure wether to use raikou/suicune. please tell me which one to use.
here is raikou: timid: item?
255sp atk, 255spd
????
????
????
thunder bolt
this is where i get really stupid on this game, i dont know how to train this guy move-wise.

suicune: bashful (i can get a better one): leftovers
250hp, 100def, 100sp def, 60sp atk
rest
sleep talk
????
????
ive faced a suicune with those first to moves and it really annoyed me, i was thinking of surf/ice beam for the last two moves but im not sure.

thanks very much for rating my team (i know its a lot to do). thanks.

Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:18 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

MasterChef wrote:
It was in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. In D/P shadow ball became a special move. :D

Here's a list of moves that have changed:
http://www.psypokes.com/dp/attackchanges.php

Woah thanks. I had no idea they'd changed some. That will be a big help to me.

Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:23 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Jeneus wrote:
Mega Physical wall!

Lopunny@Flame Orb
Bold, 252 def & HP
Switcheroo
Charm
Agility
BP
Charm may help with walling, but if they carry Taunt, you get walled. Use Return or Charge Beam (for chance of passing a Sp ATK boost). Othwise, try a Careful nature, and move some EVs to Spd so you get the Switcheroo in

Lickilicky@Leftovers
Sassy; 252 Att & HP
Curse
Explosion
Gyro Ball
Return

Not much to say here, it's standard (kinda).

nabashes wrote:
im sorry to be annoying but i have another set of pokemon that is in need of assistance.

250hp, 100def, 160sp def
stealth rock
sandstorm
toxic
i have given him less ev's in def because its supported already by his nature. he is very basic, i use substitute and then toxic or stealth rock, but im weary about substitute?
Protect over Sub, not enough health, otherwise, I only suggest removing Sandstorm for Rest

255atk, 255spd
pursuit
brick break
iron head
help with the last move please? i use pursuit as an anti shedinja move, but he has great atk and not bad speed. i know the nature should have been jolly, but this scizor has brilliant iv's.
X-scizor or U-turn in the last slot. I really recomend rebreeding for an Adamant 1, and run a Choice Band set. On another note, Pursuit is not just for Shedinja, but for most Pokemon to be caught on the switch. Shedy isnt that much of a threat anyway.

200spd, 200sp atk, 110hp
thunder bolt
ice beam
recover
rapid spin
its a rapid spinner as you can see. its done well so far, recover comes in handy and the bolt beam combo is just standard. i know my nature (again) could do better.Good set, but try to get a Timid one.

255spd, 255atk
shadow claw
night shade
brick break
dig
it has 396 spd at level 100 (big cheer). i know i should have break for ice punch but now im a bit late, i will soon though. now dig is there to just for double battles, i use someone to use explotion and him to dig, i dont get hurt and the foe gets hit hard...well thats the plan.
Dig is asking for trouble. Use Pursuit, Ice Punch and Nightslash/Aerial Ace and keep Brick Break. Use as revenge killer

palkia (just to look good): modest: item Life Orb or Palkia's Orb
ev's are unknown because he was from the gts. (but he is shiny, i dont know how that helps but still)
flamethrower
special rend
Thunder
Surf
help with the other moves please. i have 3 palkia's, this is my sp atk palkia. his speed is bad, (260 at level 100), but his sp atk is 397, which (in my opinion) is great. flamethrower is there because i use the element of supprise a lot in my teams, and i only know one other whater type that can learn fire blast and flamethrower and thats gyarados (no cheat).This could hurt ALOT if you handle it right. Basicaly, use whatever move will do the most damage.

im not sure wether to use raikou/suicune. please tell me which one to use. Well. seeing as you have a better idea for Suicune, I'll go with that

rest
sleep talk
Surf
Ice Beam
ive faced a suicune with those first to moves and it really annoyed me, i was thinking of surf/ice beam for the last two moves but im not sure.
Other than the nature (Bold) this should work

Image Image
And Umberia from Afonso. Click my sig if you want one like it

Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:10 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

conman2k8 wrote:
Jeneus wrote:
Mega Physical wall!

Lopunny@Flame Orb
Bold, 252 def & HP
Switcheroo
Charm
Agility
BP
Charm may help with walling, but if they carry Taunt, you get walled. Use Return or Charge Beam (for chance of passing a Sp ATK boost). Othwise, try a Careful nature, and move some EVs to Spd so you get the Switcheroo in

Lickilicky@Leftovers
Sassy; 252 Att & HP
Curse
Explosion
Gyro Ball
Return

Not much to say here, it's standard (kinda).

nabashes wrote:

250hp, 100def, 160sp def
stealth rock
sandstorm
toxic
Protect over Sub, not enough health, otherwise, I only suggest removing Sandstorm for Rest
This type of shuckle doesn't work. Put Knock Off over substitute, and Rest over Sandstorm. Put 252 hp EVs, otherwise you waste two.

255atk, 255spd
pursuit
brick break
iron head
X-scizor or U-turn in the last slot. I really recomend rebreeding for an Adamant 1, and run a Choice Band set. On another note, Pursuit is not just for Shedinja, but for most Pokemon to be caught on the switch. Shedy isnt that much of a threat anyway.
With SR, Sheddy is practically dead. Use the new Platinum standard: Brick break / Quick attack / Bullet punch and Swords Dance. It OHKOs Gengar, azelf and Alakazam and all other stuff which is for Pursuit. And b-Punch is now needed on Scizor.

200spd, 200sp atk, 110hp
thunder bolt
ice beam
recover
rapid spin
its a rapid spinner as you can see. its done well so far, recover comes in handy and the bolt beam combo is just standard. i know my nature (again) could do better.Good set, but try to get a Timid one.

255spd, 255atk
shadow claw
night shade
brick break
dig
Dig is asking for trouble. Use Pursuit, Ice Punch and Nightslash/Aerial Ace and keep Brick Break. Use as revenge killer
You can slap Choice band to it. I would rather use Pursuit / Ice punch(Ice Shard) / Night Slash / Aerial Ace (Brick break).

palkia (just to look good): modest: item Life Orb or Palkia's Orb
flamethrower
special rend
Thunder
Surf
help with the other moves please. i have 3 palkia's, this is my sp atk palkia. his speed is bad, (260 at level 100), but his sp atk is 397, which (in my opinion) is great. flamethrower is there because i use the element of supprise a lot in my teams, and i only know one other whater type that can learn fire blast and flamethrower and thats gyarados (no cheat).This could hurt ALOT if you handle it right. Basicaly, use whatever move will do the most damage. Aqua tail in place of Flamethrwer, so Bliss doesn't wall you.

im not sure wether to use raikou/suicune. please tell me which one to use. Well. seeing as you have a better idea for Suicune, I'll go with that

rest
sleep talk
Surf
Ice Beam
Other than the nature (Bold) this should work
You can try CroCune -Surf, Sleep Talk, Calm Mind, Rest- against Phazers. I actually think that Raikou would maybe fit too. You can try Raikou with Thunderbolt / Substitute (Hp Ice) / Calm Mind / Shadow ball @ Life Orb.

If you have any problems with breeding, Egg moves, IV:s or EV:s, you can ask me. Feel free to ask other things related to competive battling.

Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:10 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Methinks koipen wants to be a rater. Does he?

Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:00 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

HATE, HATE, HATE my team. I like the pokemon, just not their moves.

Blaziken @ Focus Sash. Blaze
Timid, 314 HP, 260 Attack, 186 Defense, 249 SP ATK, 161 SP DEF, 232 Speed.

Aerial Ace
Shadow Claw
Sky Uppercut
Flamethrower

Salamence @ Shell Bell. Intimidate
Rash, 328 HP, 282 ATK, 172 DEF, 271 SPATK, 173 SPDEF, 205 Speed

Crunch
Shadow Claw
Flamethrower
Dragon Pulse

Metagross @ Focus Band. Clear Body
Bold, 261 ATK, 314 DEF, 207 SPATK, 199 SPDEF, 163 Speed

Zen Headbutt
Psychic
Agility
Meteor Mash

Garchomp @ Focus Sash. Sand Veil
Bold, 362 HP, 284 ATK, 259 DEF, 191 SPATK, 184 SPDEF, 273 Speed

Earthquake
Flamethrower
Dragon Pulse
Shadow Claw

Weavile @ Focus Sash. Pressure
Careful, 271 HP, 280 ATK, 156 DEF, 103 SPATK, 225 SPDEF, 346 Speed

Aerial Ace
Shadow Claw
Ice Beam
Night Slash

Froslass @ Icicle Plate. Snow Cloak
Careful, 256 HP, 190 ATK, 154 DEF, 151 SPATK, 174 SPDEF, 307 Speed

Psychic
Ice Beam
Ominous Wind
Thunderbolt

Don't worry on items, I can get any that I need.

Mainly I want to prove to this hacker in my class I can beat him with fully legits. Last time, his 100% accurate snorlax finished off my Weavile, both last. If he had missed, my night slash would have finished him. I'd done him pretty down, but he still proved that hacks are better than legits.

I need these pokemon to be transformed into the ultimate team.

Ratings?

Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:17 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

How is it possible to have over 510 EVs per pokemon?

Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:04 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Jeneus wrote:
How is it possible to have over 510 EVs per pokemon?

I think those are his Pokemon' actual stat values; not EVs. At least, that is what I'm assuming Cellblock intended.

Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:24 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Cellblock wrote:
HATE, HATE, HATE my team. I like the pokemon, just not their moves.

Blaziken @ Focus Sash. Blaze
Timid, 314 HP, 260 Attack, 186 Defense, 249 SP ATK, 161 SP DEF, 232 Speed.

Aerial Ace
Shadow Claw
Sky Uppercut
Flamethrower
Hmm, with a Sp Atk stat like that, why focus so much on Atk? Try Overheat or Fire Blast over Flamethrower (unless you really need the PP, but you shouldn't if you play it well) Thunder punch in for Aerial Ace, Hidden Pwer Ice over Shadow Claw. Try to rebreed for a Rash one, with 104 ATK EVs, 188 SP ATK and 216 SPD. It allows for 302 ATK, 333 SP ATK and 250 SPD. Slap a Choice Scarf on it and of you go.

Salamence @ Shell Bell. Intimidate
Rash, 328 HP, 282 ATK, 172 DEF, 271 SPATK, 173 SPDEF, 205 Speed

Crunch
Shadow Claw
Flamethrower
Dragon Pulse
I recommend the Standard Mixmence set, like this:

{salamence}@Life Orb. Intimidate
Rash EVs: 120 ATK, 252 SP ATK 136 SPD
~ Brick Break
~ Draco Meteor
~ Fire Blast / Flamethrower
~ Roost / Crunch

Metagross @ Focus Band. Clear Body
Bold, 261 ATK, 314 DEF, 207 SPATK, 199 SPDEF, 163 Speed

Zen HeadbuttEarthquake
PsychicThunderpunch/Explosion
Agility
Meteor Mash
I personally don't know what to do with this, other than rebreeding. Try getting an Adamant one, with EVs split: 152 HP 252 ATK and 104 SPD. Use a Life Orb/Shucca Berry/Leftovers as your item.

Garchomp @ Focus Sash. Sand Veil
Bold, 362 HP, 284 ATK, 259 DEF, 191 SPATK, 184 SPDEF, 273 Speed

Earthquake
Flamethrower
Dragon Pulse
Shadow Claw
Ah yes, good ol' Chompy. Little suprised not to see the Sword Dance set that raged in most compative battles. But i recommend you get an Adamant with Outrage (I've got one if you want) and go with the Standard set.

~ Swords Dance
~ Earthquake
~ Outrage / Dragon Claw
~ Fire Fang
Just use the 4HP 252 ATK 252 SPD EVs. Again Life orb as item, or a Yache Berry.

Weavile @ Focus Sash. Pressure
Careful, 271 HP, 280 ATK, 156 DEF, 103 SPATK, 225 SPDEF, 346 Speed

Pusuit
BrickBreak
Ice Punch/Ice Shard
Night Slash/Ariel Ace
Use that moveset, and a Jolly nature. Give it a Choice Band or Expert Belt, and you have yourself a potent threat.

Froslass @ Icicle Plate. Snow Cloak
Careful, 256 HP, 190 ATK, 154 DEF, 151 SPATK, 174 SPDEF, 307 Speed

Psychic
Ice Beam
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Give her a Choice Specs, and try getting a Timid one.

Don't worry on items, I can get any that I need.

Mainly I want to prove to this hacker in my class I can beat him with fully legits. Last time, his 100% accurate snorlax finished off my Weavile, both last. If he had missed, my night slash would have finished him. I'd done him pretty down, but he still proved that hacks are better than legits.

I need these pokemon to be transformed into the ultimate team.
Well, I can only hope this team is what you hope to be the Ultimate. Feel free to PM with questions, or about that Gible that I can give you

Ratings?

Image Image
And Umberia from Afonso. Click my sig if you want one like it

Last edited by conman2k8 on Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:55 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i have only one pokemon with me to rate.

infernape: hasty: expert belt / focus band
ev's: 250spd, 150sp atk, 110atk
thunder punch
close combat
grass knot
flamethrower
i did want to add in earthquake, but i didnt know what to take out, grass knot + thunder punch cover all its weaknesses/most pokemon likely to have a super effective move, flamethrower gets stab and is very effective for infernape, and close combat is just awsome, no explaination needed. please tell me whether i should use earthquake. its nature was eitha going to be naive or hasty because he has no def any way, and with his speed he should be able to kill most things before he gets hit.

thanks for rating this pokemon.

Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:54 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I just got this lv 100 Lucario off of the GTS, not sure if it is set up nicely please advise

Lucario - no item yet
Modest - Steadfast - Lv 100
HP- 272 A- 216 D- 152 SpA- 292 SpD- 172 Speed- 231
Aura Sphere
Dark Pulse
Dragon Pulse
Extreme Speed

I was going to try to breed myself an attack Lucario, but this is a SpA set will it be just as good?

Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:11 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Sup, guys.

nabashes wrote:
i have only one pokemon with me to rate.

infernape: hasty: expert belt / focus band
ev's: 250spd, 150sp atk, 110atk
thunder punch
close combat
grass knot
flamethrower
i did want to add in earthquake, but i didnt know what to take out, grass knot + thunder punch cover all its weaknesses/most pokemon likely to have a super effective move, flamethrower gets stab and is very effective for infernape, and close combat is just awsome, no explaination needed. please tell me whether i should use earthquake. its nature was eitha going to be naive or hasty because he has no def any way, and with his speed he should be able to kill most things before he gets hit.

thanks for rating this pokemon.

No need for earthquake; it doesn't hit anything (important) that the other moves don't already cover. I would suggest Nasty Plot over Thunder Punch, but it's too late to get it now, I'm afraid. Life Orb is an option, since, like you said, Infernape already has no defenses, so HP drops are negligible. Watch your EVs; none of them are divisible by 4. You essentially wasted 4 EVs (the other 2 are just extras). Sure, it's one point, but they're worth it.

@ Warlock: Set-wise, it looks decent, but I would suggest breeding for your own, since it's not EV trained and/or has subpar IVs. It's also at level 100, so you can't EV train it even if you wanted to. SDLuke set is better than the SpA set, IMO.

Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:59 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

ignore this post please :?

Last edited by Selsix on Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:20 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

conman2k8 wrote:

Ratings?

HOLY SMOKES I LOVE YOU! I managed to beat him, and my Metagross actually had an attack worth over 400.

You're good, you are REALLY good.

Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:25 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yes I do. Finally someone realized that.

If you have any problems with breeding, Egg moves, IV:s or EV:s, you can ask me. Feel free to ask other things related to competive battling.

Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:12 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I return! This time not to search the extremities of uber, or the quite frank detremities of UU, but in standard old OU.
I have no idea where to start in making a team in the most furious, focused and fast-paced metagame.
So what would any other Psypokian do? Follow Koipen's guide of course!
k enuff tlk mre do.

{forretress}@Leftovers
252 HP / 200 Def / 58 Atk
Sturdy / Impish
Toxic Spikes
Skill Swap
Rapid Spin
Explosion

I based this team on teamwork, so when this pokemon sees a special fire attack it switches to either Heatran to boost, or Vaporeon to wall and sweep, depending on the type. This is my starter, it's sets up Toxic Spikes. I dislike the idea that a pokemon is not at it's full potential, so as it's ability does nothing I decided to put on skill swap. Later in the game it can Rapid Spin or Explode for atleast one kill.

{vaporeon}@Leftovers
252 SpDef / 200 HP / 58 SpAtk
Water Absorb / Calm
Wish
Protect / Roar
Surf
Ice Beam

Token special tank, not sure whether to phaze or stall. Wish support aswell. Friends with Heatran when a water move is suspected.

{dusknoir}@Leftovers
252 HP / 129 SpDef / 129 Atk
Pressure / Impish
Will-O-Wisp
Shadow Sneak
Thunderpunch
Destiny Bond / Pain Split

If anyone knows what my EV's should look like prior to my nature for a steady split of defenses please tell, because Smogon's Dusknoir was extremely biased. This is to stop Rapid Spinners. I know this contradicts Koipen's '3 defensive pokemon = bad' rule, but I think it's necessary.
Destiny Bond insures a KO whereas Pain Split makes him last longer and destroy others, help?

{heatran}@Choice Scarf
252 SpAtk / 236 Speed / 20 HP
Flash Fire / Modest
Fire Blast
Earth Power
Dark Pulse
Dragon Pulse

Taken from Smogon with adaptations. I dislike Hidden Power's because although helpful, they're a french mule to get right.
Hearing that ScarfTran is a god, I chose it over the less favoured SpecsTran. When it see's water it runs it's six legs to Vaporeon.
Resident special sweeper.

{heracross}@Flame Orb
252 Atk / 252 Speed / 6 HP
Guts / Jolly
Swords Dance
Megahorn
Close Combat
Facade / Stone Edge

I couldn't find a decent rock user so I slapped it on this. I'm not sure if this is the most effective Heracross set, but I wanted to have someone to absorb status & it is a beast once it gets rolling.

{togekiss}@Lum Berry
252 HP / 152 / 104 Speed
Serene Grace / Modest
Nasty Plot
Roost
Air Slash
Psychic

This set is based off holes in my coverage. This is meant to be a sweeper more than a tank so yeah.
Isn't as connected as Heatran, Dusknoir, Vaporeon or Forretress.

Obviously I didn't follow Koipen's as closely as intended but it helped so thanks to him.
Mixmence goes hand in hand with Heatran's resistances, although it doesn't have decent coverage with the rest of my team.
I also intended for Curselax to be in there.
I would like the rater to give me a rating out of ten,
and there are no limits, these pokemon can be swapped if you feel that they are out of place.
kthxbai.

Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:05 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Sashimi
Kingdra
Modest @ Haban berry. Swift swim
140 HP, 252 S.ATK, 116 SPEED
-Ice Beam
-Yawn
-Surf
-Rain dance

Purpose:Lead/Dragon Counter

Strategy
Depending on what the opposing lead is likely to do:
Boost stat(s)
Yawn them unless their likely to be carrying a Lum berry. Weville, DD Gyra and BPers are ideal. then set up rain on their switch
Give Status:
Switch out for snorlax/Mismagius, as snorlax absorbs sleep and can rest off anything else and mismagius's Lum heals status. Snorlax walls out common status leads such as Gengar, Bronzong and Yanmega.
Taunts:
Attack.
Sets up weather, rocks, spikes/ stalls or is unlikely to do sufficient damage.
Set up rain and Surf. TTar is unable to OHKO kingdra even w/ a DD and outrage(if haban is there). and without the sand and rain's boost it's an easy OHKO to TTar.(or two hit if it's sashed)
Dragons.
Set rain up if necessary, Haban berry will make any dragon attack a 2HKO, and after rain Kingdra will outspeed all but jolly scarfed ones. Then Ice beam.

Pinot Noir
Mismagius
Calm @ Lum Berry. Levitate
252 HP, 40 DEF, 52 S.ATK, 164 S.DEF
-Skill Swap
-Destiny Bond
-Icy Wind
-Thunderbolt

Purpose:Status and Stall.

Strategy
Switch in on a KO, status or ground/normal/fight moves, then skill swap or attack with boltbeam. The reasoning behind these off type moves is that most expect at least Shadow ball and switch accordingly to, which can be rendered a free switch in for normals and darks. Icy wind helps break the speed of sweepers. Pain split to stay healthy, Skill swap if she can take advantage of it. When things look bad use Destiny bond to grab a KO.
This is a list of skills that she can throw back in OU/BL:
Type absorbs/Flash fire/Motor Drive:Vaporeon, Launturn, Poli-wrath/toad, Lapras, Heatran, Electrivire, as they are likely to attack w/ their STAB moves since Normal/fight/ground moves are out.
Speed boost: Ninjask and Yanmega. Usually wait a turn as they both protect on the 1st and Lum protects from hypnosis.
Serene grace: Togekiss and Skymin. Neither of these Mismagius can take on well but allows a switch in to not get flinched away, as well as Lum gives her a free turn to take togekiss's T-wave.
Natural cure: Blissey mostly, Allows Mismagius to absorb any status blissey can dish and switch out at the open moment.
Guts/poison heal: Usaring, Breloom, and to a lesser extent Swellow. those who hold toxic/flame orb. Flame orb holders are screwed XD.
Shadow Tag: To get away from wobb
Technician: Now that Scizor pulls bullet punch, this skill is common and swapping it takes off some of his power. Boosts Icy wind.
Swift Swim, Sand veil, Chlorophyll, etc.: many users, though with some better candidates to steal from than others.
Static, Flame body: As mismagius cant take physical hits well, it is more of a take-you-with-me strategy.
Pure/Huge Power: Cuts Medicham and Azumarril's attack in half.
Marvel Scale Makes Milotic more open to status as well as making it think twice about attempting hypnosis.
Scrappy: Makes some miltanks and kangaskhan useless against mismagius, though not advised as both will usually carry their other ability/other type moves.
Intimidate: in 2v2 (1v1 it's kinda pointless, but it noteworthy in 2v2 as it will protect my physical partners from the loss as well as a def. boost.)

The Chef
Alakazam
Timid @ Life Orb. Inner focus
252 S.ATK, 220 SPEED, 38 HP
-Psychic
-Signal Beam
-Future Sight
-Substitute

Purpose:Special Sweeper/Glass Cannon

Strategy
Switch in and Sub, then sweep. Bug/Psychic gives coverage to all besides steel, Future sight hits netural to all but requires good prediction to set up, but can combo off well with Hitmontop's Fake Out, Drapion's Roar or giving Mismagius an extra punch. Substitute is there for status absorption, killing the chance of a sucker punch and if it is set up it'll keep zam from going down in one hit.

Garlic
Drapion
Adamant @ Black Sludge. Battle armor
138HP 252 ATK 40DEF 80S.DEF
-Roar
-EQ
-Crunch
-Acupressure/Swords Dance

Purpose:Physical Attacker/Tank/Stat booster.

Strategy
Acupressure on switches can turn him into a Sweeper(atk/spd), Phsy wall(def), tank(s.def), or 40% evasion rate. S.atk and accuracy(for the most part) are dud boosts which give acupressure a 72% rate to boost a good stat. Gaining Mismagius's levatiate in doubles via skill swap gives him no weakness. As well as acupressure can boost allies stats. Roar if the opponents poke has set up or if drapion can't kill, if he's lucky the can grab an acupressue if the opponent switches right back out.If luck isn't your game (or evasion clause is strict.) Swords Dance is used.

Basil
Hitmontop
Adamant @ Focus sash. Technician
252 ATK, 252 HP, 4 SPEED
-Pursuit
-Fake Out
-Mach Punch
-Counter

Purpose: Revenge Killer/Priority Abuser

Strategy
Sent in on fast sweepers of both types, hits and runs. Fake out + Punch on frail sweepers or Sash+counter+punch on the sturdy physical sweepers. Pursuit on ghost/psychics that try and come in for a kill, as well as grabbing a hit on those expecting fake out and switch.

Fondant
Snorlax
Sassy @ Thick fat. Leftovers
252 HP, 44 DEF, 160 S.DEF, 52 ATK,
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Body Slam
-Fire Punch

Purpose:Status absorber/wall.

Strategy
Can't be really creative with a Sleep talk set. Rest and sleep talk to stay healthy. Body slam for stab+Para support. Fire punch hits steels like bronzong and scizor that think they can set up on him. In 2v2 he's a fine recipient of acupressure.

Last edited by MasonTheChef on Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:22 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:25 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Prof. Dom wrote:
I return! This time not to search the extremities of uber, or the quite frank detremities of UU, but in standard old OU.
I have no idea where to start in making a team in the most furious, focused and fast-paced metagame.
So what would any other Psypokian do? Follow Koipen's guide of course!
k enuff tlk mre do.

{forretress}@Leftovers
252 HP / 200 Def / 58 Atk
Sturdy / Impish
Toxic Spikes
Skill Swap
Rapid Spin
Explosion

I based this team on teamwork, so when this pokemon sees a special fire attack it switches to either Heatran to boost, or Vaporeon to wall and sweep, depending on the type. This is my starter, it's sets up Toxic Spikes. I dislike the idea that a pokemon is not at it's full potential, so as it's ability does nothing I decided to put on skill swap. Later in the game it can Rapid Spin or Explode for atleast one kill.

Looks alright. Looks decent enough. Careful for taunters. Lol, don't make the mistake of exploding on the Pokemon that you skill swapped with. :lol:

{vaporeon}@Leftovers
252 SpDef / 200 HP / 58 SpAtk
Water Absorb / Calm
Wish
Protect / Roar
Surf
Ice Beam

Token special tank, not sure whether to phaze or stall. Wish support aswell. Friends with Heatran when a water move is suspected.

Go with 252 Def and Bold nature, cuz it makes it tank better. It doesn't need sp.Def EVs, cuz it's supposed to be switching into water and fire attacks (hence Forretress, Heracross, and Heatran). It can potentially take rock attacks aimed at Togekiss and Hera too, if it has max def and +def nature. That, and its S.Def is respectable as it is. I know from experience that +Def and max def EVs work real well. I personally would use Protect over Roar, but it depends on whether or not the team can take care of stat-uppers. Or you can use Roar as a way to harass opponents once you have spikes/toxic spikes set up.

{dusknoir}@Leftovers
252 HP / 129 SpDef / 129 Atk
Pressure / Impish
Will-O-Wisp
Shadow Sneak
Thunderpunch
Destiny Bond / Pain Split

If anyone knows what my EV's should look like prior to my nature for a steady split of defenses please tell, because Smogon's Dusknoir was extremely biased. This is to stop Rapid Spinners. I know this contradicts Koipen's '3 defensive pokemon = bad' rule, but I think it's necessary.
Destiny Bond insures a KO whereas Pain Split makes him last longer and destroy others, help?

Extremely biased? Maybe in the specific sets themself, but if you were to scroll down to the "EVs" section, they said you can spit the remaining EVs among the two defenses. Just take the 129 Atk and put it in defense. That would give you 371 def and 336 S.Def. If you literally want even defenses then go with 65 def and 193 s.def. That gives you 354 in both defenses. Of course, this is assuming you have perfect def and s.def IVs. Go with Pain Split, cuz Dusknoir is too slow to use Destiny Bond effectively; they have the option of switching out.

3 defensive Pokemon does not equal bad; stall teams exist, you know. :wink:

{heatran}@Choice Scarf
252 SpAtk / 236 Speed / 20 HP
Flash Fire / Modest
Fire Blast
Earth Power
Dark Pulse
Dragon Pulse

Taken from Smogon with adaptations. I dislike Hidden Power's because although helpful, they're a french mule to get right.
Hearing that ScarfTran is a god, I chose it over the less favoured SpecsTran. When it see's water it runs it's six legs to Vaporeon.
Resident special sweeper.

Standard. Why not Explosion instead of Dark Pulse? Dark Pulse doesn't hit anything particularly important.

{heracross}@Flame Orb
252 Atk / 252 Speed / 6 HP
Guts / Jolly
Swords Dance
Megahorn
Close Combat
Facade / Stone Edge

I couldn't find a decent rock user so I slapped it on this. I'm not sure if this is the most effective Heracross set, but I wanted to have someone to absorb status & it is a beast once it gets rolling.

Take advantage of Facade and Flame Orb. Don't worry about not having a rock user; Facade can take out bulky Gyarados who intimidates you (that's as bulky as flyers get, aside from Skarmory).

{togekiss}@Lum Berry
252 HP / 152 / 104 Speed
Serene Grace / Modest
Nasty Plot
Roost
Air Slash
Psychic

This set is based off holes in my coverage. This is meant to be a sweeper more than a tank so yeah.
Isn't as connected as Heatran, Dusknoir, Vaporeon or Forretress.

Go with Aura Sphere, since it has better type coverage overall, and it takes care of the things that resist Air Slash.

Obviously I didn't follow Koipen's as closely as intended but it helped so thanks to him.
Mixmence goes hand in hand with Heatran's resistances, although it doesn't have decent coverage with the rest of my team.
I also intended for Curselax to be in there.
I would like the rater to give me a rating out of ten,
and there are no limits, these pokemon can be swapped if you feel that they are out of place.
kthxbai.

You don't have to follow Koipen's guide exactly like it tells you. :lol: It's just a guideline for beginners, so they can move in the right direction. Mixmence doesn't have decent coverage with the other members?! It has superb coverage as a stand-alone Pokemon. Dragon hits everything for neutral except steel, fire hits steels hard, ground/fighting takes care of most steel types as well, and the fourth slot could be rock/water/dark/roost. <-- most sets use those types. Of course, you don't have to use one if you don't want.

Curselax sounds cool, and it seems to fit into that defensive theme your team seem to use. Overall, looks like a pretty decent team.

Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:50 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm fairly sure Sturdy negates Sheer Cold, Fissure and the like.
The idea of Vaporeon was to fill the role of a special tank as in SkarmBliss but ForreVap, I will take your advice however.
Didn't read the EV's :/ thanks.
Yeah I prefer stall teams to sweep teams but I wasn't sure on a mix.
I didn't put on Explosion because I already have one exploder and I took Dark Pulse for better coverage.
I'll take your advice on not bothering about coverage, and mixmence's set has already been covered.
(Dragon, Fire, Fighting) Thanks for your rate!

Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:59 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 1575 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63  Next