It is currently Sat Jun 08, 2024 12:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 528 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 22  Next
 Unofficial PsyPoke Gym League: SIGN UPS ARE CLOSED 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Gym Theme: Fossil Team

Gym Battle Type: Single

Primary Team: Armaldo @ Focus sash, Cradily @ Life Orb, Aerodactyl @ Quick Claw, Rampardos @ Amulet Coin, Bastiodon @ Exp. share, Weavile @ Razor Claw

Last edited by Pokemaster92 on Sun May 16, 2010 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 15, 2010 12:19 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

You don't post your Movesets! Now everyone will know how to beat you if you are excepted!

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sat May 15, 2010 12:50 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

@Pokemaster92: Yeah, you may want to edit out levels and movesets since levels are irrelevant and movesets give away your whole strategy. Also, make sure you poat in the correct format as specified by the original post. Also, I have to think about you because we already have a Rock/Ground Gym Leader and yours is very similar.

EDIT SO I'M NOT DOUBLE POSTING: Just test battled Psychic_Espeon_16 and I came out victorious. He had a few problems, but they were minor and he put up a good fight, so he passes. I've lost track of how many leaders that is "officially" so I'll look at the list later. I still haven't decided on a Tournament date, but I think it's going to be happening in the summer so all y'all know. I've got two weeks of high school left, and I'm just going to coast my way through it without stress, so don't bother me with dates/administrative work. Just keep your eyes open for the "Unofficial Official Psypoke Gym Leaders' Placement Tournament" to appear in the near future. I'll use random drawing to make brackets and whatnot, while deciding byes as they arise. Dun wry its k.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Sat May 15, 2010 4:19 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Water types, pokemon:gyrados,leppa berry;lotad,splash plate;krabby,quick claw

Mon May 17, 2010 7:11 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Scizor Rules wrote:
Water types, pokemon:gyrados,leppa berry;lotad,splash plate;krabby,quick claw

sorry thats not quite a team

Mon May 17, 2010 7:22 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

hehe. my sentiments exactly. and don't we already have a water gym? um.. psychic espeon, i think, wasnt it?

Mon May 17, 2010 2:12 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Since our badge maker hasn't produced anything yet I made my own
below is a detailed look at it and here it is a sig sized versions, I did shinashu tajis badge as well
I decided to Call it the Haboob Badge(No its not a dirty word)
Image Image Image

This a is a haboob or Massive sandstorm

Tue May 18, 2010 11:21 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Badges so far:

1. Mektar's Emobadge
2. Shinashu Taji's Passionbadge
3. /vXv\\'s Hab-oobbadge
4. Emin Jofit's Bluebadge
5. TheKid's Zapbadge
6. MasterChef's Laxbadge
7. Psychic_Espeon_16's Tidebadge

Let me know if you two don't like the name of your badge, and I'll change it.

I'll update this post with any new ones I make.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Last edited by Mektar on Sun May 23, 2010 5:05 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Tue May 18, 2010 2:53 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I think that I'll stick with my Hab-oob Badge(Pronounces Hab-ub)

Beside This / hour glass is only 1/2 an inch tall and it actually works I don't care that much if my badge is ornate

Tue May 18, 2010 4:18 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I edited your badge so it looks like yours while retaining the simplistic feel. :) now?

Mektar out.

Tue May 18, 2010 5:11 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Much better but It still needs a little more detail
Image <- Super detailed and Anime Style -> Image

The key parts of the hour glass are the exetremly narrow middle and the inverted V's X connected to it
your design is too circular to work
also yours look like its entirely full of sand, hour glasses are only half full
and I want mine to have most of the sand at the bottom, like time is almost out
plus its a shiny solrock on top
Also the bats need 2 eyes

Other that that I Like your design a lot.

Tue May 18, 2010 6:16 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

That's great /vXv\! I didn't even know they were bats XD. You might as well just steal my job :(

Mektar out.

Tue May 18, 2010 6:34 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Mektar wrote:
That's great /vXv\! I didn't even know they were bats XD. You might as well just steal my job :(

Don't worry about it man! That's half (or more) of what graphic design is about; figuring out what the customer wants. Good communication between the two will yield the best results ;)

you're badges look good, keep it up

Tue May 18, 2010 6:45 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I added grains of sand for effect.

Mektar out.

Tue May 18, 2010 6:48 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Looks great Mektar, just a thing I would rather have it called Incendie badge. Incendie is a way of saying fire in french, which stems from the word incendiary.

Tue May 18, 2010 6:53 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Attachment:
hourglassICON.png

I made an hourglass one for fun, little simpler, due to I think it being impossible to accurately place an identifiable shiny solrock on a 32x32 image.

The size of the pic was based off the images found here:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Gym_Badges

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue May 18, 2010 7:18 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Got my badge design! I found the image under Google Images. So work your magic Mektar! & Thanks.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader.

PM me for a casual battle or for the Gym Badge once the League is up.

Wed May 19, 2010 12:00 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Great work Mektar and /vXv\. Those are pretty neat. I like the design you've picked, TheKid: simple, yet cool. I'm too lazy to make my design, but I'll go Google something soon here. I'm thinking just a blue crayon or something quirky like that.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Wed May 19, 2010 1:31 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I might as well throw my name in, also items may alter as I am very indecisive

Gym Theme: Ice

Gym Battle Type: Single 6V6

Primary Team:

Weavile@ Focus sash <----- EDIT

Glaceon@ Wise glasses

Mamoswine@ Icy Stone

Abomasnow@ Life Orb

Froslass@ Bright Powder

Wild card- Kingdra@ Leftovers

Last edited by Ethereal Ice on Wed May 19, 2010 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 19, 2010 2:06 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Emporer of Ice wrote:
I might as well throw my name in:

Primary Team:

Weavile@ Muscle Band

Glaceon@ Wise glasses

Mamoswine@ Icy Stone

Abomasnow@ Life Orb

Froslass@ Bright Powder

arggh I was just working on an ice team :P

Wed May 19, 2010 2:30 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Emporer of Ice wrote:
I might as well throw my name in:

Primary Team:

Weavile@ Muscle Band

Glaceon@ Wise glasses

Mamoswine@ Icy Stone

Abomasnow@ Life Orb

Froslass@ Bright Powder

Why Icy Rock on Mamo? Abomasnow whips up perma Hail so having it on Mamo is redundant and retarded.

Wed May 19, 2010 2:50 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Would any one challenging an ice gym really let me run hail all game? It is logical to have a contingency plan, tho it might be idiotic i have yet to fully vet the idea

Wed May 19, 2010 3:11 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Its not that its a contingency plan, once you eliminate the opponents Sunny Day user or Sandstorm bringer which should be your priority, Icy Rock is unnecessary. Also as a Hail user you have to be ready to eliminate counters for your team by using moves that are strong against them.

Wed May 19, 2010 3:17 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

yeah I've got the moves on a separate document with relevance to multiple enemies, i've got a fairly decent coverage

Wed May 19, 2010 3:21 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

So how far along is this till completion? I'm thinking about re-joining if there's room.

Heavyweights, Pokes >450lb. Very heavy lean on physical moves.

Snorlax
Hariyama
Torterra
Metagross
Gyarados
Mamoswine

Make Items for them later.

Wed May 19, 2010 3:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 528 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 22  Next