It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next
 Land of Arpee - I'm Just So Proud 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

((Oh great. I'm running out of ideas! Oh well, I guess the 'barely breathing, about to die VERY quickly' approach will have to do.))

"It's a good thing I grabbed the Relix... before I set off that trap." Angela was having trouble breathing.
Roy, didn't you say earlier that dragon's blood is a potent poison? What if... what if I was poisoned with it? as if to make things worse for her, past memories zipped by her-she couldn't imagine why, however-even after she blacked out again.

((Should I go with the '3...2...1...Angela's healed' or the 'find an antidote' approach?))

Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:00 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Drakaan, hearing Angela's thoughts, wandered back into the pyramid-thing, transforming back to Roy. He kneeled down by Angela, careful not to set off any more traps. "Dragons are rare around here...I doubt it was dragon's blood..." he said.

I've got to get that arrow out...

((I think the 'Poof, she's healed' thing would do pretty well here, as if it was dragon's blood there is no antidote :wink: Plus, the gems on Drakaan, remember how they glowed? They can heal, but at the expense of Drakaan/Roy...))

Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:08 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

((Who's still inside the temple at this point? I think only Roy said that he had left, but then he came back in.))

Hooray, we're saved. Pardon my lack of enthusiasm, but we were still in the temple, which is a deathtrap. And I don''t tend to like things that try to kill me.

Oddly, however, when the door opened, the tiles stopped changing. And it couldn't have been any later, since we were now reduced to quite a small area of non-killer tiles, but it was enough to hold us until we all flew out.

I was Horus again, and had spread my massive wings in preparation for flight, when a small stone bounced off my hawk-head. I turned, eyes blazing, and bellowed, "WHO THREW THAT?!?!"

Before anyone could answer, another two stones, slightly larger then the first, clattered to the floor beside, just barely within the reaches of our island. I looked up and saw more stones, each increasingly larger, come speeding towards the ground, directly over the danger-tiles. I sent some small Detonations at those closest to the tiles, but more were falling from the high ceiling overhead.

"Don't let those rocks hit the tiles!" I called.

((I hope what I came up with is OK.))

Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:43 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

What the--?! Roy thought as a rock hit him. He looked up, seeing more rocks flying down towards them...Without thinking, he grabbed Angela, let the wings grow again, and pulled her out of the pyramid. He then flew back in, still hovering off the tiles (And being pelted with small rocks). "We need to get everyone out of here that can't fly." he said to Lippie and Murman. "I'm sure that the three of us are capable of this..."

Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:07 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

All around me, I had been trying to keep the stones from hitting the tiles, with the occasional arrow whizzing by after I had failed to blow up a rock. They were falling faster now, so I sent out a quick Flux, destroying most of the stones that were closest to the ground. Seeing my window of opportunity, I grabbed Undead and beat the air with my wings. We sped towards the door as the rocks returned, many now large enough to cover several tiles, and the barrage of arrows continued their assault.

We made it out of the door, and I dumped Undead unceremoniously upon a patch of swamp-weeds.

"Let's hope Lippie gets out soon", I said. I called to the floating object from a safe distance away from the door "Don't worry about that blue lizard, he'll only slow you down!!"

Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:36 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Roy flipped back to Drakaan. Yes, again. "No, he won't." She flew behind Stewart and headbutted him hard, sending him out the door and landing near Undead and Murman.

And to save some time... She did the same to Lippie, but not as hard as with Stewart (Lippie's a bit lighter, he would've gone sailing through the air). Once that was done, she grabbed the Relix that was dropped and started flying at the door.

But since Murman wasn't blowing up rocks anymore, a rock hit a target tile and another arrow shot out from the back of the pyramid. Drakaan winced as the arrow hit her at the base of her left wing. She dropped down on the steps of the pyramid and stumbled over to the others, handing the Relix off to someone. Immediately afterwards, she collapsed.

I can't move...wait...the arrow from Angela's back...where is it...?

((Heh, it can't be dragons blood. It'd have no effect on a real dragon))

Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:45 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Stewart landed outside the temple with a thump. "I've could've gotten out on my own; there was no need to shove me out." he sighed as he dusted himself off.

Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:55 pm
Profile YIM
is very close to getting banned

Picking himself up grumpily, Lippie nodded. "Yeah, I can escape dangerous situations on my own you know." Looking at his tail, he winced. It was badly swollen and bright purple all around the bite mark.

"I'll feel that in the morning." he remarked.

Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:18 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'm trying to move...but it won't let me....I'm trying to listen...I can hear them...I don't want to go...

Drakaan was trying to move; that was evident due to her wings/legs jerking every few seconds. She was also trying to make noise, but she could only manage a soft mumble. The poison had to have been a neurotoxin...and a decently strong one on that arrow for it to have stopped a dragon.

Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:18 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Undead was, strangely enough, completely silent during this whole ordeal. Suddenly he had a thought. He ran into the temple, jumped the coloured tiles, and ran to Angela. He grabbed her, put a hand on her forehead, and said, "get out of the way! I need the Relix!" Undead pushed her away and grabbed the Relix that was lying beneath her.

It seemed to be some sort of golden accordian. He bit it and was satisfied to see his teethmarks in the gold. "See? I knew I was right! I knew this was real gold! Which means this isn't the real Relix! What kind of idiot would make a dangerous weapon out of gold?! An idiot would! A stupid one!" Undead ran over and kicked the plinth on which the Relix had stood. It teetered, tottered, and fell over with a great *THUD!* to reveal-

"A trapdoor! I found a trapdoor! Come on you guys!"

Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:09 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((Read my post from a while ago. Roy pulled Angela out of the pyramid, then he went back in for the Relix as Drakaan and got shot with an arrow.))

Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:36 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

"Well, that sort of sucks", I said. "All that work, two people shot with poisonous arrows, and we still haven't done what we came here to do."

I sighed and picked up Angela, careful not to cause any more harm, put up a Shield around us, and quickly fle her into the temple. A couple of arrows bounced off of the Shield, but it held for the most part, though I think the arrows had iron heads. Iron is bad. After placing Angela gently inside the safety of the trap door, I flew back out, grabbed Stewart, and tossed him none to gently into the center of the room. He could make it from there.

Now there was the issue of Drakaan. I changed form once again into a four armed golem, and lifted the massive prone dragon up with every available limb. Once again erecting a Shield around us, I charged back into the temple. I obviously paid no heed to the flying arrows, since it would be impossible to fly, this was my only option. Though the ocasional arrow that had managed to penetrate my defenses, and scrape against the golems stone back, I could just as easily have gone without.

We made it to the center of the room, but now I was presented with another problem. Drakaan couldn't fit through the trapdoor.

"Your gonna have to muster up the strength to change, or else we could be mighty uncomfortable", I told the dragon.

Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:05 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Change...change... Drakaan tried as hard as she could and managed to transform back, but this form was weaker.

"Quickly...go...can't...hold this...form..."

Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:14 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

((I'm gonna assume that Stewart managed to get into the trapdoor.))

The rocks that fell all around us were quite massive now, and each one that struck the ground sent whole volleys of arrows speeding towards us. It appeared as though the whole ceiling was going to fall, which might be something of a problem for us.

I lowered the wounded Roy into the trapdoor, then quickly changed to the dark-haired boy and dove in, sealing the trapdoor behind me. And not a moment to soon.

A booming crash overhead...

...more crashing...

...crashing that sounds remarkably similar to the previous crashing...

I think it's safe to assume that the ceiling did fall in. Oh yes, and it's still crashing. I was absent-mindedly playing with a lock of greasy hair, when the crashing finally stopped.

"So whoever made this thing designed it to cave in as a defense against intruders? Well, that was-"

CRASH!!

Angry, I punched the trapdoor overhead. Silence, interupted only by my painful squeaks.

Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:08 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Drakaan fought to keep the form of Roy for as long as she could, while trying to remember an old healing spell she learned from a dragon of the Elder Breed...

How did it go...I think I remember...it's worth a shot...I hope this is right... She began reciting the words in her head, unwittingly mumbling a few. The spell for Roy started fading. After a moment, it was Drakaan again...but smaller due to limited space.

The gems on her began shining, faintly at first, but brighter every second. A few moments later, Drakaan stumbled to her feet. She twisted around and pulled the arrow out of her wing, then turned back to Roy as best she could.

"Never felt a hurt like that...Where am I? Oh...yeah. I think I remember..."

He glanced over and saw Angela. He walked over and kneeled by her. She didn't have the arrow stuck in her back anymore...

Guess it worked...at least she'll be alright...

"...Murmanthius, thanks for bringing us down here. I don't know why I'm saying this because it seems there's no way out..."

Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:19 pm

Lippie swore loudly. "Hey!! What about me?! Oh f***!!" Flying around outside the temple in distresss, he wondered what to do. The others had all disappeared into the trapdoor, and he hadn't gotten through in time. Now the door was completely covered over in heavy rocks.
"I'd have to be a spirit to get through that -ow my tail!" Grabbing his tail as a throb of pain shot through it, he stared miserably at the blocked temple.
"Great.. Now what do I do..?"

Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:33 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

"Wait...where's Lippie?!" Roy said. He wasn't especially fond of the half-dragon thing, but he didn't want him to have been killed...

<Lippie...can you hear me?>

Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:36 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

"Oops", I said, noticing that our party was one short. "Darn it! Why couldn't I have forgotten Stewart? Oh well."

I was a bit tired after that little adventure. I flopped to the ground and landed on something hard. I gritted my teeth and pulled from behind me... a rock. Ouch.

((Does anyone want to describe our sorroundings? I'm too tired.))

Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:50 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Undead looked around, a little disoriented after the lack of excitement. They seemed to be in some sort of tiny pit, with absolutely no way out. No tunnels. No doorways. No nothing. They were trapped. "We're trapped," Undead sighed, shaking his head, "but at least that flying beastie ain't here with us. A the coffee isn't here either... wait a second! NO COFFEE!? NOOOOOO!!!!!!"

Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:06 pm

<I hear you, Roy> Lippie responded, still investigating his surroundings.

<Are you guys able to get out anywhere? I'm gonna try and tunnel my way in>

Landing on the ground, Lippie transformed into a Pokemon. Small and brown with a red button nose and sharp front claws, the Diglett was what he thought to be a prime choice of form for the situation.

"Lippie my boy, you've struck gold again." he murmured happily as he bagan digging.

Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:09 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Angela looked slightly furious as she got up and dusted herself off.
"I'm grateful yo guys got me out of more danger, but I'm more grateful I had enough of my strength to pull that arrow out myself!" it didn't take her long to notice someone was missing. She pressed her hand to the trapdoor.
"With a little-actually, a lot- luck, I could free us. But I'd need someone up there with psychic or Pryokensis helping me."

Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:55 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

"So, now we're here, so where's the Relix?", I asked. "If I did all that work for nothing, some one here is going to die, and it's not me or that spider on the corner."

Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:47 pm

"I'm a-workin on the railroad.." Lippie hummed as he dug happily through the ground.

<Guys? Which way are you? I'm probably going in entirely the wrong direc-OOPH!>

Stopped suddenly by the dull thud of his head on a large concrete surface, Lippie shook his head.

<Uh, guys? That room you're in - it's not concreted is it?>

Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:56 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

"Boy, I can't possibly imagine who you're thinking of," sighed Stewart. "Anyway, we better hurry before we run out of oxygen and we have to eat someone," he finished, glancing at Murman.

"Just make sure you turn into a turtle first."

Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:16 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

"If you ate me, I would blow you up from the inside. And then I would kill your remains. And eat them. And then my insides would kill them again. And I would be laughing the whole time", I said. I should have tossed him into the path of an oncoming arrow. But I'm too good a spirit for that.

Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next