It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next
 PokeMorphs RP 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

((Just fyi rex, the four pokemorphs Leo has of his profile are not recent more like future. And I've yet to change when he has them. But after this side venture he'll have three, unless until boom hops out the darkness inside him (his fourth pokemorph). Oh, and Leo turned back into a human. Remember how young people were disappearing in the mountains? Well, I thought we could introduce exactly how that happened... ;) ))

Leo sighed, thanking Cassie for not being so rough with him. The multiple trials of the mountainness terrain were tough to cross. Garchomp was the perfect pokemon for the job. Leo took comfort that Cassie was with him, especially since she seemed to be the strongest out of all of them. She really did remind him of Elizabeth...

"Hey, about who you were impersonating back there... Sarah's real name is actually Elizabeth. When we left Ilex, we agreed to use false names, because we were on the run, afterall... The name Leo's false as well... Since Elizabeth betrayed us, I wouldn't be hard to guess she doesn't need to hide her identity anymore... That's why the people know her as Elizabeth, and Elemental. I worked that out from the policeman... Anyway, I just thought you should know."

The creepy feeling of being watched started the haunt Leo again... Were they abound the clearings above them? No, it was like their eyes were in every direction. A sudden gust of wind blew passed them... Leo started to freak out, "Go a little faster, okay? I want to get out of here..."

Suddenly, Leo's heart almost gave way. A soft but gentle lulluby filled his being... The beast inside him roared, but Leo fell under it's spell... He fell onto the Garchomp's back tiredly, speaking wearily, "...Cassie... Dark Cave... I want to be with her... Hurry..." A Blizzard started to rain down upon them. It was too unnatural, supernatural.

Perish Song count down. 4 more turns... Would Cassie realise it and make it in time before Perish Song ended? Or would Leo's life end like the many others?

((Basically, the count down will end once you start battling with your pokemon. The threat of Leo dying will end there and Leo can get up and fight his pokemon.))

Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:01 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: A blue police box somewhere near the Medusa Cascade
<A false name?> I turned my head to regard him as we kept walking. <Then if you don't mind me asking, what is your real name?>

The song tugged at the edge of my hearing-- I growled aloud in confusion, looking around as Leo slumped, adrenalin making my heart hammer even as I glared around and hissed a dragon challenge to the unseen foe. It must be Perish Song, that means there's a Ghost or a Normal type capable of using that around...

Grabbing Leo in a foreclaw, I hastily yanked him towards the cave mouth-- thankfully, it wasn't too far away-- then the ice storm pelted against my hide and the Garchomp and I both let out a roar of pain.

Damnation, I forgot that dragons are weak to ice, and Garchomp is doubly so! Even as I darted for shelter, my brain was hastily putting the pieces together, trying to identify our mysterious attacker. Perish Song and Blizzard. There's only a few Pokemon I know that can do that... Wigglytuff... and--

The image of a pair of yellow eyes with a purple diamond between them floated into my mind, and I swore in a string of harsh sounding Garchomp growling. It all made sense now, the two moves and the string of people disappearing...

Finally, we made it to the cave, the ice shards stinging my hide like knives. Putting down Leo, I demorphed as quickly as I could and shook him, hard. "Leo, we're under attack, there's a rogue Ice type out there and it's powerful. Hurry up and morph, that thing used Perish Song, and it'll kill you if you stay in human shape. Try to stay put." I cracked my knuckles and smiled ferally. "I'll handle the Ice type."

Stepping out of the cave into a blast of frigid air, I stretched my arms out and reached for my Charizard, the fiery dragon grumbling in pleasure at the prospect of what it saw as a good workout, but remained human, preparing to shift all at once at the last second. "Oi! Whoever you are, come out and deal with me properly! Don't sneak around, and don't target my friends!"

((if you want you can NPC the Froslass :D I'm usually not around on the weekends so it might take a while for me to reply.))

Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:09 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((Ok, so I guess when Crunchy and LM finish their sidequest, we could go and start sparring. All my morphs are updated, and I have 3. I still need to try and get an Arcanine, Accelgor, and some type of Water Pokemon. The Arcanine will be the first/last Morph I get in this region. Also, you called me Leo a few posts back. :)))

After relaxing a little, I washed my face off and picked up a PokeBall that Axel found. I smiled, reminding myself of the PokeBall I got from Dad so long ago. I tossed it around smiling and laughing. Then when Axel went outside with a knife, I went to see what he was doing. He was making a memorial for Bill and Katya.

"They were both good people." I said.

See how it sings like a sad heart, and joyously screams out its pain
Sounds that build high like a mountain, and notes that fall gently like rain."

~Neil Peart

Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:08 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Three turns remaining... The further Cassie pushed on, the louder the lulluby became... Leo gazed in a state between consciousness and unconsciousness... His bandana blew back and forth in the harsh cold winds... He wanted to be with that person... He wanted to help and protect her... There was a sudden smile on his face. He would be with her soon.

Two turns remaining... Cassie pushed through as she tried to withstand the Blizzard while holding onto Leo in his helpless state... Leo could hear a faint trotting sound as they walked down the mountainside... He could hear the sounds of a horse naying... The lady who was calling out to him through song... She was being chased...

One turn remaining... Cassie was almost there... Her Garchomp was taking as much as it could handle, but like hell was she going to let a friend die. The song in Leo's head rang in his mind. His eyes turning in the back of his head... They reached above a cliff face onto a open area of white... Leo could hear the clear sounds of the horse pokemon falling, and the lady collapsing to the ground...

Zero turns remaining... "Leo --- under attack, there's a ------------------ it's powerful. Hurry up and ---------------- used Perish Song, and it'll -------------- "

"Wh-Who's there...? Leo...? Who's Leo...? Oh, that's my name, isn't it...? There's a powerful what...? Perish Song...? But, I'm fine..."

Leo fell completely unconscious inside this trance... He was wondering... He could completely see the woman now... Her feelings, her courage, her compassion, her love... She loved pokemon just as much as he did, maybe even more... They were born to complete each other... Leo stumbled up, slumping over to where the lady's song was coming from, and unknowingly into the clunches of the icy ghost pokemon, Froslass... It's yellow eyes descending onto him.

---

Meanwhile, from the darkness of the cave... Glowing eyes pierced all around Cassie, somewhat trying to throw her off... Then, came out a monstrous pokemon... It stomped out from the darkness and bellowed, exploding a ring of furious flames around its neck... It gazed down at the young human... The Typhlosion was quite old, it's fair fur glow a tinge a grey, but still a very powerful pokemon none the less... It had a large scar down its left eye, a terrible permanent injury that looked look a war wound too many years ago... This pokemon had a sadness in its eyes... A terrible tragety had befallen it... No, it was more like something horrible happened to someone special in its past.... The Typhlosion glared at the human before it. You could sense this pokemon's hatred of humans... The cave crumbled and made sudden sounds from within the darkness. The presence of all his deceased friends were watching... Typhlosion was ready to attack.

---

Leo smiled, falling into the darkness once again... It was that familiar feeling. It was alomost like when he first met Midnight, the dragon who dwelled inside him. He was at peace again. But something bugged at him. Those voices were coming back to him.

"No matter how dark a pokemon, they are how they are because of horrible past experiences, or being used themselves from a bad person..." "A pokemon's heart can always be changed..." "It may take time, but all they need is someone to connect to them..." "All pokemon wants is to be loved and acknowledged, even in death..." "Someone with a strong heart..." "Leo, I think you have the strongest heart out of all of us..." "Size doesn't matter, you're as big as you feel..." "My dream... It's important to me..." "Is revenge so really important?" "Believe in yourself, my darling..." "Take care of your sister, okay..." "Dylan... No matter what happens, we will always love you..."

Leo became teary, still falling in this darkness... He wasn't ready to go with that lady yet... He wanted to live and fight with his friends... He had so much to do, so much to live for... He couldn't go yet, not yet! Suddenly, the bellowing roar of the dragon echoed inside him, filling him with light as he opened his glimmering eyes, his sister reaching a hand towards him as he reached for it with a bright smile.

Leo woke up, eyeing the unfamiliar ceiling of a dark cave... He mummured a little, somewhat all choked up... "A cave...? But, how did I get here...? Wait, Cassie...?" It was while he stared, a pokemon looked down oddly at him nose to nose, "Huh...? Wah!!" Leo jumped in a startle, getting himself up. The white pokemon floated there, looking somewhat confused at him. Leo stared, starting to glare, "Hey, you're a Froslass, aren't you...? But, what are you doing in a place like this...? Huh...? Wait, hold on! I remember now!!" he suddenly remembered, becoming cranky. The song, the lady, everything. Cassie had saved him, and he didn't even realise it until now.

Leo grunted, turning away from the ghost pokemon, "...I'm sorry, but I'm not staying with you. I have a lot I need to do before I go. I can't end up dying yet!" And with that, he ran off to find Cassie.

---

Following the Dark Cave deeper inside, he felt an intense heat coming from within. Closing in, he witnessed a burst of two flamethrowers colliding and hitting head to head, their long casts of shadow reaching out and circling the cavern walls from the distance. The vicious and intense nature of it told him two fire powerful pokemon were trading blows... "There!" he called, Leo running up faster. He entered the cave Cassie was battling a Typhlosion. So, THAT'S the fiery pokemon! Leo jumped in, "Cassie, I'm alright! Hey, watch out!!" Suddenly, Froslass appeared from behind her, blasting her with an Ice Beam, "Cassie!! No!!" Leo screamed, darting in to help her however he could. However, the Typhlosion, still bloodthristy, caught whiff of the young man. Instead of focusing on Cassie, went ahead and made a charging stampede for Leo. Leo gasped, frozen in sheer terror. Think of a pokemon quick! Think! Think! Think! He fell backwards, landing on his backside. No way! This is it! This is it!

Suddenly, everything went quiet... Leo opened his right eye, slowly, opening his second to keep sure he wasn't just dreaming again... The old and grey Typhlosion was simply standing there, looking at Leo strangely... It was almost as if it were happy. The ring of threatening fire was completely gone, too. Leo couldn't believe it. What did he do? And how the heck did he do it? Suddenly, something bizarre ran straight through him and popped right out of Leo's chest in front of him. Leo gasped in shock as a small ghostly Cyndaquil happily ran up toward the Typhlosion. How was this even possible...? Leo began thinking. He wasn't even wearing the Silph Scope! The old Typhlosion laughed, falling back to have a seat and bumping heads with the small fry. It looked like they were old buddies... Leo was a little scared of what this meant for him... But he soon cracked a smile as the two played together. Why was the reason he could see Cyndaquil?

He was puzzled, but they weren't the only questions he had on his mind. How were these guys connected to the Froslass, or rather, the reborn spirit of the lady...?

((Just a heads up, only Leo can see the Cyndaquil, and no, Leo isn't dead lol.))

Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:20 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((Nah, we can start sparring whenever; it's not too important. It'll be more of a writing experience combined with character dev., at least the way it is in my mind. Also, if I called you Leo, my bad. @everyone: we're going to start trying to slow down with the acquisition of morphs. I want everyone to have at least three when we leave here; so probably +1 morphs, maybe +2, depending on circumstance, lol.))

Without turning around to face Seth, I nodded. "It's only fair; they're the ones who sacrificed literally everything for our sake. Bill gave up a really long life and a peaceful death to help us out, especially Leo; Katya... Well, she saved my life at the cost of her own. This is the least I can do." A tear ran down my cheek.

Engraved in the bark of the wood were a few words:

Bill
Pokemon Researcher, Inventor
Benefactor to Humanity

Katya
Daughter of Chrono
Gave her life for another

You will be missed.
RIP

I put the day's date beneath the two entries. It was a simple memorial; if we won one day in the future, there would be a larger one for both of them. As well as for people like Chrono, who helped us out of the goodness of their hearts, despite the toughness of the times.

I turned to Seth. "So, what should we do now? We could start dinner for when Cassie and Leo get home, we could read up on Governess Catherine..." A mischeivous grin came to my eyes to accompany an idea that occurred to me.

"Or we could spar in the clearing over there. Whaddya say?"

((btw, Bill's not dead, for the record. But we won't be seeing him for awhile yet.))

Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:35 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((I'm posting this on my iPod, so let's hope this gets posted and safari doesnt crash, lol.))

Axel said we could make dinner after putting his say in about Katya and Bill, then said we could try sparring. "That would be great!" I said, a huge smile wiping across my face. "Making dinner can wait-" I stopped talking and laughed. "I just sounded like my Dad, putting off dinner 'til later." I paused again, then said, "You know, the group is starting to feel like family. Or at least it does to me. I'm having an awesome time doing this, by the way. It's the most fun I've had in years..." I got so carried away with letting those feelings out, I had to take a second to remember what I was talking about before. "Oh, and about the sparring. Dinner can wait, I'll go get the others."

I turned and ran toward the house. After a few steps, I stopped and looked back at Axel. "Hey, if you do think of the group as a family," I put on a big smile. "You'd make a pretty good mother." Still smiling at my little joke, I ran to the house to get the others.

((So, Bill's not dead... Cool. Oh, and if you're gonna include Seth's friends from school in the plot twist, when is the twist going to be? I want to have some time to throw together some backgrounds and personalities.))

~Neil Peart

Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:31 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((you've got lots of time, lol. It'll probably be after the Johto arc, and I definitely plan on spending some time here. So just throw them together, then PM them to me, just to make sure they won't conflict.))

I smiled at Seth's outpouring of emotion. It was exactly how I felt; this group had filled the place in my heart that my parents' absence had caused. In a way, we were a support group.

Just when I was about to put word to these thoughts, Seth mentioned that I'd be a good mother. Rather than take offense, I grinned. "Hey, kid, just make sure I don't have to ground you!" I yelled at his retreating back. It was an interesting thought, though. Was I in a parental role with everyone here? Nah. Cassie and Vincent were both older than me; but Leo, Seth, and Jeremy were younger than me. Either way, I had sort of become the de facto leader of the group; was this right? Could I lead this group in the battle against Elemental?

I shook my head. It wasn't a good thought, no matter how innocent. This was a group effort, and that was the system that was working out for right now. This was satisfactory enough for me.

I walked over to the clearing. There was some sand scattered in patches throughout. The trees circling the area were thick and tall; perfect protection and cover. Arriving at one of the patches of sand, I started drawing absently in the sand...

-----------

Joseph had interrogated the villagers of New Bark town for a few hours. Now he knew that the kids had just passed through; some didn't even mention kids, but rather a random pack of Pokemon. This fit the bill in every way. They had gone west, out of the town. Joseph knew that he could pick up the trail from there, and set out.

((I'm gonna have to space out Joseph's entries a bit more now; he's basically just tracking us, and will interfere in our activities periodically, until The Twist :O. But really, eventually something will happen, and he will no longer be able to ttrack us. In my next post, i'll also start up Catherine, maybe.))

Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:56 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((Ok, cool. I'll PM you when I have their characters made up.))

"Hey, kid, just make sure I don't have to ground you!" Axel yelled back at me. I laughed and looked back at him once more.

As I entered the house, I called out to all the others, "Hey, guys! Axel thought of something to do while we're waiting for Cat and Leo, so come outside!"

((Oh, and with making dinner and stuff, is there just already gonna be food in the kitchen area? Or are we gonna go hunting or something?))

~Neil Peart

Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:50 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((We have supplies, don't worry. And we'll probably just mention that we made dinner, and not bother going to specifics. But as far as hunting, I feel like it would be a little too disturbing, since we can now empathize on a higher level with the Pokemon we'd be killing.))

Steel and Vincent looked up, then back at each other. They rose and followed Seth to the door. Steel called over his shoulder. "Hey Jeremy, we'll see what Seth's talking about! You coming?"

-----------

Catherine had just finished tea with Elizabeth, when the radio came in. A servant brought in a transcribed message on scented paper, carrying the note on a gold-plated platter. She glanced disdainfully at the servant; he had probably been something distasteful, like a farmer, before she had brought him on staff.

"Joshua, what is it now?" she asked in a manner with a slight whine, and a slight hardness to it. The servant bowed; his name wasn't Joshua, but he was given 3 meals a day and pay. He could deal with the injustices of his master when he died.

"Madam, it is a message that came in on the radio. Would you like me to read it out to you?" She waved her hand impatiently, indicating her agreement. He read aloud. "Madam Catherine Dalliance III, we bring well tidings. Some rebels with interesting powers have been spotted coming across the border from Kanto. We believe that Farquahar has been pursuing them. Shall we send resources after them?"

Catherine grinned, suddenly pleased with the servant for bringing such "well tidings." That idiot Farquahar wasn't even competent enough to capture some rebels; if she could, then it would show the Master just how much better she was than he. Catherine might even be able to oust him and claim his territory.

"Yes, and with all due haste. These rebels have chosen to invade our sacred land, and they must be captured. They are now a Class-A priority." She sat back and sipped at her wine; it was quite a good vintage. This would be a cinch... And the Master would approve.

((Doesn't really portray her personality, but it does add to the plot, so w/e))

Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:18 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Elizabeth had briefed her of the individual rebels and their pokemorph abilities before she was informed of them heading into Johto. Catherine gave the orders before they went back to conversing with each other. Elizabeth agreed to stay for at least a little while longer.

Elizabeth smirked quietly to herself as she sipped at her tea. She could understand why their Master didn't want to inform Catherine about Farquehar's death... She remembered the Mightyena Axel destroying him right next to her... her expression unchanging. Elizabeth couldn't care less about these people. However, Farquehar and Catherine had this invisible rivalry between them. Apparently it had been for awhile now. Since her time working with Farquehar, he never mentioned her, but Catherine asked all sorts of questions reguarding his work and how he was. Catherine, although unpleasantly evil, was somewhat emotional. Although heartless as she may have been, she was still a woman. Her strengths and her goals were that of beating Farquehar to the punch. She would pursue the rebels in hopes of defeating her rival at his own game. If she knew he had been killed... Would she still go after the rebels and work with Elemental, or against them? Elizabeth wondered how far her and Farquehar's relationship were in the past...? Perhaps lovers?

"Look, Farquehar keeps to himself, I can't really say..." Elizabeth replied over the small picnic table, they were sitting on a balcony that could see all over Violent City. She was getting annoyed and impatient. Elizabeth had better things to do than mere small talk with a woman she probably disgusted the most.

"I'm sorry, am I boring you?" Catherine laughed, laying her head in her palm as she leaned on the table, "Please, entertain me little more. What of you? Why does the Master trust in you with such loyalty? ...Also, a little birdy told me your home was destroyed by none other, and it would seem your little brother is in fact apart those of those rebels we pursue." She asked, keeping that smile of curiousity. She was seeking the chance for Elizabeth to slip up in any way or form.

Elizabeth laughed to herself. Was Catherine envious of her? She could see in her eyes the hatred she must have had for her. Perhaps working for Farquehar closely made her a bit more nasty toward her... Elizabeth knew if Cathrine had it her way, she would've striked her down in a heartbeat. If Elizabeth wasn't a woman herself, she thought she'd be terrifed. A man put in her situation wouldn't have lasted as long in this little conversation between "friends". She spoke up, "I've proven myself time and time again to Elemental. It's clear to them that I am loyal to the end for their cause. The Master is aware that I have ties to one of the rebels, my brother, but all the more reason I'm suited for the job. But as I've said to Leo before; I have abandoned the past and betrayed my family for my own reasons and my own selfish ends. The years working for Elemental, I've hurt too many people and pokemon to turn back now... I'm probably the most trusted and capable person of serving the Master and fulfilling his desired goals with my own abilities..." Elizabeth placed her teacup onto her saucer, standing up, "Anyway, I've given you the information I've been told to deliver. I've wasted enough time chatting with you. You're hunting the rebels now, he's placed that task into your capable hands. I have my own task I've been given."

"And what pray tell is that, Champion of the Masses?"

Elizabeth turned her back to her before makng her way back into the mansion, "...A little girl was killed in public within Viridian by one of our own, in an ambush Farquehar placed hunting the rebels. The man in question is presumed to be hunting the rebels by his lonesome, to capture and achieve a rank on par with ours... Since the girl was the daughter of Kanto's finest, the Officer Chrono, the people are putting more the blame on Elemental, morale and supporters are dropping, and it won't be long before the people remember the past and Elemental's history... Even Elemental needed supporters to rule the world... If we can find the person responsible and put him to trial in front of the entire world, the people will see that we are justice once more. Morale will improve and we avoid any riots or betrayals... It's a bad situation that I've been ordered to handle. However, even if I do fail, there are other methods of controlling a human race..."

"Manipulation...?" Catherine suggested excitedly.

"Yeah, you shoud know all about that..." Elizabeth half turned her head to her in a bored sigh.

"Well, I'll wish you all the best then. The Master can rest assure, I won't fail like Farquehar did."

"Sure," Elizabeth started walking into the mansion with the blankest of expressions, "I'm sure you won't."

Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:53 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I shifted as the fire narrowly missed me, grappling with the Typhlosion, the other Pokemon snapping at my long neck while I twisted it out of the way, using my superior reach to bite at his body, using my tail as a weapon--

-- then ice shards blasted into my scales. The Charizard's fire melted most of them, but it still hurt!

The Charizard roared in outrage, lashing out with its tail and hurling the Typhlosion aside as it turned to confront the new enemy, exhaling wave after wave of flames in an effort to torch the Froslass.

STOP! You'll hurt the hatchling! It took some effort, but I persuaded the Charizard to keep the flames away from Leo and direct them at the Froslass, while using sweeps of its powerful tail to keep the Typhlosion at bay.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:33 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

((Finish up so we can meet with the others? Morphs updated in profile Page 5 btw.))

Leo watched as the Typhlosion and Cyndaquil had their tiny reunion. He was sort of anixous to move things along. Cassie was still trying to hold off Froslass in the background. But this moment was special for them. It would probably be for the last time they saw each other. Leo didn't want to ruin that. Deep down he wished that someday he too could be reunited with his loved ones, if only for a small moment like this one. Leo was sure everyone did.

The two fire type pokemon cried to one another. Possibly saying goodbye... Leo couldn't understand the language so well, as he wasn't transformed to hear, but he could tell this was a happy goodbye. Leo was happy to lead Cyndaquil to her friend. The Cyndaquil turned her attention to Leo, walking up. Without the Scope, Leo was a little more creeped by how ghostly this experience was, but was reasurred that nothing bad was going to happen. He could just tell by the feelings the pokemon were giving off. They were happy, content almost.

Cyndaquil cried to him, walking over before resting her head onto Leo's lap. Like the Silph Scope, Leo was reminded that if he had the chance, now was the time. He placed his hand onto the pokemon's forehead, giving her a gentle pat. The pokemon purred happily. Leo smiled warmly, suddenly entering a flashback of this pokemon's life...

---

Once upon a time there were two Cyndaquil, one male, the bravest, and one female, who was the quietest and the most timid of the bunch. They lived being taken care of outside the lab of New Bark, when it was still standing that is. They were the best of friends, and they played together every day. The lady who was responsible for looking after them, cared and feed them along with many other starter pokemon, including the Chikorita and Totodile. The two Cyndaquil didn't like the Totodile very much, but the Chikorita were okay, besides the snobby ones. The lady who raised was a lovely woman who loved all of them. She was a lab assistant at Elm's, and a gifted pokemon trainer.

One day, Elemental came... Before the lady could come to protect the pokemon from harm's way, in the chaos of the lab's destruction, the female Cyndaquil was killed in the falling debris along with a lot of other starter pokemon. When he lady finally made it, she was only able to find an unconscious Cyndaquil who had lost it's mate... That Cyndaquil was given a scar down it's left eye. She healed it the best she could before she was noticed and Elemental came to pursue her. The rest is history...

---

"So you're the timid Cyndaquil... You must have been following me since the first time I came across the lab in New Bark Town... No wonder I was so interested in finding that fiery pokemon before... Because you were pushing me along with your thoughts and feelings of finally being able to be with your friend again. I'm happy I could help you. ...If you'd like, would you help me as well?"

The Cyndaquil cried happily, burying her head into Leo's jacket. She suddenly faded out as Leo glowed, obtaining a new pokemorph. He returned to normal, standing up to face the Typhlosion. Leo could clearly tell he was the Cyndaquil's friend back then. His left eye of the scar proved it. The old Typhlosion's eyes held no anger for humans anymore. He was standing with only respect for Leo.

"...Huh?" Leo tilted his head as the Typhlosion blew from his nose, "...You want me to battle you?" the Typhlosion nodded it's head as Leo smiled, "Alright, I guess it would be a good time to try Cynda out... You ready?" Typhlosion backed up, blasting his neck aflame. Leo chuckled before readying himself, "Let's do it, then!!"

Leo closed his eyes, thinking about the fire mouse pokemon and the cherished memories along with it. Each of his pokemorphs were like warm spots in his heart. All he had to do was reach out to one and then...

Leo had finally morphed into a Cyndaquil, firing his back aflame and mimicking his evolved rival, <Hey! This is pretty cool!!> he shouted, blasting the fire agian and again from his back, <One of my favourite morphs yet!> Leo eyed the Typhlosion playfully, <Let's begin!>

The Typhlosion didn't hold back. It lunged himself in a Double Edge, Leo barely able to dodge out of the way as the Typhlosion crashed into the earth he was just standing. Leo had to think up some moves quick. Let's see... The Typhlosion got himself up, ready to tackle again. The Cyndaquil drew his breath, casting a plume of impressive fire. The Typhlosion was almost stunned, shooting out his own attack to match it. As they both continued spewing flame, the fire on their backs burned lively and fiercely. Leo was impressed, recalling the words of his sister...

Leo had demorphed from Bulba as he listened to her words, "You've been given knowledge ever since your childhood. That knowledge reflects your strength and your abilities as you morph. I was worried your powers would match your size... but you're progressing, and by witnessing your last battle, it was almost as if a Venusaur was standing right before me... Such is the knowledge we have been given from our childhood... Knowledge gives us strength, and in return, gives us the power to fight for the things we believe in..."

Knowledge... No, that was false. That wasn't what she meant at all. In the beginning of all this, Leo thought he knew everything. The knowledge he had from his childhood, the knowledge his sister spoke of, was instead gained from good and bad experiences he then carried within his heart, making it stronger. Each of his pokemorphs were as strong as a final stage pokemon because his heart... "Leo, I think you have the strongest heart out of all of us..." It was the mightest weapon of all. "Size doesn't matter, you're as big as you feel..." Because when Leo was a pokemon, he felt like the tallest person in the group. It didn't matter if his pokemorphs were as small as he was. Inside his heart, he felt bigger than anything. That was why he's morphs stacked up against the fully evolved.

<Let's finish!> Leo cut out from his attack as the Flamethrower of his foe burst through. Leo started to spin furiously, casting fire all around him in a wheel. Leo span like Sonic the Hedgehog in a blaze, jumping before spinning out of the way of the blast and U-Turning directly around his target's attacks in a blitz towards the Typhlosion. <Flame Wheel!!> Slam!! The Typhlosion had no chance as the Cyndaquil collided with it, slamming him to the ground.

Leo continued Flame Wheel, leaping from the spin and landing. He turned for a second to see a defeated and knocked out Typhlosion. Leo gasped in excitement, parading as he lept up in victory, <Hurray! I did it!!>

The old Typhlosion leaned up in a chuckle as they laughed together.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:29 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I could hear a Cyndaquil's cry, but my attention was focused on the Froslass, diving and dodging out of the way of my flames. Finally, I managed to catch one of its "hands" in my claw, and snarled at it as I demorphed, demanding an explanation for the abrupt attack.

The Froslass looked at me with great sad yellow eyes-- before I could react, she leaned forward, resting her two head horns against my collarbones, allowing me to acquire her form as her memories flowed through my mind.

A simple lab assistant from New Bark... Then Elemental attacking... Trying to save the little ones, taking as many starters away as possible... running, hiding from the hunters and the bitter cold, eventually finding shelter in a cave, so cold, so tired...

I pulled back, breaking contact and resuming human form, as the Pokemon looked at me calmly. "You died here, didn't you? And then you became a Froslass? It's you that's been luring those men away. Those men were ... Elemental supporters. They helped to chase you up here. You wanted revenge."

She nodded and let out a soft coo of confirmation and apology. I shook my head. "What's done is done. We're unhurt. No blood, no report. Go, stay in the cave, we won't tell anyone that you're here. I'm sorry for what they did to you, but I promise, we'll get them back."

The Froslass nodded again, resting one cool hand on my forehead in a kind of blessing, then faded away.

"Leo?" I called, approaching the Typhlosion with caution, ready to morph if it offered a further attack. "You okay?"

Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:53 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

<Oh,> Leo morphed back into his human self, returning to Cassie, "Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks to you. You saved me, right?" Leo bowed his head, "Really, thank you."

Leo looked away, sighing, "You sure it was okay to let Froslass go? Not everyone working for Elemental is evil, ya know?"

Leo looked up at Typhlosion, "Well, this is goodbye. Promise not to attack people anymore, okay?" Typhlosion grumbled, giving a nod.

He turned back to Cassie, "Now then, we just have to go through his cave and we're pretty much with the others, right? Lead the way. And thanks again." Leo smiled.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:12 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

"Don't mention it." I chuckled as we headed deeper into the cave. "And I'm sure it was okay. She went ahead to clear the path. The men who disappeared were directly responsible for her death, and she didn't want to hurt anyone else. She was just startled by us, and she zeroed in on my Garchomp as the bigger threat. Once she figured out what was going on, she calmed down."

Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:17 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

"Well, I hope you're right about that..." Leo mummered under his breath, gazing out as they then saw a glimmer of light, "Hey! There's the exit!" They kept walking until they reached the light at the end of the tunnel.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:53 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((Kinda feel like I should post, so I guess I'll get the sparring started.))

With everyone outside, I thought up some rules in a few minutes, then announced them. "Okay guys, here are the rules. One: This is sparring, no we don't really want to hurt anyone. So, try to put a few seconds between your attacks. If your opponent's had enough he/she's gotta morph back to human form to finish the round. Two: Keep the insanely loud or attention drawing attacks to a minimum. I don't think anyone has any, but we dont want to destroy the house or draw attention to ourselves. Three: Just don't get carried away, and have fun." I looked around for approval on the rules. "So, if anyone has anything to add, just say so." I smiled. "If not, then who wants me to beat them first?"

((So, anyone can put in a rule they feel is necessary or change them or something.))

~Neil Peart

Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:12 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

"I reckon so. She was a lab assistant in New Bark, before Elemental attacked. She tried to save the starter Pokemon, probably that Typhlosion was one of them." I shrugged. "Lead the way."

Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:24 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

After getting ready to spar, Seth announced the rules. Seems simple enough, I thought. Then, when he cockily asked for a challenge, I couldn't decline.

I stepped up. "I'll take you on Seth," I said with a smirk "Don't worry, I'll go easy on you!"
I began the transformation into Kabutops, letting the features of the Kabutops replace mine.
When I was finished, I let out a cry. "Kabuu!" <Bring it on!>

Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:30 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Jeremy turned around and told me he'd go easy, then transformed into Kabutops and letting out a cry. I morphed into Gengar. <Let's do it!> I said with excitement as I shot a Dark Pulse at Jeremy.

((It's onnn! :D))

~Neil Peart

Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:59 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Seth transformed into Gengar and preceded to shoot a Dark Pulse at me. I sidestepped it, but a bit of the attack hit my left shoulder. A wave of sickness pulsed through my body. I tried to shake it off, but the feeling wouldn't leave me. My head was pounding, my mind was driving me crazy... Focus, Jeremy. Don't let him get the better of you.

I concentrated, and used Giga Drain on the Gengar. A green line of energy flowed from Seth's body and entered mine. The effects of Dark Pulse had faded, and I felt rejuvenated and ready to battle again. I aimed an Ice Beam and shot it at my target...

Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:15 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Jeremy tried to sidestep my Dark Pulse, but same still hit his shoulder. It was obvious the Dark Pulse had a bad effect on him. Even though, he managed to pull off a Giga Drain. Immediately, I felt like falling over and just going to sleep. After the drain stopped, I got a little energy back, but I was still drowsy. Jeremy shot an Ice Beam in my direction. I teleported out of the way, but my lack of energy caused me to teleport a few feet closer to him, instead of behind him. My teleportation still startled him, and I unleashed a surge of Psychic energy directly at him.

~Neil Peart

Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:34 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Seth teleported away from my Ice Beam, causing it to hit a tree instead. He popped up in front of me, and I was about to use Aqua Tail when he unleashed a powerful Psychic, stopping me in my tracks. My body was being crushed, squeezed, so much pressure... Craccccckkkk. Man, I hope that wasn't me. It wasn't. The tree, weakened by the ice, was toppling over right onto both of us! <Seth, watch out!> I used my last bit of energy to break free of the Psychic and push him out of the way. The tree thudded into my skull, and my vision went black...

"You've got this Steel, just a little more!"
"Gal, Gal, LADE!"
"Jeremy? Jeremy? Can you hear me?"
I managed a weak "Ka."
"Try to demorph, your injuries will be healed."
My injuries? What injuries? It all rushed back to me... The spar with Seth, then the tree... Ohhh... I managed to tilt my head to the side... I had cracks all over my exoskeleton... One scythe was bent at an odd angle, the other had been ripped clear off... Concentrate Jeremy... Just think of your old self...

When I came too again, I was lying on the ground, but back to human. Steel, in Gallade form, was standing over the tree with sweat running down his face. Seth and Axel were standing off to the side, and Vincent was crouched over me. He offered me a hand and helped me up.
"Ugh," I moaned. "My head is pounding like crazy right now."
"Yeah," Vince said. "That battle sure took a turn for the worse. Luckily, Steel here was able to lift the tree off you. Thank Arceus for Fighting Types!"
"Yeah," I replied with a weak laugh. "I'm going to go lie down for a bit, if that's okay with you guys." I shuffled back into the house and into my room.

((I figured that it was ok to godmod Shina and redt a bit, since they're probably not coming back anytime soon.))

Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:35 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

((Damn it. I made such a long post but it went to the login page instead. -.-))

Leo didn't want to continue the conversation anymore. They both knew the story from both of the pokemon, from both their feelings and their dreams from the battle.

The lady, who was a lab assistant and pokemon scientist, worked in the old Professor Elm's in New Bark Town with a few other coworkers. She along with the others cared for starter pokemon as well as many other pokemon of whom belonged to the town. She was also a talented pokemon trainer who also had her own pokemon and was the talk of the town back in the day. One day, when Elemental was just starting to grow in power, they came across evidence that there was a small lab in New Bark Town... Just like Pallet Town, they came in numbers with the intentions of taking everyone's pokemon and destroyng the lab. However, when the lady and coworkers of the lab were told to hand in their pokemon, they refused and protected the pokemon who were still inside their pokeballs. Sadly, each one of her coworkers failed and were defeated. It came all down to her. In this battle many pokemon were slaughtered, weak starter pokemon who joined the fight were simply cut down while the stronger pokemon were immediently defeated and captured. Taking the pokeballs they were left, she made a run for it all in the name of protecting the pokemon. She knew her own remaining pokemon were no match for Elemental at this point. She was outmatched. She fled. On Rapidash, she rode as far as the top entrance that leads inside Dark Cave up the mountain of the route just below Blackthorn. It was night in winter, and there was a blizzard. When she thought she had finally lost them, she was found shortly found again. After another tough battle in the white storm, she was defeated. With her last ounce of strength, the only way she could escape was to run and jump from a cliff. Later, she woke up mangled, barely able to reach for the pokeballs. She released the pokemon she protected and her own pokemon who were badly weakened with cuts, scars and broken limbs. Before she died in the cold, she released the pokemon and told them to go and hide. These pokemon, continuing to live in the mountains nearby Dark Cave in this harsh environment, year after year of mourning and being alone without her grew to hate people and began to terrorize New Bark Town and their farms. And in turn, the town grew to hate pokemon and consider them as mere pests and soulless beings. After such a harsh death, the lady's spirit lingered, and became the pokemon known Froslass. The pokemon died one by one after the many years, their spirits remaining in the cave, leaving only behind the two remaining, Typhlosion and Froslass.

When they came out to the clearing, Leo squinted as he shielded himself from the sun hurting his eyes. The safehouse wasn't too far from here...

---

Coming from the North, Cassie and Leo found the peaceful area Chrono left them. The sounds and smells... The stream of the river and the forest around them... It was relaxing. Peaceful. Leo felt safe. Walking over a fallen tree from a battle, Leo hoped they didn't get into too much trouble.

Walking toward the door, Leo hesitated. It didn't feel right entering. Before Bill's and his life journeying, it just didn't feel right... He felt uncomfortable even trying to push the door open. He turned with his hands in his jacket pockets, walking away.

---

Leo gazed down sadly, looking to the distance to spot Axel writing in the sand. Leo smiled, continuing to go see him.

"Hey, we're back... Uh..." he saw Axel was sad, he wondered about him, "...Axel? Are you... okay?" Leo sat next to him, drawing in the sand just as he did, "Listen, we got into some trouble, but Cassie protected me. She's the strongest after all. It wasn't really that bad, honest..." he chuckled, trying to find the right words to say, "Also, there's something I need to tell you... But I'll tell you later. It's not really important. Anyway!" he switched the conversation, "Cassie and I found new pokemorphs, I was wondering if you found any more."

Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:43 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((Just fyi for all, I'm going to be away from Oct 1 to 7th. Sorry for any inconvenience.))

i sniffed the air slightly, the dragons just under the surface aiding my recognition. I had retained only the Charizard senses, and a slight red tint of the eyes. "I don't think so. I don't detect any new scents. Only old existing morphs."

Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next