It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 22  Next
 PokeMorphs RP 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I started walking along the trail. I noticed that Leo was looking at Cat almost like he did when he looked at his sister in Viridian. I guess they could act similar or something. I mean, I don't really know anything about Sarah.

That thought sparked a new point to think about. I thought how Axel, Jeremy, and Leo reminded me of three friends I had when I went to school when I was younger. I sighed, and tried to remember their names. It didn't take me long to think back: Jack, Micheal, and Peter. Peter was especially like Leo. He could have an attitude and be pretty much impossible to deal with sometimes, but he was still my friend. Steel kind of reminded me of the smartest kid in our grade. His name was Stewart, I think. Vincent... Well he was just kind of an average kid, sliding through under the radar. And then Cat. I didn't really have many girl friends in school at the time, so I guess she's sort of the older sister I never had.

I looked around at the group, and something dawned on me. Every one of us had one thing in common: We all had a reason to take down Team Elemental. My parents were reason enough, but Katya's death topped it all off. "Guys, I think I know what to do in Johto after Ilex." I said with sudden realization. "We're going to pay the Johto Governer and her headquarters a visit."

((That part about my friends that I used to have in the school in Saffron was just something I made up. They don't really need to have any involvement in the storyline unless you want them to, Rex.))

See how it sings like a sad heart, and joyously screams out its pain
Sounds that build high like a mountain, and notes that fall gently like rain."

~Neil Peart

Last edited by Porygon 3 on Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:58 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: A blue police box somewhere near the Medusa Cascade
I climbed out of the water, lying down comfortably on a muddy patch of softer ground, looking at Seth as he spoke.

<That would mean Goldenrod. However, bashing our way in won't work, there's only six of us, and there's probably a -city- worth of Elemental, never mind civilians. If we're doing that, we'll have to be sneaky about it. Very sneaky.>

Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:23 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

OOC: Uh, I'm kinda confused as to what's going on. All I can basically tell is that Leo yelled at me and Cassie, then we continued on, and he started to feel bad? And Cassie got a new morph. But can someone catch me up via PM?? Location is my main confusion, I guess, so that would also be helpful. Sorry I haven't been around to post lately; schoolwork is crazy.

Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:02 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((thank you LM for catching me up; Crunchy, we can definitely do the silph scope/guardian thing when we get to Johto. Pory, uh, maybe we can work the three of them into a future plot twist i've planned. We'll see.))

We came to the general area of Tohjo falls. Across a lake, I could see the lights of a small town. It was odd-looking to me; I'd never been anywhere smaller than Cerulean, which was still rather large. Without saying a word, everyone began to set up camp.

I sat in the back of the group, leaning up against a tree, thinking about what Leo had said to me. It had hurt. I didn't expect to be blamed for Katya's death, and least of all for killing Farquahar. I fingered the Cube on the chain around my neck, admiring the play of the light across the shimmering blue surfaces. Was I a monster for pursuing Elemental the way I did?

The scene came back to me. Joseph had been armed, along with the rest of the Elemental goons. Farquahar had ordered his Pokemon to kill us. Bullets had flown as we battled... No, it was definitely kill or be killed. It didn't make it any less tragic, or make us any less guilty for the deaths caused. But it explained a lot more about myself. I guess I just needed to figure out what line I would be unwilling to cross... and avoid it at all costs.

The Cube... It was beautiful. Its powers were magnificent, and it had changed my life. But was I worthy? One more region, I decided. We were going to all of them. But if the next one turned out like Kanto, I would forfeit my de facto leadership and the right to carry the Cube. It wouldn't be right if I didn't.

I looked up at the others. We were all tired, and about ready to fall over. "I agree, Seth. But we need to tackle this one differently. We'll do research on the government there, and find out everything we need to know... That way, we can save lives." I sighed; things were difficult right now.

Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:35 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Axel was leaning on a tree in the back of the group when he responded to my statement of taking down Elemental in Johto. I looked at him after he stopped talking. He looked like he was in deep thought about something. "Well, we know right now that we're going for Goldenrod after the forest, and I think if we take the entrance in Azalea Town we'd be heading in the right direction. That means our only definite obstacle will be the Union Cave."

~Neil Peart

Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:49 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Quietly, Leo helped the others set up camp. He kept his eyes to the ground mostly, avoiding eye contact. He was too ashamed of himself. He wondered what the others thought of him... He wondered if the old man's decision to let him use the power of the Orb was really a great idea after all... Where would he be if Axel refused Leo to join them...?

Leo sat by the campfire, keeping himself warm. The cave that lead inside Tohjo falls was nearby. They could all hear the waterfall echoing from further back among the trees. New Bark Town was close by, too... Meaning, they pretty much sitting on the line between both the regions; Johto and Kanto. Johto, Leo's home region... Who knew how long it had been... Leo lost track.

He leaned back, looking up at the night sky. It felt like a storm had just went by, and this was the eye of it... It was peaceful. Way too peaceful... There was way too much for Leo to think about to just sleep and do nothing in this silence...

Leo sat up, overhearing Axel and Seth in the background. Axel... Of course, his goal all along was to save lives... But Katya... Leo sighed, hearing what Seth had to say afterward. He wondered if Seth used to live in this region, too...

All of a sudden, Leo felt a cold chill down his spine... It was that shadowy presence again... A strange wind blew that Leo picked up on, leading him through the trees all of way into the cave of Tohjo falls... Leo sighed deeply, getting up. He gazed over, looking to the group who were all busy to take any notice of him anyway. Leo turned back, gulping before walking over.

Leo brushed passed bushes and through trees before meeting at the entrance of the cave. He walked through the mouth of it, looking up and around as the sound of the falls grew louder in his ears...

((No need to follow him.))

---

Rustle rustle, rustle rustle...

Before anyone could notice him, a man walked out from the foliage, "You... You kids are the ones who changed into pokemon, right?" he pulled out his gun from his hoister, making it clear to everyone that he was setting his gun safety to the floor before holding his hands up and approaching them, slowly, "You knew her, right? My daughter. I'm Katya's father, a police officer who works in Viridian."

"I'd like for you to answer me some questions. What I will do after that will depend on your answers..." he looked to the side, obviously flustered, "...Is what I'd like to say, but I'm obviously outmatched. I have an Arcanine on me, a little gift from Elemental..." he hinted to the pokeball at his belt, "But apart from my gun I'm unarmed. You can rest assure, I wasn't followed."

The older man looked around the group of kids, the oldest of them probably no more than eighteen years old... These kids... "You people who transform... You're good guys, aren't you?"

((Rex can take him from there if I don't get back in awhile.))

Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:31 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I had chosen to remain in Swampert form for the time being, getting used to the new form and its rather refreshing lack of aggression. The Water-type would be helpful in balancing out my other two morphs, and was definitely helping me to ignore my irritation with Leo.

My head snapped up at the sound of the rustle, the water-producing glands in the Swampert's throat filling and expanding, ready to produce a torrent if we were under attack...

... then a man stepped out. I recognized his scent as Katya's father, and growled softly, before he slowly placed his gun to the floor. The man stated he had an Arcanine and I couldn't resist a chuckle, knowing most of us had morphs that resisted Fire-type attacks, and the Swampert was immune to Thunder Fang anyway.

As he asked if we were good guys, I moved closer, careful not to spook him as I resumed human form. "We're out to tip over Elemental and put things back to what they were before Farquahar came to power. If that makes us good guys, I guess so then."

Last edited by LadyMiir on Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:59 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((Uh, LM? I don't think Katya's father can hear us. Just pointing that out. If he can than I'll get rid of this post.))

~Neil Peart

Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:25 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((Ooooops. Fixed that. ^^;;;;))

Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:28 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

"So... You're on a campaign to set things back to the way they were fifty years ago..." he looked to the young woman, steadily placing his arms down, "You realise I'm in not position to trust you, normally... To the world today, you're no more than a group of rebels with a piece of stolen technology they wish to retrieve back..."

He smiled, "But I trust you. Farquahar's made it clear to me that terrorism is all Elemental is good for. He lead an act fifty years ago that made him well known, and shortly after, took over the entire world. This is what I believe... Team Elemental must be stopped."

The man looked to each one of them, "I'd like to help you; continue working for Elemental as a police officer and work for all of you from the inside... I can call you if they're targetting and closing in on you if we're alerted back at Kanto HQ, and I can feed you information that I grab ahold of in the future... I have my reasons why I also wish Elemental to be defeated. I'd like to ask for all of your opinions on this. But before you judge me, I'd like to ask..."

The father of Katya glanced down, sorrowfully, "Katya... Did you try your best to protect her?"

Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:33 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I sighed, scrubbing a hand over my face, images dancing before my eyes.

"If I had been closer, I would have jumped in the way. I was too far away to do anything, but if it's anything, we crippled the killer. I believe Axel, or any of us--" barring Leo "--would have died in your daughter's place given a choice."

I blew out a long breath and shrugged. "For what it's worth... I'm sorry. She was an innocent, and didn't deserve any of this. When we catch Farquahar... the bastard will pay."

Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:55 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Katya's father approached the group. He put his gun to the ground, saying he had an arcanine for backup. As he started asking questions, I answered them to myself, then listened to Cat pretty much saying what I was thinking out loud. Then I thought of something. "Um, Sir? You could stay for a minute or two longer if you want, but I think Elemental would get suspicious if you're missing for a few minutes, then come back from the path we left on."

~Neil Peart

Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:51 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I looked at Cassie. "I'm pretty sure that Farquahar's dead, or at least gone from this world. I saw him disappear into some kind of vortex that a Shadow Ball opened... He won't be back anytime soon, if at all." I shook my head. I hadn't expected Katya's dad to show up, and it just made things that much harder, since she had died to save... me.

I looked up. "But Seth's right. If you want to help us, you have to go now, before they find us." I looked around. "We'll lead them on a merry chase, giving you time to escape. We'll head over the border, beyond their jurisdiction... and then we'll see." I thought about it for a moment. "I'll find a way to send you a message in Johto. Maybe I'll be able to buy a satellite radio that we can use to communicate." Katya's father nodded gravely.

"And, one more thing... I'm so, so sorry about Katya. She... She didn't deserve to die for me." Tears were welling up in my eyes.

((again, i'm sorry i haven't been active; feel free to move the group on to Johto whenever's convenient. I'll PM Crunchy with details about the Johto government later.))

Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:06 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

((I'm so so sorry for not posting in so long. I had three long days without internet... All is well now.))

Katya's father nodded, a smirk of a smile on his face. These kids were obviously good people, people to be respected and admired. Already, all of them must have had so many hardships. It wasn't too difficult to see that in each of their eyes. He looked to one of the older kids, who obviously felt to blame for his child's death. He walked over, placing a hand onto Axel's shoulder, "It's okay, really. It wasn't your fault. Okay?" he looked him in the eye, nodding to him. He didn't have any bad feelings for any of them. It was clear they were on the same page, "Besides, I saw how hurt you felt in Viridian. Elemental was to blame, not yourselves."

"It's decided, then," the father put a mobile phone into Axel's hand, "Don't worry, it's untraceable. When I'm busy, I won't answer you unless I want to blow my cover, but I'll ring you back, especially if something comes up."

"You're entering the Johto region now, right?" he paced, "Then... I'll arrange a safehouse for you. It's a little to the North of Cherrygrove City. On Route 30. My great great grandfather used to live there... Mr. Pokemon I think he was called back in the days where Gyms and Pokemon Trainers really mattered. But you'll want to be unnoticed..." he stroked his prickly unshaven chin.

The man turned around, looked to each one as he thought, "Oh, wasn't there another with you? A short kid with red hair... He was battling Elizabeth," he could tell the group had know idea who he was talking about, "The young lady with the same dark shade of red hair as the little guy's. She was fighting alongside Farquahar...?"

---

Meanwhile...

---

Leo walked slowly into the cave of Tohjo falls, "This dark presence..." he spoke softly to himself, the cave growing gloomy around him, "It's so familiar... Like, I've known it was there for awhile now, yet... I was too afraid to acknowledge it..." he kept stumbling further into the cave, all the way until he reached a large and deep pool of water. A large waterfall crashing down into it, with only a glimmer of the night sky falling from a crack in the roof. Leo looked down deep into the watery abyss, the gloomy presence lingering around the room, the sensation of something watching him from below, "You've always been there... Following me, haven't you? Ever since I left Ilex Forest..."

Flashes of his much younger self surrounded by an inferno from their village burning all around them, being pulled by the hand of his sister's, watching his parents stand holding each other as they saw them off, screams of pokemon and people alike around them...

Leo looked on sadly, remember that memory like it was yesterday. He was only seven back then, but couldn't remember his parent's faces... He gazed on, focusing on this dark yet homely force... "You've been the force that kept me going... You're the reason I'm so strong... And why I didn't just give up when she left me... You found me because we're alike. You seek revenge just as I do... But all this time, even though you always kept a distance until now... You've been pouring your feelings into me... But, I can't let you go on griving by yourself..."

Leo clenched his fists to his sides, "...I know you're power is dark, and my feelings lately haven't been good either... But," Leo jagged his teeth together, building courage, "Pokemon aren't evil. And I'm not evil either!" Leo gasped, holding a breath before full on diving into the water.

With a splash, Leo kept swimming and swimming to the bottom of the pool. The darkness was closing in on him. He could only focus on his elder and sister's words, his mother and father's as well. They all seemed to echo out to him, even the words he hardly remembered came flashing by one after the other, "Pokemon aren't evil..." "No matter how dark a pokemon, they are how they are because of horrible past experiences, or being used themselves from a bad person..." "A pokemon's heart can always be changed..." "It may take time, but all they need is someone to connect to them..." "All pokemon want is to be loved and acknowledged, even in death..." "Someone with a strong heart..." "Leo, I think you have the strongest heart out of all of us..." "Size doesn't matter, you're as big as you feel..." "My dream... It's important to me..." "Is revenge so really important?" "Believe in yourself, my darling..." "Take care of your sister, okay..." "Dylan... No matter what happens, we will always love you..."

Leo swam as hard as he could. The dark blue of the water was now seemingly jet black. He was fully submerged in the darkness. He couldn't stand it anymore... What felt like forever he tried to gasped for air only to swallow water into his lungs. He let out his breath, the bubbles quickly escaping him... The more water he swallowed, the more his energy left him... He was going to die down here, his last thoughts... Slowly, but surely, he gave in... His arms fell from his mouth as his whole body loosened... His mind gave way, floating helplessly... Water seemngly filling his body and his lungs... He drifted, his body and mind drifting in this darkness... His watery grave...

Suddenly, a dark creature, too quick to see but it's mere shadow, barged into Leo and quickly swam off. Again it ran into him. Again and again and again... It was as if Leo was just a corpse... Still drifting... Not worried by the collisions at all... ((THIS IS NOW THE HALF I HAD TO WRITE AGAIN. DARN IT. Sorry if the rest of the post sounds a bit rushed...)) Nothing matter anymore... Not his parents... His village... His sister... His revenge... Nothing at all... He was at peace.

Seemingly, his feet were pulled to the bottom. He landed. Leo awoke, a giantic being, a dragon-like monster standing tall before him. Black scales, dark green wings... This pokemon's name was... "Midnight..." the name echoed inside Leo's heart. Leo started to stumble over wearily as the pokemon's piercing red glowing eyes stared into him. He swayed back and forth, side to side... The looming tall dragon pushed his head down toward him and Leo spread his arms. Leo embraced the dark dragon as they both glowed. The dragon disappearing and entering Leo's body and spirit...

---

Leo suddenly woke up, gasping for air, he looked around in total distress. He quickly realised, gazing upon the cave around him... the pool of water, the waterfall... He wasn't even wet at all... Did he even dive down into the pool at all... or was it just a dream...? Something swelling inside him, Leo smiled, placing a hand to his heart. Yes, he knew it was real.

---

"Sarah?" the man questioned, "Well, I'm sure her name was Elizabeth. The young lady working in league with Elemental?" he asked again, only to be more puzzled. But he was happy to be corrected. Maybe it was a misunderstanding.

It was then Leo came back. He bushed aside the foliage with his arm, coming back renewed. He looked sort of happier when he walked back to the others. He noticed the man as the officer noticed him, "Oh, there he is." Leo remembered him as Katya's father, turning away saddened, yet turning back with a sudden change of heart.

"Yeah, I'm back. My name's Leo."

The officer nodded in a smile, "That's right. I never mentioned my name, did I? It's Chrono, somewhat of a inside joke of my late father's..." he hoisted his gun back onto his person, summoning his loyal Arcanine and jumping on.

"Officer Chrono!" Leo called, "Um, I overheard on my way back... Elizabeth... Is that what she's calling herself?"

Chrono nodded, "Yeah, that's right. Well, I better head back. Call me if you need me. Beware, the Governor of Kanto may be gone, but Johto's is a hell of a lot tougher! Be on guard!" And with that, his Arcanine turned and lept into the forest, disappearing from their sight.

After a very brief discussion between them...

Leo looked down sadly... Sarah... Why...? Leo looked up, turning to Axel and Cassie respectfully, "Hey, I'm... sorry. Those horrible things I said... and for being so childish." For the first time in such a long while, he was actually to all disbelief being honest and sincere. It wasn't like before with Sarah... He actually meant what he said. He knew he couldn't take those awful things back, but he felt really bad... Especially since Axel and Cassie were two of the people he admired the most. Leo pointed toward New Bark Town, "After my village, her and I travelled Johto together... Some of you may know this already, but once we clear New Bark, there's a route called Route 46 to the North. Normally you can't climb it, but with our abilities, it shouldn't be too much trouble. If we enter Dark Cave, we'll eventually get out into Route 30, where Officer Chrono said the safehouse is... Yeah, I know. Another cave, right?" he chuckled, a first in a long time he laughed like that, something definitely changed about him, but inside himself lingered the darkness of that pokemon...

"I can't promise you it'll be safe. But like he said it'll save us from being noticed in the next city."

((I vote we start posting in New Bark Town. We're done here. So please, next post describe New Bark as you walk into it and your thoughts with last nights events. It'll help muchly. Rex has briefed me on the Governor so Leo will inform you guys when we converse with the town.))

Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:58 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((I agree. We do need to move on, and I've wanted to do it this way... :p Each region will be a different part, I think.))

END PART 1

We came ashore at a small town. The people looked at us, wondering why Pokemon were coming in from the east part of town. But as soon as they got a good look, many of them shrugged and went on about their business. I almost wanted to laugh at their obliviousness... Then chastised myself for forgetting that that's not how it was supposed to be.

The people looked decently fed; they also looked decently happy. This was a small town that had been mostly unaffected by the switch over the Elemental. Or at least on the surface. I turned to the group, demorphing from the Pidgeot form I had used to fly over the water.

"So, we know that Chrono set up a safehouse for us near Cherrygrove. Uh, Leo, can you guide us? I really have no idea where that is." I had never been to another region. I had also never studied the geography of other regions, so since Leo had grown up in Johto, he was the obvious choice.

Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:04 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

The Pikachu jumped from Axel's back and morphed back into his human form, looking around. New Bark Town... This place never changed... The air was always sweet, smelling even better as a pokemon... It actually felt like he was arms distance from home. He couldn't help but feel good about being in Johto again. It already felt like he was home... Or maybe he was just being too optimistic.

Axel asked him a question to which he replied, "Sure," Leo smiled, "We're continuing west from here. We've got a couple of routes to go until the cave, though."

Leo gazed sadly to the ground as so many careless people walked passed them. He wondered what life would be like if he was one of them. A town without suffering, or bloodshed... Pallet Town was almost wiped out, but New Bark Town thrived. Leo didn't understand it.

"Oh..." he came across a ruin. An old building that was marked off as a No Trespassers Zone as the sign implied. A wire fence blocked off the rumble of a laboratory, "I guess that explains that... After Pallet Town's lab was destroyed, the aftermath must have scared the neighbouring region into just giving up... I guess that explains New Bark's comfortable life with Elemental ruling over things... What a waste."

He had second thoughts. Giving in to Elemental would just be sad. He pitied them more or less.

Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:51 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I nodded. The utter destruction of Elm's lab was the only evidence that there had ever been any significance to this town. I wondered if anybody had fought back; had anybody stood up for someone whose life's work was destroyed? I wanted to ask around, to find knowledge, but I also didn't want to attract too much attention. I sighed. Living under the radar... This was going to be more difficult than our previous strategy of just walking in and trashing the bad guys.

We started walking towards the western end of town; despite the changes of the last century, both the Golden Age and Elemental, it was still just another small town. It was almost comforting to see farmers coming in from the fields and small-town operations going on. Maybe it wasn't such a bad thing after all; these people had realized that life goes on, I guess. But the lab.... I shuddered.

We reached a small wooden gate that led out of New Bark. I pushed it open, and we began our journey into Johto.

((new forms soon? what do you guys think?))

Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:59 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

After demorphing from Beheeyem, I walked through Newbark with the others.  It was a peaceful day, and everything seemed normal for a change, albeit the abandoned lab.  Axel pushed open the gate and we set off into the countryside.

Sentret scurried up and down the trees and some Ledyba buzzed around in a nearby meadow.  I could hear the lackadaisical mooing of a Miltank as we passed by a farm.  It'll be good that we have a guy working for us on the inside now, I thought.  I think that Chrono is someone we can trust.

Once we were out of earshot, I turned to face the group.  "So that Dark Cave you were talking about Leo should be just up ahead?"

((I think a new form would be good about now.  Breloom? Where are you?))

Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:20 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I resumed human form, having spent most of the trip into Johto in my Garchomp form-- the hardest-hitting and most aggressive of all my morphs-- and glanced around. "I could smell water and stone when I was in Garchomp form. We should be fairly close to a cave, probably the one you're talking about."

Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:19 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((Part 1 completed!))

After Katya's father, telling us his name was Chrono, left on his Arcanine. We started walking through Tohjo Falls. As we exited the cave, I had a thought. That Arcanine looked so graceful, yet powerful. Let's hope I can find one in this region. Everyone started to morph to cross the water, including me. I teleported to the other side, then morphed back out of Gengar form and walked through New Bark Town with the others and into the countryside. It was incredible seeing all the Pokemon. There were so many different kinds. Is this the feeling trainers used to get when they saw this? I thought. I mean, it used to be better for them, because this was everywhere, and there probably wasn't any organization like team Elemental trying to stop them. ((Lol, how incorrect was that thought?)) I knew I wasn't going to have this feeling ever again if Elemental wasn't stopped. I stored the thought in my head, waiting for the right time to use it as motivation. My eyes widened and my head always pointing towards something different, I continued walking.

((I'm gonna go in the Chat Rooms more often, just so I could help make up stuff coming up in the plot, if that's where you make it. :D))

~Neil Peart

Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:48 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((Sorry, but you missed the point where I bounced all my ideas off of redt. I kinda have a general idea of where we're going and when at this point. I just PM Crunchy and LM sometimes because they're both experienced and I've RPed with them before, lol.))

I yawned. It hadn't been that long since Chrono had left on his Arcanine. I wondered how he had told his wife about Katya. I looked at the phone he'd given me; it was small and nondescript. Black with a 9-button keypad. Standard. I shrugged, then put it back in my pocket.

I felt like this was the turning point. We had destroyed one Governor and were starting to make contacts. If we could do this everywhere we went, word would spread, and rebellion would foment on its own. Getting that started would make our jobs easier. Hopefully.

It occurred to me that we really needed to train more, though. Maybe spar some. Did we really know the full capabilities of our morphs? I knew that I only had a basic grasp on my two. And if I wanted or had to repeat the stunt with Farquahar, I knew that at the moment, I wouldn't be able to. Being able to do so might be important.

I drifted over to Cassie. "So, when we get to the safehouse, I think before we set out, we should ask Leo for the Silph Scope, attain new forms, and then train some. We really need to get the hang of these morphs. What do you think?" Cassie was a survivor of Saffron, like most of us. If anyone would know if my idea was good or not, it would be her.

Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:22 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I nodded, flexing my arms, then shifted to Swampert form once again.

<It sounds like a good idea, we can rest and get stronger at the same time. I hope there's water nearby... I could use a swim.>

Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:18 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Leo thought more on the lab... and what Elemental were doing. Why was it so important to destroy each laboratory? He remembered Pallet Town once more and the ruins of the lab when he was travelling with Sarah. He was glad they hadn't ask him about the name Elizabeth... He didn't really want to say anythng about that.

Leo casually walked with the others. He was happy, despite everything that had happened recently. He hadn't been this cheerful in such a long time. He wondered what was wrong with him. Did it have something to do with that pokemon he met in Tohjo falls? Leo gazed down in thought. Perhaps it was. He didn't even try to tell the others what happened to him. That out of body experience... He thought to himself. The reason why I'm so happy, is because I met that pokemon... and because I apologized to everyone... and this pokemon's happy because he finally met me... is that the reason? Is it because that pokemon's...? Leo wondered. It couldn't have been good that their feelings were linked. He didn't even know if he could morph into that pokemon yet... Suddenly, he became very worried.

Flashbacks---

"There's a story, actually, a belief in our old village, told by the late Elder Oak... When a pokemon is murdered... it's spirit still lingers in this world. Unaware of it's tragic fate and its death, the pokemon wonders for all eternity, hoping that one day, it will meet it's new trainer, and will finally find peace in this world... In it's ghostly form, that pokemon is fated to relive it's tragic events that took its life, again and again..." Leo placed his hands to his pockets again, reliving the screams and cries of countless pokemon from his village being slaughtered and taken away... "...However. Some of these unfortunate pokemon, eventually do find these trainers. By luck, or perhaps fate or destiny, I don't know... Unknowingly, those trainers stumble upon their spirits during their travels... Those pokemon become attached to those people... However, because humans are unaware of their existence, the pokemon follow them forever, hoping that one day that trainer could actually see them..." Leo smiled, closing his eyes as he placed a hand to his heart, "...Those pokemon guide us, protect us... They are the reason we are all here today. My Elder believed that each one of us who travelled throughout chaos, will always have at least one pokemon following us, one at a time... Travelling with us forever, until the day we gain the power to see them, and acknowledge them... Then, those pokemon will finally leave this world... And be put to rest."

Leo lifted the scope from his body, lending it to Axel, "I gave a quick look at each of you, and there's definitely a pokemon each that's been wondering the world with all of you," Leo smiled to Seth, "You saved me back there, right? I think you should have the first meeting with your protector. If the stories are true, though, it won't be easy as just communicating with that pokemon... To fully acknowledge them, and gain their power so we can morph into them... We, too, have to relive their death... Only your pokemon is connected to your heart, so you're the only one who can carry the burden... You'll feel their feelings, their emotions, their wills... Once you touch them, you might even lose yourself... If that happens, it's all over for you. So remember this; all the pokemon wants is acknowledgement. You can't change their past, and their fate. You must except what happened, and then, they will be free, and their power is yours to control."

Leo took a deep breath, turning serious for a moment, "...Just, don't go crazy, okay? This will probably be the hardest thing you'll ever experience... Don't lose yourself to the pokemon's emotions while reliving it's past. It'll eat you up and you'll be lost, forever..."

When it was Leo's turn, he peered through the googles reluctantly. He turned around to a small ghostly figure in the bushes. Frightened, Leo pushed his legs with all his might to walk closer. The ghostly image rustled through the bushes like a gentle breeze, revealing itself. It was a Bulbasaur.

Leo, unable to speak, kept walking slower toward it, as the Bulbasaur did the same. There was an almost deeply powerful connection flowing towards each of them, pulling them together like magnets. When the Bulbasaur was at his feet, Leo crouched down, placing his hand on the Bulbasaur's head. It was warm. Suddenly, the Bulbasaur's memories suddenly began flowing and entering Leo's mind.

<insert flashback of pokemon's life and it's death here/>

Leo's eyes forced open. Panting deeply with sweat pouring from his face. He calmed, ready to speak his thoughts, "...I'll never forgive Elemental... but you lived happily... and you protected your friends till the end... and you were always there with me, by my side, ever since I passed through the ruins of Pallet Town... Thank you, Bulbasaur..." Leo smiled warmly at the pokemon, embracing him in a cuddle. The Bulbasaur cried happily as it soon started to fade. It's aura filled Leo, something only he could feel and see. Leo's body flashed the small Bubasaur's aura as the Bulbasaur's last cry echoed Leo's heart.

The Cube within the group flashed a bright blue as Leo morphed into Bulbasaur, a bulb forming as he met the earth on all fours.

Leo turned in his new pokemon transformation, nodding happily in reassurance that he was okay.

Leo's hands shook. He managed to calm himself down, clutching his right arm. Leo was a little worried, but he tried to show that it didn't effect him in the least. He looked to the fire, "...I'd say, that if there was a chance there were as many pokemon as we could transform into, following me for example; if I tried to connect to them all at once, or one after the other in such a small amount of time... It'd probably crush my spirit, send me mad and crazy...and probably end up killing me in the process..."

"Well, I'm glad none of them went berserk. To be honest..." Leo clutched at his arm again, "I think I almost hit my limit..." he said, whispering quietly to himself. He chuckled to himself lightly.

Leo was already a Pikachu, curled up into a ball as he sat quietly by the warmth of the fire. He overheard everyone's experiences with all their morphed natures... it was to be expected. Leo knew all there was to know about almost each and every pokemon thanks to Elder Oak's teachings... The Pikachu and Bulbasaur natures, when they were still living peacefully in the wild, were almost harmless and friendly in nature. Leo's characteristics were the only real thing that stood out when he morphed. Strong, evolved pokemon like the others had stronger instincts, he thought. Hopefully, those natures wouldn't get in the way of their human consciousness' when it all came down to it... Anyway, that was always another thing to master, as well as their pokemon abilities and techniques.

---

...Leo thought back long and hard. All the warning signs were on. Including some others. He never used the Silph Scope either... He never saw and relived the pokemon's death, and he certainly never morphed into it afterwards... This pokemon's spirit was inside him. It gave him the chills. If he did eventually morph into this pokemon, was Leo strong enough? Would the other pokemon take over...? Would Leo be sent into an Outrage? Leo glared. All of this was upsetting. He gulped. He needed to take his mind off it.

---

The group walking past a billboard at the middle of the road, Leo stopped, walking over curiously. They were things and posters about certain town events and parades, sales and business interests, missing people, and their were also wanted posters. Leo felt for sure their faces would be on it, but no... These were actually hunting posters. A lot of these were about nearby farms on the route. One of them took his notice, and he ripped it from the board as he read it to himself. A large fiery pokemon... burning crops and terrorising people... come see Joel in New Bark for more details... Reward... Five hundred dollars... he was surprised pokemon were still hanging around here, let alone causing trouble for people. It seemed there were heaps of pokemon around here causing trouble, Leo realised as he looked up again at the billboard for more hunts.

At first Leo glanced over at Cassie suspiciously... No, even though her Charizard instincts sometimes got the better hand... She wasn't THAT bad. Leo turned, a smile on his face. That's it, he had to find this pokemon.

Leo turned to the others, "Sorry, but I'm going after this pokemon. There's got to be a reason for this pokemon attack, and I've got to find out. Besides, I'd like to meet this pokemon myself. Anyway, it wouldn't be such a bad idea to make some money, right? Here, take a look. Is there anything that catches your eye?"

Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:48 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((Edit of Crunchy's; I'm so so so SO sorry about editting this post. I must have hit the edit button instead of the the PM button... I erased the post thinking it was just a quote... I thought I sent you a PM, but it turns out I completely editted it... I won't be making that mistake again, I'll be a lot more careful. Anyway, I hope you can forgive me! That's pretty embarassing on my part lol... Anyway, I remember this post of yours and basically Cassie points out that along with many notices of pokemon bounties, there are also young male people reported missing on the bulletin board. And she agrees with coming with Leo since Leo's pokemorphs are not particularly advantagous against a fire type pokemon as the poster Leo looked at implied, plus she was intrigued to wonder if all these posters were in facted connected by mere coincidence or not.))

Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:56 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

"Huh?" Leo looked back up at the bulletin board one last time, finally spying the missing people posters she was talking about. The bulletin board was close to double that of Leo, it was easy to miss them when you were so short. Leo grumbled. He jumped up, ripping one of the posters of missing persons and landing to the ground. He checked it over before turning back to Cassie, "You know... you're right. It does seem strange. Do you think the pokemon have something to do with it?"

He glared, looking to the posters of terrorising pokemon... But why? Pokemon weren't like that at all. It couldn't have been linked. It just couldn't.

"Alright," Leo smiled to Cassie, "It's better if we're in a group anyway. And you're right about that, my typing so far isn't the best if I'm up against a fire pokemon." Staring at her, he also wondered if he could ask some questions without giving away too much... Those questions referring to the dragon pokemon buried deep inside his heart... She had to learn through experience the instincts of two fierce dragon pokemon... He already knew a lot about pokemon, but she had way more knowledge through experience... Awhile ago, he hated and was envious of her for that... But now he accepted it. Cassie could help him if he asked, if only the words came out.

He put the two posters, that of the fiery pokemon and the ripped poster of one of the missing kids into his back pocket of his jeans, turning to Axel. He looked at him, thinking before revealing the Silph Scope from beneath his shirt, lifting it from around his head and handing it to him. "Here, hold onto this for me. I don't think I'll be needed it soon..."

Leo smiled smugly, "Very impressive, Axel," he said, walking up to the now transformed Pidgeot. Walking alongside him, Leo gathered the Silph Scope from around the bird's neck. He held it in front of Axel's beak, smiling at him as he waved it around as he spoke, "I'll hold on to this for the meantime. Insurance, so you guys can't double-cross me or anything," he lifted the strap above his head and put it on. He safely tucked it away behind his shirt.

Leo smiled again, "Look after it for me. I trust you. I'll get it back later." Truth was, he didn't think he needed it at all anymore... "What are you guys going to do?"

He turned slightly to Cassie, "Do you want to see this man about the pokemon now?" he said, referring to the farmer's poster of the pokemon, "He lives back in New Bark Town... Let's go ask questions about it."

Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 22  Next