It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:22 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 710 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 29  Next
 Hoenn: Ten Years Later (A DM'd RP) 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

"Quick! Drit, use agility and Dodge! Then use Thunder Wave and Paralysis him!" Steven Hastely calls out to Dratini, Then quickly glances over to Deryl to see how his battle is doing.

Sun May 27, 2007 5:29 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((Pokespriter, your profile has a lot of stuff I don't need and is lacking somethings I do need. Check the 2nd post in this thread for a guide for making your character's profile.

Blaziken234, go ahead and change it. When you are done, I'll make a new post for your character.))

{Tom}

The route to Mauville is a beautiful one. With the main part of the inauguration ceremony over, people have come out of their homes to enjoy the scerene Route 117. People are jogging, children are playing, and wild pokemon are out having a good time. Far off in the distance, you can make out the outline of the daycare/breeding center.

Interact with whatever you like or you could continue to Mauville. Then again, there's always the option of doing something else.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{Luxina}

((FYI, the middle one isn't serious, he's careful.))

Despite being off of the beaten path, there is no mound of dirt or rock large enough for you to hide behind. A tree may shield you from the other two, but the leader is too observent for you to be able to release a pokemon without him knowing. So, you follow them from a safe distance.

After a few minutes, the trio arrives at a spot where a small cluster of other machops have gathered. One of the machops in the cluster waves the trio over and is pointing to something in the ground. All the machops look confused and nervous. In this state, you wounldn't be able to get an accurate read on their natures. However, if you wanted to launch a surprise attack and/or disperse them, this would be the perfect time.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{Steven}

Drit obeys your commands and tightens her muscles and alters her nerves' response time to increase her speed. She easily jumps out of the way of the chimchar. However, the boost of speed is a little too much for the young dratini and the thunder wave only manages to hit the monkey's left leg.

Deryl seems to be doing ok. Even though the mankey is much faster than Sheldon, the torkoal's defense makes whatever attacks its foe makes resuslt in minimal damage. Also, the mankey seems to be burnt, so it won't be long now.

Sun May 27, 2007 6:18 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

This is even better then I expected! Now I will see how they handle a crisis! This is when a pokemon's nature comes out in full.

"Go Houndour! Bellow as loud as you can and direct a Fire Spin at the pack!"

Sun May 27, 2007 6:50 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Sun May 27, 2007 7:24 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Cerberus proudly unleashes his egg move into the crowd of machop. All instantly scramble, an instinctual reaction. After a moment though, some of the brave, bold, and hasty machops look around, anxious to engage in a fight. The careful, calm, and relaxed ones are stepping back, ready to fight or run depending. They know that it's better to know an opponent before engaging, especially considering that, to take on a pack of machops, you'd have to be crazy strong or just crazy. All the others have fled.

You could try luring one into a one-on-one, try to get them all to flee, walk away, or do something else.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{Zak}

Ah, Meteor Falls. The wonderous and majestic cave holds a beautiful variety pokemon and breath-taking sights. Various tourists in tour groups are going up and down the cave. No cameras allowed, though. They could startle the pokemon. Trainers are also passing through the cave to train their pokemon, capture new ones, or get from one end to another.

Stop and talk to someone if you like or go after a wild pokemon.

Outside the cave isn't as breath-taking, but it's more calm. If you walk down the rocky slope, you'll find a large meadow where people are relaxing. There may be pokemon trainers among them, but you'd be hard-pressed to find one that wants to battle instead of resting. Out here, you'll also be able to find a few school-girls in their mid-teens.

The choice of what to do next is up to you. Remember, you can always do something else.

Sun May 27, 2007 8:04 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

"Alright, Nice one! Now he can't move that fast. Now Use Dragon Rush And put everything you have left in you into that attack!"

Sun May 27, 2007 8:43 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Doesn't really matter. It's not like I'm standing right behind you with a knife...
Dusk ran to his mailbox and oppened the package. He took out poketech and turned it on. But then he remembered the letter, he oppened it and began reading.

Sun May 27, 2007 8:49 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Again, Drit charges up and maintains her dragon rush. It's harder for the chimchar to dodge this time since it has a paralyzed leg and ends up getting slammed by the attack and knocked unconscious. Now is the time to catch it.

To your side, you hear Deryl's pokeball make a 'click' sound. He shouts with joy that he caught the mankey.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

{Dusk}

The letter reads as follows:

As you have already been informed, we know about your life in Sinnoh. As you would most likely want this information kept out of public knowledge, we suggest you cooperate with us and do as we say.

The poketech that is within this package has the e-mail feature within the memo pad. YOU ARE NOT TO SEND OUT A SINGLE E-MAIL OR WRITE ANYTHING DOWN ON IT. ONLY RECEIVE E-MAILS. Rest assured, the coding we will use will keep the messages secure and no hackers will be able to read it. Your first message is already on the memo pad. Follow it.

Note: Turn to the counter feature to find a number already inserted. This number is for a bank account that has been registered in your name. You may use it for your missions, but use it only when needed. We will know what you use it for. Also, as you may have guessed, we have already made sure you will not be able to use the account to learn about us in any way.

Yours truely,

An anonymous stranger.

If you do decide to check the poketech's memo page, you will see the memo:

Go to the excavation cite at the top of Mt. Chimney. Ask for a man named Robert Pobhill.

Sun May 27, 2007 9:34 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Steven Shouts with Joy and tosses a Pokeball on the unconsous Chimchar " Way to go Drit! That was a amazing!" Steven returns Drit and picks up the Pokeball containing The Chimchar Hmm,what should I name you Turning to Deryl Steven is even more delighted to see that he caught his mankey. " So, Where to now Deryl ?"

Sun May 27, 2007 9:43 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I gaze at Houndour. "Ready to face your fear?"

I take a quick evaluation of the terrain. (Yeah, I know I should've done this before battling them, but I'm acting out one of her weaknesses)

Sun May 27, 2007 10:22 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Doesn't really matter. It's not like I'm standing right behind you with a knife...
Dusk read the memo and began climbing mount chimney, noticing many trainers on the way up. I need to know who this "Stranger" is. on the way up he saw a trainer trying to catch a Machop.

Sun May 27, 2007 10:43 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Zak sighs as he heads through the Cave, dodging tourists. He dicides tk go outside. Once there, he goes into the grass ,ooking for pokemon

Sun May 27, 2007 12:32 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: In your kitchen, holding a knife. And it's not for the vegetables...

Richard realized that he could probably catch it, and since no matter what he would have to go to the pokemon center, he reached into his pocket and pulled out a pokeball and threw it at the poochyana.

Sun May 27, 2007 2:06 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((Wow, my work really piles up. Guess that means the RP is doing well.))

{Steven}

Deryl spins the pokeball gracefully on his finger and exclaims, "Well, first we go to the pokemon center to heal up Sheldon and Ape here." As he says, "Ape" he holds up the pokeball that contains the just-caught mankey.

"After that, I was thinking of heading over to Lilycove City and seeing my cousin. Wanna come?"

((If you decide to go along, you can fast foward yourself to Route 120. By the way, what are you going to nick-name Chimchar, if you are going to? Also, your profile and Deryl's have been updated.))
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{Luxina}

((How'd you come up w/Luxina as a name for your character?))

Cerberus nods, ready to face any machop regardless of their type advantage.

A quick servey shows that the high ground is to your right / the machops' left. It isn't much of a high ground, only a few feet at best, but it's enough to give a pokemon with ranged attacks an edge. Also, the ground is mostly covered with dirt and plants. A few trees are here and there, but they don't look sturdy enough that you should try to attack from them.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{Dusk}

((Good job referencing some other part of the RP without mary-suing, I'll give your character something for that later on.))

If you stay on the beaten path, you should have relatively little problem scaling the mountain. Wild pokemon tend to only attack in the thick grass that lie to the sides of the path. Should you decide to help the girl getting the machops, you'd be risking a pokemon attack and getting your blackmailers angry, if they are watching.

If you proceed up the Mt. Chimney, you'll find a group of excavators busy at work. If you are looking for this Robert fellow, you should probably ask someone.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

{Zak}

Outside on the grass, grass and water types scurry about. Most trainers are ignoring them, opting to relax instead. You should be able to see lotads and lombres; surskits; seedots and nuzleafs; and azurill, marill, and azumarill all going about their day. There's also the occasional zangoose or seviper.

Take your pick of what to look for or do something else.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

{Richard}

((No biggy.))

The poocheyna is easily caught and the ball goes, "ding". Better give it a nickname if you want to and hurray it to the pokemon center so it can be healed. The pokemon center is a great place for trainers to meet and over hear news about relevent events (([/not so subtle forshadowing])).

However, you may do something else if you wish.

((Your profile has been updated.))

Sun May 27, 2007 2:58 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Dusk did not know what to do, alls he could think of was to stand there, warching the girl catch the Machop.

Sun May 27, 2007 3:06 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Lux: Latin/English translation: Light. She's hard to get down, is strategical and intelligent (Bright), and like light is fast paced in everything she does, sometimes too much so. Add -ina for a female suffix and I came up with the name.

I love foreign languages. ^_^

To the battle then....

I got an idea! *I move to the edge of the high ground* "Direct Flamethrower in an arc and target the ground below!" *I make a sweeping hand movement about 80 to 90 degrees towards the field* Superheating the ground? A curious idea, for Machops are best in melee combat and there are few potentially harmful projectiles in the area. If I create a choke point out of heat walls, I can use their ranged disadvantage against them. At the least, I'll make the field harder to cross with the obstacles and the blasted dirt. Luckily, he needs only a few seconds continuous flame to cover the area from the appearance of the landscape.

Sun May 27, 2007 3:35 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: In your kitchen, holding a knife. And it's not for the vegetables...
"I think I will name you Wolfark." after he caught it, he returned all of his pokemon into their pokeballs and ran to the Pokemon center. Inside, he ran up to the atendant. "Could you heal my pokemon please?".

Sun May 27, 2007 3:43 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

You both see Cerberus launch a flamethrower from the high ground all over the field. Noticing their great disadvantage, the ones who were waiting to observe their opponent now flee. Those who were ready to fight try to grab a rock or something to throw at Luxina and Cerberus. However, the ground and rocks are too hot for them. They too flee.

Only one has remained. She was in the right spot that she could get under the arc before it hit the ground and, while Luxina wasn't looking, she climbed up to where Luxina and Cerberus are. Now on even terms, she charges in with a karate chop.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{Richard}

"Gladly." The attendie says as he takes your pokemon from you.

All around the pokemon center you see four groups of trainers talking to each other about different things. You can't hear everything from all of them clearly, but you can hear some of what each is saying.

From one, you hear the phrase, "...crashed space shuttle and what they found was..." From another, you hear, "...theives stole my sister's pokemon." In the third group, someone is saying, "Where did you find this treasure map?" Finally, in the fourth group, one of them is talking about a huge tournament going on at the beach that's made for low-level pokemon only.

You may be able to eavesdrop without getting close enough to look suspicious. But if you want all the details of one, you can only pick one. Although, you could always do something else.

Sun May 27, 2007 4:09 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

That was unexpected. Oh well, I am looking for a challenge.

My first instinctive reaction is to shield Cerebrus from the attack, but I remember that this would insult his pride and that he was proving himself by successfully combating his weakness. I give a quick command:

"Backjump *Gestures hand to Cerebrus's back, at a 45 degree angle to Machop's charge line*, Flamethrower."

*I jump back to give Cerebrus the room he needs to move and execute his attack*

Sun May 27, 2007 4:33 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

Tom sees a fresh patch of grass and looks for wild Pokemon.

Sun May 27, 2007 4:42 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Cerberus obeys the backjump commande, however, it cannot see your hand movement and jumps straight back instead. This leave it open for an attack by the machop. The karate chop connects and it hurt. Cerberus isn't out, but don't expect it to take another one of those.
-------------------------------------------------------------

{Tom}

Unexpectedly, a tounge comes out of no where and hits you. Nothing too hard, just enough to annoy you. The source of the tounge cannot be seen, but from stories you've heard, you realize that its owner is a kecleon.

Sun May 27, 2007 5:14 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I guess the Karate Chop disrupted the Flamethrower?

Cerebrus has been injured. He is probably able to divert enough energy for a breath weapon attack, but he will require healing afterwards.... Wait, I got an idea!

I use my hands and targeting carefully, I throw dust at the Machop's eyes. "If my friend falls, I will carry on the fight!" I sense a surge of cold fury rising up in me. "Quick! Ember his eyes!" Hopefully, I can catch him off guard, as he is still recovering from that attack and if the dust hit, that too!

(Would this be accurate? I'm trying to replicate the response a mother or sister would have if their child or brother was threatened and injured)

- Edited because I took a direct action and remembered the rule, so I changed it. -

Last edited by StevensNightmare on Sun May 27, 2007 7:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun May 27, 2007 5:49 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

" Okay, Sounds Great!" Steven glances at his new Chimchar.I Think I'll name you bufoon. For being such a Crazy for making rude gestures in the middle of battle.

Sun May 27, 2007 5:56 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Zak looked for around a fairlydecent Seedot or Lotad. He saw a stronglooking Lotad in the water behind a house and sends out Surskit. He orders that Surskit run out onto th water to make sure the Lotad doesnt go under, and calls for Signal Bema

Sun May 27, 2007 7:43 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((Cerberus had to jump back first. If you've ever jumped straight back while someone was close to you and running at you, you'd know that you could never get your ground before he/she caught up to you.))

Cerberus is a little ticked that you helped him, but he decides to deal with that later. For now, a quick ember blast to the unguarded eyes manages to stager her. Act fast, this may be the last time she leaves herself wide open.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{Steven}

Route 120 is a nice place to look at from afar, but a horrible place to travel through. It's rocky and hilly, there's no beaten path, and really strong wild pokemon are everywhere. Too strong for any of your or Deryl's pokemon. After a couple hours. Deryl asks you if you want to rest for a while or keep going.

Trudge on or rest? Then again, you could do something else.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

{Zak}

Clueless and unguarded, the lotad is easily sent flying into the air by the signal beam and is already ready for capture. It's almost kind of pitful to see. Also, you know from talking to trainers that an easy capture usually means a lot of hard work ahead of you to get your pokemon up to speed.

Will you catch this lotad, look for another pokemon, or do something else?

Sun May 27, 2007 8:01 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 710 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 29  Next