It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 4:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 My Home Grown Wallpaper :D 
is very close to getting banned

Well, just as the title proclaims, I made this! I drew the picture in it myself, added in the 3D swirly bits, put it on the background, made it all textured, added the words and all :D And I love it!

What do we think?

EDIT: For interest's sake, the words are lyrics from two songs. The "Now I will tell you what I've done for you..." is from the Evanescence song Going Under, and the "You fool, you wanderer..." is from the Nightwish song Planet Hell -- Evanescence and Nightwish are my two favourite bands :D

Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:20 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

very nice superb even but i dobt any1would put that on their walls tho...as a poster yes as a wallpaper no

Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:23 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

very nice superb even but i dobt any1would put that on their walls tho...as a poster yes as a wallpaper no

It's a desktop wallpaper, not a real one :roll:

Anyway I really like it, the drawings good and coloured well and the background goes with it nicely, but I don't really see the point of the added lyrics but yeah thats just me.

Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:40 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

anything that has evanescence in it is awsome. other than that i LOVE it! 10/10 :D

Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:11 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I agree. The way you make your characters look so real, though, is amazing. Even the 3d swirly stuuf looks cool. I say 10/10 and I also suggest you try to sell some of your artwork someday. You can make a killing with those. Heck, I'm even sure that you can turn it into a show someday.

Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:36 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

seriously you could sell them to big time art critics and make an earnig of them! I definitely give them a 1000000000000/10

Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:17 pm
Profile YIM WWW

but I don't really see the point of the added lyrics but yeah thats just me.

Lyrics because Flarey loves her music :D

Thanks for the replies, guys, I might show off another one I made sometime soon :)

EDIT: While I'm here - Look at my signature!!!!! :D :D :D I'm so proud of it! Lyrics from End Of All Hope [Nightwish], one of my favourite songs this week! Yay!

Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:47 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Last edited by Drayos on Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:10 am
Profile YIM

Drayos please remove that from your desktop immediately. That's my work and I haven't given anyone permission to use it for themselves. (Btw those characters are copyright, in case anyone else gets ideas :? )

Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:16 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yo, love the wallpaper! Have to say, I initially thought that you meant wallpaper on walls...sad I know....

But! I also love Nightwish and Evanesence! I LOVE Gesthamane (though I can never spell it, but who cares? It's so...chunky...yes...)

Your characters are very cool. And I love the whole quoteness-from-songs-and-what-not.

"Play with fire and expect to be burned."

Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:55 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Drayos please remove that from your desktop immediately. That's my work and I haven't given anyone permission to use it for themselves. (Btw those characters are copyright, in case anyone else gets ideas :? )

k its off.

Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:09 pm
Profile YIM

Now for my latest wallpaper!! This one took me an hour and a half to make (the other one took half an hour) and slowed my computer down to roughly one eighth of its normal speed while the program processed everything I told it to do. I merged all the different sceneries together, edited them, added color, took away color, smudged things, spray-canned backgrounds so it blended perfectly and generally fixed and fiddled with the background to get it that perfect. Then I added the words - which took even longer to edit and get just right, believe it or not :P

Please, please, please do not use this wallpaper. I worked my butt off for it, and I don't want anyone else using it. (Not that you should be using my stuff without permission anyway, but I'm just stressing it for this one)

So, with all that out of the way, I give you the desktop wallpaper created to celebrate my newest favourite song - Nightwish's song Nightquest

What do we think? :P

Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:36 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

My god Flarey! You continue to amaze us! I love the spray can clouds and the sinister text is truly.....Wow!!! I love it!

Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:43 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: "We come all the way from the far country China, and we born you here just in America."
Wow, it's really good. It's not something an ordinary person could do, you have a lot of talent. Don't waste it!!!!!
What font did you use for the lyrics? It's really cool.

"Stealing is not excusable, for instance, you are in a museum and you decide that a certain painting would look better in your house, and you simply grab the painting and take it there. But if you were very, very hungry, and you had no way of obtaining money, it might be excusable to grab the painting, take it to your house, and eat it."

Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]