It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 My new doll sprite 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hey SwampZard here! This is a doll that I made using the doll base from http://www.bunnystick.com/ ........

Please rate this!!!

Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:48 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Hmm.. not bad, not bad at all. It's good, but theres room for improvement (but everyone has room for improvement!)

I like that you aren't sticking to the lines of the body when drawing clothes- thats good, not everyone wears skin-tight clothes.
I also see that you're trying to make folds in the clothes- thats good too. I know I didn't when I started making dolls.

I would advise you to look at how clothes hang on the body to improve on folds. Yes, they're kinda hard at first, but once you get the hang of them, you'll see how good they can look. A good tutorial for folds in clothes might be this- http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/21994317/

Also, try using smooth, one-pixel outlines. At the moment, the lineless look doesn't quite work for you, as it contrasts aginst the base. Try having a look at how other people shade on other pixel dolls- theres numerous sites you could reference.

Finally, whilst the colours are okay, its not usually such a good idea to use the default colours in MS Paint. They're okay up to a point, but theres so many you could use. Experiment a lot with the colour picker or if you can't get it to work how you want, look out for free palettes on pixel doll sites (or even use ones from Pokemon sprites!). There's plenty, so don't limit yourself.

I hope my advice helps you! Well done, though, on this doll. It's a good effort. When I was starting dolling, I wouldn't've attempted to use such a big base, so good job :)

Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]