It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:19 pm



Reply to topic  [ 380 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Yu-Gi-Oh 
Author Message
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:10 pm
Posts: 1090
Location: Texas
Post 
Well personally I would have chosed Slifer,but Oblisk is okay.

_________________
Image
click to visit my site


Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:48 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:15 am
Posts: 894
Post 
I thought you said some posts ago that Obelisk was the only good one? :?

Oh well. I'd choose Slifer.
Now, if I may ask, what are your favourite cards?
I'll use this layout:

MONSTER:
Effect: Vampire Lord. With something as simple as a rush reclessly, it can topple Jinzo. Then, it's pretty much unstoppable. At least in my own special deck :P
Art: Terrorking Salmon
(Personal: BEWD, don't ask. It's my favourite card.)

SPELL:
Effect: Legendary Ocean. Entire decks can be built thanks to this card, I love the insane number of combos it allows and relates to my favourite type, Water.
Art: Change of Heart

TRAP:
Effect: Gravity Bind. In the proper deck, it can be a lifesaver. At other times, it can completely screw up your game. I love that. :D
Art: Spellbinding Circle

_________________
Image


Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:36 am
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:10 pm
Posts: 1090
Location: Texas
Post 
Blackwind wrote:
I thought you said some posts ago that Obelisk was the only good one? :?

Oh well. I'd choose Slifer.
Now, if I may ask, what are your favourite cards?
I'll use this layout:

MONSTER:
Effect: Vampire Lord. With something as simple as a rush reclessly, it can topple Jinzo. Then, it's pretty much unstoppable. At least in my own special deck :P
Art: Terrorking Salmon
(Personal: BEWD, don't ask. It's my favourite card.)

SPELL:
Effect: Legendary Ocean. Entire decks can be built thanks to this card, I love the insane number of combos it allows and relates to my favourite type, Water.
Art: Change of Heart

TRAP:
Effect: Gravity Bind. In the proper deck, it can be a lifesaver. At other times, it can completely screw up your game. I love that. :D
Art: Spellbinding Circle


You just don't get it,I was saying he was he good one in the Real Game.I never said he was my most favorite...I would say Slifer is one of my favorites becuase he is a actual dragon.Even though it doesn't say it on the card he is the closest thing to one,Ra looks like a big Machine.

_________________
Image
click to visit my site


Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:54 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:53 am
Posts: 186
Location: Gone, never to return.
Post 
In the "real game," as Latios puts it, then all the God Cards, not just Obelisk the Tormentor, would be useless in a Duel because they all say "This card cannot be used in a Duel" in the bottom-left corner of the card. However, that doesn't stop anyone from using them in a friendly Duel, in which case you would be using the effects they have from Nightmare Troubadour.

Also, if anyone wants help with Yu-Gi-Oh! Nightmare Troubadour, PM me or post here, and I'll help you out.

Finally, it should be noted that the Shadow of Infinity Sneak Preview tournament is the Friday and Saturday of next week. Go to Pastimes for more details. Since the Sacred Beast cards come out in this new booster pack, I'll be in Iowa's Saturday event.


Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:48 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:10 pm
Posts: 1090
Location: Texas
Post 
Waker of Chaos wrote:
In the "real game," as Latios puts it, then all the God Cards, not just Obelisk the Tormentor, would be useless in a Duel because they all say "This card cannot be used in a Duel" in the bottom-left corner of the card. However, that doesn't stop anyone from using them in a friendly Duel, in which case you would be using the effects they have from Nightmare Troubadour.

Also, if anyone wants help with Yu-Gi-Oh! Nightmare Troubadour, PM me or post here, and I'll help you out.

Finally, it should be noted that the Shadow of Infinity Sneak Preview tournament is the Friday and Saturday of next week. Go to Pastimes for more details. Since the Sacred Beast cards come out in this new booster pack, I'll be in Iowa's Saturday event.


I don't really like YGO NT it get's dull just as fast as all of the others I have played.The only one I have ever liked(which I still have) is YGO Falsebound Kingdom.I think I only like that one because the gods are cool and huge,and it is like Final Fantasy. I have to admit YGONT does have good graphics.

_________________
Image
click to visit my site


Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:41 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:53 am
Posts: 186
Location: Gone, never to return.
Post 
This coming weekend, the Shadow of Infinity Sneak Preview tournament shall occur. I'll be at the Saturday one in Des Moines, Iowa.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Falsebound Kingdom does have a lot of really cool graphics, and I liked the storyline, but no video game really does Yu-Gi-Oh! justice. I should know; I've played them all.


Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:37 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:10 pm
Posts: 1090
Location: Texas
Post 
Waker of Chaos wrote:
This coming weekend, the Shadow of Infinity Sneak Preview tournament shall occur. I'll be at the Saturday one in Des Moines, Iowa.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Falsebound Kingdom does have a lot of really cool graphics, and I liked the storyline, but no video game really does Yu-Gi-Oh! justice. I should know; I've played them all.


What are those new God cards that are coming out with Shadow of Infinity's name? Her is a shadow of Infinity spoiler I found, I haven't checked it out but a freind recomended it.

_________________
Image
click to visit my site


Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:17 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:53 am
Posts: 186
Location: Gone, never to return.
Post 
They aren't God Cards, but they do look a lot alike. The Sacred Beast cards are Raviel, Lord of Phantasms, Uria, Lord of Searing Flames, and Hamon, Lord of Striking Thunder.


Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:39 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:10 pm
Posts: 1090
Location: Texas
Post 
Well I know in YGO GX they are called some kind of gods. Also everyone me and WOC duel will finally take place I will post up the results ^_^ .

_________________
Image
click to visit my site


Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:56 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:53 am
Posts: 186
Location: Gone, never to return.
Post 
They aren't gods. Not at all. I will admit, though, that the abilities of the Sacred Beasts make them seem so. Anyway, I'll post their abilities here, so everyone sees what I mean.

Raviel, Lord of Phantasms
LV10 DARK Fiend/Effect-Type
ATK/4000 DEF/4000

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by Tributing three Fiend-Type Monsters on your Field. Each time your opponent Normal Summons a Monster, Special Summon a "Phantasm Token" (DARK Fiend-Type, 1 Star, ATK/1000 DEF/1000) to your Field. This token cannot declare an attack. Once per turn, by Tributing a Monster on your Field, increase this card's ATK by the original ATK of the Tributed Monster until the End Phase of the turn.


Uria, Lord of Searing Flames
LV10 FIRE Pyro/Effect-Type
ATK/0 DEF/0

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by sending three face-up Trap Cards from your Field to the Graveyard. This card's ATK increases by 1000 points for every Continuous Trap Card in your Graveyard. Once per turn, you can destroy one Set Spell or Trap Card on your opponent's side of the Field. That card may not be activated in response to this effect's activation.


Hamon, Lord of Striking Thunder
LV10 LIGHT Thunder/Effect-Type
ATK/4000 DEF/4000

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by sending three Continuous Spell Cards from your Field to the Graveyard. Inflict 1000 points of damage to your opponent's Life Points every time this card destroys a Monster as a result of battle and sends it to the Graveyard. While this card is face-up in Defense Position, your opponent may not declare an attack against any Monster on your Field except this card.


Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:29 pm
Profile YIM
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:05 am
Posts: 73
Location: Australia
Post 
The game itself is pretty good, nice and simple, quick to learn.... but the show... i hate how they just make crap up on the spot... "This card allows me to..." .... "uh, no it doesn't Yugi..."

_________________
Catchin' Em All since 1985.


Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:44 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:53 am
Posts: 186
Location: Gone, never to return.
Post 
I can understand that. Take the two-on-one Duel, Yami and Kaiba versus Dartz. Kaiba used a Trap Card he called Wish of Final Effort. We don't have that card here, nor do we have any of the Oricalchos or Legendary Dragon (Knight) cards. We don't even have Reverse of Reverse, which Yami used to take control of Kaiba's Return from the Different Dimension in his Duel against Anubis. I think it's about time all the cards we don't already have from the anime and manga were released, so that we could see exactly what they actually do.

And there's another thing. I'd like to see someone use a Cookie Cutter Deck on the anime. A Traditional Format one, so we can see Cyber Dragon, Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning, D.D. Assailant, and D.D. Warrior Lady used, along with Spell Cards and Trap Cards like Smashing Ground, Heavy Storm, Book of Moon, and Sakuretsu Armor.


Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:55 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:10 pm
Posts: 1090
Location: Texas
Post 
Aranor wrote:
The game itself is pretty good, nice and simple, quick to learn.... but the show... i hate how they just make crap up on the spot... "This card allows me to..." .... "uh, no it doesn't Yugi..."


I have to admit that the games is easy to pick up,but when you get to a high enough level like me and WOC(I will have to see in a duel)than things get real easy.Trust me when you go to tournaments the game won't so fun then.As for the show I guess I just got to old for it,with my girlfriend ,and my senior year and all.Also WOC when I was saying that "they are called god cards" becuase I kept seeing cirmercials for YGOGX on cartoonetwork.That is were I got that idea from.

Also WOC Cyber Dragon has appeared in YGOGX.Sirius's brother uses it.AS for BLSEOB I have that card and I found out I can use that and my CED in our duel.So when your computer gets working be careful.

_________________
Image
click to visit my site


Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:08 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:53 am
Posts: 186
Location: Gone, never to return.
Post 
I see. Also, Latios, since I'm using an Advanced Format Deck, it would be unfair for you to use a Traditional Format Deck. Therefore, you can't use either Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning or Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End. I don't mind you using Chaos Sorcerer, though.

Also, I'm well aware that Syrus Truesdale's brother, Zane of the Obelisk Blue dorms, uses a Cyber Dragon Deck, but he doesn't use a Cookie Cutter Deck. No one has in the anime or manga, not even in Japan.


Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:33 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 7:17 am
Posts: 248
Post 
Waker of Chaos wrote:
They aren't gods. Not at all. I will admit, though, that the abilities of the Sacred Beasts make them seem so. Anyway, I'll post their abilities here, so everyone sees what I mean.

Raviel, Lord of Phantasms
LV10 DARK Fiend/Effect-Type
ATK/4000 DEF/4000

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by Tributing three Fiend-Type Monsters on your Field. Each time your opponent Normal Summons a Monster, Special Summon a "Phantasm Token" (DARK Fiend-Type, 1 Star, ATK/1000 DEF/1000) to your Field. This token cannot declare an attack. Once per turn, by Tributing a Monster on your Field, increase this card's ATK by the original ATK of the Tributed Monster until the End Phase of the turn.


Uria, Lord of Searing Flames
LV10 FIRE Pyro/Effect-Type
ATK/0 DEF/0

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by sending three face-up Trap Cards from your Field to the Graveyard. This card's ATK increases by 1000 points for every Continuous Trap Card in your Graveyard. Once per turn, you can destroy one Set Spell or Trap Card on your opponent's side of the Field. That card may not be activated in response to this effect's activation.


Hamon, Lord of Striking Thunder
LV10 LIGHT Thunder/Effect-Type
ATK/4000 DEF/4000

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by sending three Continuous Spell Cards from your Field to the Graveyard. Inflict 1000 points of damage to your opponent's Life Points every time this card destroys a Monster as a result of battle and sends it to the Graveyard. While this card is face-up in Defense Position, your opponent may not declare an attack against any Monster on your Field except this card.

Is this you who posted this deck idea on Pojo?
link here http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=263245
Edit: A friend got Uria at the preview (I couldn't go, as grounded). He wants a Cyber Twin dragon for it. I only have 1 Super rare Cyber Twin. Should I trade? Also the only should be except, they're nomi monsters, but Uria and Hamon still rock.

_________________
<FireStarter>I'm sure Psyducks will be at stakes too
<FireStarter>*Psybucks


Last edited by Eswin on Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.



Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:09 am
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:53 am
Posts: 186
Location: Gone, never to return.
Post 
Yes, that would be me. Anywhere you see the username Waker of Chaos, that is me. As for doing that trade, it just depends on whether the Sacred Beast card is Ultimate Rare. If it is, don't trade because I want it. If it's not, go right ahead.


Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:24 am
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 7:17 am
Posts: 248
Post 
I decided not to anyway, he had a deck idea using it, Embodiment of Apophis (I gave him mine), Skull Lair, light of intervention and DNA Surgery. I told him to only put in DNA surgery if he got Raviel, for obvious reasons ;)
Also, only the rare cards had ultimate versions of the previews from what I heard, so it was obviously ultra. I also wanted to keep my Cyber Twin Dragon.

_________________
<FireStarter>I'm sure Psyducks will be at stakes too
<FireStarter>*Psybucks


Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:58 am
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:53 am
Posts: 186
Location: Gone, never to return.
Post 
Well, this f*cking ba*tard of a mod, WildWill, banned me from Pojo for standing up to his mouthing off. As far as I'm concerned, he needs to pay.


Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:20 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 7:17 am
Posts: 248
Post 
Waker of Chaos wrote:
Well, this f*cking ba*tard of a mod, WildWill, banned me from Pojo for standing up to his mouthing off. As far as I'm concerned, he needs to pay.

K....
Well he had to have a reason for it, or else it was unjustified.

_________________
<FireStarter>I'm sure Psyducks will be at stakes too
<FireStarter>*Psybucks


Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:34 am
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:53 am
Posts: 186
Location: Gone, never to return.
Post 
WildWill's a h*rdas*. He doesn't need a reason, he just does what he does, and laughs at the people who suffer from it. Unjustified or not, he gets away with whatever he wants to do.


Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:58 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:10 pm
Posts: 1090
Location: Texas
Post 
Well looks like things might start getting interesting agian.Sorry for my absence to this thread I got a new position at work so I have less time on the internet.

Anyways back on topic, OMG Waker of Choas got banned from at site I would have never guessed.
:wink:

_________________
Image
click to visit my site


Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:38 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:53 am
Posts: 186
Location: Gone, never to return.
Post 
Well, WildWill must really enjoy his position....I hope to one day crack into his account and carry out some revenge, but if I don't, meh.

Anyway, I'm available for YVD Duels again. Latios, that means you.


Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:23 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:10 pm
Posts: 1090
Location: Texas
Post 
As soon as I get time.

_________________
Image
click to visit my site


Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:45 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:53 am
Posts: 186
Location: Gone, never to return.
Post 
You know, this topic doesn't really belong here. We mainly talk about the real life trading card game, not the anime (though that sometimes is mentioned). I think this topic should be moved back to where it was.


Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:16 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:10 pm
Posts: 1090
Location: Texas
Post 
Well WOC,I actually fought on the chats to get this site back to GD when it was moved here.I mean sure we talk about the anime every once and awhile but it is always to prove a point in the real card game.Really they said it was a card game that was going to get old anyways and maybe if they moved it here less people would come to stop the topic.What Tonberryking stated on the chats was " This is a pokemon site anyways".So there is no point putting that out there because trust me,I have tried to reason with them.

_________________
Image
click to visit my site


Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:14 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 380 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.