It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:28 pm

Forum rules

It's not called THE BIG THREAD THAT ANSWERS ALL YOUR QUESTIONS for nothing. Use it!

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Okay, this is getting weird... 
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

For the last three days, my internet has been acting weird. There are certain times in the day (apparently at random) when my browser will say that Psypoke's "Server does not respond" and it times out. I can therefore get onto neither the main site or the forums, and I've tried several methods. Even worse is that EVERY other site on the web seems to work fine, even other forums.

The same happens when I try it on my brother's and my parents' computer. It also seems to make no difference if I use Firefox or Internet Explorer. I know it's not because of a ban or a firewall, so what is happening?

I know that a couple of other users have been getting the same problem, the first that come to mind are The Obsidian Wolf and Rubypoke.

Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:13 am
Report this post
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

It's most perculiar. It happened all April Fool's Day, and I missed the drama. :(

Wait a sec, what nationality is Rubypoke? That might make a difference, as it could be an english thing...but what?

Well, whatever it is, it is really getting on my nerves, because it will randomly cut out, and claim that Psypoke does not exist anymore.

The other computers in my house also fail to help, and when I went to school earlier today (grr, extra lessons for coursework...) it worked fine. However, that may have been pure luck, as when I got home, Psypoke was fine again.

How odd...

"Play with fire and expect to be burned."

Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:50 am
Report this post
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Rubypoke is British along with me and I think we both had this problem yesterday. I personally attributed it to my service provider, Virgin Media.

If both of you have Virgin Media as your service provider it most likely would have been something to do with them.

Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:57 am
Report this post
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Nope, nothing in my house uses Virgin Media...

Maybe it's something to do with England? Remember the time TK had to IP block the whole of Australia on the chats - this might be like that.

Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:01 am
Report this post
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

...um, forgive my ignorance, but I don't know what mine is... :oops:

I think it might be Orange, as the shortcut that I click on to open the internet is the orange thingy.

Yes, I am thick, stop laughing. I hate computers, and they hate me, it is a mutual disagreement. :P

(And I didn't realise you were British...how weird...)

EDIT AFTER READING GQ'S: Could well be. But who could have done something to have pissed off one of the admins? And wouldn't they have put it as an announcement? Hm, perhaps it was accidental.

*Jiggz "accidentally" hits the SNAP ENGLAND'S PSYPOKE CONNECTION LINE IN HALF button, and cackles maliciously...*

"Play with fire and expect to be burned."

Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:02 am
Report this post
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I has a few problems a few hours ago. And I live in America.

Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:48 am
Report this post
The Geek
The Geek

Servers are not perfect. They go down from time to time. Connections TO servers go down too. It happens. It's not the end of the world.

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:05 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 7 posts ]