It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Nintendo 3DS Look Revealed!... 

Do you like what you see with the Nintendo 3DS?!
Something to look forward to... 81%  81%  [ 22 ]
Something that should be buried forever... 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Don't Care... 15%  15%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 27

Nintendo 3DS Look Revealed!... 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
Oh okay...My regular DS has a literally cracked screen & also has recently been stolen, why?...

........I have no clue about the video thing but yeah, PSP did fail epically in the memory department with the neccessity of a external device to save data, DS rulez clearly...

Who steals a DS, seriously?
I hope it has some video capabilities, i'd love to be able to take 3D videos.
The PSP sucked at that point, i had to wait 3 month from getting my PSP until getting a memory card. But i couldn't really say which one i prefer out of the DS or PSP...PSP has quality but the functions of the new 3DS will out-shine any previous handheld hopefully...

Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:45 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Started typing in your color again huh?...but yeah see the thing that made me dislike the PSP was the stupid ass Analog stick that could have had work done on it further via updated editions of the system & the thing about the DS is that all or most of their problems were fixed via the DSLite which was imo the most successful DS console to date with one problem...the GBA slot got smaller so your GBA game would stick out if stuck into the DSLite which wasn't a problem with the original DS...

In short, I want a PSPGO(system looks more playable then the original PSP) & a 3DS(mainly to replace my original DS)...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:54 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

hmmm, it looks surprisingly familiar. i wonder why?? lol [/sarcasm]. srsly, tho, i like the new design. getting the blue one :-D i wonder if it'll play ds games?? if so, that would explain why they didn't release b/w for it directly. after all, you would have to wait for most people to save up the money to get it, then save up again to get the new games.... just saying. but it definitley (spelling?) looks promising.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:31 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

rex09 wrote:
hmmm, it looks surprisingly familiar. i wonder why?? lol [/sarcasm]. srsly, tho, i like the new design. getting the blue one :-D i wonder if it'll play ds games?? if so, that would explain why they didn't release b/w for it directly. after all, you would have to wait for most people to save up the money to get it, then save up again to get the new games.... just saying. but it definitley (spelling?) looks promising.

Hey rex09?...This...

Serpentsounds wrote:
Nintendo's Website wrote:
Input/Output:
A port that accepts both Nintendo 3DS game cards and game cards for the Nintendo DS™ family of systems, an SD memory card slot, an AC adapter connector, a charging cradle terminal and a stereo headphone output jack.

<_<

There doesn't seem to be any major design deviation from previous DS models, which I'm fine with. I'm happy to see an analog stick, though. If I do end up buying this I will look forward to the new Mario Kart and of course the Star Fox 64 remake.

You can thank Serpentsounds for this very important info cause I had nothing to do with finding it out...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:40 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
Started typing in your color again huh?...but yeah see the thing that made me dislike the PSP was the stupid ass Analog stick that could have had work done on it further via updated editions of the system & the thing about the DS is that all or most of their problems were fixed via the DSLite which was imo the most successful DS console to date with one problem...the GBA slot got smaller so your GBA game would stick out if stuck into the DSLite which wasn't a problem with the original DS...

In short, I want a PSPGO(system looks more playable then the original PSP) & a 3DS(mainly to replace my original DS)...

Yeah, it kinda goes along with the whole 'Genesis' thing i have going with my sig and avatar xD
And i didn't really find any problems with the PSP analog stick. It's very convenient in controlling characters in first person (as most playstation games are, whereas DS don't tend to) But it also keeps the 'slimline' effect if the PSP as a whole. and i agree about the DS part, i had a DSLite first and then got a original DS (7 pounds off a car boot sale-Bargain) and the GBA game not sticking out of the bottom of the original DS made holding the console more comfortable to hold, especially considering i have one in almost constantly)
I only got my PSP 3000 at christmas just gone so i don't think i'll eb getting a PSPGO anytime soon, but one huge disadvantage of the PSPGO i think is the fact there's STILL no second analogue stick. It peeves me off when playing on my PSP3000 that to turn the camera round you have to do a full circle. (but some games on PSP just use the triggers to turn the camera). ~I think on the PSPGO they should've made the start and select buttins along the bottom (or somewhere else than where they are) and have a second analogue stick like the PS1/2/3. I also dislike the way the buttons look 'cramped?'...My ideal set would include a PSP3000 and a 3DS.

And i know, it IS wrong to compare them to one another (Playstation and Nintendo) because they DO have different target markets (from what i gather) but they are the two main handhelds on the market and i think Nintendo did right by getting in there and making the DS have 3D.

It is a shame Playstation didn't work on the PSP having 3D, the PSP has a fairlly good set of games that would suit it. But Playstation said they're focusing on having the PS3 to have 3D before anything...
SORRY about all that, i strayed off somewhere in the middle and got carried away. ^^

Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:05 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Yeah I will admit that the PSPGO could have had a hell of a lot of work done on it before it came out...however, I like the fact that the screen is separated from the actual GamePad via a slide screen & that it takes more memory & without the need of a external memory card unless you stock up...

I should get back on Topic...I am confused on rather the 3DS will have 3D like Movie Theater 3D Glasses 3D or like regular DOA(the game, duh) graphics 3D(though I'm sure it won't be that good)?...any guesses or info on this?...

Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:20 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

wikipedia wrote:
TThe 3DS has two cameras on the outside of the device, capable of taking 3D photos, as well as a camera positioned above the top screen that faces the player; both cameras have a resolution of 640x480 pixels (0.3 Megapixel). The system also has 3D movie playback capability, and was shown able to record 3D video content

That answered our earlier question...

Also...
wikipedia...again wrote:
Also at the E3 Expo, Nintendo’s CEO Satoru Iwata confirmed that the 3DS will expand into 3D movies as well. Nintendo has made deals with Warner Bros, Disney, and DreamWorks to deliver 3D movies; although no titles have been announced yet

This sounds interesting.
As for what you just asked...
The 3D will be different from the cinema's because the cinema uses polarized light and the 3DS uses Autostereoscopy, for those who aren't total geeks like i...

wikipedia...once again wrote:
Currently most flat-panel solutions employ lenticular lenses or parallax barriers that redirect incoming imagery to several viewing regions at a lower resolution. If the viewer positions their head in certain viewing positions, they'll perceive different images with each eye, giving a convincing illusion of 3D. Such displays can have multiple viewing zones allowing multiple users to view the image at the same time, or display more than two images, allowing viewers to see different perspectives by shifting their posture relative to the display.

That covers technicalities but yeah, the looks SHOULD be smilar to the cinema but without dulling from glasses and depending on your position to the DS the image will have a different..perspective? slightly.
Sorry if i answered wrongly, i didnt' quite get the question...

Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:41 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

I guess it did, I'll find out when the thing is released to the public...

Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:45 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

IGN's Youtube channel says we should expect to see it before March 2011

http://www.youtube.com/user/IGNentertainment#p/u/84/9S4PABH3Eds

Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:44 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Darkrai-follower wrote:
IGN's Youtube channel says we should expect to see it before March 2011

I know this already, they mentioned it on GameTrailers TV or something already or maybe I saw it on another Forum, I forget...

Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:31 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ahh 'kay.
Any idea on the price of the 3DS?

Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:44 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Darkrai-follower wrote:
Ahh 'kay.
Any idea on the price of the 3DS?

Well the DS was $129.99 when it first came out
The DSLite was $149.99 when it first came out
I think the other DS systems were also but didn't have any real new features so go figure if that's the case

So I say it will be Priced at something like $169.99, this not putting the very expensive PSP(when it first came out anyway) & PSPGO into the equation that is...

Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:51 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hmm yeah, what about the DSi...that had a lot of new features to the DSLite.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:03 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

This...

Lawence Codye wrote:
I think the other DS systems were also but didn't have any real new features so go figure if that's the case

I don't know...

Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:10 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Sorry, misread. I couldn't say for myself either though. The DSiXL is about £160 in stores now, im hoping the 3DS to be not much more...

Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:23 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Darkrai-follower wrote:
Sorry, misread. I couldn't say for myself either though. The DSiXL is about £160 in stores now, im hoping the 3DS to be not much more...

In that case, I actually think that the 3DS will be 189.99, that's factoring in the PSP & PSPGO so it might be more expensive then what Nintendo would dare sell it at, I hope...

Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:31 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

So, does the 3DS mark the start of the Eighth Generation?

Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:27 pm
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Gallade Roxas wrote:

Eighth Generation of what?...

Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:12 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
Gallade Roxas wrote:

Eighth Generation of what?...

...video game consoles?

Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:28 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

As in:
1) game boy
2) game boy colour
3) game boy advance
4) game boy advance SP
5) GB micro
6) DS
7) DSLite
8) DSi
9) 3DS?

If so then it's 9th. (10th including the XL)
If not i don't get what you mean. XD

Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:38 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Game boy micro shouldn't be in there, imo. it wasn't that popular, and didn't have much over a new layout that was improved, imo. same goes for ds and dslite. i won't say gba and gbasp should be merged, as gbasp had a high gross rate and had a brighter screen, which was useful, imo.
Lawence Codye wrote:
rex09 wrote:

Hey rex09?...This...

Serpentsounds wrote:
Nintendo's Website wrote:
Input/Output:
A port that accepts both Nintendo 3DS game cards and game cards for the Nintendo DS™ family of systems, an SD memory card slot, an AC adapter connector, a charging cradle terminal and a stereo headphone output jack.

You can thank Serpentsounds for this very important info cause I had nothing to do with finding it out...

lol whoops, didn't see that.....

Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:28 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Popular or not i wouldn't say it shouldn't 'count' as one of their consoles.
The DSLite, there was big differences to the DS kinda, brighter screens, sleek,'perfect' shape compared to original DS. looks, it was really different, software, exactly the same.
In the end, they are all individual consoles and shouldn't be treated similar...

~Edit: and the game boy micro was supposed to be a compact version so really, it met the aims.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:42 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Yeah, the DSLite was so different from the DS that saying they are the same system is outrageous period...

The gameboy Micro though not that different from the GameBoy Advance(not the SP one) had different cords for everything, smaller & still visable screening of the game & was shaped differently too, I had the Anniversary Edition but it got stolen with my Sapphire Version someday & it was pretty much hopeless trying to retrieve it with no idea who or what did it, my point is that it is a different system too so...

It's definetely the 10th Gen(I mean 11th Gen, you forgot about the GameBoy Pocket) in Nintendo's Handheld franchise, praise the Nintendo 3DS, hopefully anyway...

Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:30 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Just as i thought :) And i forgot about the Pocket.
And you had a Micro stolen aswell? you have bad history of getting things stolen, DS and Micro XD

Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:55 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Darkrai-follower wrote:
Just as i thought :) And i forgot about the Pocket.
And you had a Micro stolen aswell? you have bad history of getting things stolen, DS and Micro XD

My Gameboy Advance was stolen along with my Pokemon Crystal by some pain of a classmate in middle school...
My Gameboy Color was stolen by I have no idea along with my Pokemon Gold...

I no longer have these problems nowadays...

Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next