It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 386 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next
 Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and Wii Discussion [now with poll] 

Overall, which of the next generation consoles is most appealing to you?
Playstation 3 19%  19%  [ 48 ]
Wii 57%  57%  [ 142 ]
X-Box 360 22%  22%  [ 55 ]
None 2%  2%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 251

Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and Wii Discussion [now with poll] 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

The Wii owns. Forever. I only have Wii Sports (c), Wii Play (c), and Legend of Zelda Twilight PrincessTM, but it still owns.

P.S.: {girafarig} approves of this message.

Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:08 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

*dies from drowning in drool*

Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:35 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

The PS3 will own the driving/shooting/freedom sections of the market.

The 360 will own the shooting/smooth gameplay market.

The Wii will own the party games/simple-but-fun/feeling-as-though-you-are-in-the-game market.

Personally, I find it hard to choose which will be best, as they are so different, unlike the previous generation.
I have to vote for the PS3, just because it is what I'm getting and it will be monsterous.

Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:21 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I also think the Wii will do rather good with first person shooters. I've played Red Steel and it wasn't that great. Call of Duty 3 and Far Cry: Vengeance on the other hand were rather good but the Wii is better suited for Platformers and Adventure games. (EG Legend of Zelda)

The 360 is pretty good as a well rounded console. It does better with Third Person Shooters on the otherhand. It also does very well with sandbox environment games. (EG Crackdown)

The PS3 I think will do better with the racing and WW2 games. After all, they've always been Sony's strong points. The Playstation has always done good with simulators as well. I don't think it'll do too well with sandbox environment games. (EG Superman Returns)

Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:14 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: The funny farm, where life is beautiful all the time!!
The PS3 will own the driving/shooting/freedom sections of the market.

The 360 will own the shooting/smooth gameplay market.

The Wii will own the party games/simple-but-fun/feeling-as-though-you-are-in-the-game market.

Personally, I find it hard to choose which will be best, as they are so different, unlike the previous generation.
I have to vote for the PS3, just because it is what I'm getting and it will be monsterous.

I think Wii is good with the whole 'sword game' thing too. Wii is best for me, mainly because of that big pricetag on the PS3. If it gets ALOT cheaper it'll be more goodly than the Wii, but until that happens I'm gonna go for a Wii :shock:

8 D

Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:33 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: The funny farm, where life is beautiful all the time!!
I think I should also say that the only reason anyone should consider getting an Xbox 360 is for Halo 3, and then it's a big waste of money anyway! Xbox would be a bit better if it wasn't for the stupid controller. It has such a stupid layout.

If Halo games were out on PS2 or something like that, no-one in their right mind would buy Xbox's anymore.

Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:41 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

How many people would actually say that the Xbox 360 is the best console? In my opinion, IT JUST ISN'T!

I mean, I now own a PS3, and fankly, it is everything you could ever want out of a games console. Plus, the opportunity for updates is useful. It is unique, because it does SO much!

The Wii is impressive, and is taking gaming to a completely new level, and the only bad thing I can say against it, is that it has a really stupid name. And I'm sure everyone will agree with me.

The 360 has nothing that the PS3 or Wii can't do. Maybe it's got superior online gaming, but the PS3 does that! (Does the Wii go online?) The Wii and PS3 are new and unique.

Anyway, anything more and I would be just repeating myself.

Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:35 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

To be honest I feel it's laughable that anyone has bought a PS3. Sorry if this sounds fanboy-ish but I just don't see the draw. I mean it's a PS2 with a Blu-Ray Player and media capabilities. You might as well tape a PS2 to an iPod and get the desired effect.

Daylight robbery...

When I went into my local gaming store they had an electronic sign that said "1 PS3 sold so far" Now... I know this isn't on a national or global scale but it took me 5 minutes to stop laughing. I expect the reason they've only sold one is no bugger wants, nor can afford one. It's ridiculously over-priced.

Sony = Money grabbing

Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:31 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

That sign had an error. Kryten told me, and that shop was the one I got mine from. In the 15 minutes I was in there, the shop sold 3 PS3s.

Anyway, the PS3 is an impressive machine. End of.

Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:13 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Mudget wrote:
If Halo games were out on PS2 or something like that, no-one in their right mind would buy Xbox's anymore.

That's a sane thing to say to be honest. :)

The only reason i'd buy the 360 is if I loved Halo beyond belief or I really felt like playing Xbox live all day.

I have a Wii, im happy with it, I don't play it much anymore but i'm more happy with it than I would be with a PS3 or 360.

The PS3 is so overpriced and overrated it makes me cringe at the sight or sound of it. Apparently the common version released in the UK, is more money (when you change £ to $) than the one in the US, and does less for the consumer. I can't remember what exactly, but I overheard my friends talking about it on the way home.

PS3 isn't worth it basically.

Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:02 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Anyway, I'm a Sony fanboy. End of.

But seriously, I find this hard to believe...

Inferno wrote:
That shop was the one I got mine from. In the 15 minutes I was in there, the shop sold 3 PS3s.

3 PS3s... In 15 minutes... Looks like someone's telling porkies. Firstly... How did 3 people get theirs in less than fifteen minutes and how could it take fifteen minutes to get yours?

Secondly, who has that kind of money to waste?

Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:35 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Secondly, me.

Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:53 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Wii is the best. It is clearly better than Ps3 and just edges 360. All they need to do s realease more rpgs. I can't wait for super smash bros brawl and super mario galaxy.

Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:07 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

The Wii is definitely the most interactive, and the Mii feature is tons of fun!

Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:57 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I waited 16 hours in line the day before the Wii came out, and bought mine at midnight. I think out of all the next gen counsels, the Wii has the most revolutionary advances, meaning the motion sensitive control. It kicks a lot of butt and for the moment, still has a free web browser, you realize that I could be posting this with my wii. I still wish to get a 360 because of the games out for it such as Dead Rising, and the games still to come, like Fable 2 and Halo 3.

As for the PS3, I really couldn't care less. It looks nice, but in my opinion it is not worth the price they ask for it, especially since so many of them melted after their launch. Im pretty sure that I could use that $600 dollars to melt something a whole lot larger than a PS3.

Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:34 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Online. Game Selection. The 120gb Memory Unit coming out soon..

Still I dont Mind the Wii. My friend has one and it is tonnes of fun to play.

I might get one In addition to my 360.

Haha i laugh cause the PS3 is the only thing being left out in the cold.

Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:03 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

for first person shooters , PC owns . dont care about the others for that ;p

wii is going to be a fav for retro gamers (such as myself) and new gamers

ps3 will be for hardcore gamers looking for the next step in gaming

xbox 360 , im sorry but to me it is a joke . they talk about having the leading online community
and having a lead in games sales, this is simply because ps3 isnt out long yet + you need to pay to go online with the xbox 360 its built into the ps3 so its built into the price , once you plug the ps3 in its online (via wifi i think) as for more and better games . this is bull, the ps3 hasnt had the time to get on its feet it has just recently been released in europe and doesnt have many platforms available yet . give it time to get on its feet and it will beat 360 on platforms available. as for better quality games . again imho this is bull due to the revolutionising cell proccessor making it faster and stronger than a standard SUPERCOMPUTER thats right.

so unless you know much about the next gen consols dont say that the 360 is alround better than the ps3 because statisticly speaking the only edge it has is that it has been out longer.

as for the best of the three i choose wii (only because i know for a fact my brother is getting the PS3 hehe)

Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:53 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

ps3 will be for lovely gamers looking for the next step in gaming

xbox 360 , im sorry but to me it is a joke . they talk about having the leading online community
and having a lead in games sales, this is simply because ps3 isnt out long yet + you need to pay to go online with the xbox 360 its built into the ps3 so its built into the price , once you plug the ps3 in its online (via wifi i think) as for more and better games . this is bull, the ps3 hasnt had the time to get on its feet it has just recently been released in europe and doesnt have many platforms available yet . give it time to get on its feet and it will beat 360 on platforms available. as for better quality games . again imho this is bull due to the revolutionising cell proccessor making it faster and stronger than a standard SUPERCOMPUTER thats right.

so unless you know much about the next gen consols dont say that the 360 is alround better than the ps3 because statisticly speaking the only edge it has is that it has been out longer.

as for the best of the three i choose wii (only because i know for a fact my brother is getting the PS3 hehe)

1. It's true. If you have a High end PC with lots of RAM then a PC is Really the best FPS "Console" out there.

2. Well lets look at the main points here:

Release Price: PS3: About $700
Xbox360: $499 (premium)

Winner: Xbox360

Best Game:
Xbox360: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion/ Gears of War 9.6/10
PS3: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion 9.5/10

Graphics:
http://www.gamespot.com/features/612508 ... ?type=tech
This is a credible site and It says that they're equals.

Bigger Hard Drive:
PS3: 60-80 GB
Xbox360: 20GB Coming soon: 120GB.

Winner: It's kind of hard to say. But I'll actually say The PS3 Wins this one.
20GB Fills up too Fast with movies and other Xbox Live MarketPlace Goodies. When Xbox360 Elite is released this will change.

And.. I'm too lazy to type any more.

Credits for Game Ratings goes to Gamespot

Final Verdict:

I am going to say that the Xbox wins Because:

120GB of memory is coming soon.
People say "people buy the Xbox360 purely for Halo" This is not completely true. I have friends that Want Halo but do not want an Xbox360. So in some cases it's quite the opposite. Also, The Xbox360 has tons of other games to drive it. Elder Scrolls, Fable, Gears of War and more. Also. Sony does not have very good customer service.

However when you really think about it The Xbox360 and PS3 Cost the Same amount.
Say you buy a Xbox360 (core not premium)

Its going to be another $200 for the 120GB Hard Drive.
We're up to $499
To get to your total of 4 controllers is another $100 ($599)

And if you want a wireless connection to Xbox Live then thats another $100
($699)

With all the Add ons to an Xbox360 It's actually close to the same price.

So Really, In the end Its all about preference. People here tend to Prefer the Wii. And i do not blame them. It's an awesome console.

But there will always be people who prefer Sony's consoles and That's ok too. The PS3 is also a great console. (just not as reasonably priced.)

And The Xbox360 is great too.

That's why it's so hard to compare the three.
You just play your games and don't care about other people and their preferences IMO.

Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:04 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

PS3 is obviously the best. The Wii is just an expensive toilet. Who thought of the name???? I mean! CMON! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!?! :twisted:

Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:30 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Yeah. PS3 and the 360 are about the same price. And then you think about networking: (sorry it's in pounds, it gives the same idea)

360: Around £50 a year (is that right?)
PS3: Free, with downloadable games costing between 99p and £9.99)

It just shows that if you are an online gamer, and spend a lot of your time playing games against people you've never met, then the PS3 is infinetly cheaper.

Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:53 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Shakri wrote:

ps3 will be for lovely gamers looking for the next step in gaming

1. It's true. If you have a High end PC with lots of RAM then a PC is Really the best FPS "Console" out there.

2. Well lets look at the main points here:

Best Game:

Graphics:
http://www.gamespot.com/features/612508 ... ?type=tech
This is a credible site and It says that they're equals.

Bigger Hard Drive:
PS3: 60-80 GB
Xbox360: 20GB Coming soon: 120GB.

Winner: It's kind of hard to say. But I'll actually say The PS3 Wins this one.
20GB Fills up too Fast with movies and other Xbox Live MarketPlace Goodies. When Xbox360 Elite is released this will change.

And.. I'm too lazy to type any more.

Credits for Game Ratings goes to Gamespot

Final Verdict:

People say "people buy the Xbox360 purely for Halo" This is not completely true. I have friends that Want Halo but do not want an Xbox360. So in some cases it's quite the opposite. Also, The Xbox360 has tons of other games to drive it. Elder Scrolls, Fable, Gears of War and more. Also. Sony does not have very good customer service.

However when you really think about it The Xbox360 and PS3 Cost the Same amount.
Say you buy a Xbox360 (core not premium)

Its going to be another $200 for the 120GB Hard Drive.
We're up to $499
To get to your total of 4 controllers is another $100 ($599)

And if you want a wireless connection to Xbox Live then thats another $100
($699)

With all the Add ons to an Xbox360 It's actually close to the same price.

So Really, In the end Its all about preference. People here tend to Prefer the Wii. And i do not blame them. It's an awesome console.

But there will always be people who prefer Sony's consoles and That's ok too. The PS3 is also a great console. (just not as reasonably priced.)

And The Xbox360 is great too.

That's why it's so hard to compare the three.
You just play your games and don't care about other people and their preferences IMO.

Right i see the points u got and nice to see ur not just looking going in closed minded ( unlike me :D lol )

in order to get HDTV ready on XBox you must buy a special cable which is around £120 (i think thats about $208-$215 depending on the exchange rate)
in order to play online you must pay an additional fee to :-
get online.
play online games.
thus boosting the price to the same as the ps3
the one thing that i will give xBox credit for is that its good if you dont want hdtv ready or the internet, with the ps2 you dont have a choice , uv got it if you can /want to use it or not.

Best Game:

Not only does this fit the xBox being out longer thing (because ps3 hasn't had time bring out MGS4 ;P hehe or other top games it has lined up )
but these ratings are differant where ever u look, wether it be gamespot or some magazine, they are just a matter of someones oppinion.

again look how long it took to get the 120unit out . give the ps3 time and they will have one too :)

is gears of war anygood , i see the trailers and wonder if i should nab my cousins xbox and play it hehe .

"IMO"

this is where i need to shut up cos im gonna be a pure hypocrite now.

THIS IS EXACTLY RIGHT THE XBOX AND PS3 ARE SO CLOSE (SPEC.WISE) THAT IT ALL COMES DOWN TO OPPINION (can you guess my oppinion ;p)

but im still buying the wii first ;p (im so cheap i havent even got the money for the wii yet , let alone the ps3 lol )

last note (to your mum (god that sounds bad)) The name Wii Came from the fact that Nintendo didnt want to use the (what they thought was a) mouthfull of a word "Revolutions" as a game console because there main target is still children . Wii sounds like We , as in some sort of comunity, and the ii looks like two people standing together (perhaps playing a game ) so imho Wii is a clever name for a games console . :) .

Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:13 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

The only next gen console I currently own is the Wii and it is awesome. The gameplay is very original and addictive yet it can be easy to pick up and play especially in the case of wii sports (my grandma even understood this game and she cant even use a mouse!) or more complex for games aimed at gamers yet still equaly addictive. There are also some awesome features such as internet, news, weather and my favorite the wii shop channel where you can but your favorite retro games. Lets also not forget the price. Would you rather buy a Wii and get 7 games plus the one bundled or 1 PS3? In my opinion the best thing about the Wii is its adaptability. The number of ways the Wii remote (or Wiimote as I like to call it) can be used is endless. I'm not saying that the PS3 and Xbox 360 aren't good consoles as well but I really only see a superpowered PS2/Xbox. Thats not a bad thing of course because those were great consoles but nintendo has pulled of a great, new, and innovative console. I definitely see the future of gaming going more in the direction of the Wii.

Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:26 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

TheCyberMew wrote:
The Revolution with SSB Online, the XBox 360 which I'm guessing is going to have an enormous hard drive, and the PS3 which will probably have the overall best selection of games.... I guess I'll just wait and see until they come out and then decide which one to get.

X360:
+Good online service
-It's Microsoft
-Also ugly
-Game selection is crap

The 360 will have halo 3 coming out along with halo wars

Hehehe, my dad said if i got my social studies mark up(C+, I rock at that stuff cuz its a form of history, but i didn't do a project), and i was origonally going to get a 360, but after seeing pknm battle revelution pics, and playing wii sports, i'm getting a wii. yay.

When i have the powers of a mod.... I'M GOING TO DESTROY EVERY STUPID THREAD AND PUT IT IN THAT LAIR THING AND BAN THE CREATORS OF THAT THREAD! ITS BRILIANT BRILIANT BRILIANT!!!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHA*hack*HAHAHAAAAA!!...........Did i over do it?

Last edited by pokemc33 on Tue May 29, 2007 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 01, 2007 5:10 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

i agree, halo 3 does look like a pretty sweet game, and the game selection is actually okay, if you like shooter games like i do :D

Wed May 16, 2007 5:59 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm gonna keep this shprt, sweet, and to the point.

1) I'm typing this on my Wii, which should tell you my favorite. Its cheap, innovative, and fun.

2) Xbox 360. Not really expensive, just looks like it because people keep comparing it to the Wii's price. I even plan on getting one... eventually. Great library, especially when you add in old Xbox games. Also has best online play right now.

-1,000,000,000,000) I HATE SONY. They're theiving ********. They attempted to steal the Wii's controller. They stole Microsoft's idea on selling the system in two different sizes. And they have yet to make any of there own games. Every one of their games are THIRD-PARTY PRODUCTIONS!!! I could on about more of their problems, but I'll stop their... for now.

BYE Smile

EDIT: I just read Cybermew's post saying "the PS3 will have the best game selection." This makes me laugh.

Mon May 21, 2007 10:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 386 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next