It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Megaman 9 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Surely there are some people here who have already downloaded this game on Wii or 360. I figured someone would've made a thread about this already D:

I love how Capcom decided to go the old-school route with this game, but I've got a few (veeeeeeeeery small) gripes.

Choosing to model this latest installment after MM2 seemed like a "meh" idea to me. Yes, 2 was a fun game, but why do things like re-use some of 2's music and jingles? Why leave out the sliding mechanism? Since MM3 was my first Megaman game, I can deal with the lack of a chargeable mega buster, but still, why leave that out if it's the 9th game in the series, and the charge was implemented way back in MM4?

That being said, I still adore the game. Playing this thing made me feel like I had just got back from the store with a brand new NES game XD

Persistence ends resistence.

3DS FC: 5069-4148-2325 (please PM to exchange)
Poison Friend Safari: Seviper, Ariados, and Whirlipede.

Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:07 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I have, and it's not bad. It's really hard though; harder than MM2.

Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:31 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I downloaded the demo on my PS3 and I agree with Sneaky Sneasel it is a very hard game. I don't think that I am going to buy it though because I will probably get halfway through the game and never play it again.

Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:46 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ive downloaded the game and think its great, just waaaayyy to hard, and there is something else that annoys me
the extra stuff, why does it have to cost as well, just getting the game is 1000 wii points(where as mm1+2 are only 500 points each, and mm2 is by far superior), im not sure about xbox and ps3, but having to buy extra is evil, even though the protoman mode looks like fun.
great game, should be a little bit easyer, should have the slide, and should be cheaper

Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:41 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Heh speaking of which I already made this topic (way down at the bottom) way back in July when the trailer was released. I did find it hard at first but I have beaten it with Mega Man 3 times and once with Protoman.

Quote:
but having to buy extra is evil

Quote:
the extra stuff, why does it have to cost as well

No one was telling you to buy any of the Downloadable Content at all. It is there as an option can't stand the ignorance of people sometimes.

Quote:
the extra stuff

Quote:
the extra stuff

You just answered your own Question :roll:

Quote:
protoman mode looks like fun.

Yeah it is fun but Hard. Taking double damage from everything, and no shop makes it very difficult. Wily Stages 1 and 2 are a pain in the :censored: while 3 I found was easy(whenever I play as Mega Man it is the Complete opposite).

I have 61% of the game complete. Still haven't gotten Quick Draw G and other stuff that takes awhile to do.

Pokemon Pearl FC:2749 9225 9473

Up for a battle anytime! Just PM me.

Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:50 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Stop being rude. A condescending attitude can be just as bad if not worse than the ignorance you claim this person has displayed. Apparently, you need to look up the definition of ignorance while you're at it.

It's not a crime to voice concern over the price of content that could have very easily been included in the main game to begin with.

Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:53 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: I'm stuck somewhere... Not quite sure where that is though.
Grumpy man.....

I have only played the demo and I can honestly say I sucked at it. I have always had trouble with Megaman games and this one was no exception.

Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:53 pm
Profile YIM
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I like Mega Man 9 a lot. I'm currently on Wily Castle; the farthest I got last time was stage three.

Also, why complain about the difficulty? Real Mega Man games are supposed to be hard.

Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:55 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I think it's only a matter of time now before I beat it. I got to Wily's third form before finally biting the dust. In other news, Black Hole Bomb is the best weapon evah. It's too bad it isn't as energy efficient as the Hornet Chaser.

Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:08 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Quote:
Stop being rude.

Quote:
Grumpy man.....

So wait I am being rude and grumpy because I told another member to stop whining about Downloadable Content? The stuff on D/C is optional there isn't anything being said that you HAVE to download said item.

Quote:
It's not a crime to voice concern over the price of content that could have very easily been included in the main game to begin with.

And I don't find getting an extra character, 2 different difficulty's, and getting 2 stages a big part of the game as you claim Kurushel.

Well anyways besides that I found the new stage today to be easier than it was claimed to be. In fact I cleared it and Fake Man on my first try also I have almost finished Hero Mode.

Pokemon Pearl FC:2749 9225 9473

Up for a battle anytime! Just PM me.

Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:02 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Pokemaniac wrote:
And I don't find getting an extra character, 2 different difficulty's, and getting 2 stages a big part of the game as you claim Kurushel.

Point being? I was telling you to stop being condescending. Treat others as you would want to be treated. That's a fairly simple and reasonable rule to abide by.

Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:00 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Kurushel wrote:
In other news, Black Hole Bomb is the best weapon evah. It's too bad it isn't as energy efficient as the Hornet Chaser.

Indeed, the Black Hole Bomb is very useful. Saves me from a lot of enemies that would otherwise be a pain to get rid of. The Hornet Chaser is very versatile as well, and energy efficient like you said. I also find the Jewel Satellite to be a lifesaver in many spots.

Kurushel wrote:
Treat others as you would want to be treated. That's a fairly simple and reasonable rule to abide by.

:)

Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:48 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]