It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 Mario Kart Wii 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Mario Kart Wii is coming out soon and I was just wondering what everyone thinks about it. I myself don't think it'll surpass Mario Kart: Double Dash in terms of fun but it's still going to be pretty good, I'm also excited that the UK gets a game before America for once. And seriously... Before you start complaining about that... You got Brawl. Be happy. Smile.

Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:19 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Lets see - the Wii is 250 USD, and most games run 45 - 55 USD.

Not to mention the fact that there are no improvements over MKDS. There is no hookup between them, it has come out waaaay to late after MKDS, but too close to Brawl. Now, half the people will buy Brawl, and half of them will buy Mario Kart Wii.

You know what this is like? Windows Vista compared to XP. A disappointment, well below expectations after several years. In fact, most gaming magazines have it that MKDS is still one of (if not the best) racing games for this generation, surpassing MKWii

True and honest opinions.

Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:54 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

My only question: WHAT IN FLIPPING HELL IS BABY DAISY DOING IN THIS GAME???

Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:19 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Shouldn't she be in like...DiddyKong Kart DS or something like that (or in this case, DiddyKnongWii)?

Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:03 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

I read it on GI, it was going to me the best game for Wii!

Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:42 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Peanut-Lover wrote:
Lets see - the Wii is 250 USD, and most games run 45 - 55 USD.

Not to mention the fact that there are no improvements over MKDS. There is no hookup between them, it has come out waaaay to late after MKDS, but too close to Brawl. Now, half the people will buy Brawl, and half of them will buy Mario Kart Wii.

You know what this is like? Windows Vista compared to XP. A disappointment, well below expectations after several years. In fact, most gaming magazines have it that MKDS is still one of (if not the best) racing games for this generation, surpassing MKWii

True and honest opinions.

True... Because MKDS was a button mashing, frustrating monstrosity. And it's very interesting how you obviously haven't bothered to play the game or even read a review. Most websites and magazines that have reviewed it have praised it. To quote IGN 'It takes the gauntlet from MKDS and runs with it'

I got the game yesterday and I can easily say that it surpasses MKDS and MKDD. The gameplay is innovative but not really for casual gamers... I prefer the gameplay with the Wii Wheel myself even though it is slightly less responsive than the GC controller or the ordinary Wii controller, both of which work perfectly. It is in no way a disappointment... I'd be surprised if you can find a review which gives it less than an 8.0. Also... WTF would there need to be a hookup between MKDS and MKWii? There's no reason for there to be any connectivity. And as for it coming out too close to Brawl... People can make there own decisions about which game they want more. And that's mostly only for America anyway... But then again I forgot America is the centre of the universe.

Btw... It's not my fault the exchange rate sucks :P

Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:49 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I can't wait for this game to come out. I have preordered it about a month ago!

Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:24 pm
Profile YIM
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I myself am looking forward MKWii simply because I've enjoyed every Mario Kart game since the original Super Nintendo version. (Rainbow Road with no ledges ftw)

I also agree with 2x4b about MKDS; you could easily learn to button mash your way to victory in the game. (the people using this technique just couldn't handle the thought of being 'button mashers', so they labeled the technique 'snaking'. It obviously makes them superior...somehow.) In addition, the two-character-per-kart aspect in MKDD never really hooked me in that much; it always felt too gimmicky to me. That doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the game, however.

Sure, they may not include everyone's favorite retro tracks and yes, they added in some jaw dropping "WTF NO" characters (Baby Daisy? WRYYYYYY). But hey. ITS-A MARIOKART. WOOHOO!

Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:12 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

i dont expect this game to be amazing but im going to get it because i loved mario kart 64 and ds

Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:56 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm looking to get this, probably along with a second Wii Wheel. It looks extremely fun, and Mariokart has been a personal favorite of mine.

As for people complaining about characters, I think all the characters are awesome, I'm just a bit disappointed at the lack of ROB.

Zombowser and Funky Kong are cool enough for new guys, though.

Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:56 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Agreed, lack of ROB sucks worse than any crappy new character. :[

Well...Baby Daisy does suck pretty bad. And I think for some reason Rosalina is heavy, which sucks, too. So yeah, those two are screw ups are worse.

Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:31 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: I'm stuck somewhere... Not quite sure where that is though.
I can't wait to play Mario Kart Wii. I will play with Mewtwo the most I presume.

Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:33 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

gamer guy wrote:
I can't wait to play Mario Kart Wii. I will play with Mewtwo the most I presume.

... Are you retarded or something? Mewtwo is not in Mario Kart Wii :/

Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:40 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

gamer guy wrote:
I will play with Mewtwo the most I presume.

Perhaps you are thinking of Super Smash Bros. Melee, which came out in 2001. Or maybe you are referring to a game called Pokemon.

Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:51 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

i know have mario kart wii and ive unlocked funky kong if you guys have it try too unlock him :)

Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:28 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: I'm stuck somewhere... Not quite sure where that is though.
noez i iz nut a icktard thxbai

I wasn't stating Mewtwo as a character. I was referring to playing along mewtwo360 since he is the only person I know with a Wii and Mario Kart Wii.

Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:26 am
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Lol, Gamer Guy.

And yes, this game rocked. I unlocked everything and I'am trying to get 3 stars on all races now.

Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:04 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

This game is a good game. But I'm still trying to unlock everything :?

Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:39 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I think this game was really great, apart from the weird characters. However, when choosing Baby Daisy, she says something (as all characters do), and if you scroll through all of them, in one of them she says 'Baby Daisy!' and its so hilarious. Also, the new courses are really cool, Wario's Gold Mine ftw, and the online playing was fun too, aside from the random disconnect from the other players. :(

All in all, its a great game that DID surpass MK:DD and MKDS (which wasn't that awesome! omfg!1)

Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:54 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]