It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 What was your first Game System? 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

My first game system was N64. I got it when I was 5.

What about you?

http://obeliskgfx.wordpress.com

Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:06 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Doesn't really matter. It's not like I'm standing right behind you with a knife...
Same thing here. I got a N64, but when I was 4.

Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:34 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: In your kitchen, holding a knife. And it's not for the vegetables...
Well, since I'm his brother, same as Blazikendude. And Eon! I always thought you we're older :shock: least I'm not the youngest person on the forum! *sticks tongue out a Blazikendude*

Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:31 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Since I'm not 10 years old, my first system wasn't a fifth generation console. :roll:

My first console was a Sega Genesis. I got Sonic the Hedgehog 2 with it. Before I was born my mom and dad had a NES, but they gave it away to my aunt when I was about 3. I remember playing R.C. Pro AM on it, but nothing else...

Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:37 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

My first was a good ol GBA. Twas light purple.

Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:56 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Oh, and I'm 14, to anyone who's wondering.

http://obeliskgfx.wordpress.com

Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:36 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

My first game system was the Super Ness. Yeah, I'm old school. I think I got it when I was 4-5. My memory is a bit fuzzy, so I can't remember exactly. And I too am 14.

Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:11 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Doesn't really matter. It's not like I'm standing right behind you with a knife...
Since I'm not 10 years old, my first system wasn't a fifth generation console. :roll:

My first console was a Sega Genesis. I got Sonic the Hedgehog 2 with it. Before I was born my mom and dad had a NES, but they gave it away to my aunt when I was about 3. I remember playing R.C. Pro AM on it, but nothing else...
Well guess what, I'm not 10 either; I'm 11! :P
Speaking of the SNES, my now-16 year old brother had a SNES ever since I was born. But we also gave it away to our aunt...

Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:33 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Quote:
Not everyone got the console at launch date. Also, I find people who aren't teens mis-treated. Who cares that I still have 1 and 6/8 years of school until I'm a teenager? I find this epecially annoying when special rank (admin, mod, etc) find out this because it seems like they laugh at our faces for joinning when we're not a teen.
I always loved playing Super Mario64 and The legend of zelda: ocarina of time. I also liked to kick Blazikendude's butt on Super Smash Bros.

Very very true. Anyways I has a NES but that was way before I was born. I got a PS1 when I was 3 lol. The first game I had was Crash Bandicoot 2:Wrath of Cortex.

I was never a fan of sony, but when my brother got a PS2, I kinda wanted to try it out, but I didn't have any games that I was interested in. Later, my freind invited me over to his house and we enjoyed playing space battles on Star wars Battle front 2. After that, I went strait to the nearest game reatrailer and picked up a copy of Star wars battle front 2 and Jak and daxter: the precursor lagase (biy one, get another free deal whoot whoot!). I enjoyed them both for a while and dicided I wanted to play the original. Later, I bought a copy of Star wars battle front and boy, did I ever have fun!

Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:34 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

My first was a N64. Let me think, I had had the N64 for about two years until I discovered a Gamecube of my neighbor's when the electrician decided to drill through the main wire of my house, and that was in 2003. So that would make me six or seven when I got the N64.

It started my obsession with video games. Ah, the good old days of Mario Party that didn't become redundant and Yoshi's Story...

Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:54 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

It started my obsession with video games. Ah, the good old days of Mario Party that didn't become redundant and Yoshi's Story...

Ah, yes. Those two games were classic. I never owned Mario party, but I remember renting it one time. The memeories... today, I own every installment exept 1 and 3, but I've played all of them. Yoshi's story, that was one of my favorite N64 games. Just 1 or 2 years ago I bought it. I'm still afaraid of getting eaten by the big cheep cheep and parahna plants, though :roll: .

Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:12 pm
The Geek
The Geek

I started off with a Genesis, and I must have been 4 or 5; can't remember exactly. Of course, I started playing on my uncle's NES; Super Mario Bros & Duck Hunt.

My first games for the Genesis were Sonic Spinball and Lion King. I remember waking up at 5am to play Cool Spot. I can recall screaming at the TV when, in NFL '95, my players would start to show off 5 yards outside the endzone and get tackled on the 2 yard line because of it.

I can remember playing Sonic 2 and thinking "this music is awesome" and then getting absolutely and utterly blown away by Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

I've bought so many of my Genesis games again on modern consoles; the Sonic Mega Collection on my GCN and Toejam and Earl on the Wii, for example. Still, nothing beats actually going and blowing out the slot on the console, grabbing an old black jelly bean (3-button, mind you. Never liked the 6-button), and just playing one of the greatest consoles ever made.

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:12 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

An onringal nintendo. Yes its old but awesome.

Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:53 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, the first game system that my family owned and I was allowed to play was the old NES. We had a lot of games for it, but most of my "playing" involved watching my brother and dad beat Super Mario Bros. 3 with 99 lives each. I did get to play sometimes, not that I was near as good as either of them. My brother was 5, I think, so I'd have been two.

The first system that was mine was my Gameboy Pocket. I'm pretty sure I was in grade two when I got it. I got the red one with Pokemon Red.

Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:16 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:29 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I had a NES but that was way before I was born. I got a PS1 when I was 3 lol. The first game I had was Crash Bandicoot 2:Wrath of Cortex.

Pokemon Pearl FC:2749 9225 9473

Up for a battle anytime! Just PM me.

Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:44 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

my games were so crap, sonic (was ok if your bored), international soccer star (crap and easy), triolympics (animal olympics - 0_o)

it was stored at my nans as i had no room, i used to love going to my nans after that haha

Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:15 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: On the left side of the street... Take THAT Society!
I started off with a Genesis, and I must have been 4 or 5; can't remember exactly. Of course, I started playing on my uncle's NES; Super Mario Bros & Duck Hunt.

My first games for the Genesis were Sonic Spinball and Lion King. I remember waking up at 5am to play Cool Spot. I can recall screaming at the TV when, in NFL '95, my players would start to show off 5 yards outside the endzone and get tackled on the 2 yard line because of it.

I can remember playing Sonic 2 and thinking "this music is awesome" and then getting absolutely and utterly blown away by Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

I've bought so many of my Genesis games again on modern consoles; the Sonic Mega Collection on my GCN and Toejam and Earl on the Wii, for example. Still, nothing beats actually going and blowing out the slot on the console, grabbing an old black jelly bean (3-button, mind you. Never liked the 6-button), and just playing one of the greatest consoles ever made.

I was a BEAST at both lion king and NFL '95...
Sonic I wasn't so good at... still not that great :roll:

http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=bulkywaters <- Go

Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:19 pm
Profile WWW
Fails at life
Fails at life

Mine was inherited from my mom. I started playing Mario Bros when I was 2.....NINTENDO 4EVER!!!!

Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:24 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

My first game system was a GBC, along with Red, and I got it when I was about eight. Apart from that, I only had my computer and Solitaire.

Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:33 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

The NES wasn't the first system I played, but it was the first one I "owned," but most of our systems were collectively owned by my brothers and I, since they were the "big gift." The first system I received personally as a gift was a Game Gear, but I bought my first system with my brother, which was a PlayStation. The first system I ever bought with my own money was an NES when I was in 9th grade, but shortly after, I bought my first non-used system, the Xbox.

Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:24 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

The first system I owned was an SNES with Super Mario World. I was 3 when I got it.My favorite game for the SNES, though, was The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. I practically begged my neighbor to give it to me after I got my SNES.

Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:08 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

PC, I still remember the first game I played (Starcraft) and I still play it over BattleNet. My second game was Fallout and it made me a fanboy of the Fallout franchise for life.

Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:56 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:50 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

My very first game system would be the regular Game Boy. Game Boy colors weren't even out yet. My dad gave it to me when I was 3. :)

I got a Game Boy Color shortly after though.

Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next