Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy 26%  26%  [ 5 ]
Jak II Renegade 26%  26%  [ 5 ]
Jak 3 42%  42%  [ 8 ]
Jak X 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 19

Jak & Daxter Series 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

<center>What do you think of the famous Jak and Daxter series?
Image</center>
I think the first game is the best by far, it has no guns or robots but is still the greatest one of the series.

<center>-Storyline-</center>

<center>Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy</center>
Great game overall, lots of puzzles, pickups and places.
Jak and his friend Daxter are travelling on a boat to Misty Island. Daxter falls into some Dark Eco and turns into an orange furry Ottsel. When they return to the Green Sage, he tells them only Gol, the master of Dark Eco can change him back.
Kryten Rating: 10/10

<center>Jak II Renegade</center>
A lot different to the previous game, guns and vehicles are issued.
Jak, Daxter, Kiera and Samos go through a warp gate and see a fearsome creature. Jak splits up from Kiera and Samos and ends up with Daxter on the floor where Krimzon guards await him. Baron Praxis and Errol pump him with Dark Eco and he survives. He escapes the prison and meets a secret movement lead by Torn, an ex-Krimzon Guard and must fight his way to get to the Baron.
Kryten Rating: 8/10

<center>Daxter</center>
Different, but really addictive and fun.
Jak, locked up in a cell somewhere in Haven city, is being tortured. Daxter must fight his way past strange creatures with various guns to release Jak before it's too late.
Kryten Rating: 7/10

<center>Jak 3</center>
Great game, a mix between Jak and Daxter and Jak II..
Haven City has become a battlefield. Jak must complete tasks and fight off KG Bots and Metal Heads and uncover the truth behind the city to reveal secrets so horrific, even Samos couldn't explain them.
Kryten Rating: 9/10

<center>Jak X</center>
Rather disappointing really, but nonetheless, a decent racing game with weapons and a variety of vehicles.
At Krew's funeral a hologram of him appears, and tells everyone in the room that the wine they're drinking is poisoned, and they have to race to win the antidote.
Kryten Rating: 6/10

Game Critics Jak and Daxter Art
(Click numbers at bottom to view next picture)

~~Spoiler Alert~~
-->The Metal Head leader is actually Kor, the 'friendly' old man
-->The child that Jak meets is actually himself in a younger form
-->Jak is actually Mar, the legendary warrior
-->Jak is Damas' son, king of Spargus City
-->Daxter is a Precursor
-->Precursors are Ottsels

Last edited by Kryten on Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:53 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

The first was a classic. It was one of those games where you could easily get into it and such. The second was like a fusion of the first and grande theft auto. If thye didnt add the GTA parts it would have been boring and a piece of {muk}. For the third and fourth.... think of a piece of gun when you blow it up. Its kinda looks cool but it will eventualy snap and people will get gum in there hair. In the future if they make more hopefully it wont pop. The second is my favourite.

Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:37 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I personally like the 3rd best, but did enjoy playing them all.

Jak X was a bit of a disappointment to the series, however it was a good game in its self.

I also liked Daxter, because it filled in the misiing part between Jak and Daxter and Jak II.

Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:49 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I also liked Daxter, because it filled in the misiing part between Jak and Daxter and Jak II.

Umm.....no it didn't. It filled in the gap between two cutscenes at the beggining of Jak2.

Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:38 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I've played a bit of J&D 1, and it was good (Ratchet and Clank still owns it though), and I've seen the second one. Overall, my opinion doesn't count for much, but I liked the first one. The newest one (X) is awful, IMO. Why racing? Why? It's the same with all other platformers.

Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:10 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Umm.....no it didn't. It filled in the gap between two cutscenes at the beggining of Jak2.

Yeah, well, it joined the stories together.

The newest one (X) is awful, IMO. Why racing? Why? It's the same with all other platformers.

The thing you've got to remember about Jak X, is that it wasn't trying to be better than it's predecessor, like the rest of the series, but was trying to be a new game, different to the rest. I still think it was a good game compared to most combat deriving games on the market.

Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:22 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Jak! I've been looking all over for you!

That's what Daxter says to Jak when he reaches him in the cell. I always wondered how little Dax got around to get through a maximum security stockade to the Los Ange....No wait, A-Team. Anyway, it is a good game and a storyline filler too.

Inferno's right, Jak X wasn't meant to and didn't match up to the previous games, but was still pretty darn cool for a racing game. (Storyline sucks though)

It's confirmed that Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier(Jak 5) is to come out on the PS3 and have amazing graphics (Although it sounds like a remake of the first one)

Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:03 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

jak and daxter is a fun game it has a good story line to it

a lot of gameplay in it

Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:40 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Why is everyone so against Jak X anyway? Its not as if its a bad game. I would rather play on it than a lot of other games.

In fact, Jak X was the FIRST Jak and Daxter game I played, and because I played it, I got really into the series.

Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:17 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:07 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I have only played the third one, my friend beat the game and he was bored with it, so he let me crash the flying cars into trees :) It seemed pretty fun, but I wish I could have done more, those wings were pretty tight......

Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:35 am
blah blah blah

Beat Jak 2 in 3 weeks Jak 3 in a few months not even going to play Jak X and The first one played it and was boring.

Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:26 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Played Jak II: completed in 3 weeks
Played Jak and Daxter: completed in 2 days
Played Jak3: completed in 3 days

There not hard games, but they are some of the most fun around

Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:43 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

But it got so technological...
I miss the simple life of Jak 1.

Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:20 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

How much does anyone know about "Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier" for the PS3?

Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:37 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i hear that samos dies.ooh ialso heard that jaks girlfriend dies too. i dont know who the evil guy is though.those are the rumors for the jak game for the ps3.

Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:10 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: The funny farm, where life is beautiful all the time!!
i hear that samos dies.ooh ialso heard that jaks girlfriend dies too. i dont know who the evil guy is though.those are the rumors for the jak game for the ps3.

yeah, i heard that kiera (jak's gf) dies, but i dont no about samos. i also heard that jak goes back in time and meets gol and maia b4 they bcum the awesum dark eco ppl, but that might not b true

Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:23 pm
blah blah blah

But you still never beat jak 2.

Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:24 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I only really played Jak and Daxter: The Precursor's Legacy, so I can't tell what the rest are like. But from, what I tell, they seem decent.

What's more disappointing than ever, is that the Jak series is literally over. No PS3 addition. Nope. No new installment. Bugger.

Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:14 am
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Yes there is... It's called Jak and Daxter and the Lost Frontier! We've just said that. Oh, and it would be nice if you didn't curse. This is a forum for young people.

Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:47 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

What's more disappointing than ever, is that the Jak series is literally over. No PS3 addition. Nope. No new installment. Bugger.

Even though it's over on the consle side they are going to keep making Daxter games for psp( I'm guessing it will get popular and come to ds) and they are going to make racing games similar to Mario Kart, Crash Bandicoot,etc.

As for my thoughts on the Jak & Daxter series I would say the last on and the first ones are the best. Even though the art is like Ratchet & Clank and is simaliar in more ways than that, I personally thought the J&D series would fail like R&C...I guess I was wrong.

As for the Daxter game for psp has anyone played it? Alot of people are telling me it is awsome.

Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:06 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yes there is... It's called Jak and Daxter and the Lost Frontier! We've just said that. Oh, and it would be nice if you didn't curse. This is a forum for young people.

When contacted by the online publication IGN about the game, Sony replied stating "As of right now, there is no official announcement regarding the title". This statement can be taken both to mean that the title is in development and Sony wants to keep it under wraps, or that the title is just one of many SCEA is considering working on.

Not confirmed. And as ND did indeed say that Jak 3 was the last Jak game, it's not very likely it'll happen.

Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:04 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

1. Neo_Matrix, they have copyrighted the name, and it is rumoured that another Jak game may be coming out on PSP (Jak PSP is it's name).

2. Daxter is a great game, and fits the gap between Jak and Daxter and Jak II very well. It has the fun, and level structure of the first game, but the area and story line style from the later games. Although the game can be a bit glitchy, it is probably one of the best PSP games around.

3. I am hoping for a Ratchet and Clank meets Jak and Daxter game, which could be a racing game (although a normal platformer would be good). That would be good, unless they met in some corny "alternate reality" style. That is the oldest storyline EVER!

Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:22 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well I think I might get it, I just wish they would make a Ratchet and Clank game for psp.

Latios searches around the internet for this so called "Jak PSP" and any info on it.

Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:58 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

1. Neo_Matrix, they have copyrighted the name, and it is rumoured that another Jak game may be coming out on PSP (Jak PSP is it's name).

One company (which shall remain nameless) patented the whole "motion-sensing" thing, but did they ever make anything motion-sensing related? No. Instead, they kept it so that they could make a profit off any other company that wanted to use that idea. As a result, that company is getting a few cents/pennies off EACH Wii sold.

It's very much the same story with Jak. ND patented the name so that no other rival company could make a game of the same name without consulting ND first.

Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:40 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next