It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 666 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
 Nuzlocke Challenge 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Oh, my brother told me about Nuzlockes. I considered doing it, but I know I'd give in at some point and just resurrect my dead Ralts or something. So, not gonna do it. But I have a special sort of Nuzlocke in my Platinum game, though no its not a REAL Nuzlocke in all... See, I tend to breed pokemon with little reason in mind, and forget to hatch the eggs. Thus, I usually get a PC box full of random eggs, which I all forget what species they are.
I heard about Nuzlockes, and suddenly had the idea to take my starter and 5 random eggs and go through the game with only those 6 pokemon no matter what. I restart my game, catch starly and such to trade to get eggs. Trade 5 random eggs from Soulsilver. I get;
Chansey, Teddiursa, Togepi, Torchic, Baltoy, and of course, my starter Piplup.
Three Normal types! Out of a PC box mostly of Dark, Psychic, and Fighting type eggs! Then a Torchic. Good typage, but I'm not sure where it came from... at least I got a Psychic type, though it wasn't Ralts.
So I'm going throught the game with only these pokemon. I can't catch any other pokemon, and I can't give these ones items to hold, as another of my rules. So now I'm stuck at Crasher Wake because I have no Grass or Electric type, though I've taught my Blissey Shock wave and Solar Beam... Still dieing.
That's all. Long post, phew.

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Last edited by CuteKirlia on Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:42 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

So, I just started a Nuzlocke on my LeafGreen Version today and felt like sharing it with you guys. I just beat Brock and here is my team so far.

{charmander} - Conqueror Lv 10
{mankey} - Koko Lv 11
{weedle} - Barry Lv 4
{caterpie} - Yo-Yo Lv 5

DEAD
{rattata} - Nuzlocke

Anyway, I was able to beat Brock, just using Mankey because his Omix only used tackle on me , rather than Rock Tomb. SO, that's all I have to say about my new Nuzlocke challenge. I hope that I finish it and that maybe some other people start posting here again too.

Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:21 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I guess I'll try this in my Leafgreen.
Updates coming tomorow, or the next day.

Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:43 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I just beat Misty and here's my team
{charmeleon} Conqueror Lv 17
{spearow} Josh Lv 12
{magikarp} Patrick Lv 14
{geodude} Giovanni Lv 14
{bellsprout} Todd Lv 19
{abra} Houdini Lv 12

DEAD SINCE LAST UPDATE
{butterfree} Yo-Yo Lv 14
{mankey} Koko Lv 14
{weedle} Barry Lv 6

Yeah, I have both an abra and a magikarp on my team which both need immense amounts of training to become useful. Also, my fight with Misty did not come without a loss, both Koko and Yo-Yo died against Misty's Starmie while I was healing up Todd. Also, Barry died to a Critical hit from a caterpie almost immediately after my last post. Anyway, that's my run so far, hopefully I can do well for the rest of it and not lose too many more team members. Also, Good Luck on your run GhostPony, I hope to hear how you're doing with it soon.

Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:09 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

So I started a nuzlocke on my LeafGreen version.

At first I took Charmander, which I named Zephyr. And then I battled Gary's Squirtle. As soon as the battle start, his Squirtle do two critical hits and kill my Zephyr.
Well, good start, so I needed to start all over, took the same charmander and named it Zephyr, and pwned Squirtle.

Then I later received the pokeballs and captured a Pidgey on route 1, I named it Ace.
I then tried to capture a mankey but Ace did a critical hit and killed it. :/
And now I'm in Viridian Forest, and I captured a lvl 5 Weedle (yesh!!!), which I named Vesparum.

So far:
{charmander} Zephyr lvl.7 (Male)
{pidgey} Ace lvl 5 (Female)
{weedle} Vesparum lvl. 5 (Female)

Currently training my new friends on route 1, then I'll head to Viridian Forest.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:29 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Maybe I should try this at some point... I'll probably die... :(
Unless I get {arceus} by hacking... :twisted:

XD Yup...

Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:57 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I keep trying to Nuzlocke my Crystal but I usually forget that I'm actually doing a nuzlocke and screw it up.

Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:34 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Giving a shot at a Nuzlocke Challenge on my Black 2 game.
I've never beaten Black 2 and I last played the game... months ago. So I'm practically going in blind especially because the Walkthrough on this site isn't done either. I tried a Nuzlocke on my Soul Silver game but kinda gave up before I reached Eutecreak (forgive the spelling..) because my Ekans died because I wasn't paying attention and I revived it without thinking.

So, new shot! Will hopefully turn this into a comic on dA as well.

TEAM:

Dakin - Oshawatt, lv 5

Deaths: 0

Game Started: 21 September, 2013

Please let me survive this..

Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:10 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

It's really not bad but you just need to not take things for granted and play a little smarter and more conservative than before. Things that help:

-Budget wisely (remember since you're not catching every single Pokemon you ever meet, you don't need as many Poke Balls)
-Be a good damage guestimater (be aware of Pokemon's stats, what their generals strengths and weaknesses are, and plan so that your Pokemon has enough HP to take a critical hit)
-Either hit hard and hit fast or set up quickly and be sure your Pokemon have the defensive stats and type to effectively stall. You can't get aware with the middle of the road as often during a nuzlocke
-Be prepared for Pokemon to use non-STAB attacks. Using an Ice type Pokemon against a Drilbur? Great but be wary of Metal Claw. Stuff like that.
-Heal as often as possible and make more trips to the Pokemon Center

Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:05 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I started a Nuzlocke recently in my Ruby. I had to restart like twice though ):

Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:25 am
Profile YIM
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Started my first Nuzlocke on Fire Red. Had to restart once, but I think I'm doing okay now. I just beat Lt. Surge in Vermillion.

Current Team:
Bowser the Wartortle
Dumbo the Raticate
Stormy the Pidgeotto
Moggie the Primeape
Jimmy the Pikachu

Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:03 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

This looks like fun. I think I'll pick up a Nuzlocke tonight on either Leaf Green or Black 2.

Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:05 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I like the idea of Nuzlockes, but I can never seem to finish them. I've started one on each Fire Red and Heart Gold, but I never got around to finishing them. I do plan to, though, and I have been keeping notes, because I would one day like to do comics for them.

Fire Red:

{butterfree} - Rein
Lv. 45 - Route 2 South
My unofficial starter, she is very modest, but she mothers the group more than I do. She seems to respect Abel.

{graveler} - Jiode
Lv. 42 - Mt. Moon
He is very jolly, and very dependable, and seems to be able to get through to Dave.

{alakazam} - Abel
Lv. 46 - Route 24
As my powerhouse, he is bold. He and Rein get on very well.

{fearow} - Dave
Lv. 42 - Route 22
He is the loner of the group, even more so since Skye passed.

{seadra} - Quinn
Lv. 41 - Vermillion City
She's quite sassy, and doesn't like to be told what to do, and seems to dislike Abel.

{nidoking} - Oric
Lv. 39 - Safari Zone
He's the child of the group, and very hasty. Quinn seems to baby him more than Rein does, oddly enough.

Dead:

{charmeleon} - Blaise
Lv. 5 - 20; Pallet Town
Died on Route 25 when I became overconfident against a Hiker's Geodude.
He had several quirks that I loved about him.

{pidgeotto} - Skye
Lv. 7 - 20; Route 4
Died on Route 11 from a critical hit Quick Attack from a Youngster's Rattata.
She was very mild and laid back. She was the only one who Dave would be around, although Jiode now fills that position.

{gloom} - Hannah
Lv. 15 - 25; Route 6
Died in Rock Tunnel, after hurting itself in confusion it received from a Pokemaniac's Slowpoke's Confusion attack.
I had such hopes for her, and she was so gentle. She and Rein seemed to mother this group.

{growlithe} - Cain
Lv. 28 - 34; Route 7
Died on Route 19, when a Revenge from a Biker's Machamp landed that should not have.
He was very impish, and loved messing with Abel and Kryss.

{haunter} - Kryss
Lv. 17 - 34; Pokemon Tower
Died in the Fuchsia Gym, against a Juggler's Hypno, who I did not think knew Psychic.
She was so innocent and naive, yet it is my fault she is dead.

---

Heart Gold

{meganium} - Hannah
Lv. 56 - New Bark Town
Definitely the mother of the group, she has the same disposition as her namesake.

{gengar} - Athena
Lv. 55 - Sprout Tower
She is hardy, and respected Kim for her power. She killed the Espeon in vengeance.

{onix} - Rocky
Lv. 55 - Violet City, though I count him as the catch for Route 32
The only boy of the group, he sometimes feels overwhelmed. Although hasty, he can also be overprotective of the girls, however. Especially Fiona and Marie, after Kim was killed.

{magmar} - Hanabi
Lv. 54 - Burned Tower
She can be a right powerhouse, but she often stays together with Hannah. She seems to embody Zoey's carefulness, and I am much more careful now.

{pidgeot} - Fiona
Lv. 50 - Route 37
She is very, very timid, but she adores Rocky. His head is her favorite perch.

{poliwhirl} - Marie
Lv. 50 - Route 44
The newcomer to the group, she wasn't wholly embraced by Athena or Hanabi, who see her as trying to replace Kim. Even so, she bravely tries to fill the position. I am having trouble deciding what to evolve her into, however.

Dead:

{drowzee} - Zoey
Lv. 10 - 16; Route 34
She died in the Burned Tower, opposing a Magnemite. It should have been easy.
I didn't know her well, she kept to herself. She was very careful, but I wasn't, at least not enough.

{kingler} - Kim
Lv. 20 - 50; Cianwood City
She died in Ecruteak City's Dance Hall, from a critical hit Psychic from that Kimono Girl's Espeon.
For the longest time, I didn't think she'd make it. She was weak, as a Krabby, but very serious about the training. She will be dearly missed.

Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:50 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Are there any rules regarding pokemon like the Magikarp you can buy right before Mt Moon or places like the Game Corner?

Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:56 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Different55 wrote:
Are there any rules regarding pokemon like the Magikarp you can buy right before Mt Moon or places like the Game Corner?

I think that depends. I've read runs where gift pokemon are usable, and don't take the first encounter. As you don't actually 'encounter' and 'catch' this magikarp, it counts as a gift. Similarly, the starters, the various Togepi-eggs, in-game trades, and so on. I don't think breeding counts toward this, however.

So, do you accept Gift Pokemon, or not? As far as I've seen, it's your choice, you should just stay consistent. Starters not counting, of course. Good Luck!

Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:25 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

My Nuzlocke so far:
ImageLVL 22 IHERDULIEK
ImageLVL 21 C.Norris
ImageLVL 21 BASED GOD
ImageLVL 18 KITTEH
ImageLVL 19 LUFURIGNO

That's my team so far.I just got to Slateport and need to confront team magma there. I also lost a wurmple[mike hawk] a poochyena [beo wolf] and a wingull[flying rat].These unfortunate Pokémon died from criticals and poor judgment on my part ;(

Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:38 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 666 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27