It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Pokemon Satanic? 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I dont know if we are allowed to speak about this. But i was visiting some sites that were trying to link pokemon and satism. Saying that {pikachu} means worship satan. and saying pokemon practices sorcery. Saying people call on these creatures that they capture and force them to perform tasks they want. Me personally i don't think its satanic and hopes its not. what do you guys think.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:48 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Location: Captured in a cave in Afgha- OH GOD! DON'T KILL ME!- Nevermind! Don't tell anyone!
First of all, the word you are looking for is satanism. Second, no, I have very many doubts about the satanist aspect of pokemon. I don't think that pixels on a screen can do your satanist bidding. I expect they do not fulfill their human sacrifice quota. Unless playing pokemon counts as being sacrificed, but let's hope that is not the case.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:09 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Silver wrote:
I dont know if we are allowed to speak about this. But i was visiting some sites that were trying to link pokemon and satism. Saying that {pikachu} means worship satan. and saying pokemon practices sorcery. Saying people call on these creatures that they capture and force them to perform tasks they want. Me personally i don't think its satanic and hopes its not. what do you guys think.

Its not at all. Psycho-Christians (That doesn't mean Christians are psycho, it just means the Christians that ARE psycho) said, Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, and WoW were all satanic. None of them are even remotely satanic. The people who say these thing are obviously just ignorant and don't know two little things called culture and myhtology.

Pikachu does not mean worship satan, it means the sound of thunder pikapikapika and "chu" which is usually added to rodent names. It just means Thunder Rodent. Pokemon does NOT practice sorcery it practices evolution and science. Thats why the psycho-Christians hate it. It practice science of Pokeballs and the Science of Evolution (albeit, kind of fast-paced, incorrect evolution), and just because it has monsters in it does not make it satanic. The game LittleBigPlanet had monsters in it, and the was the least satanic game I've EVER played. So, in short, you don't have to worry, Pikachu is conpletely child friendly and if you ever hear somebody talk about something childish and call it satanic in a serious voice; ignore them.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:40 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

When I was in college I collected links to webpages that talked about Pokemon being satanic and thought it was pretty funny.

Sometimes it was genuinely hard to seperate the deadly serious christian webpages from the satire sites parodying the former.

One of my favourite quotes was something to the tune of "And if you children grow to worship pokemon, they are lead to believe these "Pocket Monsters" will emerge at night, lodge themselves in the throats of parents and kill them!"

Now that I think about it that was probably one of the parody pages.... at least I hope it was.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:53 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

If anything, those people should be criticizing things that ACCUALLY INVOLVE DEMONS.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:33 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Mektar wrote:
If anything, those people should be criticizing things that ACCUALLY INVOLVE DEMONS.

Don't encourage them, Mektar. People like this make me absolutely sick (not you, the psycho Christians). There's absolutely nothing Satanic about Pokemon. The closest thing to sacrilege in the games would be the fact that the newer games (D/P/Pt) include their own religion. They have a God figure and they even have a church you can visit in Hearthome City. That's still not bad by any means. Anyone who feels threatened by that does not have enough faith in their own beliefs or their religion is simply weak and must perish. P.S. In case you hadn't gathered, I'm a devout Atheist.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:41 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Emin Jofit wrote:
Mektar wrote:

Don't encourage them, Mektar. People like this make me absolutely sick (not you, the psycho Christians). There's absolutely nothing Satanic about Pokemon. The closest thing to sacrilege in the games would be the fact that the newer games (D/P/Pt) include their own religion. They have a God figure and they even have a church you can visit in Hearthome City. That's still not bad by any means. Anyone who feels threatened by that does not have enough faith in their own beliefs or their religion is simply weak and must perish. P.S. In case you hadn't gathered, I'm a devout Atheist.

Lol, I'm agnostic, but what you said made me laugh. "Their religion is simply weak and must perish." It sounds like something an evil villain would say, "Their religion is weak and must die! Muahahahahaha!" lol Just saying.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:23 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yeah i can't believe what people are saying nowadays. Pokemon Satanic i knew it couldnt be true.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:14 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Yeah, and so is Harry Potter, pop music, and birth control. Also, Lady Gaga is an Illuminati. Psycho Christians have vivid imaginations.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:23 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

*rolls eyes* I hate it when people take religion too far. That kind of behavior makes me sick.

Psycho Christians believe everything fantasy is bad, because "there is only one world, and that's God's Kingdom, and anyone who creates and/or enjoys make believe worlds is going straight to Hell" <_< They are also against being kind to animals, because "animals were created by God to be used by mankind". I know this because I read something about a bunch of Psycho Christians suing a school because of the books there. No matter how innocent the book was, they managed to find something in it that was a "sin". If we let these people have their way, I wouldnt be surprised if they started doing the same things those Muslim terrorists did.

I have a friend who refuses to read Harry Potter, but she's okay with Pokemon, Zelda, etc. I believe Harry Potter is harmless, but I dont argue with her about it because everybody's entitled to their own opinion. The Psycho Christians try to force their opinions on others though, and that's not right at all.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:38 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

There's this church down the road from me that always posts these absolutely retarded messages on their front sign. One of my foavorites is their Father's Day sign which reads "Real fathers take their kids to church." This infuriates me vastly. It's ignorant. The one now says, "The Bible is a declaration. Not a debate!" which says to me "We ignore your life questions and dissolve any outside opinion by smacking you with the 'good word.' Questioning, something the church is supposed to encourage, is the work of the devil. Take your opinions somewhere else." If I can take a good picture, I'll post it in this thread. P.S. I'm just using this as an example of how religion gets out of control. I know this doesn't relate to Pokemon.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:55 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I guess you could say I'm Lutheran...sorta...borderline agnostic...and I think most devout Christians are crazy for many reasons. I've heard this before too. I actually think we have a family that's like this in our neighborhood. They have lie...7 kids that are home schooled...

Charizard Rider wrote:
and anyone who creates and/or enjoys make believe worlds is going straight to Hell

...oops? Guess I'm gonna have a rough afterlife. :D

Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:05 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Dan Roswald wrote:

...oops? Guess I'm gonna have a rough afterlife. :D

According to the psycho Christians, yes. According to me and everyone else who posted in this topic, your afterlife will be fine :)

I forgot how their complaints were worded...but they were something to that effect.

Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]