It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 485 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 20  Next
 Personal Trainer's Thread [Gen 1 - Gen 6] 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

The Third Gym

Stone Gym

Scientist ? Roy

Battle Start: Let's see you break through my defense.

Win: A good defense, is the best offense, I believe.

Lose: A wall is only meant to be broken down, it seems.

{omanyte} | LV23 - Ability: Shell Armor
Rollout
Withdraw
Bite
Leer
Held Item = Expert Belt

{kabuto} | LV23 - Ability: Battle Armor
Sand-Attack
Mud Shot
Harden
Absorb
Held Item = Expert Belt

{shieldon} | LV23 - Ability: Sturdy
Iron Defense
Take Down
Protect
Taunt
Held Item = Expert Belt

Aftermath: 207

Created unique Trainers? Gym Leaders? Elite 4 members or Champions? Show them off here!

Last edited by Kaori Sakura on Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:09 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Woah , Kaori ,

{aerodactyl} w/ Stone Edge ?

Thats gonna be VERY dangerous for those with Fire Starters . It easily outspeeds even a fully evolved fire starter , with a Base Speed of 130 .

Outspeeding even the fastest Fire starter , {infernape} . Having a base speed of 108 .

Are all outsped , thats gonna pose a big threat if it hits .. to take him down you either need a decent Water type , or a Water Starter , and it has Thunder & Ice Fang for the other 2 .. a little too tough don't you think ? ..

It basically is too fast , and can easily knock out any of its main threats . Like a {blastoise} , mainly Grass types don't really hit hard on him .. to take him
down , you'll need either something that can resist all 3 of his attacks and yet can pull of a powerful Thunderbolt , or a Surf .

{blastoise} & {feraligatr} has the highest base defense of 100 . And no Grass / Water type starters can outspeed an Aerodactyl either .

Aerodactyl's base attack is 105 , higher then both the defenses . And although it has a lower defense , speed + power is enough to wipe out if it can pull off the right move fast enough ...

The only starter I can personally think of that can counter him would be {swampert} because of its Ground-type half which resists electric attacks . Even Empoleon has the 2x affect going on ..

So unless a {mudkip} would be a starter in your "game" I honestly think an Aerodactyl for a 3rd Gym would be too tough ..

Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:58 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

This is the third Gym. (Mayhaps I'll change that in the title of the Gym to start notifying which Gym it is) So, if you're still relying on starters by this point, you don't deserve the badge in the first place. As I said before, the Gym is there to be a challenge and Gym leaders are meant to kick butt, in particular, yours. Aerodactyl doesn't pose too much of a problem. At least not to me, as I dislike sweepers and prefer actual strategy. (Sweeping is a strategy, but it's one six year old kids pull off without much thought so I don't consider it relying on any real thought)

zPIRATED wrote:
{aerodactyl} w/ Stone Edge ?

Thats gonna be VERY dangerous for those with Fire Starters .

And any Poke'Mon with an
Ice attack would one hit Aerodactyl with the biggest of ease. I'd have to say that by this point, you should have enough different Poke'Mon that a lone Aerodactyl shouldn't be your downfall. If it is, that just means you need to re-think your strategy and perhaps train different Poke'Mon.

Obviously, if you chose a
Fire starter and rely heavily on it, a Rock Gym is going to be a problem, if not kick your butt every time unless you over train. Perhaps if you took on this Gym, you would think Aerodactyl is to you, what Roark's Cranidos is to Ash. Or rather, was.

Perhaps if you're so worried about it sweeping your whole team, maybe toss in a bulky Poke'Mon to start and use
Trick Room ?

Created unique Trainers? Gym Leaders? Elite 4 members or Champions? Show them off here!

Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:43 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Yeah , I know that relying on your starter would be dumb . But .. really .. your "game" has a ice-type in the early-game ?

DAM THATS AWESOME ! And not to mention that Trick Room available in wayy early game .. awesomeness :D

Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:30 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Gym Leader #2: Flurry Gym
Theme: Ice attacks and Ice Type
Gym Trainer 1: Skier Tommy
Start: My Pokemon will freeze you!
Win: My victory has you frozen solid!
Lose: You froze me with your Pokemon's terrible beauty...
Pokemon
{snorunt} Lv. 14 @Oran Berry
Powder Snow
Leer
Double Team
Bite
{seel} Lv. 14
Headbutt
Growl
Aftermath: 99 Poke

Gym Trainer #2: Ace Trainer Cathy
Start: I'm so cold in here! You look cold too.
Win: Are you sniffling because of the cold, or are you sniffling because you lost?
Lose: You look cold, but I bet you feel warm and toasty inside...
Pokemon Team
{seel} Lv. 12
Headbutt
Growl
{snorunt} Lv. 13
Powder Snow
Leer
double Team
Bite
{shellder} Lv. 16
Tackle
Withdraw
Icicle Spear
Supersonic
{snorunt} Lv. 13
Powder Snow
Double Team
Bite
Hail (TM)
Aftermath: 101 Poke

Gym Trainer 3: Gamer Stefan
Start: My cute Pokemon will give you the chills!
Win: This is why you should bring a jacket.
Lose: And this is why an old man like me should never brag...
Pokemon
{smoochum} Lv. 13
Pound
Lick
Sweet Kiss
Powder Snow
{smoochum} Lv. 13
Pound
Sweet Kiss
Powder Snow
Hail (TM)
{smoochum} Lv. 15
Pound
Sweet Kiss
Powder Snow
Hail (TM)
Aftermath: 400 Poke

Gym Leader: Icitus
Bio: Icitus was born in the Sinnoh region, where he befriended an Eevee. He traveled to Snowpoint City and fell in love with Ice types, as his Eevee evolved into Glaceon. From there, he was invited by the Whitedark Region Elite Four to become a Gym Leader there. He accepted and came to the Whitedark Region with his Pokemon.

Intro: My name is Icitus, the Ice Pokemon Gym Leader. My beautiful Ice Pokemon will turn this battlefield into a solid piece of ice!
Start: Now, prepare yourself for a battle you'll never forget!
Win: Ice Pokemon are not easy to win against. I advise you to train yourself more, and come back another time.
Lose: This is why the Pokemon Professor told me what a magnificent trainer you are, even though you have much to learn. Here is the badge, the Icefern Badge!
Pokemon Team
{sneasel} Lv. 15
Quick Attack
Screech
Taunt
Hail (TM)
{smoochum} Lv. 17
Pound
Sweet Kiss
Powder Snow
Hail (TM)
{glaceon} Lv. 19 @Sitrus Berry
Tackle
Sand-Attack
Icy Wind
Hail (TM)
Aftermath: 1900 Poke, TM-Hail

Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:00 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

zPIRATED wrote:
Yeah , I know that relying on your starter would be dumb . But .. really .. your "game" has a ice-type in the early-game ?

DAM THATS AWESOME ! And not to mention that Trick Room available in wayy early game .. awesomeness :D

Not necessarily an Ice type (Though yes, my "game" would, which I'll explain later), I was referring to Ice type attacks, which many Poke'Mon do learn. Such as many Water types learn Aurora Beam fairly early in their progression.

Also, for the world in which these Gyms are located in the Fudou region (name currently in the works, so subject to change) and for this region, you start on an island. This island has an inactive volcano and the Gym there is owned by Loralie. There are both
Water and Fire type Poke'Mon readily available on the island. Once you finally acquire your first badge, you then are allowed to purchase a pass to take a ship out to one of the three port cities in Fudou.

The game itself has a more free roam feel and story-line rather than a linear story-line like the traditional Poke'Mon games. The shops sell more than just healing items and Poke'Balls. They also sell single use TM's (unlike the ones you find or are rewarded with) and hold items for your Poke'Mon. This is to give a bit more realism to the world of Poke'Mon, as in the manga you quickly find that evolution stones (while incredibly expensive) are sold in regular stores, as are TM's and all sorts of useful items for your Poke'Mon. Which in itself, makes sense. Items that are so obviously useful would be shipped out to various Poke'Marts (albeit with their own unique selection) and thus be readily available to all who could pay for them, rather than the whole world having to either go to the biggest city in the region, or become the champion of the region and get invited to a special place where they could win them.

All in all, the Gyms are meant to be difficult. Any Poke'Mon that can be acquired by the common man (and woman), can and will be used by Gym leaders. As the Gyms get harder, you'll need to up your strategy or power (this being level for those who simply can't come up with anything better than I hit you and you die).

Edit: I appreciate the discussions we have. ^-^ It helps me organize my posts a bit better, perhaps help those hovering the topic to better understand my overly difficult Gyms (sarcasm however. <.< I still don't find them personally overly difficult, but definitely more difficult than the original Gyms), even motivated me to create a map (albeit probably a horrible looking one, comparable to a child's drawing, even though it'll be computer drawn) and it's just plain fun chatting with you here. I thought I should let you know that I have been enjoying this. ^-^

Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:33 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

torchie13125 wrote:
Gym Leader: Icitus
Bio: Icitus was born in the Sinnoh region, where he befriended an Eevee. He traveled to Snowpoint City and fell in love with Ice types, as his Eevee evolved into Glaceon. From there, he was invited by the Whitedark Region Elite Four to become a Gym Leader there. He accepted and came to the Whitedark Region with his Pokemon.

Intro: My name is Icitus, the Ice Pokemon Gym Leader. My beautiful Ice Pokemon will turn this battlefield into a solid piece of ice!
Start: Now, prepare yourself for a battle you'll never forget!
Win: Ice Pokemon are not easy to win against. I advise you to train yourself more, and come back another time.
Lose: This is why the Pokemon Professor told me what a magnificent trainer you are, even though you have much to learn. Here is the badge, the Icefern Badge!
Pokemon Team
{sneasel} Lv. 15
Quick Attack
Screech
Taunt
Hail (TM)
{smoochum} Lv. 17
Pound
Sweet Kiss
Powder Snow
Hail (TM)
{glaceon} Lv. 19 @Sitrus Berry
Tackle
Sand-Attack
Icy Wind
Hail (TM)
Aftermath: 1900 Poke, TM-Hail

I'm curious, why did you choose for Icitus to have a {smoochum} instead of a {jynx} ?

Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:14 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

An easy question to answer. But, you're giving me a good question to answer at the same time.
{smoochum} doesn't evolve into {jynx} until Lv. 30. I was just keeping the Levels down.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:17 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

torchie13125 wrote:
An easy question to answer. But, you're giving me a good question to answer at the same time.
{smoochum} doesn't evolve into {jynx} until Lv. 30. I was just keeping the Levels down.

But... {smoochum} is the baby form of {jynx} . Like how {budew} is the baby form of {roselia} and {pichu} is the baby form of {pikachu} . You don't need to have/use the previous form to get the base stage of the Poke'Mon in this case. You can have a {mr. mime} without needing the {mime jr.} . That's why I was curious, considering he's the Gym leader but is still using the baby form of a much stronger Poke'Mon. Though, I guess I've seen weirder things.

Like when Sabrina pulled out an {abra} on Ash. I mean, that's just insulting.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:43 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Special Trainer

Profile :

Birth Name : Kotetsu [ Meaning Iron / Steel in Japan ]

Birth Date : 17 October 1993

Birth Place : Hoenn

First Pokemon : {aron} [ Aron ]

Biography :

As a child , Kotetsu was an orphan , abandoned by his parents . He was alone , through the burning rays of the merciless Sun , or the heavy downpours of the angry rain clouds . When he was sitting lonely , quietly , in the alley , an injured Aaron came along . It seemed somewhat , limping . As though abandoned by its trainer . Kotetsu took pity on it and kept him , Aron has since been Kotetsu's only childhood friend...

After about a year , he found a village , a busy one . He was hungry , but had no money . An old man selling fruits took pity on both him and the little Aaron and gave him some food . Mysteriously , Kotetsu had a special ability . He was able to communicate with Pokemon . When word of that got spread out , people see him as a dangerous weapon , while evil organizations see him as a valuable weapon . He was attacked , beaten and was never to step into that village ever again . And yet again , he was out in the wild brutal world . He was refered to as , "Akuma".

*Akuma is the meaning of Devil in Japanese .

And before you know it , he was given the nickname of , "Kotetsu Akuma" , which ironically means "Iron Devil" . There was not a bit or glimpse of a childhood other then the time he met Aron did he ever wanted to remember . There was a time , when he grew so sick , and he knew , was unable to continue feeding the Aron , he released it . But the friendship they made was so great , Aaron refused to move . And with a thud , he dropped down , unconcious , after 2 days . When he woke up , he found himself in the lab of Professor Birch's lab .

Professor Birch was one of the only "good" guys who appreciated Kotetsu's weird ability . When Kotetsu grew 14 , Birch awarded him a Pokedex and left for a Journey . He was without a doubt , one of the strongest trainers Hoenn has ever seen . Breezing through Gyms and trainers was as easy as stealing candy from a baby to him . Along the way , he helped several injured and abandoned Pokemon , earning himself more friends .

Through his childhood , he has devoloped the thought of him being a Devil , but now , not a Devil of what he was , but a Devil , of POWER .

He was reported missing when he was sent by Professor Birch to gather some information about the mysterious activities at the top of Mt . Gamel .
Which , without knowing , was the resting place of legendary Pokemon , Darkrai .

*Darkrai is the legendary Ghost-type Pokemon . He has the power to hypnotise trainers and turn them to stone when willed . {darkrai}

Game Details :

After scaling Mt . Gamel , you will find a trainer turned to stone , wearing a worn out and tattered hood . If you talk to him , he will say nothing but "..."
Go further up and you will find a grey sprite of Darkrai . Its sleeping . Use the Flash Orb you got and it will awaken it .

After defeating / catching that Darkrai , go back to the statue of a trainer and click on it again. It will say things like the stone is slowly cracking away and stuff. When the trainer is turned back to normal , it will be the one no other then Kotetsu . Prepare for battle , make sure you full-restored everyone from the battle with Darkrai , cos his not going to be easy .

Pkmn Trainer Kotetsu ;

Start : "Do you have the courage to take a ride with the devil ? "

Last Pokemon : "Lets go , Partner.. The FINAL Battle begins now !"

Win : "Guess you didn't have enough courage .. "

Lose : "You will never lose , not when you have the courage to ride with the devil.

Pokemon :

{steelix} Level 95 / Rock Head. @Leftovers
Sandstorm , Thunder Fang , Earthquake , Giga Impact

{magnezone} Level 96 / Magnet Pull. @Focus Sash
Magnet Rise , Lock On , Zap Cannon , Explosion

{skarmory} Level 95 / Keen Eye. @Scope Lense
Spikes , Air Cutter , Night Slash , Steel Wing

{metagross} Level 97 / Clear Body. @Leftovers
Psychic , Hammer Arm , Earthquake , Flash Cannon

{bastiodon} Level 99 / Sturdy. @Focus Sash
Rest , Iron Defense , Iron Head , Ice Beam

{aggron} Level 100 / Rock Head. @Leftovers
Aqua Tail , Fire Punch , Aerial Ace , Stone Edge

Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:05 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Regarding Kaori Sakura's third gym, it's the 3rd Gym & by then I assuming that there are definitely factors put in place to make the gym beatable without forcing you to use certain pokemon which is usually the aim of the actual Rokemon RPG which is kind of a double edge sword cause while it makes the games stay fresh longer it also makes the game easier in a hurtful way but it is what I like the most about the Rokemon RPG games...

that being said, in this case even with the ability "Pressure" Aerodactyl is just not as much of a threat as say it was in Lance's Team in HGSS though I am worried about something seeing all of your gyms & those things are 1. most pokemon don't learn any attacks packing that much power before LV25 quite literally & if that happens to be the case for the available pokemon by that time then I say that Aerodactyl, while not really a big threat itself is going to be like playing on DMD Mode(can you tell what this means, lol?) with Stone Edge being present but mainly cause most pokemon that are available by then can't do much damage in their current state & don't have any attacks that can pack enough punch to take Aerodactyl or even Lunatone out without the vice versa senario happening first in pretty much no matter what but I'm sure this is covered as you have carefully covered pretty much everything else up to this point anyway...

torchie13125 wrote:

As stated in another way by 2 other people that visit this thread, it is your own region & if you want Jynx's to be somehow available at any level then it is perfectly allowed period, don't ever try to balance levels by just using a lower evolution of any specific pokemon cause there is just no need as you are pretty much making a decision about your own region when you do this like for example if you saw my 1st Gym Leader's Team then you would have saw something worse then a Jynx under LV30 & that my friend is a Medicham at only LV10...

Remember people, you are pretty much making these trainers primarily for "Your Own Region"!, I can't be any clearer then this so please feel free to be a little more flexible & not worry so much about the difficulty as your region probably makes up for it, no?...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:39 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Something I put together real quick for an awesome thread like this :D

Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:31 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

1st Gym Leader of ??? Region

Terasand City
Leader: Nell Female
Type: Ground
Badge: Hole Badge
Poke 1500, Allow to use Strengh, All Pokemon under level 20 will obey

Trainer:

Hiker Anton
Challenge: Are you trapped by these holes, young man?
Win: You'll try training at mountain, like me.
Lose: Ah, you too strong, kid.
{geodude} L10 (Tackle, Dig, Rock Throw, Defense Curl)
{sandshrew} L11 (Dig, Scratch, Sand-Attack, Defense Curl)

Picknicker Ann
Challenge: I will become like Nell, fear me!
Win: You see, I'm strong. How can you beat Nell?
Lose: Maybe I'm not so good. But Nell stronger than you
{diglett} L11 (Scratch, Growl, Dig, Sand Attack)
{rhyhorn} L12 (Dig, Horn Attack, Stomp, Fury Attack)

GYM LEADER
Challenge: My name Nell, the Terasand Gym Leader. Let me show you the true power of Ground!
Win: How a tense battle. Tell me if you ready for rematch, <name>
Lose: Hmm, I like this battle. You win, <name>. I, Nell, the Leader of Terasand Gym, officially gives this badge to you.
Last Pokemon: Wow, you're good, but I see you haven't show all of your strengh.
After Battle: <name> receive Hole Badge. This badge allow you to use HM Strengh outside the battle, also make All Pokemon under level 20 obey you, even it's traded. Oh, here it's receive this TM Dig. Dig can be used to atttack in the second turn. But, remember, this move didn't affected Flying-type Pokemon. Good Luck.

{rhyhorn} L14
-Dig
-Horn Attack
-Swagger
-Fury Attack

{diglett} L15
-Dig
-Scratch
-Mud Slap
-Magnitude

{sandslash} L16 @Oran Berry
-Dig
-Sand-Attack
-Swift
-Mud Shot

Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:41 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

zPIRATED wrote:
Something I put together real quick for an awesome thread like this :D

Fantastic...as I am not a signature/banner person I want to know exactly what you want to do with it?...

That being said, as they are spread throughout this thread, here are the pages to find my Gym Leaders on including the 1 coming up of course;

Elite 4 all members = Page 1
Region Champion Kassidy = Page 3
Gym Leader Shaud = Page 5
Gym Leader Aegis = Page 6
Gym Leader Xavier = Page 8
Gym Leader Parker = Current Page

With that done, Parker will come soon as another post is made...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Last edited by Lawence Codye on Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:24 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Maybe put it in the first post of the thread or smth ?

Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:13 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

That's what I figured it was for & it is up now & credit has been given where it is due all at once, now on to Parker's rematch team...

Name = Parker / Gym Leader #4
Gender = Male
Region = Unknown Region #1
----------
Background = He is actually new to the region coming from the "Paradise" known as Hoenn, at least that's what the people he now lives around call it. He is the advisor for the facility known as the "Grass Resort" which is located in the same town as his Gym & is the only place in the region currently capable of being homage to pokemon that perfer the forest or grassland environmental settings...this is due to an incident that affected the whole region at some point in time. He himself is in his late 20s & dresses quite casually sporting just a plain long sleeved green shirt with a timberwolf shirt lengthed vest along with black pants & green sandels & his hair is green with black highlights. He loves a windy forest & tries to give that image to all of his opponents at any cost all while keeping his head on straight plus he's a layed back kind of guy that only challenges those he feel have the potiential to tackle the remaining 4 Gyms following his...if not, then he will give the impression that he is too lazy to accept your challenge & that will be the end of it until you prove otherwise. He also has a crush on Erika from Kanto, secretly though...
----------
Theme or Type = Grass
----------
Pokemon Team (1st Visit);

{tropius} / Male / LV27 / Chlorophyll
Moveset = Twister / Leaf Storm / Whirl Wind / Air Slash

{shiftry} / Male / LV28 / Early Bird
Moveset = Whirl Wind / Faint Attack / Seed Bomb / Fake Out

{grovyle} / Male / LV29 / Overgrow
Moveset = Leaf Storm / Dragon Breath / Giga Drain / Leech Seed

{tangrowth} / Male / LV29 / Leaf Guard
Moveset = Leaf Storm / Giga Drain / Ancient Power / Wring Out

{shiftry} / Male / LV30 / Chlorophyll
Moveset = Whirl Wind / Leaf Storm / Razor Wind / Extrasensory

----------
Pokemon Team (Rematch);

{tangrowth} / Male / LV63 / Leaf Guard
Moveset = Sunny Day / Amnesia / Giga Drain / Leech Seed
Item = Leftovers

{exeggutor} / Male / LV64 / Chlorophyll
Moveset = Sunny Day / Hypnosis / Dream Eater / Substitute
Item = Big Root

{sunflora} / Male / LV64 / Solar Power
Moveset = Sunny Day / Leaf Storm / Earth Power / Synthesis
Item = White Herb

{tropius} / Female / LV65 / Solar Power
Moveset = Sunny Day / Leaf Storm / Whirlwind / Roost
Item = White Herb

{shiftry} / Male / LV65 / Chlorophyll
Moveset = Nasty Plot / Leaf Storm / Dark Pulse / Whirlwind
Item = White Herb

{venusaur} / Female / LV66 / Overgrow
Moveset = Power Whip / Earthquake / Sludge Bomb / Leech Seed
Item = Black Sludge

----------
Strategy = As he is a patient person, he simply does what he likes best...uses Tropius as a warning for things to come then switches to one of his Whirl Wind users & well, uses Whirl Wind along with speed to overcome your pokemon that may cause him problems & otherwise works his other moves based on your pokemon type wise...once one of his Whirl Wind user is taken out besides Tropius, he will switch to one of his Giga Drain users & proceed to work on draining your pokemon dry while he overwelms them with powerful special attacks all based on your pokemon...aside from this, 1 other thing to note is that he doesn't use his special attacking Shiftry early unless he would be at a type disavantage otherwise...
----------
Strategy (Rematch) = Alright, so for the rematch rooster, he went all Sunny Day Team on you & 4 of his pokemon know the move & 3 of the pokemon know the move Leaf Storm & all of them are holding the White Herb so they can use it twice without consequences, while the ability "Solar Power" would normally be a double-edge sword, it is actually a complete benefit on Sunflora & especially Tropius due to them having recovery moves, Chlorophyll actually makes Exeggutor become something to worry about & it also makes Shiftry even more of a pain then it should be if it actually manages to switch out onto the battle field while Sunny Day is still up, & now to talk about that unique Venusaur of his...it has an ATK nature & 2 physical attacks which are "Power Whip" which could miss 15% of the time & "Earthquake" which covers all of it's problems weakness wise except mainly the Flying Type & also the Ice Type which isn't that much of a threat as the Flying Type, it also has the special attack "Sludge Bomb" to make use of it's naturally high SPATK & finally it has Leech Seed to make it even harder to take this thing down, as for how you deal with him is up to you alone but beware of everything above & more as you put together how to approach this team, it covers alot of stuff so if you don't have a Flying Type or maybe even an Ice Type, good luck buddy lol...
----------
Aftermath = Island Badge / TM for Giga Drain / $7500 Pokedollars
----------
Aftermath (Rematch) = $15000 Pokedollars / Unlocks TM for Giga Drain at Poke' Mart/Dept. Store locations
----------
Special Note = Parker doesn't challenge the protagonist in this region until he/she brings him a picture of Erika which just happens to pop up somehow in some way...other then this it's as said above...

Last edited by Lawence Codye on Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:28 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Gym Leader #3: Limestone Gym
Theme: Rock Pokemon

Gym Trainer 1: Hiker Trey
Start: See the white rocks in here? It's called limestone.
Win: Learn to fear the Rock Pokemon.
Lose: I lost, but my love of Rock Pokemon will never falter.
Pokemon Team
{geodude} Lv. 18
Rock Head
Stealth Rock (TM)
Rock Throw
Selfdestruct
Magnitude
{geodude} Lv. 19
Rock Head
Selfdestruct
Rock Polish
Rock Throw
Magnitude
{nosepass} Lv. 19
Magnet Pull
Rock Throw
Harden
Tackle
Block
Aftermath: 281 Poke

Gym Trainer 2: Camper Trisha
Start: How did you get this far?
Win: At least you aren't as good as me.
Lose: And still you'll never beat Rocky.
Pokemon Team
{rhyhorn} Lv. 19
Lightningrod
Tail Whip
Stomp
Horn Attack
Stealth Rock (TM)
{larvitar} Lv. 19
Guts
Screech
Sandstorm
Bite
Rock Slide
Aftermath: 273 Poke

Gym Trainer 3: Hiker Bret
Start: Rock Pokemon are the best Pokemon us Hikers have!
Win: You have seen the mighty power of rock!
Lose: I bet Rocky will win against you.
Pokemon Team
{larvitar} Lv. 19
Guts
Sandstorm
Bite
Rock Slide
Stealth Rock (TM)
{larvitar} Lv. 20
Guts
Screech
Sandstorm
Bite
Rock Slide
{nosepass} Lv. 21
Magnet Pull
Tackle
Harden
Rock Throw
Block
{rhyhorn} Lv. 20
Lightningrod
Stomp
Tail Whip
Fury Attack
Horn Attack
Afternath: 324 Poke

Gym Leader: Rocky
Bio: When Rocky was ten, he was given his first Pokemon: a Geodude, by a close colleague of Roark's. He then fell in love with Rock Pokemon. When Whitedark Elite Fours came to him, he said without hesitation, "Count me and my Rock Pokemon in!"
Intro: From the layout of this Gym, you probably have guessed what things I like to do for a living. I am a sculptor, as well as a constructor and a Gym leader.
Start: And now, enough of my introduction. It is time that I show the awesome powers of Rock Pokemon!
Win: Well, you have much to learn about Rock Types, so please, train more before you return.
Lose: That was an intense battle! A battle that I have not had since the very first battle... Here, take this badge, the Whitestone Badge.
Pokemon Team
{geodude} Lv. 22
Rock Head
Stealth Rock (TM)
Rollout
Rock Throw
Magnitude
{larvitar} Lv. 23
Guts
Rock Slide
Sandstorm
Screech
Stealth Rock (TM)
{rhyhorn} Lv. 23
Lightningrod
Stomp
Horn Attack
Fury Attack
Tail Whip
{graveler} Lv. 25
Rock head
Stealth Rock (TM)
Magnitude
Rock Throw
Rock Polish
Aftermath: 2500 Poke, TM-Stealth Rock

Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:36 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm gonna be remaking the Gym Leaders . Cos I don't really seem happy or satisfied bout the previous ones ...
They'll also be done in another format , however , I repeat , names WILL BE reused. Because I honestly lack the creation of names in my frozen brain..
Lets start with the 1st Gym now kay ?
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Gym Leader 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Birth Name : Kitawo

Birth Place : Ankh

First [b]P[b]okemon : Classified .

Kitawo is the strongest Gym Leader in Ankh . One of the best trainers in the world . He was chosen to be the first Gym Leader to spot the talents and strength of the new trainers . Wanna piece of his real power ? Your gonna need the 4 Elite Symbols for that . He is found sleeping most of the time and if woken up unnecessarily , he will not hesitate to destroy whatever did so. Which is why his Pokemon has been trained to battle without his commands .

Gym Leader Kitawo :

Daytime [ 00.00 - 17.59 ]
Start : Did you get a good sleep ? Otherwise, my Pokemon will treat yours like a punching bag !
Win : For a minute there , I actually though you would be a great trainer ...
Lose : That enthusiasm of battling , that bond with your Pokemon .. a rare talent indeed !

Night [ 18.00 - 23.59 ]
Spoken to : No ! Don't come any closer you dirty lil' rabbit..
[ Talk to the Pokemon for the Gym challenge ]

Pokemon Tyrogue [ 18.00 - 23.59 ] :
Start : - Growling Language -
Win : - More Growling Language -
Lose : .......
[ After winning , talk to Kitawo again. The dialogue will say there is a shiny item coming out of his pocket . Press "A" again for the badge ]

Pokemon :
{machop} Level 13
Bulk Up , Focus Energy , Low Kick , Karate Chop

{makuhita} Level 14
Bulk Up , Focus Energy , Arm Thrust , Vital Throw

{tyrogue} Level 16
Bulk Up , Tackle , Fake out , Brick Break

Rewards : xxxx Poke$ , Fist Badge , TM00 Bulk Up / TM00 Brick Break

Rematch [ After Beating the Elite 4 ]

{medicham} Level 72
Detect , Ice Punch , High Jump Kick , Force Palm

{hariyama} Level 72
Bulk Up , Stone Edge , Close Combat , Focus Punch

{machamp} Level 73
Bulk Up , Low Kick , Thunder Punch , Cross Chop

{slaking} Level 74
Rest , Earthquake , Fire Blast , Giga Impact

{hitmonlee} Level 76
Blaze Kick , Jump Kick , Mega Kick , Close Combat

{hitmonchan} Level 76
Ice Punch , Thunder Punch , Fire Punch , Mega Punch

Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:25 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Name = Minato / Gym Leader #5
Gender = Male
Region = Unknown Region #1
----------
Background = As the current Champion's brother, he is without question an Elite among Gym Leaders period & is also a Eevee fanatic as you will see below...As the Toxic Zone's owner has a Poison Eevolution as a Pet, you would expect him to know about but, he doesn't know it exists, well not yet anyway. Before the region's "incident" occured, he was a trainer just like you except one problem, he lost to the Champion which was his brother at that time as well & through a recalibration phase & after the "incident" occured decided to just be a Gym Leader for the region, he doesn't mind much though as he isn't a very competitive person however, he doesn't take defeat the best way in the world either hinch the reason he isn't still a traveling trainer anymore, he is 16 & sports a typical black silk short sleeved shirt & black silk jogging pants that aren't baggy & finally black running shoes, he is a bit new to the region but has been there for around 1 1/2 years, he was originally from Sevii Islands, enough said...
----------
Theme or Type = Special Diversity (Eevolution)
----------
Pokemon Team (1st Visit);

{vaporeon} / Male / LV34 / Water Absorb
Moveset = Brine / Shadow Ball / Signal Beam / Icy Wind
(may not be an active party member...)

{jolteon} / Male / LV34 / Volt Absorb
Moveset = Charge Beam / Signal Beam / Shadow Ball / Thunder Wave

{flareon} / Male / LV34 / Flash Fire
Moveset = Bite / Iron Tail / Heat Wave / Last Resort

{espeon} / Male / LV34 / Synchronize
Moveset = Signal Beam / Calm Mind / Shadow Ball / Psychic

{umbreon} / Male / LV34 / Synchronize
Moveset = Swagger / Payback / Spite / Last Resort

{leafeon} / Male / LV34 / Leaf Guard
Moveset = Razor Leaf / Aerial Ace / Iron Tail / Last Resort

{glaceon} / Male / LV34 / Snow Cloak
Moveset = Signal Beam / Water Pulse / Avalanche / Shadow Ball

----------
Pokemon Team (Rematch); (not even put together yet so ignore what you see below)

{vaporeon} / Male / LV66 / Water Absorb
Moveset =
Item =

{jolteon} / Male / LV66 / Volt Absorb
Moveset =
Item =

{flareon} / Male / LV66 / Flash Fire
Moveset =
Item =

{espeon} / Male / LV66 / Synchronize
Moveset =
Item =

{umbreon} / Male / LV66 / Synchronize
Moveset =
Item =

{leafeon} / Male / LV66 / Leaf Guard
Moveset =
Item =

{glaceon} / Male / LV66 / Snow Cloak
Moveset =
Item =

----------
Strategy = Well umm, not really much stradegy here except use what works is kind of his thing aka, whatever works best based on your pokemon's type, the biggest threat here is actually the abilities that his pokemon has as they can stop you from wanting to use Hail or Sunny Day or even Rain Dance, they can stop you from wanting to inflict status conditions on his pokemon as well but aside from that it's just type variety which might become an issue but as you are surely to be either on level with him or above his level, this shouldn't prove to be too much of an issue & last but not least, use a slower pokemon on Umbreon, Your pokemon capable of taking out his pokemon the fastest against any of them with Last Resort (possibly including Umbreon) & for the rest well, it's really up to you...
P.S. He actually is the hardest of the Gyms in the region but due to level difference by time you get to him, not so much...
----------
Strategy (Rematch) = As with the first match, there is no set strategy to deal with Minato's team as it is a Diversity Team so just use what works & hope for the best as he is 1 of the highest ranked trainers in the entire region & not because he's a Gym Leader so welp, enjoy...
----------
Aftermath = Genetic Badge / Unlocks story content... / $10000 Pokedollars
----------
Aftermath (Rematch) = $20000 Pokedollars / Unlocks even more story content(not TM sets but some other stuff)...
----------
Special Note = Vaporeon is switch with either Umbreon or Glaceon based on your team type wise & then the last slot is filled with one of the remaining Eevolutions that was not used in the first slot at random but this time not based on anything, & as for the TM he gives you, none & instead he unlocks the 2nd of 4 sets of TMs that is sold to you ingame, they are large sets & with all 4 comes the whole TM collection...As for the rematch rooster he will choose, he picks his entire team & it's order based on the day of the week it is when you face him instead of always having either Vaporeon or Umbreon as his lead...

Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:32 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

NELL GYM LEADER REMATCH
Prize: 10.000 Poke
Challenge: Hi, long time no see. How about a rematch? I'm stronger than the last time we met!
Win: I said it to you, I'm stronger than before
Lose: Sigh, I always lose when battle with you.
Last Pokemon: I feel something make me do not want lose. I'm serious now

{nidoqueen} L48
-Poison Jab
-Superpower
-Earth Power
-Earthquake

{wormadam} Sandy Cloack L50
-Bug Bite
-Earthquake
-Protect
-Dig

{donphan} L54
-Fury Attack
-Magnitude
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge

{dugtrio} L55
-Dig
-Slash
-Earthquake
-Magnitude

{rhyperior} L58 @Sitrus Berry
-Earthquake
-Megahorn
-Horn Drill
-Rock Blast

{sandslash} L60 @Soft Sand
-Dig
-Earthquake
-Crush Claw
-Earth Power

------------

2st Gym Leader of ??? Region
Neutron City
Leader: Herman Male
Type: Normal
Badge: Base Badge
Poke 2200, Allow to use Cut, All Pokemon under level 30 will obey

Trainer:

Youngster Archy
Challenge: I'll buy a new shorts if I win this match!
Win: Yes! My mother now can gives me new shorts!
Lose: Oh, I can't buy a new one....
{bidoof} L16 (Tackle, Hidden Power, Rollout)
{bidoof} L18 (Tackle, Defence Curl, Rollout, Headbutt)

Ace Trainer Toni
Challenge: You're challenging this gym, aren't you? Me, too.
Win: How you beat Herman if you can't beat me
Lose: I.... I... I lo.... lose?
{rattata} L18 (Tackle, Hidden Power, Quick Attack, Hyper fang)
{happiny} L20 (Pound, Charm, Hidden Power, Copycat)
{bibarel} L20 (Tackle, Rollout, Hidden Power, Water Gun)

Scientist Alph
Challenge: I'm asked by Herman to protecting this gym from dangerous chemical.
Win: Oh, too bad, but I think you need more practice
Lose: You not look like having dangerous Stuff.
{porygon} L19 (Psybeam, Hidden Power, Conversion, Sharpen)

GYM LEADER
Challenge: Welcome to my gym. Yeah, this gym looks like not a gym but much like a lab. Anyway, My name is Herman, the gym leader and head scientist of Neutro City. Prepare for the power of normality!
Win: You must training more, your skill must be sharpen!
Lose: Ah, I lose. This...... your badge, receive it!
Last Pokemon: My Pokemon were normal, but their power isn't Normal, Y'know!
{bibarel} L22
Rollout
Hyper Fang
Hidden Power
Water Gun

{zangoose} L23
Aerial Ace
Crush Claw
Hidden Power
Slash

{porygon2} L25
Conversion
Psybeam
Hidden Power
Converison2

Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:54 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

No offence there , Infernape77 , but I think your post should really use some grammer editing ?

Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:16 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Sorry for my bad grammar, cause English not my mother language.

Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:06 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Infernape77 wrote:
Sorry for my bad grammar, cause English not my mother language.

In that case I can help you a bit...these are some changes that should be made to better your grammer;

Lose: Sigh, I always lose when I battle with you.

Last Pokemon: I feel something that makes me do not want lose. I'm serious now.

Challenge: I'll buy a some new shorts if I win this match!

Win: Yes! My mother now can gives me some new shorts! (or just say buy instead of give or get...)

Lose: Oh, I can't buy a new one pair....

Challenge: You're challenging this gym, aren't you? Me, too. (get rid of the comma after Me as you don't need it...)

Win: How you beat Herman if you can't beat me.

Challenge: I'm asked by Herman to protecting this gym from dangerous chemicals.
(don't say chemical at the end of this sentence unless it's in plural form as it would be being specific then about what kind of chemicals which you aren't doing here so...)

Win: Oh, too bad, but I think you need more practice.

Lose: You're not looking like having dangerous Stuff.
(instead of the last bit say something like "you have anything dangerous" or something like that...)

Challenge: Welcome to my gym. Yeah, this gym looks like not a gym but much like a lab. Anyway, My name is Herman, the gym leader and head scientist of Neutro City. Prepare for the power of normality! ("like not" isn't much of a problem but it would be better as "less like" & as for "much", please change it to more as the word much is just not going to work here...)

Win: You must training more, your skill must be sharpened! (or you can say "your skills must be sharper!" but your choice...)

Lose: Ah, I lose. This...... your badge, receive it! (avoid leaving spaces like this in your sentences for obvious reasons...I will let you fix this 1 yourself)

Last Pokemon: My Pokemon were normal, but their power isn't Normal, Y'know! (past tense & present tense together doesn't work here at all so either change "were" to "is" or something else that works or change "isn't" to "wasn't" or something else that works...)

That being said, great gyms sir...

Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:36 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Thanks for your help, Lawence!

Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:31 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Don't worry man , even me and Lawence could make mistakes . Editted from Lawence's post , these are what I think are mistakes even she makes.They might not be , but oh well .... mistakes are in YELLOW optional mistakes are in RED

Lawence Codye wrote:
Lose: Sigh, I always lose when I battle with you.

Last Pokemon: I feel something that makes me do not want lose. I'm serious now.

Challenge: I'll buy a some new shorts if I win this match!

Win: Yes! My mother now can gives me some new shorts! (or just say buy instead of give or get...)

Lose: Oh, I can't buy a new one pair....

Challenge: You're challenging this gym, aren't you? Me, too. (get rid of the comma after Me as you don't need it...)

Win: How you gonna / going to beat Herman if you can't even beat me.

Challenge: I'm asked by Herman to protecting this gym from dangerous chemicals.
(don't say chemical at the end of this sentence unless it's in plural form as it would be being specific then about what kind of chemicals which you aren't doing here so...)

Win: Oh, too bad, but I think you need more practice.

Lose: You're not looking like having dangerous Stuff.
(instead of the last bit say something like "you have anything dangerous" or something like that...)

Challenge: Welcome to my gym. Yeah, this gym looks like not a gym but much like a labmore like a lab rather then a gym. Anyway, My name is Herman, the gym leader and head scientist of Neutro City. Prepare for the power of normality! ("like not" isn't much of a problem but it would be better as "less like" & as for "much", please change it to more as the word much is just not going to work here...)

Win: You must training more, your skills must be sharpened! (or you can say "your skills must be sharper!" but your choice...)

Lose: Ah, I lost. This...... your badge, receive it! (avoid leaving spaces like this in your sentences for obvious reasons...I will let you fix this 1 yourself)

Last Pokemon: My Pokemon were normal, but their power isn't Normalwasn't, Y'know! (past tense & present tense together doesn't work here at all so either change "were" to "is" or something else that works or change "isn't" to "wasn't" or something else that works...)

That being said, great gyms sir...

Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 485 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 20  Next